BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It wasn't bad.  As much as they laid down the background of the story---this should've been a 12-13 episode mini-series instead of a 2 hours movie.
I kinda liked it.
View Quote
You get that this is a potential pilot, right?
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Their making a part 2
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Watching it now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Shadowrun. It’s based on Shadowrun
View Quote
God, a Shadowrun movie would have been awesome.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 10:39:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Man that sucked.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#6]
It was good, enjoyed the new "universe"  concept.

So someone was triggered over elves being richer than others..????

Hahahahaha
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Look, they made a Shadowrun movie and didn't pay a dime for the rights.
View Quote
Thats what I thought too
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 12:36:03 AM EDT
[#8]
The critics savaged it.

It was ok. Good 2 hours wasted without any extra money spent.

It was well made, albeit formulaic. A somewhat original mishmash of genres and despite me hating Will Smith, he was bearable. Lots of potential to explore the world and stories to create.

Good on Netflix for taking the chance.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You get that this is a potential pilot, right?
View Quote
Nope..never saw that.  Just saw it on the list this morning and watched it.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just finished it. Im conflicted.

I liked it. Descent story line for a flick, you can fairly easily pick up on the backstory without having to have a long drawn out monologue. Effects were good, and I personally enjoy the new banter style of movies that are being made.

But there are definate "orc is the new black, and all cops are dirtbags accept for the minority ones" (the only two "good cops" in the entire fucking movie are the black one and the Mexican one...and the orc). And then there is the only pale skinned fantasy race having the best part of town and "running the world".... and making a point of driving from the slums to the "white" part of town for dramatic affect.

like i said... conflicted.
View Quote
The elves vs orcs wealth/power/treatment split is straight out of any scifi novel that includes elves and orcs living together.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wasnt this already done? Remember Alien Nation?
View Quote
"Didn't they teach you about us in cop school?"
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#12]
“Hey I got the big gun!”

It’s been good so far, ya all need to stop with sjw on the brain.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 1:02:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Overall I liked it and hope there is more to this story. This isn't a aliens/future movie it's orcs, elves, fairies, horse people, fantasy creatures movie set into a time with technology that we humans have now interwoven with magic.

The one thing and only thing that I didn't like is all the swearing. there was way more then was needed. I swear more then everybody I know and it was distracting to me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 1:04:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Got 40 m in when kids woke up
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 1:23:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I enjoyed it
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Decent flick.  I was expecting it to totally suck based on some of the posters here, but then I realized half of Arfcom finds anything other then Mary Poppins or Black Hawk Down to be trash.

Maybe there is a movie all of GD could agree on.....

Link Posted: 12/23/2017 1:53:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess I am in the minority I really enjoyed it. Once the action started it pretty much kept going till the end of the movie. I liked a lot of the shooting too. Felt it was much more realistic than John Wick's 93 3' head shots.

Quoted:
Good for a Netflix film. I would never have paid to see it in theaters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good for a Netflix film. I would never have paid to see it in theaters.
I agree

Quoted:
It wasn't bad.  As much as they laid down the background of the story---this should've been a 12-13 episode mini-series instead of a 2 hours movie.
I kinda liked it.
Yup. There is a ton of story there.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Gary Graham AKA Matthew Sykes/Ambassador Soval is an active IPSC and 3 gun shooter though
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:10:45 AM EDT
[#19]
"Everything's fine... Just crypwalk your asses back over there..."

Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:19:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Decent flick.  I was expecting it to totally suck based on some of the posters here, but then I realized half of Arfcom finds anything other then Mary Poppins or Black Hawk Down to be trash.

Maybe there is a movie all of GD could agree on.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwc1Kbv9dVY
View Quote
You don’t think all that “Votes for Women” singing in Mary Poppins, and giving money to a beggar lady, woildn’y get some people here wound up and accusing Disney of having gone “SJW?” It does lack minority characters, though, so it has that going for it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:24:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll give it a shot...
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:31:38 AM EDT
[#22]
As usual no one agrees if the movie was good or not. Guess I will check it out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#23]
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bright/

TOMATOMETER

31%

AUDIENCE SCORE

90%

Average Rating:

4.4/5

User Ratings:

People liked it, who gives crap what critics think...
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 3:16:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 3:26:28 AM EDT
[#25]
It was Alien Nation with magic wands.  And that is awesome.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 3:31:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The elves vs orcs wealth/power/treatment split is straight out of any scifi novel that includes elves and orcs living together.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked it. Descent story line for a flick, you can fairly easily pick up on the backstory without having to have a long drawn out monologue. Effects were good, and I personally enjoy the new banter style of movies that are being made.

But there are definate "orc is the new black, and all cops are dirtbags accept for the minority ones" (the only two "good cops" in the entire fucking movie are the black one and the Mexican one...and the orc). And then there is the only pale skinned fantasy race having the best part of town and "running the world".... and making a point of driving from the slums to the "white" part of town for dramatic affect.

Kharn
And? Wanna take a swing at guessing who Wright's sci-fi?

I doubt any sci fi novel made before 8years ago had a scene with "orcs lives matter" on a mural.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 3:32:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 3:36:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I liked it
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Wife and I watched it tonight. We thought it was great.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Damn, that was a really good movie. I liked the concept and thought it was pretty well executed, acting was good, action was good, suspense was good, just the right amount of humor. And it's nice to see something original that isn't a fucking sequel or remake for a change. My only complaint is I wish they spent a little more time in the beginning explaining this world, but at the same time I kind of like how they just drop you into it and give out little bits of info here and there.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I liked it. Nice to see something fresh. Hope they make a sequel.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Wasnt this already done? Remember Alien Nation?
View Quote
Yes but no where near as good.  So-so Sci-fi/fantasy
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 5:19:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I liked it. Nice to see something fresh. Hope they make a sequel.
View Quote
The sequel has already been ordered by Netflix.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Look, they made a Shadowrun movie and didn't pay a dime for the rights.
View Quote
Exactly my thought on the matter.
As a die hard sr player I hope it is decent because it will probably be the closest we will ever get to a runner movie.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#35]
I happened to watch it last night. While it's not a masterpiece, I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to next one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Fuck the critics it was a decent movie.  Also, one critic was saying Netflix should stop trying to make blockbuster style movies.  That's insane..

Anyone else notice how most if not all of the actors kept their finger off the trigger until it was time to shoot?
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It was good, enjoyed the new "universe"  concept.

So someone was triggered over elves being richer than others..????

Hahahahaha
View Quote
I just started it. First thing I noticed? The production company is called: "Trigger Warning Productions"
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone said, "fuck Will Smith " yet?

AB
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 8:36:28 AM EDT
[#39]

Orc partner?

So...   he's tired of having the CGI outshine him in the movies, so now he's going to see what it's like for the CGI to outshine him on the small screen?

In before his wife goes on the rampage for him not getting awards for it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#40]
I watched it last night, really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I happened to watch it last night. While it's not a masterpiece, I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to next one.
View Quote
There is a sequel planned?
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Will Smith sucks dicks.
View Quote
Well, actually....

Link Posted: 12/23/2017 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#43]
I watched it last night, and enjoyed it bigly.  I should probably add that I also enjoy the food at PF Chang's and had to finance my last car purchase, so I'm pretty damned dumb by GD standards...
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 9:21:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Watched it for about ten minutes. "%^&*, @#$%, and $%^&" for really no good reason accompanied by we're all alike inside, and can't we all just get along undertones. Fail.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Thought is was pretty good. Hope the sequel doesn't suck.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Liberal L.A., California - Check

Racia....uh..inter-species tension/intolerance - Check

Gangbanger stereotypes - Check

Story around two "species" need to work out their problems and eventually come to understand each other/work together - Check
Yeahhhhh, I'm gonna pass on the SJW fest.
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#47]
It wasn't bad. I was entertained but as one poster mentioned it is forgettable.

Also:

Quoted:

Shadowrun. It’s based on Shadowrun
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#48]
I wouldn't watch anything with that POS...
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I know we have to look over a majority of Hollywood's liberal views, but nobody should be watching anything with will smith in it. I think every white person should establish this as a consesnsus. After all, he was all smiles and jokes until he didn't win an oscar. Then it was all anti white rhetoric.

"Will Smith Donates $150,000 to Nation of Islam "

“As painful as it is to hear Donald Trump talk and as embarrassing as it is as an American to hear him talk, I think it’s good,” Smith said, according to the Associated Press. “We get to know who people are and now we get to cleanse it out of our country.”
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I doubt any sci fi novel made before 8years ago had a scene with "orcs lives matter" on a mural.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

So? One of the points of Sci Fi is to make us reconsider today through a different lens. I'm not going to let one set design decision ruin a chance at a decent series.

Kharn
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top