Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:26:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Some of you all wouldn't survive driving overseas. Camp in the left lane in Germany or the middle east and see what happens. Take your slow retarded  entitled ass to the right.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is it OK to go 120 in the left lane since I'm passing people?  What if I'm only doing 90 in a 60, and the guy behind me on a crotch rocket wants to go 140mph?  Am I the bad guy for only doing 90?  So when is a speed limit a speed limit?
View Quote
Get the fuck out of the left lane.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:34:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I did a ride along with my old roommate who was an Oregon State Trooper assigned to I-5 between Wilsonville and Albany, Oregon.

The number of people he pulled over for what he called PARKING IN THE LEFT LANE was astounding to me for his 12 hour shift.

Guess what?

Most were or a great majority were from California or some other leftist state.

BUT I WAS GOING THE SPEED LIMIT!

YOU CANNOT PARK IN THE LEFT LANE.

Big hamster on the wheel stuck on stupid is the normal face reaction.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nope, but if you're not actively passing someone you stay the fuck out of it.  It should be common sense
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does the left lane have a higher speed limit than the right lane?
Nope, but if you're not actively passing someone you stay the fuck out of it.  It should be common sense

There are areas in some States where that is entirely impractical and where it is more of a "fast lane" (or should be seen as such) than a passing lane.  My own State (CA) has a number of highways like this.  Too much traffic to reserve a lane for passing.

But outside of that I generally agree and it is also the law in many States (others, including my own on some highway stretches, have rules requiring slow traffic to keep to the right).

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Keep up with the flow of traffic and do not impede the flow of traffic. Everybody in Cali had been taught this. In Idaho it's just the opposite, how can we impede or slow the flow of traffic or cause a distraction. Different mindset.
View Quote

And yet an absolute ton of people in or from CA will camp out in the left lane.  On road trips, as I approach CA I'll start to notice more and more left-lane campers and sure enough most are from CA.  Once I get into CA, then there are a ton of left-lane campers and the bulk of them are Californians.  In urban areas you'll constantly see cars get on the freeway and immediately move all of the way to the left while driving slowly or at least slower than the flow of traffic.  The other day I saw a guy get on and struggle to merge initially because he would not go above 35-40mph or so and then I see him behind me proceed to quickly move laterally over to the left lane without increasing his speed to any significant degree, forcing people to dodge him, and then camp out there like that.

Obstruction of traffic like this is a ticketable offense, but last I heard CHP had announced years ago that they would not enforce it under these circumstances.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:47:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I did a ride along with my old roommate who was an Oregon State Trooper assigned to I-5 between Wilsonville and Albany, Oregon.

The number of people he pulled over for what he called PARKING IN THE LEFT LANE was astounding to me for his 12 hour shift.

Guess what?

Most were or a great majority were from California or some other leftist state.

BUT I WAS GOING THE SPEED LIMIT!

YOU CANNOT PARK IN THE LEFT LANE.

Big hamster on the wheel stuck on stupid is the normal face reaction.
View Quote

I have been behind people on an entry ramp onto a freeway that will put their turn signal on and immediately go straight to the left lane. I pass them on the right and check my mirrors once I'm well ahead of them. Even going 10 over you pull away from them and they just camp the left lane even with other lanes open.

Some people are just dumb and horrible drivers and have no idea they're doing something illegal.

The more enforcement of that rule the better. A left lane camper causing people to pass them on the right is way more dangerous than someone going 15 over IMO but not really going much faster than the flow of traffic.

And the poster above is right. Pull that camping shit in some other countries and you will pile up tickets in rapid succession. People here act like going 72 in a 70 means they don't ever have to move to the right.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, obviously driveways are for parking. And parkways are for driving.

The center lane is marked with special double solid and dashed lines and arrows that indicate that it's a turn lane.

And yeah, I've seen people drive in it. And on the shoulder.

You shouldn't have to speed to pass someone in the left lane. If you do speed, then the cops will pull you over for speeding, even IF you are passing.
View Quote

1) Just because there are no signs or markings explicitly reminding you something is illegal, does not mean that it's not currently illegal. And just because someone else is being an asshole does not give you a pass to do the same.

2) The only way I can see you having to speed to pass someone in the left lane is if they are already going at or above the speed limit. If you are so adamant to stay within the limit, how and why are you even passing them in the first place?

Think of it as the old shopping cart test. You're not required to return the cart, but you are still an asshole if you don't (with some very narrow exceptions for the "Well Ackchyually" guys, and in this case you ARE infact required to return the cart). When you act like an asshole, expect others to be assholes to you (like pulling you over to hassle you for being in the left lane.) And don't expect much sympathy from others when you are stuck on the side of the road dealing with the consequences of being an asshole.

Just don't be an asshole, it's not hard.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Business would be booming for him in Washington state
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:51:59 AM EDT
[#9]
driving slow in the fast lane? i would be ok with the police officer dragging him out of the car and slapping him around. i hate left lane campers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:53:48 AM EDT
[#10]
GTFO of the left hand lane.  If people are passing you on the right you need to move over.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:54:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Business would be booming for him in Washington state
View Quote

All those fucking OR drivers doing 65 in the left lane in the 70 zone
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:55:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sure wish there was a lot more of that nationwide.   Fuck left lane campers!   They should be sent to FEMA re-education camps.   Nobody wants to hear your bullshit about how you're doing the speed limit.  Fuck you.
View Quote

You are much nicer than me, I say summary roadside execution.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:56:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Cop was right.
View Quote

This - it is illegal to camp in the left lanes.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:59:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Because the laws conflict and are retarded much like anything the BATFe does.

Shouting "I'm passing!" doesn't suddenly negate the speed limit laws. I understand the overall sentiment of allowing traffic to do what traffic does, but the laws themselves are conflicting.

Let's also be honest here, most people don't "pass" in the left lane, they speed. Different on interstates, but within city limits, people just want to speed.

Those two reasons are why the speed limits keep being brought up.
View Quote

Like I mentioned above. If you're so concerned with the speed limit, there is no conflict. If you have to speed to pass, then you don't have to pass. The left lane is for you to pass those going below the limit in which instance you can pass them within the speed limit.

If others choose to speed in the left lane, what concern is that to you? Are you there to block them and restore order? Stay out of the left lane so the cops can focus on the actual speeders instead of wasting their time dealing with rolling road hazards.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:08:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Only because Az must be full of dumby lawyers.
View Quote

What lawyers, they have all been chased out to Utah.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:11:32 AM EDT
[#16]
If you are moving to Az there's some shit you need to know.

If the speed limit is 45 you need to do 55
55 you need to do 65
65 you need to do 75 in the right lane.  80-90 in the left lane.  

If you are driving the speed limit in a left lane youre going to cause a fuck ton of native road rage And maybe an accident.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:12:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I pass on the right after a few seconds following on the left, lots of clueless idiots out there. And passing them on the inside doesn't wake them up, they still don't move over after me and several other folks have passed them.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure I ruined someone's day last Saturday on 41 North. After passing a dozen or so "Slow traffic keep right" signs he finally moved over so I could safely pass, but then he tried to pace me once I blew past him and his shitbox.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:18:38 AM EDT
[#18]
That's a lot of bullshit.

ETA:  

Citizen: Everyone was speeding...

Cop: Well, I caught you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:22:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wait until the OP discovers Fridays with Frank.
View Quote

He's on the Brady List.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

in Germany, you'd get a big fine for camping out there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:08:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You sound like a po-po. He's doing the speed limit, and people are going over the speed limit to pass him, yet he gets pulled over. Find someone else to fucking harass. "Going with the flow of traffic" gets thrown out the window when they want to write speeding tickets.
View Quote
Spoken like true hard-core left lane campers, trying to justify their stupid, inconsiderate shit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:13:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What is with this fixation on the speed limit? What does the speed limit have to do with it?

You. Don't. Go. In. The. Left. Lane. Unless. You're. Passing.

Where are you people all getting speed limits from?

Are you passing as you're doing the speed limit? No? Then get the fuck out of the left lane. It's quite simple.

The idiot in the video clearly wasn't passing. Good stop and I wouldn't even be mad if the cop P.I.T.ed his ass off the road first.

Learn to drive or take the bus.
View Quote
These left lane camper assholes think they are the speed sheriff and their job is to force people to go no faster than what THEY think is appropriate.   Selfish, entitled fucks.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:14:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hate left lane bandits with a deep passion. That being said, fuck that cop. How about he fucks off and finds some human traffickers or murderers instead? Hmmm?
View Quote

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about law enforcement and definitely like someone who likes to left lane camp.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So is it OK to go 120 in the left lane since I'm passing people?  What if I'm only doing 90 in a 60, and the guy behind me on a crotch rocket wants to go 140mph?  Am I the bad guy for only doing 90?  So when is a speed limit a speed limit?
View Quote
It's not up to you to police how fast others drive.   Get the fuck out of the goddamn left lane when not passing!   How hard is that to understand?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:21:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Good stop, stay the fuck out of the left lane.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have been behind people on an entry ramp onto a freeway that will put their turn signal on and immediately go straight to the left lane. I pass them on the right and check my mirrors once I'm well ahead of them. Even going 10 over you pull away from them and they just camp the left lane even with other lanes open.
Some people are just dumb and horrible drivers and have no idea they're doing something illegal.
The more enforcement of that rule the better. A left lane camper causing people to pass them on the right is way more dangerous than someone going 15 over IMO but not really going much faster than the flow of traffic.
And the poster above is right. Pull that camping shit in some other countries and you will pile up tickets in rapid succession. People here act like going 72 in a 70 means they don't ever have to move to the right.
View Quote
And the key is they are selfish fucks who can't drive worth a shit and don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:24:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The video was showing him in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway, not the left lane.

According to the video, the cop was wrong.
View Quote

All lanes except the right are for passing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:27:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

People screech about self-driving cars but I'm mostly convinced that widespread self-driving cars would mean about a 50% increase in cars that are actually being driven by anyone.
View Quote

This is why a lot of chiefs and sheriffs are against them. Massive drop in revenue due to less vehicles speeding, running red lights, rolling through stop signs, etc.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
And the key is they are selfish fucks who can't drive worth a shit and don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a mixture of dumb fucks, people who think they're little mini deputies, and the selfish assholes that have the attitude of doing the speed limit but literally can't comprehend what they're doing is illegal and more dangerous than people going 10-15 over.

Where I used to work was a 2 lane 55mph state hwy and more often than not you get stuck in a train behind some asshole that goes 40-45 which causes the accordion effect behind them. The person doing the 40-45 bullshit is more dangerous than someone doing 65 the whole way.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:40:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Whereever lawyers get chased to I doubt it's this wonderful paradise
View Quote

You aren’t lying, I enjoy staying in St. George when I travel through the area.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only according to Arfcom.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:58:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OP has now started a thread with a video I posted on facebook 3 days ago.
View Quote

A video from last May?

That Sheriff has been doing this for a while (video from Feb 2020):

NO CAMPING IN THE LEFT LANE!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Whole lotta hands on whiners up in heeya.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:13:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Edited for stupidity
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:08:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You sound like a po-po. He's doing the speed limit, and people are going over the speed limit to pass him, yet he gets pulled over. Find someone else to fucking harass. "Going with the flow of traffic" gets thrown out the window when they want to write speeding tickets.
View Quote

Wrong.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sounds like of you camp in it all day backing up traffic you deserve to get pulled over and yelled at too.

May he take a half hour to run the information for warrants and help drive the point home on what it must feel like to have some place to be or something more important to be doing, to be at the mercy of some smug asshole on a power trip.
View Quote

The worst part is that they’re in the left lane with nobody in front of them, thinking it’s such a nice day with barely any traffic, meanwhile there’s a logjam behind them that causes massive traffic buildups and contributes to causing otherwise avoidable accidents. My father used to do that and my brother and I used to yell at him all the time to get out of the way lol
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Like I mentioned above. If you're so concerned with the speed limit, there is no conflict. If you have to speed to pass, then you don't have to pass. The left lane is for you to pass those going below the limit in which instance you can pass them within the speed limit.

If others choose to speed in the left lane, what concern is that to you? Are you there to block them and restore order? Stay out of the left lane so the cops can focus on the actual speeders instead of wasting their time dealing with rolling road hazards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the laws conflict and are retarded much like anything the BATFe does.

Shouting "I'm passing!" doesn't suddenly negate the speed limit laws. I understand the overall sentiment of allowing traffic to do what traffic does, but the laws themselves are conflicting.

Let's also be honest here, most people don't "pass" in the left lane, they speed. Different on interstates, but within city limits, people just want to speed.

Those two reasons are why the speed limits keep being brought up.

The issue is still with the laws themselves being retarded. If someone is going the speed limit, then passing would be illegal.

The laws should be changed. Speed limits are mostly bullshit these days anyway. Most places haven't conducted a speed study in decades.

I agree that people shouldn't camp the left lane, but assuming that people who are there and going the speed limit are TRYING to cause an issue is also retarded.

It's like @victorgonzales said:
Quoted:

If you are moving to Az there's some shit you need to know.

If the speed limit is 45 you need to do 55
55 you need to do 65
65 you need to do 75 in the right lane.  80-90 in the left lane.  

If you are driving the speed limit in a left lane youre going to cause a fuck ton of native road rage And maybe an accident.

Which I agree with. Everyone goes fast here because the roads are nice and big and relatively well taken care of.

This means that the speed limit law is the issue here that should be revised and not necessarily the left lane / impeding traffic law.

The core of my argument is that the laws conflict and the laws should be looked at being changed.

Smooth brains are the ones boiling it down to people wanting to police others' speeds.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Get out of the left lane.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#41]
What I'm getting from this thread is that people think the left lane is for speeding and driving like inconsiderate entitled douche canoes. And before anyone accused me of being a left lane camper, you're wrong, I stick mainly to the far right or middle lane and only use the left lane to pass but I don't drive like an entitled douche when in the left lane.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Any weapons in the car?
No.
You should, it’s dangerous out there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I hate left lane bandits with a deep passion. That being said, fuck that cop. How about he fucks off and finds some human traffickers or murderers instead? Hmmm?
View Quote

I see you’re as unfamiliar with that particular sheriff as you normally are with anything else law enforcement related.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Wow.

I wonder what would have happened if he said he did have a weapon?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This means that the speed limit law is the issue here that should be revised and not necessarily the left lane / impeding traffic law.

The core of my argument is that the laws conflict and the laws should be looked at being changed.
View Quote

There's no conflict. Regardless of speed limits and speed, you move to the right whenever you aren't passing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
And before anyone accused me of being a left lane camper, you're wrong, I stick mainly to the far right or middle lane and only use the left lane to pass.
View Quote

Middle lane campers are nearly as bad.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We need that in TN. No one is in a fuckin hurry here.
View Quote

Then you should've left 30 minutes earlier.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Fuck that cop.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#49]
I've seen him on Friday's with frank he is the sheriff. Seems like a decent guy and he's running for senate I think.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Texas has a similar law...

Sec. 545.051.  DRIVING ON RIGHT SIDE OF ROADWAY.  (a)  An operator on a roadway of sufficient width shall drive on the right half of the roadway, unless:
(1)  the operator is passing another vehicle;
(2)  an obstruction necessitates moving the vehicle left of the center of the roadway and the operator yields the right-of-way to a vehicle that:
(A)  is moving in the proper direction on the unobstructed portion of the roadway;  and
(B)  is an immediate hazard;
(3)  the operator is on a roadway divided into three marked lanes for traffic;  or
(4)  the operator is on a roadway restricted to one-way traffic.
(b)  An operator of a vehicle on a roadway moving more slowly than the normal speed of other vehicles at the time and place under the existing conditions shall drive in the right-hand lane available for vehicles, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, unless the operator is:
(1)  passing another vehicle;  or
(2)  preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

(c)  An operator on a roadway having four or more lanes for moving vehicles and providing for two-way movement of vehicles may not drive left of the center line of the roadway except:
(1)  as authorized by an official traffic-control device designating a specified lane to the left side of the center of the roadway for use by a vehicle not otherwise permitted to use the lane;
(2)  under the conditions described by Subsection (a)(2);  or
(3)  in crossing the center line to make a left turn into or out of an alley, private road, or driveway.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
View Quote
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top