[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dragons
View Quote

Godzilla?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:09:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Could it be North Korean hackers that hacked Sony?

Nahhh.

Dragons.

In before some guy pulls a IPad out of his ass and takes pictures of Pago Pago or Diego Garcia.

Never heard that before.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Fucking dragons.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

While we are talking numbers.

Australia. 226 years old and still a sovereign state.

Texas. Lasted for about 10 years and a non-functional failed state. Even Sierra Leone laughs at you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell, I think my local Southwest Airlines has bigger numbers than that!

Texas. Lasted for about 10 years and a non-functional failed state. Even Sierra Leone laughs at you.

denzel-training-day-boom.gif
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:13:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With a Monarch from the opposite side of the planet on your money. Right.

Texas and Australia have almost the exact same GDP and population when compared to the typical deviation throughout the world.

This parity exists despite the fact we've had to fight three big wars on our soil. What's y'all excuse? Kangaroos?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#6]
MUSTAFA!!!! (Shiver)
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:21:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You guys are right, aliens and dragons it is.

View Quote

Alien Dragons!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:24:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Texas and Australia have almost the exact same GDP and population when compared to the typical deviation throughout the world.

This parity exists despite the fact we've had to fight three big wars on our soil. What's y'all excuse? Kangaroos?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would appear that it's useful to have trading partners nearby. Australia only sort of has that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Alien Dragons!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys are right, aliens and dragons it is.

Alien Dragons!
Being transported to Mars for colonization.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:28:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
GPS   Radar Altimeter
Artificial Horizon
Flight Computers

Any of the above should have provided the FO a clue, In an Airbus the computers fly the plane, and if they have not expected the problem like Pitot ice then the plane will give the pilots a wrong answer. It will also prevent full travel of control surfaces, Boeing last I heard still allows the pilots to use the full limits of available controls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wasn't there a France Airbus flight that crashed over the ocean because of a co-pilot that didn't know how to fly in bad weather with Autopilot turned off?

A little more complex than that, but yeah.  He and the pilot were essentially fighting each other, without realizing it.  That's my understanding.

The aircraft would not let the pilots fly it, not tell them the problem. Airbus does not trust pilots.  

If you're talking about AF 447, the auto-pilot kicked off and the co-pilot was causing the stalll by pulling back on the stick practically the whole way down.
GPS   Radar Altimeter
Artificial Horizon
Flight Computers

Any of the above should have provided the FO a clue, In an Airbus the computers fly the plane, and if they have not expected the problem like Pitot ice then the plane will give the pilots a wrong answer. It will also prevent full travel of control surfaces, Boeing last I heard still allows the pilots to use the full limits of available controls.

Wow...

I remembered the pitot's getting iced over screwing up the Auto-Pilot.....but this was the first time I had heard about Airbus limiting the Pilot's manual controls. That just seems really shitty....sure hope Airbus did something effective enough to prevent another incident like that from happening again.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:35:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys have Obama.  I'll keep the old lady who keeps out of our way

Dude, you have no fucking idea how evil roos are.  They are like homing missiles that seek out your car while you are driving down the highway.  Swerve?  Hit.  Stop?  Hit.  Accelerate?  Hit.  They always fucking hit your car.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, you have no fucking idea how evil roos are.  They are like homing missiles that seek out your car while you are driving down the highway.  Swerve?  Hit.  Stop?  Hit.  Accelerate?  Hit.  They always fucking hit your car.
and those god damn drop bears.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:38:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and those god damn drop bears.

They only attack tourists, so it's OK.  We have managed to hide their existence pretty well, so it's all good.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like armadillos in the southern states, and skunks here in New England.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:46:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ho Lee Fuk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sum Ting Wong?

Ho Lee Fuk

Wee Too Low
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'll trade our heat seeking deer for your roos anyday, assuming they're somewhat tasty.

I doubt yours are nearly as speedy or unpredictable as ours, being bipeds and all. Here you drive down the road, see a flash of brown in the periphery and BAM! Guts everywhere and a disabled vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Armadillos and skunks don't weigh 300 pounds.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If it was up to our state, he would have lost both elections.

Oh no, I get it. Kangaroos are one of those things I only need video of to decide they're devil spawn.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:06:14 AM EDT
[#22]
oh dont leave out the speed goat, they roam in packs to take out a vehicle.                                                                                          Prayer for passengers and crew,  And for the family members wondering where there loved ones are.Very sad.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

Consummate V's!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Guess on the flight path, certainty on TAVIP based on info above, weather radar was purple over this area, still is, for that matter.

http://i.imgur.com/nWG3hMs.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

QZ 8501 A320

Aircraft is PK-AXC. Lost contact after waypoint TAVIP at FL320. (32,000 feet)

Guess on the flight path, certainty on TAVIP based on info above, weather radar was purple over this area, still is, for that matter.

I have no idea what's going on in either of these posts.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
QZ 8501 A320

Aircraft is PK-AXC. Lost contact after waypoint TAVIP at FL320. (32,000 feet)

Pac-Man's diarrhea.

I hope the weather isn't still bad in the area where contact was lost. That could jack up SAR efforts.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:22:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Now you why they tell you to "Please turn off all cell phones and other electronic devices"
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Now you why they tell you to "Please turn off all cell phones and other electronic devices"
View Quote

Yeah does not apply to any flights in Australia anymore.  All you need to do is turn off any transmitting devices at all times and turn off wifi for takeoff/landing.  IIRC you just need to shut down laptops on takeoff/landing too, otherwise all electronic devices can be used on takeoff/landing.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Sure seems like someone is collecting the whole set.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:29:21 AM EDT
[#30]
... spooky, kinda reminiscent of the thriller in Manila
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I was listening to some tunes on my garmin gps at altitude. Moving along at 564mph according to it. Stewerdess kindly told me to put it away, I thought it was landing and take-off that it was a no-no.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:39:02 AM EDT
[#32]
They are talking about the possibility that it crashed in the Java Sea.
17 children, 1 infant on board.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:39:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I was listening to some tunes on my garmin gps at altitude. Moving along at 564mph according to it. Stewerdess kindly told me to put it away, I thought it was landing and take-off that it was a no-no.
View Quote

I've had that happen before -- I think they're rather paranoid of people tracking the flight -- as you could potentially design something to "intercept" the flight and take the plane down...
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:46:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
[div style='margin-left: 40px;']

I've had that happen before -- I think they're rather paranoid of people tracking the flight -- as you could potentially design something to "intercept" the flight and take the plane down...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, because, ignoring the great difficulties in getting a GPS device to do that, someone who did pull it off wouldn't just turn it on while it's hidden in their bag/purse/pocket, out of sight...

The illusion of security continues... As long as we don't see the problem, everything is cool.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#35]
on the map I was watching us go over wyoming,  passed over a few saloons I might have stopped in. I was definatly going offroad. Surely understood once told, I never erased my top speed on it, it makes for some fun when someone sees how fast my truck is.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They are talking about the possibility that it crashed in the Java Sea.
17 children, 1 infant on board.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Come on man 10 years and you couldnt even cover the bills without Uncle Sam bailing you out and taking all your shit.

If you sit down and really think about it that's just fucked

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:03:38 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm using this for updates now

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah, because, ignoring the great difficulties in getting a GPS device to do that, someone who did pull it off wouldn't just turn it on while it's hidden in their bag/purse/pocket, out of sight...

The illusion of security continues... As long as we don't see the problem, everything is cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Come on man 10 years and you couldnt even cover the bills without Uncle Sam bailing you out and taking all your shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It had more to do with Mexico gearing up to invade Texas again. It was more efficient to join the US and then invade Mexico.

The Texans who started the Republic were practically all former US citizens anyway. Rejoining the US was a fairly appealing option.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
[b]If it was up to our state
, he would have lost both elections.

View Quote

But its not
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It had more to do with Mexico gearing up to invade Texas again. It was more efficient to join the US and then invade Mexico.

The Texans who started the Republic were practically all former US citizens anyway. Rejoining the US was a fairly appealing option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So in other words you sold out your liberty for security. Then you have the hide to knock us Aussies
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#44]
In on this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm using this for updates now

View Quote

Certainly don't want to use this thread.  Night crew is sippin on NyQuil today.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Are the dragons back?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So in other words you sold out your liberty for security. Then you have the hide to knock us Aussies
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1846 America was pretty damn good in the liberty department. And we're still doing better on the whole guns thing.

The real mistake was joining the Confederacy. Should have seceded, then sold beef and horse to both sides while claiming neutrality.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Are the dragons back?
View Quote

Dragons have not been ruled out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Wow...

I remembered the pitot's getting iced over screwing up the Auto-Pilot.....but this was the first time I had heard about Airbus limiting the Pilot's manual controls. That just seems really shitty....sure hope Airbus did something effective enough to prevent another incident like that from happening again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted

The aircraft would not let the pilots fly it, not tell them the problem. Airbus does not trust pilots.  

If you're talking about AF 447, the auto-pilot kicked off and the co-pilot was causing the stalll by pulling back on the stick practically the whole way down.
GPS   Radar Altimeter

Artificial Horizon

Flight Computers

Wow...

I doubt 447 had any restrictions to the controls that effected the outcome. They were dealt a shit sandwich with a side of WTF and the aircraft was not able or set up to communicate the problem to the guy in the hot seat. The Captain was on crew rest which effectively removed his ability from the skills the crew had available.

Airbus will continue to have losses because of unforseen events and delamination at hard points under severe stresses.  I will fly Boeing.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

1846 America was pretty damn good in the liberty department. And we're still doing better on the whole guns thing.

The real mistake was joining the Confederacy. Should have seceded, then sold beef and horse to both sides while claiming neutrality.
View Quote

Neutrality is a motherfucker to maintain, unless you live in a place that nobody wants.

Like... Australia.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top