Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why would you compare Washington, the father of this nation, with the army of traitors that the Union so generously allowed to exist through successive amnesty programs?

I would be PISSED if somebody fucked with a Washington -- he served honorably. People like R.E. Lee know they did wrong.
View Quote
That's your opinion of Lee. And I don't think you are correct.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
antifa response to POTUS speech to day
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Whoever put this there should be executed in the most cruel and unusual way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meanwhile in Seattle,, no one is tearing this down

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/lenin.jpg
Whoever put this there should be executed in the most cruel and unusual way.
Nah, that statute goes through cosmetic changes. For example, Santa Lenin

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMGCKA_Lenin_Statue_Seattle_WA
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's would be AWESOME !!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please...... someone in/near Seattle torch the head off of that fucking statue of Lennin now

Let's see the hypocrisy
That's would be AWESOME !!
I may or may not have friends who would contribute money and resources to such endeavor...

They should just double down and put statues of Hitler, Stalin and Mao next to this fuck... why not.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why would you compare Washington, the father of this nation, with the army of traitors that the Union so generously allowed to exist through successive amnesty programs?

I would be PISSED if somebody fucked with a Washington -- he served honorably. People like R.E. Lee know they did wrong.
View Quote
Now you're just talking out of your ass. Go buy a book and read it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems for at least the past 5 years, every summer the leftys lose their freaking minds and start protests/ riots/ lawlessness.

WINTER CANT COME FAST ENOUGH !!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool it. If I hurt your feelings then hurry up and decide if you're an American or not. I never insulted any of you and I have no intention of triggering you.

But why should I be ok with some of you force-feeding me your tolerance for the pro-slavery secessionist that divided the United States of America?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6) Attacking or insulting a member(s) in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have the right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner. This rule also includes posting disparaging remarks about a member's family.

Mods?
Cool it. If I hurt your feelings then hurry up and decide if you're an American or not. I never insulted any of you and I have no intention of triggering you.

But why should I be ok with some of you force-feeding me your tolerance for the pro-slavery secessionist that divided the United States of America?
I am guess you were not burdened with an over abundance of schooling  were you?  crawl back into your hole.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It seems for at least the past 5 years, every summer the leftys lose their freaking minds and start protests/ riots/ lawlessness.

View Quote
This has a different feel to it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
History is written by the victors.

If a very few battles went the other way, Washington would have hung as a traitor and you would bend the knee to a queen.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is different.  They're trying to bring down the Trump admin.  And they're not doing bad.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Washington was a traitor against his govt too, the Crown, and a slave owner. You know what you and your fellow leftist traveller's end result is.

If not for Lee encouraging his former troops to go home, tend their fields, and be good Americans the late 1800's would have seen lots of guerilla warfare in the south. Things would undoubtably been much worse in present time had he not.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He does so regularly, and should be on everyone's ignore list.
View Quote
Duly noted.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's your opinion of Lee. And I don't think you are correct.
View Quote
Lee giving up his US citizenship to lead a band of traitors is fact. Then he lost at it. Now he gets like 500 participation trophies in the form of statues, street signs and public schools.

Want to know something that's also true? Once you're a traitor, you're always a traitor. And by that measure Robert E. Lee = Chelsea Manning...
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Facebook statement from Durham PD  

"Statement from the Durham Police Department Regarding Protest at County Courthouse
Durham Police Department (DPD) officers monitored the protests that occurred in the city tonight to ensure the protests were conducted in a safe manner and that no infractions occurred within city jurisdiction.
The DPD is aware that a Confederate monument was toppled at the old Durham County courthouse. Because this incident occurred on county property where county law enforcement officials were staffed, no arrests were made by DPD officers.
The Durham County Sheriff’s Office is the agency that has jurisdiction over all county buildings and landmarks. When monitoring such incidents the Sheriff’s Office is the decision-making agency regarding law enforcement response on matters concerning county property."
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"Statement from the Durham Police Department Regarding Protest at County Courthouse
Durham Police Department (DPD) officers monitored the protests that occurred in the city tonight to ensure the protests were conducted in a safe manner and that no infractions occurred within city jurisdiction.
The DPD is aware that a Confederate monument was toppled at the old Durham County courthouse. Because this incident occurred on county property where county law enforcement officials were staffed, no arrests were made by DPD officers.
The Durham County Sheriff’s Office is the agency that has jurisdiction over all county buildings and landmarks. When monitoring such incidents the Sheriff’s Office is the decision-making agency regarding law enforcement response on matters concerning county property."
View Quote
Translated:  Not our problem, sucka
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It is different.  They're trying to bring down the Trump admin.  And they're not doing bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

This is the German Revolution all over again, you know the one that toppled the Kaiser and the reaction against led us down the road to the Third Riech...

It hasn't got anywhere near that point yet, but they are heading there.

Shades of Haiti, France, and Spain too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:39:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow what a weak ass bullshit excuse. So if someone was getting murdered in sight of a DPD officer but that murder was happening on county property the cop would just let it happen?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lee giving up his US citizenship to lead a band of traitors is fact. Then he lost at it. Now he gets like 500 participation trophies in the form of statues, street signs and public schools.
Want to know something that's also true? Once you're a traitor, you're always a traitor. And by that measure Robert E. Lee = Chelsea Manning...
View Quote
McClellan, Burnside, Pope, and Hooker I imagine would disagree.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Well today the Tulsa school superintendent held a press conference to consider changing the names of all the schools with "offensive" names (Lee Elementary, etc). For shits sake.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
that's the benefit of local policing that doesn't depend on dictation by big government
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting.
The courthouse is in the middle of downtown. I drove by earlier and Durham PD and the Sheriffs Dept were all over the place.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If there was ever a good use for thermite. This is it.
View Quote
$100 buys about 20lbs of thermite.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
So is the courthouse in the city? Don't they have jurisdiction there? Fucking pussy police spokesman blaming it on the sheriff.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Is this one of those "The South will rise again" posts?
View Quote
No, if it was I would say "the south will rise again". Don't try to read into it any more than what it was, they pull these stunts where they can get away with it. One county over (Alamance) does not have a sheriff that would allow this to go down while just standing by

Edited, don't want to start infighting. Just wanting to clarify.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The courthouse is in the middle of downtown. I drove by earlier and Durham PD and the Sheriffs Dept were all over the place.
View Quote
So we're just waiting on the SD to issue a statement saying it was a PD matter.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Meanwhile in Seattle,, no one is tearing this down

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/lenin.jpg
View Quote
Is that for real? Holy fuck
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I know that pointing this out makes me a Commie-loving Antifa America hater or something, but consider what these statues might actually be about.

A lot of these Confederate memorials went up during two eras - Jim Crow (1890's to 1930's), and the Civil Rights Era (1950's and 60's). They weren't put up because a bunch of crippled Confederate veterans scraped together their last dimes to remember their beloved commanders. The statues were put up by state legislatures in large numbers during two very specific racially charged periods.

You can theorize about the motives, I suppose. Many people think they were put up to serve as physical reminders so that everyone would know their place, and stay in it. Other people think they are memorials to battlefield valor and heritage. The timing, though, seems a little suspicious - not enough to damn by itself, but context is important.

You can look at the dates yourself, see what you think.

List of monuments and memorials of the Confederate States of America

What do I think? I'd say quietly retire them before or after the protests have died down. Let them go to private collections, or perhaps some well-heeled alt-Right nottanazi can open the "Otto Skorzeny Memorial Museum for Warriors of Dubious Causes". Don't let them turn into victory points for Nazis or Commies. And yes, 99% of the controversy is being ginned up by the left, the Dems, and the media for political advantage. I get that. I don't know what to do about that.
View Quote
I don't really give a ratfuck about the monuments.

The problem is what is coming next. The enboldening and momentum of the next step.

If you think that some group of miscreant leftist droolers that just took down a statue are going to stop you are unwise.

The next round is going to be brutal, and I am not talking about what the lefties do.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:49:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I am waiting on. A buddy said that the S.O. won't do anything about it either.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hope this shit kicks off soon so we can water the tree of liberty with the blood of leftist tyrants and be done with it.
View Quote
Nothing is kicking off.

Half the people on "our" side would crucify you just the same as "their" side would.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:49:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So is the courthouse in the city? Don't they have jurisdiction there? Fucking pussy police spokesman blaming it on the sheriff.
View Quote
You ever been to Durham?  It is section 8 housing and Duke. Remember mike nifong?  Durham politics align with letting this happen.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:50:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You ever been to Durham?  It is section 8 housing and Duke. Remember mike nifong?  Durham politics align with letting this happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nothing is kicking off.

Half the people on "our" side would crucify you just the same as "their" side would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope this shit kicks off soon so we can water the tree of liberty with the blood of leftist tyrants and be done with it.
Nothing is kicking off.

Yep.

We will slowly be boiled, just like the Frog.

Anyone tries to jump out, the other Frogs will grab them and pull 'em back in.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Durham is now gentrified with muh-feelz northeasterners, one could make the argument that its worse now . And they live in neighborhoods beside said Section-8 housing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I suspect we'll start seeing overwatch on some of these monuments and Israeli style crowd control techniques by individuals or small groups.
View Quote
And those people will be ridiculed by most here as well as everyone else with calls for "should bury them under the jail!" should they actually do anything to prevent people from removing the monuments.

Our side has lost.  Accept that and move on.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thanks fake media you emboldened them
View Quote
I blame the media for hyping up the KKK/neo Nazis. They were all but a running joke until recently, when the media equated everything Trump did to Nazis. Next thing you know, these guys feel emboldened to gather in the thousands. Keep mentioning them and the crazies will feel noteworthy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#39]
He's next.

Down by the weekend.

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That shit sure as hell wouldn't fly here in Taylorsville.
View Quote
They call it Trailersville for a reason
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Durham is now gentrified with muh-feelz northeasterners, one could make the argument that its worse now . And they live in neighborhoods beside said Section-8 housing.
View Quote
Gotcha. I grew up outside Raleigh and my folks went to Duke. I just remember how Durham was 15 years ago, and figured the politics were still the same.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Nothing is kicking off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing is kicking off.

This.

"Our" side still hasn't gotten it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
So if someone ran a car into them as they were vandalizing a statue nothing would happen?

How about if someone blew up the building surrounding it?  Maybe if they are all there watching someone should have torn down the police station.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Oh yeah they will destroy the markers and graves. This is the same kind of behavior that the Nazis pulled by destroying their history and Stalin did. Next they will start killing conservatives and Republican voters. Anyone with nra decals anyone or thing that goes against their beliefs.

There will be a breaking point reach if L.E. does not stop this. The American people that these people are attacking. Will turn on these bastards and give them some of their own medicine.

These people need to be totally and utterly destroyed. They are not Americans. This is not free speech. This sickens me beyond belief. This must stop this is out of control and the authorities had better get a grip on it before there's blood shed.
View Quote
the police dont seem to be very concerned from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
In other words, they have now learned they can get away with this shit with impunity.
Once that ball is rolling, it's not gonna be stopped.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So if someone ran a car into them as they were vandalizing a statue nothing would happen?

How about if someone blew up the building surrounding it?  Maybe if they are all there watching someone should have torn down the police station.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said above.

Anarcho-Tyranny is what we are seeing.

The LAW would absolutely be fully enforced upon any "right-winger", the left does as it wishes with impunity.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's what I am waiting on. A buddy said that the S.O. won't do anything about it either.
View Quote
It was never in doubt nothing was going to happen to anyone.  No one even bothered putting on a mask.  The mayor probably gave the OK to tear it down.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Gotcha. I grew up outside Raleigh and my folks went to Duke. I just remember how Durham was 15 years ago, and figured the politics were still the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derm is still Derm.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Start tearing down leftist statutes.  Statue for a statue.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top