Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I loved 2 (actually loved all 3).  Jumping from the 80's, to 2015, to the 50's again.. I really liked it... dare say it might have been my favorite.  3 was probably my least favorite, but I have still watched it many times and highly recommend it...

What did you not like about 2?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTTF was pretty goof.  BTTF2 was shit.  We haven't watched BTTF3 yet.  Let me guess:  Tanner eats shit - again.  

I loved 2 (actually loved all 3).  Jumping from the 80's, to 2015, to the 50's again.. I really liked it... dare say it might have been my favorite.  3 was probably my least favorite, but I have still watched it many times and highly recommend it...

It seemed too contrived and over acted.  For example, the whole Marty trying to get the sports almanac for a good part of the movie.  Contrived.

My wife and I just looked at each other and agreed it wasn't neerly as good as the #1.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember watching the first one a while back and noticed the smoking scene had been deleted.

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny, there is a semi entertaining documentary on flix or hulu about back to the future.

Everyone was opining how it is the perfect movie.

No mention of SJW stuff that I can recall.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Why don’t you make like a tree and get out of here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I remember watching the first one a while back and noticed the smoking scene had been deleted.
https://media.giphy.com/media/N3l3VWwbTk9Z7COM24/giphy.gif
View Quote

Smoking cigarettes is one of the things that they put a “TRIGGERED” warning on old movies for.

Not sure if they do the same for weed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BTTF was pretty goof.  BTTF2 was shit.  We haven't watched BTTF3 yet.  Let me guess:  Tanner eats shit - again.  
View Quote

Of course.

That's the best recurring joke in the series. Kudos to the writer who thought it up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@KaerMorhenResident

That's not at all how they did the Falcon and Winter Soldier. They did an AMAZING job at the show. IDK what in the fuck you're on about. It's far from a woke show. The left even complained that it was right wing propaganda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel as though there should be warning labels for all the “woke garbage” they produce these days.

Wasted time watching “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” only to get a few episodes in and see they were painting the USA as racist and making GWOT Medal of Honor winner look like psychopathic killer. I stopped watching, but would have appreciated having saved time by there being a “woke garbage” warning label.

Or if you’re going to do a cute romance thing only to make the female love interest a lesbian how about a warning label for that one?

@KaerMorhenResident

That's not at all how they did the Falcon and Winter Soldier. They did an AMAZING job at the show. IDK what in the fuck you're on about. It's far from a woke show. The left even complained that it was right wing propaganda.

We've had multiple threads on it, the mob here is convinced its "woke." People don't want storytelling, they want pandering.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Anything with Crispin Glover should come with a warning label
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

A warning label for being too awesome.

Crispin Glover on Letterman - 1st Appearance - Full clip, good quality
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was watching part 3 last night and any time they said the word "Indians" in the drive in scene, they muted the word.
View Quote

i was watching the office last night the "coming out" episode. they now have cut out the word "fag" and "retard" from the episode. you can't say someone is acting like a retard, but you can say retarded people, referring to actual retards. it's funny/sad, because you can still see the face saying the words, but there's now just a silence.
are the retarded faggot snowflakes really that offended?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

i was watching the office last night the "coming out" episode. they now have cut out the word "fag" and "retard" from the episode. you can't say someone is acting like a retard, but you can say retarded people, referring to actual retards. it's funny/sad, because you can still see the face saying the words, but there's now just a silence.
are the retarded faggot snowflakes really that offended?
View Quote

Keep paying them, and they'll keep doing it. Why would they have any incentive to not censor content, when the anti-censorship crowd is still happily lapping up censored content?
Ya'll are ultimately letting them do this.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Warning: This is an incredibly awesome movie from a period of time that was more awesome than where we are now. Fuck your feelings and stop being a little bitch. Enjoy!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Watching Spongebob and they showed a 'violence' warning label.  I actually got a bit mad because I just knew a goddamned woman was directly responsible for it lol.  Fucking arfcom.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#15]

She has always been so fucking hot!
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Part 2 is my favorite out of the series.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://media.giphy.com/media/N3l3VWwbTk9Z7COM24/giphy.gif
View Quote

Was that on broadcast or streaming or off of physical media like DVD or Blu-Ray?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Was watching part 3 last night and any time they said the word "Indians" in the drive in scene, they muted the word.
View Quote

Same with the library / research scene “killed xxx not counting Mexicans or Chinamen” and the bar scene “got that shirt off a dead Chinee”.

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Spot on how I feel about the trilogy. I really dig that they predicted the Cubs winning the world series only 1 year off and Alt 1985 was pretty damn funny with Strickland and his shotgun on the porch "Eat lead slackerssssss!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spot on how I feel about the trilogy. I really dig that they predicted the Cubs winning the world series only 1 year off and Alt 1985 was pretty damn funny with Strickland and his shotgun on the porch "Eat lead slackerssssss!"

The alternate 1985 was what got me interested in alternate history stories.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
A warning label for being too awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaxKq5KFQM

Awesome like Jim Parsons!  Both actors play up the weirdness of their character's persona perfectly.  Both are smart enough to know they're not really smart.  Unlike a lot of people here who live in a bubble of their own preconceptions (myself included.)

Jim Parsons Started a Talk Show Because He''s Too Stupid for Politics

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#21]
A lot of TV shows from before 2000 as well as many movies now come with a warning. Even an episode of "Highway to Heaven" from the mid-1980's came with a warning I think every episode of All In The Family has a warning now.

Good luck with Blazing Saddles. Not even sure if a TV network would try to show it now. I have the DVD so I am covered
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#22]

lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#23]
SO you have a GIF of every scene of the movie but you can't provide a picture of what the actual warning said.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Great movie.  Fuck 'em.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Well most of my generation are commie phaggots, so they can't get hard looking at a hot as fuck Lea Thompson.
That said, woke shit sucks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was watching one of the Back to the Future movies last night. At the begining of the movie, the network put a warning.  Something to the extent of being out of date and views expressed may be offensive.  
WTF.  Stop the fucking train, I want off.
View Quote

In the scene outside the dance when Biff’s guys throw Marty in the trunk and the band guys confront them, they call them “spooks” so that’s probably what they’re referring to. Even though the scene takes place in the 50s.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Was that on broadcast or streaming or off of physical media like DVD or Blu-Ray?
View Quote
broadcast.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Well hell, what would they do to a movie like Blazing Saddles?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dock that chink a day's pay for sleeping on the job?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ban it
Destroy every copy they can get their hands on
Criminalize the possession of copies
Kill everyone associated with the production of the film
Cleanse all record or discussion of it on the internet
Deny it ever existed
Mock anyone who claims that it did exist
Erase all knowledge of the film

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#32]
I still remember some wise Arfcommers saying a few years back to get any movie you like on a physical medium.  Pretty sage advice.  Id bet within the next few years the sjw cucks will be editing away almost every old movie for "wrongspeak".
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#33]
My wife and I just watched BTTF3 and really liked.  Almost as good as #1 and far better than #2.

Biff was by far my favorite character.  You could tell that he a, really, really enjoyed playing the bad guy/buffoon.  His counting down from 10 was hilarious!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My wife and I just watched BTTF3 and really liked.  Almost as #1 and far better than #2.

Biff was by far my favorite character.  You could tell that he a, really, really enjoyed playing the bad guy/buffoon.  His counting down from 10 was hilarious!
View Quote

I like the female lead too she's cool and traditional and obviously doesn't believe doc can time travel
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I need to get a list of movies I need hard copies of before they "sanitize" every digital movie in existence.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#36]
It's because the Libyans were played by Americans, isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm offended by misspelled words in thread titles.
View Quote

WTF
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Hell it originated in California so it should have had some prop (insert stupid number) warning label anyway. Or "Warning-Most of the movies and shows we make are retarded, and all of the future entertainment will be utter bull shit, but this particular movie is actually pretty good."
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, lol, if BTTF needs a warning label the director’s cut of 1941 is prolly not even available anymore.  Let alone acceptable to air.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

WTF
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm offended by misspelled words in thread titles.

WTF

It's been edited
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:23:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The libs would love BTTF2 the cars run off trash. I mean it doesn't get more renewable than that.

Literally throw absolutely anything in there and you create fusion.

I mean shit I like that. Where are the trash powered fusion reactors?
View Quote

It was not absolutely anything, I recall the doc being picky about the trash he put in Mr Fusion!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Maybe because Chuck Berry became a hit because of a white guy.
View Quote
According to the DVD commentary this was the one thing they got a complaint about during the original release.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It was not absolutely anything, I recall the doc being picky about the trash he put in Mr Fusion!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The libs would love BTTF2 the cars run off trash. I mean it doesn't get more renewable than that.

Literally throw absolutely anything in there and you create fusion.

I mean shit I like that. Where are the trash powered fusion reactors?

Yup as I recall he put in a banana peel, emptied a beer can into the Mr Fusion, then tossed the can.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Disney movies have these warnings too.  Pretty soon the only bad guys allowed will be straight white men.  Oh wait.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#47]
The question I have, how did we go from where we were in the late 70’s through the 80’s to where we are today? In under 40 years, that has to be a record of some sort?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The question I have, how did we go from where we were in the late 70’s through the 80’s to where we are today? In under 40 years, that has to be a record of some sort?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

His mom wanted to fuck him.  Later his dad prevented his mom from being raped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the warning for? That's a pretty wholesome non offensive movie.

His mom wanted to fuck him.  Later his dad prevented his mom from being raped.

His dad was a peeping tom.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top