Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#1]
My FFL closes at 5  Monday through Wednesday. Won’t be able to get till Thursday.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LISTEN UP:

I'm unlocking this thread because it has a lot of interesting information compiled in it.

NO MORE DISCUSSIONS ABOUT SALES BETWEEN MEMBERS.

If you want to buy or sell, do it through the EE according to the rules. PM people if you like...but for the love of Christ keep the buying and selling between members out of the thread or it will just get locked again.
View Quote

Shotgun bros being shotgun bros.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I received a delivery notification email from FEDEX that they delivered my fixed stock 870 to my FFL at around 9:30 this morning.  It had been scheduled for a Monday delivery, and my FFL is closed Mondays, so I didn't expect it quite so quickly.  Anyway, picked it up around noon.

Condition is consistent with the pics on the SOS website, if anything it's a little nicer but not as nice as some posted earlier in this thread.  Plenty of small dents and finish wear on the wood.  The edges of the barrel, magazine extension, etc are a little beat up.  The receiver has a few light scratches, but nothing too serious.  The magazine extension nut has some bright tool marks, and the screws on the barrel clamp look a bit boogered, but again nothing too serious.  The front sling loop is tweaked a little bit.  No unusual markings, just the ONG logo, "18" on the key tag, and a sharpie rack number "28" on the top of the stock forward of the butt pad.  No extras in the box, just the shotgun, and case.  I'm happy.

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn those are nice!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I received a delivery notification email from FEDEX that they delivered my fixed stock 870 to my FFL at around 9:30 this morning.  It had been scheduled for a Monday delivery, and my FFL is closed Mondays, so I didn't expect it quite so quickly.  Anyway, picked it up around noon.

Condition is consistent with the pics on the SOS website, if anything it's a little nicer but not as nice as some posted earlier in this thread.  Plenty of small dents and finish wear on the wood.  The edges of the barrel, magazine extension, etc are a little beat up.  The receiver has a few light scratches, but nothing too serious.  The magazine extension nut has some bright tool marks, and the screws on the barrel clamp look a bit boogered, but again nothing too serious.  The front sling loop is tweaked a little bit.  No unusual markings, just the ONG logo, "18" on the key tag, and a sharpie rack number "28" on the top of the stock forward of the butt pad.  No extras in the box, just the shotgun, and case.  I'm happy.

https://i.imgur.com/B5BWw69.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YZjnsLv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JnEzPeW.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s0grpCQ.jpg
View Quote
Thank you for sharing
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
My FFL won't be available until Friday but they are on the FedEx truck today.  I should have paid for Saturday delivery but I am helping Dad with harvest all weekend anyway.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pitchers & words
View Quote
Thanks for the pics, y'all keep 'em coming!

Folder coming Tuesday, fixed not yet shipped.  I'm getting anxious!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday but it will probably be Thursday or Friday before I can pick them up.

It will be a long week of looking at everyone post pics as they receive them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mine are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday but it will probably be Thursday or Friday before I can pick them up.

It will be a long week of looking at everyone post pics as they receive them.
View Quote
If it makes you feel any better one of mine is still "order being processed" and one is "preparing for shipment" so mid-week at best for me too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll post my fixed on Monday and the folder Tuesday.

Strangely enough, I'm more excited about the fixed.  Just seems more like an issued SG to me.

The variance in condition seems huge.  They could have graded these and made a lot more money.  Still a great deal and fun to see what you get though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
If mine comes in like this gonna do the bacon dance
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#12]

S394517V & S379170V
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#13]
That first picture is awesome.  These shotguns just look great.  I need some dang bayonets for mine lol.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That first picture is awesome.  These shotguns just look great.  I need some dang bayonets for mine lol.
View Quote
Point of note, mine actually came with slings.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ones in the picture or the black silent slings?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet! So glad this thread is unlocked now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#17]
To the people posting pics of these awesome shotguns...

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The ones in the picture or the black silent slings?
View Quote
One was a paracord sling (black sling wrapped in paracord,) the other a standard m16/m4 sling.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
To the people posting pics of these awesome shotguns...

https://i.imgur.com/uXlPHBK.gif

View Quote
This.

Thanks JW for unlocking it. Y better7/8ths says I am in mourning over missing out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have almost the same M870. Mine also has a "28" on the stock and it's tag is "19".
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Added to data thread thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I cant wait for mine to show up. I snagged a fixed stock.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Theoretically, I have two fixed stock on the way.

All I wanted was a decent 12 ga. police turn-in at a good price.  I can tell already I'll keep neither, because somebody out there is either a former ONG soldier, or someone who sincerely cares about militaria.  I'm not ignorant about such, but many of you have distinct levels of knowledge.  If they show up, you guys can have them for cheap.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

All I wanted was a decent 12 ga. police turn-in at a good price.  I can tell already I'll keep neither, because somebody out there is either a former ONG soldier, or someone who sincerely cares about militaria.  I'm not ignorant about such, but many of you have distinct levels of knowledge.  If they show up, you guys can have them for cheap.
View Quote

The two in my pics are going to two ONG soldiers for christmas, and I am getting a folder for myself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Please read the first sentence of the OP and the thread title. Trying to keep the thread from getting locked again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Crossing my fingers mine ships Monday is so doubt it will be here by Friday which would mean Monday delivery instead but my ffl isn’t open on Monday’s so Tuesday it may be almost two weeks later guess I can’t bitch really just glad I got in on the deal
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Edit quoted wrong poster
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#28]
My apologies:  I hate neckbearding and profiteering.  I would indeed give these to an ONG Guardsman or a historian.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My apologies:  I hate neckbearding and profiteering.  I would indeed give these to an ONG Guardsman or a historian.
View Quote
Get one to gunwriter
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#30]
As indicated by my post count, I stay on the tech boards.  I don't read 35-page threads.  I have already received requests from what appear to be serious historians and collectors, and if I receive these shotguns, they will go right back to Ohio for not a penny more than I paid.

Thanks to OP once again.  I am ignorant of the collector value and history, but it is obviously quite high.  Again, if they arrive, one of the two will be donated to a museum.  Good enough, Mr. Moderator?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 10:15:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Get one to gunwriter
View Quote
I'll bookmark this.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As indicated by my post count, I stay on the tech boards.  I don't read 35-page threads.  I have already received requests from what appear to be serious historians and collectors, and if I receive these shotguns, they will go right back to Ohio for not a penny more than I paid.

Thanks to OP once again.  I am ignorant of the collector value and history, but it is obviously quite high.  Again, if they arrive, one of the two will be donated to a museum.  Good enough, Mr. Moderator?
View Quote
You're a good dude in my book!

Too bad you didn't get a folder...
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#33]
To anyone who ordered was wondering if you got a noreply email receipt before it shipped
I got a noreply email receipt then order status changed to preparing for shipment but that was mid day Friday and no charge on my card
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
To anyone who ordered was wondering if you got a noreply email receipt before it shipped
I got a noreply email receipt then order status changed to preparing for shipment but that was mid day Friday and no charge on my card
View Quote
I did not get any further emails other than when I ordered.

I had to manually check for updates
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You're a good dude in my book!

Too bad you didn't get a folder...
View Quote
Sorry on the folder:  I was busy making America great again, and virtually never look at the "low side" while at work.  You snooze, you lose
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I did not get any further emails other than when I ordered.

I had to manually check for updates
View Quote
That’s what I did order changed from processing to preparing for shipment then I get an email  that says no reply email receipt for the order guess I will call Monday

ETA
This all happened when I had to call and update my FFL after the lady said ok found the ffl email all is good then the noreply email was sent right after I hung up
the noreply email was from soss
But the receipt was from VO online LLC
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I did not get an email other then the receipt after ordering from them. But I did get an email from Fedex saying it was shipped.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don’t let people talk you out of a couple awesome shotguns.  This is like winning the mega millions jackpot.  All kinds of people will come to you with sob stories.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Don’t let people talk you out of a couple awesome shotguns.  This is like winning the mega millions jackpot.  All kinds of people will come to you with sob stories.
View Quote
Yep you should keep one.

I suggested gunwritr because he does articles on guns like this and could help preserve the history and I believe he may of missed the deal but might want to check with him. Someone may already be getting one to him.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#40]
FYI looks like a 2500 gun range so far. So there is definitely some more somewhere.

Will know more by end of the week if any wild serial numbers come in but these so far are looking like factory ordered guns by the NG.

Don’t have enough info on the folders yet but they are not converted from the first patch. Again look like a factory order.

Hopefully we hear back from NG historian and Remington.

Please keep getting serial numbers, barrel codes, what stock, and anything abnormal to me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#41]
I will have access to four or five with 2-3 folders. I will be sure to get images and serial numbers for all.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#42]
FYI the sale pages are back up on their website, albeit both say out of stock.  Not sure what that means since they took the pages down some time on Thur or Fri.  Might be worth keeping an eye out.

Fixed Stock

Folding Stock
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yep you should keep one.

I suggested gunwritr because he does articles on guns like this and could help preserve the history and I believe he may of missed the deal but might want to check with him. Someone may already be getting one to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep you should keep one.

I'd be down to loan @gunwritr my folder if he wants to write an article on them.

I still use the belt he gave me everyday. I kinda owe him.

Who knows what mine will look like yet tho so someone might have a better example for him to take pics of.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:45:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
FYI the sale pages are back up on their website, albeit both say out of stock.  Not sure what that means since they took the pages down some time on Thur or Fri.  Might be worth keeping an eye out.

Fixed Stock

Folding Stock
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2018 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#45]
yeeeeep. Don't even have my fixed yet but I'd be buying a couple folders if/when they come online.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fixed Stock

Folding Stock
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:59:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I would say once they take guns forms folks orders they will be putting them back up. And I say that because they told me that last week.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I would say once they take guns forms folks orders they will be putting them back up. And I say that because they told me that last week.
View Quote
As in people that ordered more than 2 ?
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I know they Let orders over two guns go.Cause I have a dealer buddie their on their way too him now
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

As in people that ordered more than 2 ?
View Quote
Correct. When they finish pulling all of the guns over two from orders. Having said that I have reason to believe they are using some individual judgement on certain orders.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top