That protest could use some OC gas.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HUGE Pro Palestine Protests in Tahrir Square, Baghdad

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1c5ZmRXsAIrS_r?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

Great. Since you love them so much, we'll send them right over. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Multiple pages back, a few asked about long range, heavy-bombers.  The top image is flipped (it's a window sticker), but 69 Squadron the "Hammers" is your answer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/408302/PXL_20210515_221028404-1943604.jpg
View Quote
They don't have any heavy bombers. Just Eagles, Vipers, and Panthers. (F-15/16/35)
Hence why the famous 'raid on the sun' was quite a feat getting those Vipers and Eagles all the way to Iraq with enough gas and ordinance to get the job done.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Any reasonably current totals on how many missiles launch at Israel so far?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don’t think you fully appreciate the dedication Hamas has nor how little disregard they have for fellow Palestinians. After they won the Gaza Civil War they simply executed many of the Palestinian Authority Police that surrendered lest they have to again deal with them later.

OK,let me put it to you this way: you are a poor Palestinian guy who much like 60% of the fellows your age hasn’t had a job in 10 years. You don’t want the Israelis to blow up your house because Hamas is going to set up a rocket rail in your garden. How do you dissuade them? What gun that you don’t have are you going to use to threaten the 5 guys with AKs that  aren’t particularly scared of Israeli drones as they set up their rocket?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

Why the locals allow them to operate there is beyond me

I don’t think you fully appreciate the dedication Hamas has nor how little disregard they have for fellow Palestinians. After they won the Gaza Civil War they simply executed many of the Palestinian Authority Police that surrendered lest they have to again deal with them later.

OK,let me put it to you this way: you are a poor Palestinian guy who much like 60% of the fellows your age hasn’t had a job in 10 years. You don’t want the Israelis to blow up your house because Hamas is going to set up a rocket rail in your garden. How do you dissuade them? What gun that you don’t have are you going to use to threaten the 5 guys with AKs that  aren’t particularly scared of Israeli drones as they set up their rocket?

Team up with Israel, get weapons, and clean up Gaza. They make no effort to save themselves, so who cares
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you ever notice when they arch all of their signs are in English. It always makes me laugh they think I care!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That protest could use some OC gas.
View Quote

You spelled MKIII nuclear device wrong.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Sunshine in a Can is the only solution, lets get it on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was up to 2300 earlier today.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They don't have any heavy bombers. Just Eagles, Vipers, and Panthers. (F-15/16/35)
Hence why the famous 'raid on the sun' was quite a feat getting those Vipers and Eagles all the way to Iraq with enough gas and ordinance to get the job done.
View Quote

It was formed as a heavy squadron.  Of course while the 'Thunder' can carry more payload than those original B-17s it doesn't class the same. They honor the lineage and share some really cool history.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Why not turn a commercial airliner into a bomb truck, You could get away with it at least once. If the enemy has very little air defense it is a solution.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why not turn a commercial airliner into a bomb truck, You could get away with it at least once. If the enemy has very little air defense it is a solution.
View Quote
Yeah I was thinking about that. USAF has considered it before:
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-palletized-munitions-experiment/
They could do that with their C-130s.

You can drop ordinance out of just about anything when the enemy doesn't have MANPADS.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

I wonder how many additional were destroyed by the IDF on the ground, and how many were complete duds? I guess there is no way to know.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Is Hamas doing a real life Dark Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is Hamas doing a real life Dark Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?
View Quote

Appears to be the case.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Huge number of jets being reported just west of Khan Yunis.

I'm guessing they'll hit Rimal and tunnel systems again
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#20]
How about a Daisy Cutter on Gaza for the win?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don’t spread fake propaganda. That’s not pro-palestinian, it is anti Israel. They don’t like the palestinians any more than any other middle east country does. Iran just uses them as a tool.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Use it for an attack on Iran.  Fly regular commercial routes switching the transponder accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#23]
@mendi_rizel reported huge explosions in the northern Gaza Strip - after the firing on the Air Force Center began to intensify attacks now on targets of the Hamas terrorist organization and the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip.

---------------------

Jets over every sector of Gaza right now
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@mendi_rizel reported huge explosions in the northern Gaza Strip - after the firing on the Air Force Center began to intensify attacks now on targets of the Hamas terrorist organization and the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization in the Gaza Strip.

---------------------

Jets over every sector of Gaza right now
View Quote

\o/
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#25]
So much for easing tensions this weekend. I doubt Hamas is going to stop until a ground assault or massive non stop air strikes occur
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:12:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Urgent | Reporter for Palestine Al-Hadath Agency
Intense and violent attacks by warplanes in Al-Maghazi and Al-Bureij camp in the central Gaza Strip.
It's happening
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Why was the title edited to add “War”?

Was there a formal declaration? Does Palestine even have a government to target, or is it just IDF continuing to go after the terrorists there. Genuinely curious since no MSM seem to care about this other then sound bites of Isreali aggression.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You can drop ordinance out of just about anything when the enemy doesn't have MANPADS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could also do something like the 747 CMCA using the Delilah system
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why was the title edited to add “War”?

Was there a formal declaration? Does Palestine even have a government to target, or is it just IDF continuing to go after the terrorists there. Genuinely curious since no MSM seem to care about this other then sound bites of Isreali aggression.
View Quote

Named "Hamas".
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#30]
@58Teague

Thanks for all the work done keeping this up to date.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#31]
On a side note, Austria has just voiced its support for Israel, much to the dismay of Iran.

https://www.rt.com/news/523912-iran-cancels-visit-austria/

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has cancelled his trip to Austria after officials in Vienna raised Israeli flags in solidarity with Tel Aviv during its fight with Hamas in Gaza.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#33]
why iron dome and not phalanx?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Longer range and wider coverage
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Iron Dome doesn't get all of them.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Are they fighting over some newly developed rift, or is this just a continuation of their ages old territorial / biblical dispute?

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are they fighting over some newly developed rift, or is this just a continuation of their ages old territorial / biblical dispute?

View Quote

Terrorist pieces of shit are indiscriminately shooting rockets at civilians. Israel is trying to stop said terrorist scumbags.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#38]
So technical question.. We all know Iron dome and it seems to be working as expected. But didnt we use C-ram in Iraq against mortar's and such to good success?

Why a missle system vs a projectile one?

I mean it obviously works just curious why one conflict sees one and not the other?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm trying to figure out how all this ends.

Hamas doesn't seem to be backing down and seem to have a metric shit-ton of material support.
With the ass whooping Gaza is getting they have not asked for a breather to reload (cease-fire) and are quite emboldened.
They are eating Israeli air and arty strikes and don't seem to care and are carrying on.
What is their end game , they don't seem to be running out of bodies , did they stock up ?

Why is nobody supporting Israel ?
Sure doesn't look like anybody is.

Is Iran looking to step in to the fray , other than the material support they are giving Hamas ?

What happens if Israel completely flattens the Gaza strip ?
Who do they face after that ?

This just seems to be getting out of hand.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So technical question.. We all know Iron dome and it seems to be working as expected. But didnt we use C-ram in Iraq against mortar's and such to good success?
I mean it obviously works just curious why one conflict sees one and not the other?
View Quote

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Israels-Iron-Dome-and-the-Phalanx-CIWS?share=1

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

More discreet :

Israel demonstrates new laser weapon at Gaza border

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The honest answer?  Its the beginning of Ramadan.  The Israelis declared a size limit at some mosque in Jerusalem to no more than 10K attendees at a time.  A. its a pandemic and B. they just had an incident a couple weeks back with large crowds trampling people. It could be good faith it could be they are dicks. Who knows but 10K people in a mosque is no small group of people.

I want to say its Al-Aqsa

Muslims said F you and packed the place. Israeli security forces had to use riot control munitions inside the mosque to settle the issue.

Hamas used that as an excuse to start shooting at civilians.

My personal take is they got their stock piles up and needed some martyrs so they were just looking for any reason.

And here we are.

@macro

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/al-aqsa-violence-why-israel-and-palestine-are-going-at-one-another-again-1801365-2021-05-11
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thank you!

I wonder how many additional were destroyed by the IDF on the ground, and how many were complete duds? I guess there is no way to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

There is actually, every rocket is tracked. I'll grab stats when I'm home in a bit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
@58Teague

Thanks for all the work done keeping this up to date.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hamas doesn't seem to be backing down and seem to have a metric shit-ton of material support.
With the ass whooping Gaza is getting they have not asked for a breather to reload (cease-fire) and are quite emboldened.
They are eating Israeli air and arty strikes and don't seem to care and are carrying on.
What is their end game , they don't seem to be running out of bodies , did they stock up ?

Is Iran looking to step in to the fray , other than the material support they are giving Hamas ?

View Quote

Once Hamas is out of arms they will call a cease fire till next time. This never ends until one side is dead. The Jews wont push the Palestinians into the sea because of international backlash and the Palestinians are never ever gonna give up until they are all dead or the Jews are dead.

your Great Great Great Great grandkids are going to experience similar news events.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

They should steam roll the strip, but what to do with the 2mil+ refugees as a result. No one around them wants to take them in, world opinion would place blame on Isreal for “causing” that crisis.

There isn’t a good path forward for this, they will wipe out the terrorist organization, but a new one will spring up and killed leaders will be replaced. It’s a cancer who’s treatment won’t fix it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

C-ram protects a single area or ship from incoming, close in targets. Iron Dome protects an entire region from (2.5 miles to 43 miles away) Can engage 20 multiples targets at the same time.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Elections have consequences.
That flight of billions to Iran from the Biden admin?  The palis kept it out of the news for a reason.  They knew that trump would stand beside Israel.
Now that mr potato brain is in charge, they are able to up the tempo.
Israel is smart and realizes that they don’t care who is in the White House, they have work to do.

Best outcome is for izzys to go house to house, create a bigger buffer zone.  Even better, push Gaza into the sea.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think with the recent increased cooperation between Israel and other Arab countries, plus a dud of a US president who's main goal is appeasement, Israel feels they can lash out aggressively without heavy diplomatic uproar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Israel has had enough of turning the other cheek.

They know that they are in peril.

I think with the recent increased cooperation between Israel and other Arab countries, plus a dud of a US president who's main goal is appeasement, Israel feels they can lash out aggressively without heavy diplomatic uproar.

This, plus I think everyone is getting tired of the MSM and ignoring their BS about proportional responses and demonizing Israelis for defending themselves.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shit's too close for comfort once it gets in the range of Phalanx. Also, system is designed to protect small targets like ships, not cities.
Page / 87
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top