Site Notices
Page / 70
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks to the army I will retire at 43.
View Quote

You mean, 'you could retire at 43' but you won't because you love the Army.  Right?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is the entire country NYC and does every cop in the country work for the NYPD and does every Union in the country only exist as the Union for the NYPD? No, it doesn't? OMG!

Because last I checked, I don't work for the NYPD, live in NYC, nor does my Union represent or have anything related to NYC.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Combine that with dirty politicians

Okay, let's stop right there.  Who do the unions vote for and politic for?  As I've pointed out a number of times, NYC is endorsing liberal Democrats for office in the 2020 elections.  Want to go around the country?  

Also, as I said in a post very recently, do your job.  You can't protest your job.  Either you do it or you don't.

I'm a civil engineer designing a bridge.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

I'm a cop responsible for answering calls.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

Do you think #1 is criminal but #2 is no big deal?
Is the entire country NYC and does every cop in the country work for the NYPD and does every Union in the country only exist as the Union for the NYPD? No, it doesn't? OMG!

Because last I checked, I don't work for the NYPD, live in NYC, nor does my Union represent or have anything related to NYC.

Like you  said earlier, every PD around here supports mostly Republican candidates.  AND...around here so do the firefighters...mostly.  But that crooked mafia run machine IAFF sucks Joe Biden off.

Around here police or fire, you retire with what you put in.  We do not pay social security.  Our city opted out, not fair I know but lucky me.  We pay TMRS.  7% of my check every payday goes to TMRS.  I keep paying into it, as it is withdrawn from my check, until I retire.  You retire with what you have banked with interest.

I also have a 457b which I have withdrawn from my check to supplement that.  That goes into mutual funds of my choosing, FROM THE FUNDS THE PLAN ADMINSTRATOR OFFERS.  So I paid dearly into that to supplement my retirement.  

I am logging in to figures standby.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Listen, I asked about this a couple of weeks ago.  I asked why cops would retire after twenty years.  If they loved their job, like they say they do, why wouldn't they stay in it until they reach 65 years of age?  I'm an engineer.  I love my job.  I don't want to retire when I'm 45 years old.  That's stupid.  I was told by MANY cops that after twenty years your retirement starts declining!  So you need to retire ASAP.

So argue with arfcom GD, not me.  You may not have seen the thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@dannylgriffin, in Florida it is 30 years to reach full retirement and you don't get medical coverage wen you retire.

Try again.

Listen, I asked about this a couple of weeks ago.  I asked why cops would retire after twenty years.  If they loved their job, like they say they do, why wouldn't they stay in it until they reach 65 years of age?  I'm an engineer.  I love my job.  I don't want to retire when I'm 45 years old.  That's stupid.  I was told by MANY cops that after twenty years your retirement starts declining!  So you need to retire ASAP.

Hey, bro, are you an engineer?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I stayed in for almost 32 years,
View Quote

And in another post you said you will be taking tricare, and I think you said you had a mil pension that your ex got some of.

So lets see, 20 years mil to get a pension then 32 years as a cop. Math is hard but that seems like your very old, unless you got a med discharge.

How old are ?

@tc556guy
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The International Association of Fire Fighters, the largest FF Union in the Country has endorsed Biden and has been heavily entrenched with Democrats for decades.
View Quote

Nice.  But why?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Then do it.  You can't protest your job.  Either you do it or you don't.

I'm a civil engineer designing a bridge.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.

I'm a cop responsible for answering calls.  I'm going to protest and ignore my responsibility because I'm angry at my boss.  Even though doing so could cause the life of innocent people.
View Quote

Or I am a cop and do my job correctly and the DA charges me with MURDER

Sorry your examples do not work.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

80 % or so of my county voted for Trump. I wonder how many other place had that high of a %
View Quote

84%
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@dannylgriffin, in Florida it is 30 years to reach full retirement and you don't get medical coverage wen you retire.

Try again.

Lol

Jesus. You don't see the difference between a low risk physical job such as yours to being a LEO, FF etc.?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Only ONE person is responsible for that death...

... and it wasn't either of the Cops they charged...
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
My current benefit today per month if I retired with 28 years 6 months of service would be $3515/month.  That benefit would extend to my wife after my death.

My 457b that I heavily invested in has to pick up the slack.

I am eligible to buy insurance from the city for me at 85% of the full cost.  As an employee they subsidize a good bit more while I work, when I retire 85% of the cost belongs to me.  That is about $1300/month currently for retirees.  That ends when you are old enough for medicare.

Why does the IAFF suck off the demoncrats, because it is an organized crime family.

I have nothing to do with them.  They do not receive my money and haven't for years.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How old are you danny? Early to mid twenties?
View Quote

63.  Project Manager for multi-million dollar projects every year for products you probably own.  My degree is in Computer Engineering.  You?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:If you want to go with wacky analogies....

You design the most perfect bridge in the world. Guy jumps off it and commits suicide. You go to jail for murder.
View Quote

Are you on drugs?  That has nothing to do with my analogy.  My analogy is people being hired to do their job who refuse to do it adequately because they are angry at their boss.  Either do it to the best of your ability or quit.  If you find that you can no longer do your job, then gracefully resign.  Burn no bridges.  Hire in somewhere else where you can be effective.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

63.  Project Manager for multi-million dollar projects every year for products you probably own.  My degree is in Computer Engineering.  You?
View Quote

That explains why you know so much about everything.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Also, as I said in a post very recently, do your job.  You can't protest your job.  Either you do it or you don't.

I'm a civil engineer designing a bridge.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Civil engineers don't have to deal with violent felons on PCP, aren't hated by the media, or are expected to die while doing their job due to political grandstanding of the DA and Mayor.

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ha trying to buy them off for $500 each?

Fuck. That. Noise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
JUST IN: Every Atlanta police officer to receive a one-time, $500 bonus today as thanks for their hard work during protests and COVID-19:

Ha trying to buy them off for $500 each?

Fuck. That. Noise.

Sounds like bribery.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Listen, I asked about this a couple of weeks ago.  I asked why cops would retire after twenty years.
View Quote

Loving your job doesn't mean not getting burned out on the whole thing and taking what you had, and walking away and doing something different.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We do it for the military.

What's your point.
View Quote

Not any more.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Boy, has this thread spun out of control.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try again.

He has no concept of the reality
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You mention NYC.  Their union advocated for liberals.  Their union is still advocating for liberals.  So, WTF?  I don't like Hitler but my union supports Hitler so whatever?  I thought cops weren't gender studies graduates who wear pussy hats off duty.  Guess I was wrong.
View Quote

I said NYS. There is more to NYS than NYC.
Upstate NY is overwhelmingly Republican, but the NYC population completely cancels out the upstate voters
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It is thrown out because a lot of people think that LE Unions are cock sucking the Democrats when the largest Police Union in the nation isn't. But God forbid a Firefighter Union is mentioned and the truth is that they're a Democratic stooge. Double Standards and all that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The International Association of Fire Fighters, the largest FF Union in the Country has endorsed Biden and has been heavily entrenched with Democrats for decades.
Everybody knows and you gotta keep parading  that around in every thread that pops up

Maybe you could give that shit a rest for one day maybe???

ETA: and nothing is negotiated here.
It is thrown out because a lot of people think that LE Unions are cock sucking the Democrats when the largest Police Union in the nation isn't. But God forbid a Firefighter Union is mentioned and the truth is that they're a Democratic stooge. Double Standards and all that.

I know man. I needed more emojis
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then you should be much smarter at this stage of your life than you are.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

When is the last time you had to go hands on with a customer, knowing that if it didn't go right, you could be charged with murder?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Boy, has this thread spun out of control.
View Quote

It spun out of control early this morning.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:04:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If I was a cop there, why would I want to serve under an administration that would charge me with murder for protecting myself?
View Quote

Agree.  So then resign and move somewhere else.  You don't refuse to do your job and risk the lives of innocent people just because you are butthurt.  Either do your job or quit, just like everyone else in America.  Or probably the world for that matter.

Just read on CBS:  "Prosecutors across the country are defying cozy relationships with police, swiftly charging officers. Progressive prosecutors ushered into office on promises of overhauling the criminal justice system are throwing their weight behind proposals to scrap laws that conceal police records from the public and barring prosecutors from accepting campaign cash and police union endorsements."

You've paid the Left, via the police unions, to have your sins covered up for decades.  Perhaps not any longer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Agree.  So then resign and move somewhere else.  You don't refuse to do your job and risk the lives of innocent people just because you are butthurt.  Either do your job or quit, just like everyone else in America.  Or probably the world for that matter.

Just read on CBS:  "Prosecutors across the country are defying cozy relationships with police, swiftly charging officers. Progressive prosecutors ushered into office on promises of overhauling the criminal justice system are throwing their weight behind proposals to scrap laws that conceal police records from the public and barring prosecutors from accepting campaign cash and police union endorsements."

You've paid the Left, via the police unions, to have your sins covered up for decades.  Perhaps not any longer.
View Quote

The courts have ruled more than once that the police are not obligated to put themselves between the general public and danger, so even if they "refuse to do their job", they aren't really refusing to do their job.  They are doing it exactly as standing law has prescribed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My grandfather didn't stop doing engineering work until his eyes got too bad in his late '80's to read the plans, even blowing them up on a monitor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try again.

Lol

Jesus. You don't see the difference between a low risk physical job such as yours to being a LEO, FF etc.?

My grandfather didn't stop doing engineering work until his eyes got too bad in his late '80's to read the plans, even blowing them up on a monitor.

Well, I'll be sure to send a 80 year old cop to a DV call.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck them and fuck the entitled children with this opinion that think you get to demand someone be put in jeopardy of life in prison for your MMQB read of a deadly force incident in the most biased light possible.  They don’t have to come to work to help you.  You got the answers.  Get it fucking done yourself.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Btw, I work in IT, PM's are frequently the least useful and knowledgeable people I deal with, even worse than H1B's in many cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does Computer Engineering even count towards a PE?

Btw, I work in IT, PM's are frequently the least useful and knowledgeable people I deal with, even worse than H1B's in many cases.

And Danny continues providing evidence in support of your opinion.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does Computer Engineering even count towards a PE?

You're working with the wrong PM's. Cracker.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A) no one gives a fuck you're an engineer. I know PE's with decades of experience that mention it less than you do;

B) you're going to end up replaced by an H1B, and that shit bridge is going to be built anyway;

C) strawman as fuck.
View Quote

I'm just giving an analogy with something I'm familiar with.  I'm not a civil engineer, I'm a computer engineer.  I'm a project manager for stuff here in the USA.  And no, I won't be replaced with an H1B ever, even if I wasn't retired, which I just did last year.  My point still holds: if you refuse to do your job, then resign.  Quit.  Go elsewhere if you have any dignity.  You can try to reframe it all you want, but it all boils down to you are refusing to do the job you were hired to do.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well, I'll be sure to send a 80 year old cop to a DV call.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:15:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That explains why you know so much about everything.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Are you on drugs?  That has nothing to do with my analogy.  My analogy is people being hired to do their job who refuse to do it adequately because they are angry at their boss.  Either do it to the best of your ability or quit.  If you find that you can no longer do your job, then gracefully resign.  Burn no bridges.  Hire in somewhere else where you can be effective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:If you want to go with wacky analogies....

You design the most perfect bridge in the world. Guy jumps off it and commits suicide. You go to jail for murder.

You won't understand this, but I'll just throw it out there: What if you love your job? You love the people you serve? You truly want to be a force for good in their lives, and have done so for years or even decades?  And then along comes some cocksucker of a prosecuting attorney, and an even greater cocksucker of a mayor, who unilaterally decide that you should be treated like a criminal for just doing that job you love?  What if you don't WANT to relocate away from the places and people that you love?  What if you would rather try to get rid of those two cocksuckers who have made it downright dangerous for you to do your job to the best of your ability?  What do you do?  Apparently, if I'm to take your advice, I quit, move, and take up a new career as a printer repairman or some-damn-thing.  

Most people would rather fight for what they hold dear.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yes, all the charges are absolute bullshit. You don’t like cops we get it. Go start your own and quit muddying this one up with your childlike perspective of how things work.
View Quote

We'll see if Rolfe spends any time in prison.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And in another post you said you will be taking tricare, and I think you said you had a mil pension that your ex got some of.

So lets see, 20 years mil to get a pension then 32 years as a cop. Math is hard but that seems like your very old, unless you got a med discharge.

How old are ?

@tc556guy
View Quote

I'm 57.
My Guard time was concurrent to my other jobs. My deployment time allows me to draw earlier than I would have otherwise.

The ex gets roughly a third of the state pension.
She'll get half of the military pension once I start drawing that

I got to keep the various IRAs, deferred compensation, TSP accounts in exchange for my part of the house value at the time of divorce.

The part time gig replaces what I lose to the ex, or was meant to. Covid-19 threw a wrench into that plan, and I retired a year sooner than I had planned because the part time job was an option that wouldn't be available a year later.

I just sat in on the virtual briefing for retiring from the retired reserve as a grey area soldier and start drawing the military pension. I'd forgotten how much I disliked military death by PowerPoint...
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

So now we see your issue you use CBS as a source.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Damn, I thought I was up late last night. There’s only so many years you can fuck off on sleep before it starts eating your soul.

I’ve passed that threshold.
View Quote

I blew my load for absolutely nothing....I'm fucking grounded right now for staying up so late, and sleeping in!

Damn you OP, I'm only on the net now cause my parents are at work.  I also blame the late night degenerate crew
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Any chance of actual news instead of you guys pantywaving your man-thongs?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

How old are ?

@tc556guy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stayed in for almost 32 years,

How old are ?

@tc556guy
Don't ingage with this.... individual... this is the same guy who will willingly enforce unconstitutional laws. And openly admits to being willing to enforce the safe act.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The DA also said Brooks was cooperative and cordial. In fact he lied on multiple claims he made.
View Quote

Oh, the DA completely left out the part where Brooks fought with the cops.  I know that.  We all know that the DA is a sack of sh*t.  You still have to counteract his claims.  I don't think they can all be discounted.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm just giving an analogy with something I'm familiar with.  I'm not a civil engineer, I'm a computer engineer.  I'm a project manager for stuff here in the USA.  And no, I won't be replaced with an H1B ever, even if I wasn't retired, which I just did last year.  My point still holds: if you refuse to do your job, then resign.  Quit.  Go elsewhere if you have any dignity.  You can try to reframe it all you want, but it all boils down to you are refusing to do the job you were hired to do.
View Quote
Ever hear the term, 'hostile work environment'?

In this instance the idea behind calling out en masse is to force change in 'management'. 'As long as management persists in ignoring protocols and insists on malicious prosecutions based only in political ambition...you can do the job yourself.'

In any reality I can imagine...the citizenry will eventually demand the same changes the police officers seek.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh, the DA completely left out the part where Brooks fought with the cops.  I know that.  We all know that the DA is a sack of sh*t.  You still have to counteract his claims.  I don't think they can all be discounted.
View Quote

If I was a member of the Jury and the only source of info was what is available now the cop would be found not guilty on all charges at least by me,
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top