Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#1]
My lone order, 1 fixed stock, shipped out this morning.  Ordered on the 17rh around 4:30 P.M..  I hope it is decent!
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No power in the ‘verse could stop me from getting one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I even reminded them about the Chain Of Command. Didn't help...
No power in the ‘verse could stop me from getting one.
Congrats...
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#3]
So being I'm not much of a collector like in toy story allure..

I want to upgrade the furniture to Magpul..just stuff that is reversible.

I mean all it needs is a light and its good to go for Teotwawki.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine is due for arrival on Thursday.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
FedEx doesn’t want to update my tracking on either shipment. One is supposed to be delivered today but hasn’t changed to on truck for delivery. Hmmm
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:11:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Order #40792xx Shipped!
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet, just got a call from the FFL who tells me my folder is in. Actually, he said he had a number of this lot show up, but mine was the only folder so far.

I wonder how many other arfcommers I live near
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, I just got off the phone with them. Per the guy I talked to, all the guns pulled from customers that over ordered have been sold already so, I don't know if I'd count on them showing back up in stock unless they can get more in.

View Quote
I plan to name mine “Vera”
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Mines listed as shipped.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sweet, just got a call from the FFL who tells me my folder is in. Actually, he said he had a number of this lot show up, but mine was the only folder so far.

I wonder how many other arfcommers I live near
View Quote
Based on the poll responses, I’d say we bought close to half of them if most people bought two. The only other large scale discussions on them have been on Reddit and then obviously the email blast they sent out themselves.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I just got off the phone with them. Per the guy I talked to, all the guns pulled from customers that over ordered have been sold already so, I don't know if I'd count on them showing back up in stock unless they can get more in.

You are starting to damage my calm...
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/WpRrJr7.jpg
^ Definitely my look.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So being I'm not much of a collector like in toy story allure..

I want to upgrade the furniture to Magpul..just stuff that is reversible.

I mean all it needs is a light and its good to go for Teotwawki.
View Quote
If you're not interested in the collector angle, I'm sure there are plenty of people in this thread who missed out on the deal, but would gladly trade you a more modern upgraded 870 for this one.

It's yours to do with as you please, but mine are going to stay as they arrive with the exception of a sling and a bayonet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#15]
FFL just called and my folder is ready a day early!  On the way over now to pick it up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you're not interested in the collector angle, I'm sure there are plenty of people in this thread who missed out on the deal, but would gladly trade you a more modern upgraded 870 for this one.

It's yours to do with as you please, but mine are going to stay as they arrive with the exception of a sling and a bayonet.
View Quote
That makes about as much sense as the folks offering $300 for one of these because they missed out and are “feeling generous”....
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:07:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Damn that’s an awesome collection
View Quote
You should see some of his AR15 collection.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine will be here on Weds but I'm still upset I only ordered 1. WTF was I thinking
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#21]
grumble....."order still being processed"
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#22]
All the guys that only ordered one are like

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Phew! My FFL just called and my folder came in. I asked him to take a look and call me. He said "It's not really pristine but it's close to it. There looks like there is a little spot in the blueing but it could be grease. Overall, you're going to like it"
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#24]
omg my fixed stock just shipped
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#25]
My two are marked shipped now.So will I get a email from FedEx with tracking later today?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My two are marked shipped now.So will I get a email from FedEx with tracking later today?
View Quote
You can get the tracking number from SOS website where they list order status. You should get an email from Fedex when thy are picked up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#27]
My fixed is/was out for delivery.  The local FFL I use is closed on Monday Be delivered Tuesday.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
Don't you know it. Why I only order one is a mystery to me. My folder arrives today but I can't pick it up until  next Mon.

Glad I did get one. Thanks for posting these OP!
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Two fixed stock
40973XX Shipped today
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#31]
My order, 4079xxx (2 fixed), is now marked shipped! Tracking number is shown but not yet live on the FedEx site, so presumably the truck hasn't come by for pick-up yet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
One of mine is unfired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQAzyBb5L3c
View Quote
Thanks for the video. I can’t wait to get mine. Hopefully one today, but fedex is being weird so I may have to get them tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My fixed is/was out for delivery.  The local FFL I use is closed on Monday Be delivered Tuesday.  
View Quote
I’m in the exact same boat.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Mine is still "preparing for shipment" and has been since Friday. I keep checking hoping to see they shipped but no luck so far. They have my money though...

ETA: I also still have one which is "Order being Processed"
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#35]
mine should be in Wednesday, only bought one fixed stock, kicking myself for not getting two now seeing the condition of y'alls
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Mine is still "preparing for shipment" and has been since Friday. I keep checking hoping to see they shipped but no luck so far. They have my money though...
View Quote
In this instance I would call. Could be something as simple as an FFL issue.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had a wrong address and card issue. SO I called and straightened that out and I am sure they just threw me to the end. I hate to call them and bug them as I know they are getting hammered with calls.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I had a wrong address and card issue. SO I called and straightened that out and I am sure they just threw me to the end. I hate to call them and bug them as I know they are getting hammered with calls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah ok that probably explains the delay. I’m not sure how they are processing these since it seems a little out of order in some instances.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

ETA: I also still have one which is "Order being Processed"
View Quote
Mine has been prepping for shipment since Thursday.  Just marked it shipped in the last hour. 40794xx
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That makes about as much sense as the folks offering $300 for one of these because they missed out and are “feeling generous”....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. I should have added "plus cash".

Either way, my point was just that these are going to be collectible guns, and there are better options more suited to the magpul tinker toy treatment.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Either way, my point was just that these are going to be collectible guns, and there are better options more suited to the magpul tinker toy treatment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention that things like this are generally better enjoyed in the configuration they come in. You wouldn’t buy a Colt SP1 and magpul it out. It’s cool to buy older guns like this and think of it as a window into another time. The 1970s aren’t THAT long ago to some people but it’ll be ancient history in the near future.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not to mention that things like this are generally better enjoyed in the configuration they come in. You wouldn’t buy a Colt SP1 and magpul it out. It’s cool to buy older guns like this and think of it as a window into another time. The 1970s aren’t THAT long ago to some people but it’ll be ancient history in the near future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly right.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, it certainly seems all of these are older 870s that do not have the flexi-tab lifters. If you are planning to use these for defense or compitition, you need to be aware that if you are sloppy doing quick reloading, it is possible for a shell you are trying to get into the mag tube to get away from you and shoot back under the lifter locking the gun up real good. This can happen with the newer guns too, but that is what the flexi-tab is for. With the flexi-tab you simply pull back hard on the slide and the tab cut into the lifter will flex enough to allow you to clear the jam. Without the flexi-tab, like these guns, you are pretty much going to have to disassemble it. That's why the flexi-tab was implemented in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#45]
To put the time period into perspective. We’ll use 1972 because that was the date code on two shotguns I’ve seen so far.

These movies came out in 1972
The Godfather
Joe Kidd
Deliverance
The Poseidon Adventure
Jeremiah Johnson
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Well one of mine, the one that was being processed just shipped the preparing for shipment is still there I bet they had to pull in every Tom, Dick, and Harry to get these guns out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I don’t recall if anyone mentioned it yet, but I believe the rear sling attachment on the folders is another hard to get part. Most of the time they are missing or never were installed on most police trade-ins
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Mine comes tomorrow but my LGS doesn't know if he will have time to do the transfer since they have a major problem with one of their pumps and holding tanks at the gas station he owns. Probably be wednesday before he gets to it. Cant complain since its a free transfer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Damn those look great
View All Quotes
yes they do
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top