[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:31:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's a very good point.

I asked a question earlier, and your typical, evasive, non-answer indicated that you were just trolling.

So why would I ask another question and expect a non-troll response?

You have a point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So after 9 months and a 5 figure death count i wonder how worth it Bakhmut is, or ever was. Guess we'll know sooner or later if these reports are accurate.

Russia has also been bleeding out Ukrainians and their resources.  What you see as a tragedy may be viewed as progress from a different perspective.

With the way things appear to be going in Bakhmut one has to wonder if the leaked military documents were more on point than the claims that Russian forces were being annihilated (7 to 1).

Use basic military common sense applied to urban combat.

Do you suffer more casualties in the attack or defense?

How about by using Human Waves?

Russia has been attacking Bakhmut for how many months?

Just curious, why do you even bother to ask me questions? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind engaging in a discussion but you're constantly calling me a troll and a liar so why waste your time talking to me?

That's a very good point.

I asked a question earlier, and your typical, evasive, non-answer indicated that you were just trolling.

So why would I ask another question and expect a non-troll response?

You have a point.

"That's a very good point." - Thank you

"I  asked a question earlier, and your typical, evasive, non-answer indicated that you were just trolling" - ?

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You do know bakhmut isn't the only area where there is fighting right??,

Since day one of this war Ukraine has took back more than what russia gained in the first month..you need to pay attention or learn basic math/geography.  Russia has lost more land that they took since 15 months ago.  So according to your own ideology of how this war is going Ukraine is fucking slaying russia.

Taking 10 blocks of the 58th largest city in Ukraine over the course of 9 months is not considered "winning" lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi
Save that comparison for the Ukrainian offensive, if they can even launch one.

Russia says they can.

They also scoffed last September and October but look what happened.

15 months later Russia is weaker with no goals accomplished.

15 months later Ukraine is a lot stronger.

"15 months later Ukraine is a lot stronger." - Yeah, not really seeing that but ok..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/FvZ2h8CXoAYwYWE_jpeg-2807394.JPG

well factually they are several times over stronger than the start of the war. from all the weapons given from the west, and all the armor russia donated to ukraine retreating during the khakiv offensive last year. (which russia became the biggest supplier to ukraine out of all the countrys combined, lol). so yes they are VERY much stronger. russia has lost all there combat experienced brigades. and they are bringing out 50 year old tanks out of storage.  no way you can argue that Ukraine is not stronger.  you can say it sure, but you would be wrong.
Huh, so losing gound is a sign of strength and makes you stronger, good to know!

Since day one of this war Ukraine has took back more than what russia gained in the first month..you need to pay attention or learn basic math/geography.  Russia has lost more land that they took since 15 months ago.  So according to your own ideology of how this war is going Ukraine is fucking slaying russia.

Taking 10 blocks of the 58th largest city in Ukraine over the course of 9 months is not considered "winning" lol

Well since the Russians are "losing"  when do you expect Zelensky to declare victory so we can pull our troops out of the Ukraine, as well as stop sending tax payer monies and our vital military resources to him?

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well since the Russians are "losing"  when do you expect Zelensky to declare victory so we can pull our troops out of the Ukraine, as well as stop sending tax payer monies and our vital military resources to him?

View Quote

Our troops that aren’t fighting in Ukraine.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Russia says they can.

View Quote

Your analysis of this is filtered through smoke colored glasses.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia says they can.

Hardly. His analysis is correct. Not only is Ukraine stronger in a military sense, they have adopted western equipment, trained and now have experience in combined arms tactics and have developed a few of their own quite effectively (drones in particular). The Russians continue to operate in old Soviet mindset with human wave attacks and using what's left of Soviet-era machinery.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The Russians are “mostly” losing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi
Save that comparison for the Ukrainian offensive, if they can even launch one.

Russia says they can.

"15 months later Ukraine is a lot stronger." - Yeah, not really seeing that but ok..

well factually they are several times over stronger than the start of the war. from all the weapons given from the west, and all the armor russia donated to ukraine retreating during the khakiv offensive last year. (which russia became the biggest supplier to ukraine out of all the countrys combined, lol). so yes they are VERY much stronger. russia has lost all there combat experienced brigades. and they are bringing out 50 year old tanks out of storage.  no way you can argue that Ukraine is not stronger.  you can say it sure, but you would be wrong.
Huh, so losing gound is a sign of strength and makes you stronger, good to know!

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Wonder if the Russian public will indeed ever know.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't know who that is and really don't care. As I have repeatedly stated, what I do care about, is that we are wasting billions in monies and assets for a war that is of no importance to us. IMO the Biden administration fucked up and our involvement in this is going to end badly for us.

Make no mistake, I'm not on team Putin, Zelensky, or Biden; they're all POS!
View Quote

"really don't care"

But really, really interested in Russian "victories".

Mkay
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like the Russians are slowly squeezing out the last resistance.

Why don't the Ukrainians just turn around and push them out?  After all the Russians are just incompetent vodka-soaked sub-human orcs running WW2 equipment by now.  Do we need to send another check for $10-20 billion to get this to happen?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

What troops?

We aren't on the same side, dude

We have more troops in Russia than Ukraine
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Newspaper reports Kadyrov’s troops are replaceing Wagner.
?
View Quote

Rape and tiktok numbers about to go up
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks like the Russians are slowly squeezing out the last resistance.

Why don't the Ukrainians just turn around and push them out?  After all the Russians are just incompetent vodka-soaked sub-human orcs running WW2 equipment by now.  Do we need to send another check for $10-20 billion to get this to happen?
View Quote

They have a munitions problem.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well success doesn't always equate to being fast. Just sayin

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/FvUvnW8XsAAjVRI_jpeg-2806426.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Prigozhin announces that the Wagner Group will withdraw from Bakhmut on May 10th."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0647-2806327.jpg

sorry for the bad news OP...

Getting out of the way of missiles/nukes?

Have you been paying any attention to what he's been saying the last week especially?

So you're saying we should trust Russian claims now.

Each claim and source evaluated on its own merit. For example, Prigozhin has never claimed that Bakhmut has fallen. What he puts out seems to get corroborated from multiple sources eventually. In public it is appears to be obvious there has been a deterioration in relations between Wagner and RU .mil for months. The only reluctance I have specific to this new video is the possibility of being intentionally misleading for advantage. I don't expect Wagner is actually going to leave Bakhmut, and I'll say the reason is 50/50, it is a bluff or intentional misinformation/they'll be coerced or convinced to stay.

"Each claim and source evaluated on its own merit" - I agree

"For  example, Prigozhin has never claimed that Bakhmut has fallen" - Yeah, I don't know who that is. The claim that Bakhmut fell was mine and was made after I saw a MSM news story were it indicated that the Russians had taken control of most of Bakhmut.

"The only reluctance I have specific to this new video is the possibility of being intentionally misleading for advantage." - Yup, same. Unlike some of the posters here, I'm not gonna arbitrarily trust Russian claims.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif

Based only on context clues from the last couple of pages in this thread, you have no idea who he may be?

"Prigozhin announces that the Wagner Group will withdraw from Bakhmut on May 10th."

A reporter or some kind of spokesperson? TBH, I don't really care!

Prigozhin is the creator or financial bscker/owner/oligarch that controls Wagner, he's known in Russia as "Putins chef".  He made his billions as a caterer to the Kremlin and the rich oligarchs. He is very close to Putin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yevgeny_Prigozhin

Well then, we should absolutely trust what he says!

Yea it does sound like he's tired of getting his ass whooped in Bakhmut and decided to finally fuck off back home lol. Saying it's due to ammo shortage is a sugar coated excuse for failing to take bakhmut. Lol

Well success doesn't always equate to being fast. Just sayin

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/FvUvnW8XsAAjVRI_jpeg-2806426.JPG

In military terms, fast saves the lives of your own troops and the enemy's.  No competent commander plans for slow.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Russia has also been bleeding out Ukrainians and their resources.  What you see as a tragedy may be viewed as progress from a different perspective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So after 9 months and a 5 figure death count i wonder how worth it Bakhmut is, or ever was. Guess we'll know sooner or later if these reports are accurate.

But if you look at the population ratios vs the loss ratios, Russia isn't doing well.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Does it?

Show me.
View Quote
Do we trust the ISW maps, or is that another Russian propaganda site?

Looks like maybe a few more weeks tops for the Bakhmut episode to be over.  

This is your chance to predict the outcome.  What will it be?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But if you look at the population ratios vs the loss ratios, Russia isn't doing well.
View Quote

Ukraine needs a successful offensive or they risk a loss of support.  If the Russians can keep doing what they are doing, the odds are with them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ukraine needs a successful offensive or they risk a loss of support.  If the Russians can keep doing what they are doing, the odds are with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

After the recent Russian attack, I'm guessing they (Ukrainians) better do their "offensive"  sooner rather than later!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

After the recent Russian attack, I'm guessing they (Ukrainians) better do their offensive sooner rather than later!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/Screenshot_20230506_202908_YouTube_jpg-2808397.JPG
View Quote

Clearly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

After the recent Russian attack, I'm guessing they (Ukrainians) better do their offensive sooner rather than later!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/Screenshot_20230506_202908_YouTube_jpg-2808397.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If they struck at the wrong time it would end up like Russia's winter offensive: thousands of dead Russian soldiers, hundreds of lost tanks, and no goals accomplished.

If they strike when it's the best time you get Kherson and Kharkiv.

Why is Russia evacuating northern Zap oblast and northern Crimea? Do they know something you don't?

Quoted:

In military terms, fast saves the lives of your own troops and the enemy's.  No competent commander plans for slow.

Exactly. They planned for this to last a few days.

Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

After the recent Russian attack, I'm guessing they (Ukrainians) better do their "offensive"  sooner rather than later!

View Quote

You knew that was coming.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Clearly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly.

Well true, I clearly don't know all the names of the people involved and that's what really matters to understanding the complexity of war, right!
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If they struck at the wrong time it would end up like Russia's winter offensive: thousands of dead Russian soldiers, hundreds of lost tanks, and no goals accomplished.

If they strike when it's the best time you get Kherson and Kharkiv.

Why is Russia evacuating northern Zap oblast and northern Crimea? Do they know something you don't?

Exactly. They planned for this to last a few days.

Exactly.
View Quote

Maybe they are moving them into a defensive position that they can support.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well true, I clearly don't know all the names of the people involved and that's what really matters to understanding the complexity of war, right!
View Quote

I was more commenting on your "guess" that had no explanation given whatsoever other than a picture.

What happens if Ukraine doesn't adjust its timetable based on that picture?
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a hunch, how bout you?

Link Posted: 5/6/2023 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt the offensive will take place there. But the quotation marks of "offensive" and general hyperfocus on Bakhmut is interesting.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Z wasn’t in hurry to return to Kiev either.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:11:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Possibly, they have the same amount of troops now that they do during the invasion and more territory to cover with less of the good stuff.

It means Russia is going to lose a lot more territory (Sorry Sketti).
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:22:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I was more commenting on your "guess" that had no explanation given whatsoever other than a picture.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I was more commenting on your "guess"" - First, let me make it clear that I'm not implying/saying that I have a better insight as to what's actually going on with the war in Ukraine. As I have previously stated, I'm not really interested in the minutiae of the Ukraine war. However, that doesn't mean I'm not looking at the bigger picture and formulating opinions based on life experiences and summations.

"What happens if Ukraine doesn't adjust its timetable based on that picture?" - To avoid being called a troll let me ask you, what do you think it meant when the Russians did that? Why now and why that? Do you not think this will affect what's going on in Bakhmut? Will there be a Bakhmut left to defend? Will time play a factor in regaining Bakhmut? etc etc

I ask you these questions not as a troll but rather I'm giving you an insight as to how my mind works. When I see something that seems interesting my OCD kicks in and I start analyzing it by asking myself a bunch of questions to paint a picture. I hope this helps you to understand my thought process.

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Possibly, they have the same amount of troops now that they do during the invasion and more territory to cover with less of the good stuff.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I accept your apologize
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:33:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quite possibly, but it also doesn’t mean that Ukraine can hold it either.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:34:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Z wasn't in hurry to return to Kiev either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Z wasn't in hurry to return to Kiev either.

If I was him I wouldn't either. If true, it was a dumb move with the drones, as well as Biden's call for regime change in Russia. Now the door is open for Z's assassination.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:37:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If I was him I wouldn't either. If true, it was a dumb move with the drones, as well as Biden's call for regime change in Russia. Now the door is open for Z's assassination.
View Quote

Yup,  I don’t think Z isn’t going to get to enjoy the stolen money into his retirement years.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yup,  I don't think Z isn't going to get to enjoy the stolen money into his retirement years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup,  I don't think Z isn't going to get to enjoy the stolen money into his retirement years.

I hope you're right!
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now do the big map and expand it over the last year.

The “2nd best” army in the world has taken 10 months and tens of thousands of lives to take a few kilometers of a shitty little piece of ground. Epic troll tho.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay buddy
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 1:38:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The "2nd best" army in the world has taken 10 months and tens of thousands of lives to take a few kilometers of a shitty little piece of ground. Epic troll tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "2nd best" army in the world has taken 10 months and tens of thousands of lives to take a few kilometers of a shitty little piece of ground. Epic troll tho.

No, I'm sure you're right, the Ukraine has to be "a lot stronger" after losing most of Bakhmut. Makes total sense!
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:17:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Well I read the situation wrong. There is no interest in having some conversation, just sensationalism and confirmation bias.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

They’ve held Kyiv, Lyman, balakliya Kherson, and several other key cities.

Russia lost them.

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:32:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well I read the situation wrong. There is no interest in having some conversation, just sensationalism and confirmation bias.
View Quote

@JustaGunNut You are correct...

In general it’s sad we can’t trade notes to understand better something because there’s a disagreement. This is exactly the kind of discourse the left and the KGB programs Yuri Brezmnov described want. We’ve been subverted!

A refreshing thread would be one explicitly wants actual discussion and arguments (like debate style) only for the rest of us normal people wanting to bounce ideas around and troubleshoot.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:33:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Russia has been trying to do regime change for over a year.

They sent hundreds of men to infiltrate the capital and kill Zelenskyy.

They failed.

Quoted:

I accept your apologize

That’s not an apology to you. That’s feeling bad for your upcoming sadness because Russia is going to lose a lot more stolen lands.

Be sure to have your Kleenex handy.

Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:53:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The “2nd best” army in the world has taken 10 months and tens of thousands of lives to take a few kilometers of a shitty little piece of ground. Epic troll tho.
View Quote

I wouldn't consider Russia the 2nd best army in the world. During the USSR days, yeah, I would. Now they aren't even close.

Unless they start throwing nukes around, then yeah, 2nd best.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:12:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I wouldn't consider Russia the 2nd best army in the world. During the USSR days, yeah, I would. Now they aren't even close.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't consider the USSR days either. They were never tested. Now they are. Now it's obvious they are a joke, just as they were likely a joke then.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Honestly, the biggest takeaway from this isn't that Russia is weaker than we thought. It's that there is now damning and indisputable proof that Russia is still run by incompetent thugs, retards, and fuckups just as it has been since the Whites lost in 1920.

Literally zero reason they shouldn't have all or most of Ukraine by now given the equipment and manpower disparities and massive disparity in ability to strike and cut supply lines. Grab a random StarCraft grandmaster kid from Korea and he could probably have performed far better than Shoigu, et al. This reminds me of the PLA's performance invading Vietnam or Austria-Hungary invading Serbia. Fart-sniffing nepotism and doctrinal stupidity collided with reality in a very ugly way.
Page / 108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top