BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are absolutely correct on that end, but we don't know for sure who filled out the 4473. For all we know, he did the 4473 on all ten. Then no straw purchase.
View Quote
How many ARFCOMers did he screw over by admittedly buying them himself using their cards to get past the limit of 2 rule? I know he screwed me over. Simple typo in check out caused me to miss a folder. Had he not bought 10 guns I would have had 1.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#2]
So did we ever get a firm answer as to why they sold them for a low market price?

Were they under pressure in a contract to move these quickly?  I am assuming they received them, and sold them all within a matter of 2 weeks?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How many ARFCOMers did he screw over by admittedly buying them himself using their cards to get past the limit of 2 rule? I know he screwed me over. Simple typo in check out caused me to miss a folder. Had he not bought 10 guns I would have had 1.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are absolutely correct on that end, but we don't know for sure who filled out the 4473. For all we know, he did the 4473 on all ten. Then no straw purchase.
I’d say the chances are slim he actually got 10. If he lied and didn’t even buy any, he’s a jerk. If he actually did it that way, he’s a jerk. That being said, no reason to make the thread revolve around him
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
He didn't screw you out of any. There was no limit posted in the description. Capitalism.

But his story doesn't make any sense because again no one knew there was a 2 gun limit until after all were sold and they were pulling guns from orders. So how did he know to only order two?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So did we ever get a firm answer as to why they sold them for a low market price?

Were they under pressure in a contract to move these quickly?  I am assuming they received them, and sold them all within a matter of 2 weeks?  
View Quote
I talked to a store employee who said the owner handled everything on this deal. Another poster with a buddy in the OnG that handled the surplusing of the guns said they probably got rid of them for $60. If that info is correct, even with the free shipping and case, they still made good money and did it quickly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Some of you really need chill pills...man..

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’m in north Fort Worth. I don’t drink but the thank you is appreciated!
View Quote
He then texted me and I got in on two.  Thank you!  I think your the reason they sold out so quick lol
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder if this is off of the current batch.

Folding stock
View Quote
Pistol grip and most of the hardware is missing
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine just got delivered to my FFL.

Definitely going to grab it after work. I'll post pics
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:30:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Pistol grip and most of the hardware is missing
View Quote
Yea, and I would think it would be hard to source.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It would seem that’s probably common, but I’m wondering if it’s a regulation/law or just a store policy.  You could argue that maybe the person that ordered it is not eligible for the firearm and the person doing the 4473 is doing a straw purchase, but if the person that ordered it changed their mine before the transfer and someone else bought it from them while it’s at the shop, I’d the first person did the 4473, they would have to lie on question 1. Idk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This topic has me wondering.

Is the name on the order, invoice, credit card, a legal basis for "ownership" in the sense that it would legally have to be transferred to that person on a 4473 before it could be sold or gifted?

If I ordered a gun to my FFL, decided I didn't want it but my buddy did, and he paid me $500, could he go to the FFL and do the 4473 for himself?
In my experience when I worked the sales side of the counter, the name on the order was the party that must do the 4473.

So if my wife order an firearm for me as a gift. I could not go to the FFL and do the 4473 since that was the name on the invoice for the order itself. She had to do it and then gift me the gun.
It would seem that’s probably common, but I’m wondering if it’s a regulation/law or just a store policy.  You could argue that maybe the person that ordered it is not eligible for the firearm and the person doing the 4473 is doing a straw purchase, but if the person that ordered it changed their mine before the transfer and someone else bought it from them while it’s at the shop, I’d the first person did the 4473, they would have to lie on question 1. Idk.
ATF is kinda funny about the name on the 4473 being the actual "buyer" of the firearm and not just the person who takes possession. If someone placed the order online or over the phone and paid for it with their credit card then the ATF would likely consider THAT person to be the "buyer" of the firearm who is the only person it may be transferred to via the 4473. If the Dealer KNOWS (or should reasonably believe) that the person completing the 4473 is not the actual buyer, then the Dealer is obligated NOT to complete the transfer.

I was in the shop of my favorite local Dealer when two guys came in to do the transfer of an online order. In order to get the best shipping, ONE of them had actually placed the order and paid for both guns but they wanted to transfer the guns individually since one had already reimbursed the other. The Dealer was put in a tough spot, even more so after the two tried to explain what they were doing. That's when I walked away and looked at holsters for a while
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mine is sitting at my  dealer as of 10 minutes ago can't go pick it up for another three hours now as I've got a few other things going. The wait is killing me
View Quote
Lucky You. Mine are expected "before end of day" Friday. So count your blessings.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ATF is kinda funny about the name on the 4473 being the actual "buyer" of the firearm and not just the person who takes possession. If someone placed the order online or over the phone and paid for it with their credit card then the ATF would likely consider THAT person to be the "buyer" of the firearm who is the only person it may be transferred to via the 4473. If the Dealer KNOWS (or should reasonably believe) that the person completing the 4473 is not the actual buyer, then the Dealer is obligated NOT to complete the transfer.

I was in the shop of my favorite local Dealer when two guys came in to do the transfer of an online order. In order to get the best shipping, ONE of them had actually placed the order and paid for both guns but they wanted to transfer the guns individually since one had already reimbursed the other. The Dealer was put in a tough spot, even more so after the two tried to explain what they were doing. That's when I walked away and looked at holsters for a while
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This topic has me wondering.

Is the name on the order, invoice, credit card, a legal basis for "ownership" in the sense that it would legally have to be transferred to that person on a 4473 before it could be sold or gifted?

If I ordered a gun to my FFL, decided I didn't want it but my buddy did, and he paid me $500, could he go to the FFL and do the 4473 for himself?
In my experience when I worked the sales side of the counter, the name on the order was the party that must do the 4473.

So if my wife order an firearm for me as a gift. I could not go to the FFL and do the 4473 since that was the name on the invoice for the order itself. She had to do it and then gift me the gun.

In a case like that, I think the ATF should allow dealers to run background checks on both individuals and as long as neither are prohibited persons, continue the sale.

Of course, I’m all for getting rid of the entire process in the first place, but that’s another discussion.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#14]
We need memes

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Got both of mine picked up at lunch.  Will post pics and info later tonight.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I got my folder in today. Overall it is in good shape except the front pin by the trigger guard is missing. The guard is jamb a little open.
They had a tag on it stating it needed a front pin then  trigger guard and housing is broken. It don't look broken but just jammed. I will have to bring it to a shop
to get checked out. What a bummer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We need memes

https://i.imgur.com/or8fVtH.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine were delivered early this morning and I didn't check my email before coming in to work.  To make it worse I drive by the shop on my way in.  Crap!
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#20]

just wanted a folder. Ill be happy with my 1 fixed stock shotgun
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:55:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Dbl
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Picked up my two fixed today.  One is excellent the other has some blems.

My ffl is  jealous.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

I'm  jelly of the guys that got those beautiful  folders.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#23]
First pics out of the box, CU barrel stamp is March 1971 S377XXX serial.
Some masking tape ripped up on the stock, can’t really make out market writing as of first look. The fixed stock is solid but used, the receiver is scratched a little but I am not disappointed in the least.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Folding stock
View Quote
Or someone freaked out their valuable folder is about to take a hit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Waiting for his next auction for a pistol grip that "may need additional parts to install".
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Folding stock
Folders aren't that common. So out of the 1,200; how many are folders versus fixex stock guns?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Folders aren't that common. So out of the 1,200; how many are folders versus fixex stock guns?
View Quote
Based on numbers I saw either here or Reddit from fairly early in the deal, looked like probably around 400 were folders.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Numbers were 800 fixed and 400 folders

ETA beat by 24 secs
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#29]
This is killing me. Mine still hasn't been delivered. My FFL closes at 1700. Usually FedEx and UPS get to his place no later than 1500.

This sucks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#30]
mine just got delivered but he hasnt had a chance to check it in

said I can come tomorrow

I CANT TAKE IT
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He’s just trolling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's with the weirdos trying to purposefully pretend these shotguns aren't worth anything?

ANY collector who knows anything at all about firearms knows these are something special. What's the angle? Jealousy?
He’s just trolling.
Probably because they didn’t buy one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:43:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Just grabbed mine over lunch, you can tell this one was issued and used but not too roughly as it is in very good condition for a ~50 year old military riot gun, came with a black nylon sling so it was probably used sem-recently, a handful of small dents and dings on the top of the receiver and some scratches here and there, under the ejection port it looks like someone rubbed it with coarse steel wool and removed some of the finish, didn't see any rust but I haven't looked super close yet, action is buttery smooth. Will post pics and update the other thread with info when I get home from work.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Mines won't release it and he said he is extremely jealous........

everyone in the fun shop is a recent veteran so they were all oggling it...but they got a huge backlog to add to their log in process for the FFL so it will be tomorrow.

I'm patient.

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Perfect condition, don’t think it was ever fired.

Attachment Attached File

Fired with stock open from shoulder- 00 Buck at 7 yards

Attachment Attached File

THANKS OP! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263282/E88001F3-F256-41E4-8389-0646EB723399_jpeg-714640.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263282/CE1CEC96-F525-46FB-9B66-6CFC615A03FA_jpeg-714643.JPG

View Quote
One shot out of the folder should be plenty
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#36]
That's a nice even pattern.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:03:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Well that’s the first one that’s been shot so far that I know of lol.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263282/E88001F3-F256-41E4-8389-0646EB723399_jpeg-714640.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/263282/CE1CEC96-F525-46FB-9B66-6CFC615A03FA_jpeg-714643.JPG

View Quote
damn thats beautiful
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
So in seriousness how was the recoil and...interaction with the shoulder?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just grabbed mine over lunch, you can tell this one was issued and used but not too roughly as it is in very good condition for a ~50 year old military riot gun, came with a black nylon sling so it was probably used sem-recently, a handful of small dents and dings on the top of the receiver and some scratches here and there, under the ejection port it looks like someone rubbed it with coarse steel wool and removed some of the finish, didn't see any rust but I haven't looked super close yet, action is buttery smooth. Will post pics and update the other thread with info when I get home from work.
View Quote
Hard to believe that the 70s was fifty years ago. In my mind. It wasn't that far back. But then again I think that GWB being elected was right around the corner too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Perfect condition, don't think it was ever fired.

I had a factory folder many moons ago. It utterly sucked shooting. Recoil sucked, the ergos sucked, the whole thing sucked. But damn if it didn't look cool.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Attachment Attached File

Condition on mine is pretty typical of those pictured in the ad.  Definitely used and a little rust.  Going to clean it up a little and hopefully get a few rounds down range  this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Picked up my fixed stock today and holy shit am I happy. It's by far the prettiest fixed stock one I've seen posted here. Absolutely gorgeous deep blue finish, no rust or scratches even around the trigger guard and barrel. Mag extension is mint and hasn't been buggered like some people's. Wood forearm is near mint, stock itself is the only thing that shows wear. It's got a few dents and scratches but I think it'll buff out. Some residue from masking tape on the stock. The number 2 written in sharpie on the top rear directly in front of the butt pad. Cycles and functions smooth as butter. No sling unfortunately.

Barrel code CU so April of '71. SN is S37788xx

I need to take some decent pics to do the bluing justice.

All I can say is thanks OP!

PS anyone got a line on a M7 bayonet less than $50 shipped?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:32:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I had a factory folder many moons ago. It utterly sucked shooting. Recoil sucked, the ergos sucked, the whole thing sucked. But damn if it didn't look cool.
View Quote
Our Dept had some up until the late 90's. I've shot qualifying with one, it's diffferent but manageable. But one almost cut my thumb off once so be careful of the folding mechanism.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Our Dept had some up until the late 90's. I've shot qualifying with one, it's diffferent but manageable. But one almost cut my thumb off once so be careful of the folding mechanism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Almost sliced my cheek with mine.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#46]
They are releasing it today.....

they oggled it enough and they now want me to keep an eye peeled for good deals for them in return for free transfers and at cost for other stuff.

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Got mine today...

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is killing me. Mine still hasn't been delivered. My FFL closes at 1700. Usually FedEx and UPS get to his place no later than 1500.

This sucks.
View Quote
Feel fortunate. My 2 folders are still processing
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#49]
My lone fixed-stock came in. It's in better shape than I was expecting after seeing photos of some of the other fixed stock models. A few dings here and there, but no rust, bluing is great, and the screws on the bayonet adapter are perfect. It's been shot but not very much. No sling, no tape, tags, or additional markings besides the ONG logo on this specimen. S/N is S394487V

Detailed pics in the spoiler:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Got mine today! Fixed stock....looks good overall with just enough BTDT character

S395XXXV ... barrel code KU (May 1971). Minimal remnants of a unit sticker on the stock but no information on it. Rack number 6 (or 9 I guess?) by the trigger but 1 on top of the receiver....go figure

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Thanks OP!!!! Owe you one!!
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top