Page / 79
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
This just keeps getting worse.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Absence of proof is not proof of absence, or something.

-Corporate speak release, putting distance between themselves and controversy.

-Then pulling ad revenue because of mob outrage.

-Then backpedaling on the pulling of ad revenue because of large scale cancellations by core customers.

-More vague corporate speak backpedaling.

-Proof that their corporate speak is bullshit when it came to light that they do support the right to self defense if they decide who gets the support.

-Dubious campaign contributions coming to light.

-Proof that corporate officers were cozying up to Hillary coming to light.

Ok, they bungled this mess and handled it poorly.......that happens nowadays, with the speed of the internet and social media. They could have cleaned it up better with some strong statements to their core customer base, but that didn’t happen either. Ok, that’s not great, but maybe they could still have salvaged things.......but then everything else came to light.

It can be hard for people to accept that the lifestyle brand that they bought into isn’t what they thought it was. Never meet your heroes, or something.

So while they may not be “anti-gun” it sure doesn’t look like they’re staunchly Pro-2A either. Which is sad, when they cater and pander to the 2A demographic on the front end, but on the back end help support enemies of the 2A in some way.

“Bruh. You like guns? We like guns too! You like veterans? We are veterans! You like explosions and titties in marketing? Watch our videos, we have explosions and titties! Bruh, we sell coffee with cool names like AK47, you should totally buy some, we are just like you!”

So GD buys their coffee. Turns out, they aren’t quite as like GD as GD thought.

Whatever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently we do, but that still doesn’t mean I’m upset about it.

I try to make the most rational decisions that I can, so if I see some real evidence (not circumstantial) that he’s antigun and just using us as a cash cow I’ll be as outraged as the rest of you, but we aren’t there yet.

-Then backpedaling on the pulling of ad revenue because of large scale cancellations by core customers.

-Proof that their corporate speak is bullshit when it came to light that they do support the right to self defense if they decide who gets the support.

Ok, they bungled this mess and handled it poorly.......that happens nowadays, with the speed of the internet and social media. They could have cleaned it up better with some strong statements to their core customer base, but that didn’t happen either. Ok, that’s not great, but maybe they could still have salvaged things.......but then everything else came to light.

It can be hard for people to accept that the lifestyle brand that they bought into isn’t what they thought it was. Never meet your heroes, or something.

So while they may not be “anti-gun” it sure doesn’t look like they’re staunchly Pro-2A either. Which is sad, when they cater and pander to the 2A demographic on the front end, but on the back end help support enemies of the 2A in some way.

“Bruh. You like guns? We like guns too! You like veterans? We are veterans! You like explosions and titties in marketing? Watch our videos, we have explosions and titties! Bruh, we sell coffee with cool names like AK47, you should totally buy some, we are just like you!”

Whatever.

I’m not arguing innocence, I’m saying I want more evidence.

The situation has been handled poorly, no doubt.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#3]
FBRCC is about to crash and burn.  They just ostracized their only demographic.

I gave up their coffee long ago.  Why pay $20 for 12 oz of coffee when I can get (actually better) coffee at Costco at 2lbs for $12?

Done, and I'm going to scrape their stupid sticker off my safe.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
No one told him that they're on an actual .gov website, lol.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Is there any proof one way or the other? Either way that would pretty much settle this situation.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep, they seem to think this is about the Blaze or Kyle.  They are pretending like Evan supporting anti 2A politicians isn't happening.
View Quote

Fucking Karens of the gun world.

Who has time for this shit? You don't have a job? You took the time to get on a chat with a BRCC rep and ask a bunch of questions that you already knew the answer to? Why?

Left, Right, Twitter, Parler. Doesn't matter. Same people everywhere you go.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Folgers isn’t using fake support of the 2nd amendment  to sell coffee.
View Quote

This is the most important fact in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Honest question, could someone have donated and used his name/BRCC as the donor info?

FBRCC anyway, but I'm curious.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So are they going to rename and rebrand into something else after this?
View Quote

BLM coffee?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

A few names have been floated
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Honest question, could someone have donated and used his name/BRCC as the donor info?

View Quote

Of course. But keep that logic the fuck outta this Karen thread.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Except they aren’t. At least not that I can find.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:21:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

If someone did, I would think that it would be illegal and provable.

If Hafer doesn't publicly take up the issue with the FEC and show it to be some kind of set up or fraud (which is possible in today's world, I'll at least grant him that)....then the dude is lying his ass off
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

is that real??

if evan is truly claiming that the FEC website isnt real and that the donations images going around are photoshopped then that has to truly be his biggest fuck up of this whole ordeal. way to lose credibility instantaneously  
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Your being vocal with your wallet is actually more cancelling that being vocal with your mouth.  Cancelling is an attempt to make another person or company do as you would like or not 'do' anymore because of your actions.  This thread is being used to educate other of like mind and attempt to have them come to the same conclusions.

Pink Pussy hats scream and tweet.  GD discusses the finer points of logos and donations while switching coffee brands.

Potato / Potato
View Quote

I'm kind of confused by your point here.  People bought overpriced coffee from this company because they liked the marketing/image (and they put out some great videos).  Now they find out that the marketing/image is completely without substance, and they don't want to support what has now been shown to be bullshit.

Are you trying to say that everyone is somehow morally obligated to keep buying their overpriced coffee now that they don't want it?  We have to support them because we liked their image before finding out the truth?  I'm struggling with that logic.  

To the other posters point - nobody is screaming to have him fired, or to replace him, or whatever.  People just don't want to pay the premium for their product anymore.  
How many products do we all need to purchase so you feel ok with the world?  

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#17]
The skinny jean hipster look did not inspire confidence that these were die hard gun guys.  I just never got the gun guy vibe from BRCC.  Initially, during the dark days/weeks/months/years of the Obummer Presidency, BRCC ads on Facebook were a bit refreshing.  But, the one guy had that skinny-pants hipster look (which is appalling).  Looking back, to me, it seems they were just looking to exploit a market of people who were constantly being bashed by the left.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:22:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's possible. Though who has such a huge axe to grind against Evan that they'd be willing to shell out thousands of dollars in donations in his name? They'd also need a time machine or have consulted a psychic.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they did it just for this eventually.  Obviously.  

Just to make inked up bro coffee company look bad in case anyone ever checked.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

is that real??

if evan is truly claiming that the FEC website isnt real and that the donations images going around are photoshopped then that has to truly be his biggest fuck up of this whole ordeal. way to lose credibility instantaneously  
View Quote

It's on his IG as we speak.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To what end would someone willingly commit a federal crime to do that?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:23:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

As I said earlier in the thread, this is a black and white world now whether you like it or not.

Personally, I don't consider supporting Commies on the backs of freedom loving Americans "trivial dumb shit" regardless of whatever else the person may have done.

I found it detestable when Trump donated to Commies regardless of the justification some here put forth and I've never supported him in a primary and, I find it equally detestable when Evan Hafer does it.

ETA: As Lug said, you do you. That's how freedom works. I know what I'm going to do, however, and that's not continue to buy a product from a company that will turn around and give that money to Dems. Not when there's other free market options like Stocking Mill Coffee.
View Quote

This is not a black and white world and your delusional if you believe. If you only have anything to do with people that completely agree with you on every subject it’s going to be just you. Keep up the virtue signaling though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

The scary part is the low IQ's that will believe him that it is photoshopped without going to the website to confirm.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The skinny jean hipster look did not inspire confidence that these were die hard gun guys.  I just never got the gun guy vibe from BRCC.  Initially, during the dark days/weeks/months/years of the Obummer Presidency, BRCC ads on Facebook were a bit refreshing.  But, the one guy had that skinny-pants hipster look (which is appalling).  Looking back, to me, it seems they were just looking to exploit a market of people who were constantly being bashed by the left.
View Quote

Sometimes people don’t all dress the same. The fact they wear Sitka gave me pause.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well if he's not lying he probably needs to take that up with the FEC, as it shows an Evan Hafer employed by BRCC donating to ACTBLUE.

How many Evan Hafer's work for BRCC?
View Quote

Have you personally looked at the FEC website searching his name as a contributor?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#27]
200 years of freedom, but you pussy out when a gun user defends himself.

Because America, That's Why.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be tax fraud on whomever did it.
They've still done enough in the last 48 hours to make me question my continued financial support of their products.  They could redeem themselves at some point though, but who knows.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Evan really does think his customers are retards. Photoshopped? We know how the internet works.

Giving $500 to the Dems in Texas in 2019...fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's a felony, and the the tax deductible donations to Actblue would have alerted him that someone was making 501(c)(3) donations in his name.  Unless there's an even larger conspiracy and the FEC, Actblue, and the IRS are trying to take down BRCC, and they sent a time traveler back to make Evan look bad because they knew this exact scenario was going to play out
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Have you personally looked at the FEC website searching his name as a contributor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if he's not lying he probably needs to take that up with the FEC, as it shows an Evan Hafer employed by BRCC donating to ACTBLUE.

I have. Donation to Tulsi Gabbard shows as ActBlue earmarked to Tulsi.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently we do, but that still doesn’t mean I’m upset about it.

I try to make the most rational decisions that I can, so if I see some real evidence (not circumstantial) that he’s antigun and just using us as a cash cow I’ll be as outraged as the rest of you, but we aren’t there yet.

Whatever.

You must have been on OJs jury
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a link in the OP.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Is there any proof one way or the other? Either way that would pretty much settle this situation.
View Quote

It is on a government website - right now.

So either hackers hacked his account to tell us that is was photoshopped, and made people contacting BRCC get no answers.....

- OR -

The photoshoppers also hacked a government computer and changed the database to match their previous photoshopping......

- OR -

He is full of shit.

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#36]
He can shove the photoshop claim right up his (D) ass. I took plenty of unaltered screenshots if he'd like to have them.

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_name=hafer%2C+evan

ETA:

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

What happened to the rest of the supposed donations to Obama and McCain and the guy in Nevada?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
The FEC .gov link is 7 posts above yours if you want to look for yourself.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Has Donald ever donated to any pro-gun groups?
View Quote

Can you go one thread without crying about Trump or dragging him into everything? Pathetic
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click on the arrow to the right of the “$500” for the details.

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_name=Evan+hafer+&two_year_transaction_period=2020&min_date=01%2F01%2F2000&max_date=12%2F31%2F2020

Interesting.

Going to sit back and see how this plays out. If he is in fact lying he’s gonna have a hard time climbing out if that hole.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have, and even posted the direct link a few pages back with the actual search criteria used to look up the info.  I understand healthy skepticism, but you're being intentionally obtuse.

Edit:  Let me help.  https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_city=Austin&contributor_city=Bourne&contributor_city=Salt+Lake+City&contributor_city=San+Antonio&contributor_city=Sparks&contributor_employer=Black+Rifle+Coffee&min_date=01%2F01%2F2014&max_date=12%2F31%2F2020
View Quote

No I’m not. What happened to the rest of the donations linked to him in this thread?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boomers.....

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_name=hafer%2C+evan
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What happened to the rest of the supposed donations to Obama and McCain and the guy in Nevada?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They’re there too, I was just referring to him saying Actblue was false.

20 years of Hafer
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No I’m not. What happened to the rest of the donations linked to him in this thread?
View Quote

In the OP
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

is that real??

View Quote

Here you go:

FEC CONTRIBUTIONS BY BRCC EMPLOYEES SINCE 2016

FEC CONTRIBUTIONS BY EVAN HAFER SINCE 2000
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have, and even posted the direct link a few pages back with the actual search criteria used to look up the info.  I understand healthy skepticism, but you're being intentionally obtuse.

Edit:  Let me help.  https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/individual-contributions/?contributor_city=Austin&contributor_city=Bourne&contributor_city=Salt+Lake+City&contributor_city=San+Antonio&contributor_city=Sparks&contributor_employer=Black+Rifle+Coffee&min_date=01%2F01%2F2014&max_date=12%2F31%2F2020

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Bolshevik Rifle Company

Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see them now on a link posted.

He’s got some splainin to do.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Confiscated Rifle Coffee
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup I added the link. There were filters earlier.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top