Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It's stated that some people will go to great lengths to get out of doing a shit reboot, of a shit show, that has no need for it.

Well played, Mr. Perry. Well played.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn.

Call me whatever you want, but I watched 90210 and liked it.  We started our Thursday nights in high school and college by watching it as a group, before going out for our own shenanigans.

When I heard "massive" used as the descriptor, I figured this was the most likely outcome.  My wife suffered a stroke at 37 and was damned lucky to survive.

RIP Luke Perry.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Give Apple Watch a few years. They can already do on-demand ECG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately though, I don't think we've advanced far enough for a real life tricorder that can say if you're at imminent risk of a heart attack or stroke.
Give Apple Watch a few years. They can already do on-demand ECG.
I picked up a Kardia mobile EKG for $100.  Got it for my step-mom and FIL because they have a lot of heart issues in their families.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Do not think I ever saw anything he was in before, but anytime we lose a pro gun celeb it is a bad day as they are so rare to begin with.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn. He was young.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
My Brother recently passed from a stroke.  58.

Was in recovery and looking positive when the doctors & hospital put him blood thinners for a blood clot in his leg.  Next night he had a brain bleed that put him near vegetative state.

Died 6 days later...  
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gonna watch 8 seconds tonight now
View Quote
Why so short?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I picked up a Kardia mobile EKG for $100.  Got it for my step-mom and FIL because they have a lot of heart issues in their families.
View Quote
I've heard good things about those too. Definitely a better use of the technology than animated emojis and other crap like that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Rip Madea
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Really sad, I understand he was a genuinely good guy.

The original 90210 show was one year ahead of me in real life... they graduated 1993, I graduated 1994... so in a lot of ways, the show belonged to my generation and the topics were relevant.  A pretty wholesome show overall... it'd never get produced today, even the re-boot a few years ago was way more edgy.

RIP Luke Perry
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I kinda liked his role in Buffy: The Vampire Slayer movie.
View Quote
This.  Never saw an episode of 90210.

Wasn't he a big gun guy?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wasn't he a big gun guy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't he a big gun guy?
He was a gun guy and pro RKBA, to what extent I do not know.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Unfortunately though, I don't think we've advanced far enough for a real life tricorder that can say if you're at imminent risk of a heart attack or stroke.
View Quote
If you told me he had an aneurysm, I'd be like, well damn, that's sad. You show me a skinny guy with the financial means to take care of himself who looks like he's been drinking out of toilet who is dead at 52 from a stroke and I'm looking for a contributing factor.

I mean even Amy Winehouse has finally been drug and alcohol free for like 7+ years now.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Too damn young.

Txl
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#17]
That's too bad. He seemed to live a fairly normal life as far as Hollyweird goes.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Sucks.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't he a big gun guy?
As I understand it Priestly was the real pro gun guy ( all the Eddie Eagle material I had as an NRA instructor in the late 90s featured him )

He influenced Perry enough to get him to do some of the NRA Celebrity shoots and some limited promotional material.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As I understand it Priestly was the real pro gun guy ( all the Eddie Eagle material I had as an NRA instructor in the late 90s featured him )

He influenced Perry enough to get him to do some of the NRA Celebrity shoots and some limited promotional material.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't he a big gun guy?

I do seem to recall that after you mentioned.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#23]
He didn’t owe me any money!
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#24]
RIP Jeremiah
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Well crap, Riverdale is my favorite show.

I wonder what kind of drama they will create to write Archie's dad out of the show?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#26]
And yet RBG endures
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Cocaine is a hell of a drug
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#28]
RIP, Luke.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Actor Luke Perry passes away after suffering massive stroke
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Annnnnnd ... Luke Perry is who?
View Quote
The guy from The 5th element who kept track of the "Aziz, light!" comments.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I met him at Carney’s in LA some years back, he was walking out as I was walking in, I held the door for him and as he passed I said, “Aziz, light”, he smiled, shook my hand, and that was that. Seemed like a nice man, hope he’s doing better up there.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hate to admit this, but I never heard of the guy.
View Quote
Me too
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#33]
RIP.

He was a pretty cool guy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Rip Madea
View Quote
Fucking win!
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Did he bang Tori Spelling?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I met him at Carney’s in LA some years back, he was walking out as I was walking in, I held the door for him and as he passed I said, “Aziz, light”, he smiled, shook my hand, and that was that. Seemed like a nice man, hope he’s doing better up there.
View Quote
We had a few motion sensor lights around our home and would say that every time walking into sensors range.

Actually said for losing a celebrity for a change.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Going to guess that it was from detoxing off alcohol. People don't realize how dangerous it is to go cold turkey on your own.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#38]
That sucks
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#39]
What did he know about the Clintons?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#41]
A bit like losing someone you knew when you were a teen...
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Was never a fan, but I hate to hear of someone that young having a major CVA and dying.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Paul Walker, Powers Boothe, Bill Paxton, now Luke.....all the good ones have gone.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought y’all were yanking my chain. Sorry to see this was real.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't he a big gun guy?

I remember him in "Friends of the NRA ads." :'(
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Back when 90210 was on, they did a 'very special' episode about gun control. I think Brian Austin Greene's little choad friend accidentally kills himself screwing around with a gun trying to look cool. Anyway, all sorts of shows were interviewing the cast members, talking about how 'important' gun control was.

Luke Perry was on MTV with some VJ/reporter, not sure who it was, maybe Tabitha Soren but I'm not sure. Maybe that dick Kurt Loder. Anyway, the VJ was droning on and on about keeping guns out of kid's hands, how they were so DANGEROUS.

Perry says casually, "Guns aren't dangerous."

VJ shakes her head with uninformed liberal conviction (some things always stay the same). "No, they're DANGEROUS!!! They could JUST GO OFF AT ANYTIME."

Luke Perry reaches under his shirt, takes out a 9mm Sig, and places it on the coffee table in front of him.  "This gun," he says, "could sit here from now until the end of time, and it won't go off unless someone picks it up and pulls the trigger."

Fucking DJ damn near had a stroke. They went to a commercial and when they came back Perry was gone.

Back about fifteen years ago, I got to pull Sporting Clays at one of the celebrity Mandrell shooting events. I was squadding with Marty Kove and Charles Napier, but I got to throw some clay for Luke Perry and a few others in his squad. Nice guy. Feel bad for his family, he seemed like a pretty cool dude.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Wasn’t he in a bad race car accident several years ago?
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#48]
sad to hear.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Luke Perry is probably the only man who has held Howard Stern's bare buttcheeks.

Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Paul Walker, Powers Boothe, Bill Paxton, now Luke.....all the good ones have gone.
View Quote
I hung out with Paul Walker one night in Adams Morgan, DC. He was there for the car show, and me and 2 friends ran into him at Asylum. This was in about 2002.

We hung out all night, and he just left with a handshake and a "See ya". We had a great time.

I hung out with Ian Ziering at a hotel bar once somewhere in CA. Maybe and hour at most, but I asked him about Luke Perry, and he said they were still really good friends and he was the coolest guy he knew.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top