Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 70
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Then do it.  You can't protest your job.  Either you do it or you don't.

I'm a civil engineer designing a bridge.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

I'm a cop responsible for answering calls.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's just another way to protest.  Very few cops don't want to do their jobs.  The overwhelming majority of cops WANT to make the neighborhoods they work in safer, more peaceful, and better overall.  Part of this includes getting drunks out of their cars and off the streets, putting violent criminals behind bars, and sometimes putting a threatening offender in the ground.  If the cops are getting arrested for DOING THEIR JOBS, then how else are they supposed to protest?  Think about that time a few years ago, in Baltimore, when the top prosecutor of the entire area marched with the protestors calling for cops' deaths... how would that have made you feel?  And now, Atlanta PD officers feel like they're in a no-win situation.  If they enforce the laws that they're sworn to enforce, then they get arrested and lose their entire future.  What would YOU do to protest this?

I'm a civil engineer designing a bridge.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

I'm a cop responsible for answering calls.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

How old are you danny? Early to mid twenties?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It will take that long just to fill out the citizen contact bias reports from the protests. Just follow deparment policies to the letter and you will paralyze the department.
View Quote

It has a term, White sabotage or something like that.

Basically follow everything to a T. Nothing slides. It would cripple just about any organization that has bloated bureaucracy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@dannylgriffin, in Florida it is 30 years to reach full retirement and you don't get medical coverage wen you retire.

Try again.
View Quote

And as my retired friend told me he knows almost nobody that made it to 70
I know a few retired
That job wares people out at early age
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The root issue, as with most problems today, stem from public apathy, a lack of civic engagement & mass media brainwashing (most of these wouldn’t be possible without decay of the family, community & lack of accountability).

Combine that with dirty politicians & the money men who fund them, the media & the agitators & it becomes the perfect storm of societal breakdown & loss of faith in government. The dead wood & tinder has been building for decades & failure to clean it up has allowed a lit match to build into a forest fire instead of a controlled burn.

Those with wealth & power already have the answer(s) ready for when enough people get pissed off & demand the situation be brought under control.

It will sound great on paper for most people who aren’t aware of their schemes & aren’t well studied in history, but the fear it brings will be worse than during this temporary chaos & much worse than before for everyone except the politburo on up.
View Quote

I work in the healthcare side of fed.gov.   The folks I encounter embody most of what you say.

The degree of apathy and poor education is shocking.  The family structure, in a lot of instances, is dysfunctional.  

Social media and the above issues combine to create a mass of ill informed people who parrot the same shit over and over.   Never able to critically think for themselves.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
JUST IN: Every Atlanta police officer to receive a one-time, $500 bonus today as thanks for their hard work during protests and COVID-19:

View Quote

Trying to buy me off so blatantly would make me twice as shitty if I were them. That’s really pretty outrageous.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Okay, let's stop right there.  Who do the unions vote for and politic for?  As I've pointed out a number of times, NYC is endorsing liberal Democrats for office in the 2020 elections.  Want to go around the country?  

Also, as I said in a post very recently, do your job.  You can't protest your job.  Either you do it or you don't.

Do you think #1 is criminal but #2 is no big deal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Combine that with dirty politicians

Okay, let's stop right there.  Who do the unions vote for and politic for?  As I've pointed out a number of times, NYC is endorsing liberal Democrats for office in the 2020 elections.  Want to go around the country?  

Also, as I said in a post very recently, do your job.  You can't protest your job.  Either you do it or you don't.

If you want to go with wacky analogies....

You design the most perfect bridge in the world. Guy jumps off it and commits suicide. You go to jail for murder.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So if you hire in at 20, have a 20 year retirement (which people here tell me that cops have to take or it declines every year swiftly after that), that you'll have full government healthcare for another 25 years after you quit?  SRSLY?
View Quote

We do it for the military.

What's your point.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Basically follow everything to a T. Nothing slides. It would cripple just about any organization that has bloated bureaucracy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will take that long just to fill out the citizen contact bias reports from the protests. Just follow deparment policies to the letter and you will paralyze the department.

It’s called Work to Rule.

Or from the employer’s perspective, Malicious Compliance.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
JUST IN: Every Atlanta police officer to receive a one-time, $500 bonus today as thanks for their hard work during protests and COVID-19:

View Quote

Ha trying to buy them off for $500 each?

Fuck. That. Noise.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
60+ pages of regurgitated tweets with no real substance or information.  What happened to the ARFCOM that would break news before the news breakers?
View Quote

LOL @Alacran
The news was broken hours before media picked it up. There was a guy who went to every police zone to eyeball how many cops were there. The media is still just going off of a simple APD tweet and a statement from a Union Rep.

There's plenty of info for you to draw your own conclusion. Or read the ones posted by the members who followed it all night. God forbid you only have to click next page and scroll through the side convos.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fuck. That. Noise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck. That. Noise.

Oh boy.......maybe all this "walking out" really did happen!!!???

Oh well, FUCK Atlanta.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That would have sounded sweet to 10 year old me.

500 bucks is nothing.
View Quote
No kidding.   That will only buy you about 80 bottles of Mountain Dew at the prison commissary when you get imprisoned for defending yourself.    JPay ain't for the faint of heart.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or you could just not participate and in doing so not 'cause' the life of innocent people.

Or you could call in sick as a form of protest which also would not  'cause' the life of innocent people.

If I was a cop there, why would I want to serve under an administration that would charge me with murder for protecting myself? Why wouldn't I try to incite change to a reasonable work climate?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As a Civil Engineer, I doubt you'd be charged with Murder for doing your job right.
View Quote

Your honor, I object.  Conclusion drawn without foundation.  We'll see.  The DA laid out reasons for all eleven charges.  I do think he was FoS on some, though, but not all.  The cop's going to be spending some quality time in prison.  The reason it is so shocking to some is that cops have gotten away with worse.  If the cops did wrong, why are you objecting?  Are you saying that none of the charges are valid?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Oh well, FUCK Atlanta.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck. That. Noise.

Oh well, FUCK Atlanta.

Its not from city funds. Its from the Atlanta Police foundation, which has a bunch of atlanta based business donors. They've given APD grants before like $5mil in 2017. This 500$ stipend was most likely in the works already.

Again, this has nothing to do with city officials.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Or you could just not participate and in doing so not 'cause' the life of innocent people.

Or you could call in sick as a form of protest which also would not  'cause' the life of innocent people.

If I was a cop there, why would I want to serve under an administration that would charge me with murder for protecting myself? Why wouldn't I try to incite change to a reasonable work climate?
View Quote

Good points.........BTW........IIRC, Charles Manson wasn't charged with as many violations of the law as Officer Ross was.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LOL @Alacran
The news was broken hours before media picked it up. There was a guy who went to every police zone to eyeball how many cops were there. The media is still just going off of a simple APD tweet and a statement from a Union Rep.

There's plenty of info for you to draw your own conclusion. Or read the ones posted by the members who followed it all night. God forbid you only have to click next page and scroll through the side convos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
60+ pages of regurgitated tweets with no real substance or information.  What happened to the ARFCOM that would break news before the news breakers?

LOL @Alacran

[yawn]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Combine that with dirty politicians

A) no one gives a fuck you're an engineer. I know PE's with decades of experience that mention it less than you do;

B) you're going to end up replaced by an H1B, and that shit bridge is going to be built anyway;

C) strawman as fuck.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ok......
View Quote

Michigan is really a conservative state with a couple of leftist strongholds like Detroit.  That the cops in Michigan would endorse a left wing loon like Whitmer is not a surprise because cops love Democrats and are strongly pro-gun control via the Michigan State Police who might as well be STASI.  I could go on.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hold out until they raise the annual dental plan benefit limit to $2500!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Crowder is spot on in that video.

View Quote

100%
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Your honor, I object.  Conclusion drawn without foundation.  We'll see.  The DA laid out reasons for all eleven charges.  I do think he was FoS on some, though, but not all.  The cop's going to be spending some quality time in prison.  The reason it is so shocking to some is that cops have gotten away with worse.  If the cops did wrong, why are you objecting?  Are you saying that none of the charges are valid?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a Civil Engineer, I doubt you'd be charged with Murder for doing your job right.

Yes, all the charges are absolute bullshit. You don’t like cops we get it. Go start your own and quit muddying this one up with your childlike perspective of how things work.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I looked up New York City.  What could be bigger, right?  They are currently endorsing leftist Democrats.
View Quote
Who did you think NYC would endorse?

The biggest police union in the country, the FOP, hasnt endorsed a Democrat for president since 96.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Since one fucktard decided to derail the thread,  let's try again:

ANYONE WITH RECENT INTEL ON WHETHER OR NOT THEY SHOWED UP TO WORK TODAY?

Anyone?

There were several last night who allegedly had contacts or ties to APD.

Any substantial updates?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I just watched this video which covers the entire incident via body cam from first contact through the shooting.

It's 43 minutes long, but it's pretty damning towards Brooks. That guy was so fucked up he didn't even know what town he was in.

He argued that he wasn't passed out (twice) in the drive through even after being told there was video of it. He changed his story about 5 times from having had a margarita, to Daiquiris, to margaritas again, to he didn't know what it was he only had 1 1/2 of.

It's worth a watch...

Rayshard Brooks shooting police bodycam footage from Wendy's parking lot in Atlanta

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Every police and fire fighter here gets medical after 25.

Its just the amount of what you pay differs from agency to agency.
View Quote

Like I said, it's a negotiated benefit.
There are enough current employees who don't get health insurance that retirees continuing their health insurance is more of a recent thing. When it first came about the retiree had to pay 80% of the premium. That's more recently been negotiated down to a 50-50 split, but even that's a pretty stiff bill for the retiree to pay. My plan is to go with Tricare for retired military guys once Im completely retired from both careers. The Tricare premium is a fraction of what the county retiree premium will be
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@dannylgriffin, in Florida it is 30 years to reach full retirement and you don't get medical coverage wen you retire.

Try again.
View Quote

Listen, I asked about this a couple of weeks ago.  I asked why cops would retire after twenty years.  If they loved their job, like they say they do, why wouldn't they stay in it until they reach 65 years of age?  I'm an engineer.  I love my job.  I don't want to retire when I'm 45 years old.  That's stupid.  I was told by MANY cops that after twenty years your retirement starts declining!  So you need to retire ASAP.

So argue with arfcom GD, not me.  You may not have seen the thread.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not in Florida if you're under the FRS and that is State Employees and County Employees.
View Quote

Interesting.
See my post above
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
The DA also said Brooks was cooperative and cordial. In fact he lied on multiple claims he made.

Watch the body cam video I posted.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:24:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Listen, I asked about this a couple of weeks ago.  I asked why cops would retire after twenty years.  If they loved their job, like they say they do, why wouldn't they stay in it until they reach 65 years of age?  I'm an engineer.  I love my job.  I don't want to retire when I'm 45 years old.  That's stupid.  I was told by MANY cops that after twenty years your retirement starts declining!  So you need to retire ASAP.

View Quote

Because 65 year old bodies don't fare well with chasing and fighting with 25 year old meth monkeys fresh out of prison.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You're bringing up the Michigan Fraternal Order of Police. A different organization than the National Fraternal Order of Police @RDak. Just like there is the Florida PBA and the Miami-Dade County PBA. Two different organizations.
View Quote

So how many police unions across the USA endorse Democrats?  When I get a chance I'll start researching their endorsements from 2008 (Obama era) forward.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Since one fucktard decided to derail the thread,  let's try again:

ANYONE WITH RECENT INTEL ON WHETHER OR NOT THEY SHOWED UP TO WORK TODAY?

Anyone?

There were several last night who allegedly had contacts or ties to APD.

Any substantial updates?
View Quote

There is nothing new, all media outlets only have a small blip for last night so therefore.. the majority showed up to work today like any other day
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Congrats, yall slid the thread topic. Great job everyone.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Congrats, yall slid the thread topic. Great job everyone.
View Quote

Is the post above yours accurate in your opinion?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I work in the healthcare side of fed.gov.   The folks I encounter embody most of what you say.

The degree of apathy and poor education is shocking.  The family structure, in a lot of instances, is dysfunctional.  

Social media and the above issues combine to create a mass of ill informed people who parrot the same shit over and over.   Never able to critically think for themselves.
View Quote

Humanity is generally a teeming mass of ignorance. We are lucky to be as advanced as we are.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just watched this video which covers the entire incident via body cam from first contact through the shooting.

It's 43 minutes long, but it's pretty damning towards Brooks. That guy was so fucked up he didn't even know what town he was in.

He argued that he wasn't passed out (twice) in the drive through even after being told there was video of it. He changed his story about 5 times from having had a margarita, to Daiquiris, to margaritas again, to he didn't know what it was he only had 1 1/2 of.

It's worth a watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhdpG2XzRXQ
View Quote
I wish I was that strong with that much booze in me. Damn, I have hand holds on the stairs just to get to bed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The reality is that there isn't a single locality or state where 100% of the population voted a certain way. NYS is dominated by Democrats, but has a significant number of Republicans. The same split exists in every Democratic stronghold. Should the minority simply be thrown to the wolves? They didn't "vote for" any of this. ARF likes to talk about protecting minority views unless it's conservatives in Democrat- majority states
View Quote

80 % or so of my county voted for Trump. I wonder how many other place had that high of a %
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The International Association of Fire Fighters, the largest FF Union in the Country has endorsed Biden and has been heavily entrenched with Democrats for decades.
View Quote
Everybody knows and you gotta keep parading  that around in every thread that pops up

Maybe you could give that shit a rest for one day maybe???

ETA: and nothing is negotiated here.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's worth a watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhdpG2XzRXQ
View Quote

Only ONE person is responsible for that death...

... and it wasn't either of the Cops they charged...
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure the TPS report has a properly formatted coversheet. Each and every time.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not every officer retires after 20. I stayed in for almost 32 years, and am still here on a part time status.
Let's see you deal with the welfare rats for 45 years. I've known a couple of guys flying a desk job who had to be dragged into retirement. Law enforcement is a young persons game that's hard on the officers personal life and hard on the body.
There comes a time when most of us who don't define ourselves by the job want to step back and live the life we've had to put on hold for so many years
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought you were shitposting.  But no, you were telling the truth!
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LOL! My life and freedom are worth way more than $500.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL! My life and freedom are worth way more than $500.

My guess is, if that tweet is true, that will just piss them off even more.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The reality is that there isn't a single locality or state where 100% of the population voted a certain way. NYS is dominated by Democrats, but has a significant number of Republicans. The same split exists in every Democratic stronghold. Should the minority simply be thrown to the wolves? They didn't "vote for" any of this. ARF likes to talk about protecting minority views unless it's conservatives in Democrat- majority states
View Quote

You mention NYC.  Their union advocated for liberals.  Their union is still advocating for liberals.  So, WTF?  I don't like Hitler but my union supports Hitler so whatever?  I thought cops weren't gender studies graduates who wear pussy hats off duty.  Guess I was wrong.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So if you hire in at 20, have a 20 year retirement (which people here tell me that cops have to take or it declines every year swiftly after that), that you'll have full government healthcare for another 25 years after you quit?  SRSLY?
View Quote
You should seriously stop listening to people.  You are wrong on most of this stuff.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So how many police unions across the USA endorse Democrats?  When I get a chance I'll start researching their endorsements from 2008 (Obama era) forward.
View Quote

Our union has made exactly two candidate endorsements for the CLEO position in my 32 years. It's just not something we routinely do. The membership felt in both instances that the general public needed to be informed of where the Members stood on the candidates in those races.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

The term you are looking for is "malicious obedience"
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That's their response to moral? LOLOLOL
"Thanks for the money but nothing has changed"
View Quote

Agree.  They are still sucking the mayor's vestigal dick.
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top