Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Crappy photo of mine as received. Good condition with no rust and only a few minor scratches and a sticker.

Attachment Attached File

I am very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Updated the data thread think I have everyone that has posted so far.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody know how to disassemble these things? Bayonet lug first by removing the three screws? Then the magazine cap?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Mother of God this thing is purdy!
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Ramcharger_pilot

Could you provide a clearer pic of the second page?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@ssgtcarroll

Updated pics in post.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my shipping notice! I thought I scored on my cheap police magnum earlier in the year but this blows me away.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Just picked mine up. Short version: it looks awesome. Looks like Private Snuffy removed the mag extension with a pair of pliers at one point, and some of the anodizing is purpling, but other than that it looks like it hardly left the rack. Pics to follow hopefully, just SN for now:

Eta derp didn't think it through. Starts with S628xxxV.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#9]
When new the Remington folding stock had a flat rubber O ring stuck to the buttplate to prevent scratching your barrel and to minimize noise from the butt hitting the barrel. About 1/8" thick fit the profile of the stamped butt, the original adhesive is notorious for falling off in the cold or hot summer car trunk, or just falling off from time or exposure to cleaning solvents.  I would acetone totally degrease the buttplate, prime with a coat of contact cement, let dry for 15-20 min then apply the rubber, the contact cement should help the original adhesive stick longer.   I might even apply a coat of cement to the buttplate, too, let it dry, before attaching to stock for best adhesion.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/822060

Also,  @Palmetto State Armory should run a special on the Olive Drab #00 Military Buckshot to go along with these.   I'm seeing a few original GI OD nylon 12ga shotshell pouches on the Bay for $20-30 each.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Not gonna lie, if I could’ve gotten one of each I would have. But I’m happy my fixed stock is on it’s way, and since I plan on shooting it, fixed is probably better. I don’t think my 54 year old wrist and shoulder would like shooting a folder, that would’ve strictly been a safe queen.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#11]
My fixed stock got to my FFL at 2:38 pm but they haven’t called me they logged it in yet. Oh well I can wait until tomorrow but really can’t wait to see the condition it’s in.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Dupe got 404 server error
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got a shipping notice for my fixed stock. Should get to my FFL on Wednesday.

Woohoo!
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up mine after work, I was in a hurry to get my son on the opposite side of town.

From the quick glance at the shop, mine is as mint as it could be.

I’m really happy with it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#15]
My fixed is sitting in NY right now. Says it'll be delivered tomorrow. I hope it is and I hope I can pick it up tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When new the Remington folding stock had a flat rubber O ring stuck to the buttplate to prevent scratching your barrel and to minimize noise from the butt hitting the barrel. About 1/8" thick fit the profile of the stamped butt, the original adhesive is notorious for falling off in the cold or hot summer car trunk, or just falling off from time or exposure to cleaning solvents.  I would acetone totally degrease the buttplate, prime with a coat of contact cement, let dry for 15-20 min then apply the rubber, the contact cement should help the original adhesive stick longer.   I might even apply a coat of cement to the buttplate, too, let it dry, before attaching to stock for best adhesion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBq0wbeGmZc
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43902/Remington_Folder_Rubber_Buttpad_jpg-713843.JPG

Also,  @Palmetto State Armory should run a special on the Olive Drab #00 Military Buckshot to go along with these.   I'm seeing a few original GI OD nylon 12ga shotshell pouches on the Bay for $20-30 each.
View Quote
Most of the mil issue buck I’ve seen is just standard Winchester Super X buffered in the red shells.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Just picked mine up. Im beyond stoked. 90+ condition, great stock. Looks like it was put away and ledt alone. Some very small rust spots on top on barrel by lug and bayo lug. No scratches just wear on mag tube. Pics coming.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Plus, it certainly seems all of these are older 870s that do not have the flexi-tab lifters. If you are planning to use these for defense or compitition, you need to be aware that if you are sloppy doing quick reloading, it is possible for a shell you are trying to get into the mag tube to get away from you and shoot back under the lifter locking the gun up real good. This can happen with the newer guns too, but that is what the flexi-tab is for. With the flexi-tab you simply pull back hard on the slide and the tab cut into the lifter will flex enough to allow you to clear the jam. Without the flexi-tab, like these guns, you are pretty much going to have to disassemble it. That's why the flexi-tab was implemented in the first place.
View Quote
gunpartscorp.com has the matte blued relief cut lifters for about $12 each.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I was so excited to pick up my ‘70’s era gun, I burst into 70’s mode!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Well I couldn't wait until tomorrow to go get both of them, so I went and got the first one today.  It's in great shape.  I'll post some pictures in a few minutes.

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
1ea Fixed, Order# 40792XX ordered 17 Oct 1554 CDST, on Fedex Shipped notice as of 1424 today, ETA Wed.

By the way, fellow with the NIW M7 Bayonets with M10 black plastic scabbards is North Alabama Military Surplus, https://www.facebook.com/North-Alabama-Military-Surplus-207658359780170/

Don't post on his timeline, send him a message, FB has deleted some of his shit because they consider bayonets assault weapons. I know, stupid, some don't think they be like they are but they do.   He has about 20 left, NIW.  
View Quote
What’s a good price on these bayonets?  May pick up a couple for my Fixed stocks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What’s a good price on these bayonets?  May pick up a couple for my Fixed stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1ea Fixed, Order# 40792XX ordered 17 Oct 1554 CDST, on Fedex Shipped notice as of 1424 today, ETA Wed.

By the way, fellow with the NIW M7 Bayonets with M10 black plastic scabbards is North Alabama Military Surplus, https://www.facebook.com/North-Alabama-Military-Surplus-207658359780170/

Don't post on his timeline, send him a message, FB has deleted some of his shit because they consider bayonets assault weapons. I know, stupid, some don't think they be like they are but they do.   He has about 20 left, NIW.  
Looks like they're $40-50
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well I couldn't wait until tomorrow to go get both of them, so I went and got the first one today.  It's in great shape.  I'll post some pictures in a few minutes.

https://i.imgur.com/dC85wIp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CaVgX1A.jpg
View Quote
Nice! Looked like the same dimwit who took off my mag tube took off yours too
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, it certainly seems all of these are older 870s that do not have the flexi-tab lifters. If you are planning to use these for defense or compitition, you need to be aware that if you are sloppy doing quick reloading, it is possible for a shell you are trying to get into the mag tube to get away from you and shoot back under the lifter locking the gun up real good. This can happen with the newer guns too, but that is what the flexi-tab is for. With the flexi-tab you simply pull back hard on the slide and the tab cut into the lifter will flex enough to allow you to clear the jam. Without the flexi-tab, like these guns, you are pretty much going to have to disassemble it. That's why the flexi-tab was implemented in the first place.
You'll also need the bolt carrier and maybe even a bolt to complete the fix. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it. Black or chrome $120, lifter, carrier and breach block (bolt) You might find it cheaper. This was the first one I found to confirm you need all three parts. Also out of stock here.
Flexitab conversion
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/dC85wIp.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CaVgX1A.jpg
View Quote
Glad you got a good one, OP.  I'd be super bummed if you got the shittiest one in the lot
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Picked up, today.

Fixed due Wednesday!

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#28]
The response from Remington was lackluster at best.

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/aoDlrjQ.png
View Quote
Submit a FOIA with the ONG.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was so excited to pick up my ‘70’s era gun, I burst into 70’s mode!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58424/B741590E-31D3-4E7C-9155-B3B0DC0DC569_jpeg-713874.JPG
View Quote
LOL nice
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/aoDlrjQ.png
View Quote
You could try these:

http://remingtonle.com/support/contact.htm

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/Contact.aspx
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow, I just picked mine up for my FFL. He already tried to buy it from me and was real hesitant to let me go with it haha. This thing is absolutely mint. I don't think it's ever even been fired. The nut at the end is slightly discolored, like a copper color but other than that it's beautiful
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBq0wbeGmZc
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43902/Remington_Folder_Rubber_Buttpad_jpg-713843.JPG

View Quote
That's a good find.  Ordered couple of the rubber pads.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I found a rack number hidden on my folder

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Picked mine up today.

Question for those with folders, Does your butt plate collapse if you pull it against your should hard enough?

So I got one folder and one fixed.  The Folder is in beautiful condition, certainly used but looks fantastic.

The fixed is fairly well used but not terrible.  couple spots of wear/rust and dings.  I really like it.  From an investment perspective I wish I had gotten two folders but I think I prefer the fixed just from messing around with it.

What do you all think of the folding stock?  I just can't bring myself to love it.  I'm going to hopefully shoot it sometime this week but I don't think it's a keeper.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today.

Question for those with folders, Does your butt plate collapse if you pull it against your should hard enough?

So I got one folder and one fixed.  The Folder is in beautiful condition, certainly used but looks fantastic.

The fixed is fairly well used but not terrible.  couple spots of wear/rust and dings.  I really like it.  From an investment perspective I wish I had gotten two folders but I think I prefer the fixed just from messing around with it.

What do you all think of the folding stock?  I just can't bring myself to love it.  I'm going to hopefully shoot it sometime this week but I don't think it's a keeper.  
View Quote
You may need to bend the tabs in a little bit on the rear plate so it won't slip past.

And the folding stock guns are definitely more fun to look at then to shoot.  If you bought these to be shooters, the fixed stock guns make more sense for sure.  But the folding stock sure does look sweet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You may need to bend the tabs in a little bit on the rear plate so it won't slip past.

And the folding stock guns are definitely more fun to look at then to shoot.  If you bought these to be shooters, the fixed stock guns make more sense for sure.  But the folding stock sure does look sweet.
View Quote
Agreed.  All I can think of is Jurassic Park.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today.

View Quote
Yes. One of the legs of my stock is bent in slightly allowing the tab to slip past and the butt plate collapse. Little tweaking and it will be good as new.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#40]
The tiny spots of rust on my folder cleaned right up with a little clp.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Just saw one on Armslist already.  $500 for the folder

That was quick.  Cheaper than I thought it would be listed for
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes. One of the legs of my stock is bent in slightly allowing the tab to slip past and the butt plate collapse. Little tweaking and it will be good as new.
View Quote
Mine locks in tight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just saw one on Armslist already.  $500 for the folder

That was quick.  Cheaper than I thought it would be listed for
View Quote
I bet it will sell quickly.  I'd bet someone bought two and just wants their money back.  I can't blame them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm absolutely convinced that this one has never been fired. Everything is tight, bore and chamber and absolutely flawless with ZERO debris in the nooks and crannies, trigger is tight, folded is tight as hell with zero rattles, the foregrip is flawless etc

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#45]
I got a call today saying they will only sell me two (I ordered 4)
He claims they had a limit of two per person but they “forgot” to add that to the discription and when they went to add it they couldn’t because their site was down from all the traffic.

I’m calling BS. I’m guessing they realized they screwed up by underselling them. So either more of these will come available or they are going to auction the ones they are not fulfilling.

I’m happy to be getting two, but not happy...
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He claims they had a limit of two per person but they “forgot” to add that to the discription and when they went to add it they couldn’t because their site was down from all the traffic.

I’m calling BS. I’m guessing they realized they screwed up by underselling them. So either more of these will come available or they are going to auction the ones they are not fulfilling.

View Quote
They seem to be hit or miss on the whole "2 guns only" thing.

ETA: The 3 bayonets and slings that I ordered from the CMP supposedly shipped today.....wohoo
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
This was talked about earlier. They oversold them. Be glad you got any.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
This has been known since last week.  Again, look at the poll up top.  Feel fortunate you are getting two, lots of other people got zero.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#49]
My FFL is busy until Wednesday while my guns were delivered today so I have to wait.

It is killing me

I want to see if I won the lottery or just did "good".
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Going to pick my folder up tomorrow, God I hope it's in as good shape as the pics you guys are posting!
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top