User Panel

Page / 108
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or even the basic concepts of the game… all the while admonishing others who do, and pretending those details are somehow unimportant….
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine that I started a thread declaring that the Eagles chances to make the playoffs had “fallen” to zero.

In the course of the thread, I made sure to use the term “sportsball.”

AND… after 40 pages I revealed that I didn’t even know who Jalen Hurts was.

Or even the basic concepts of the game… all the while admonishing others who do, and pretending those details are somehow unimportant….

That analogy is backwards. To make it correct, Sketti would have said the eagles had made the playoffs halfway through the season,  and then the folks who are mad about the eagles making the playoffs would argue with him that they haven't made the playoffs,  until they did in fact make the play offs. Then they would call sketti a troll and tell him to use Google.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Zelenskyy isn't the one creating mass graves, abducting children for "adoption" by Russian families in the far east, and running torture chambers.

Putin is.
View Quote

He used the Azov nazis for those kinds of activities.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't give a shit. It is a regional conflict and the US shouldn't be spending a single dime on it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nazis!   lol
View Quote

Cincinnatus!  lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

All of that from the capture of Bakhmut?  No shit?
View Quote

No from the US injecting ourselves into this.  At the end of the day, it’s about money laundering and incompetent foreign policy, nobody gives a shit about Ukraine’s independence.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No from the US injecting ourselves into this.  At the end of the day, it’s about money laundering and incompetent foreign policy, nobody gives a shit about Ukraine’s independence.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Pretty much, shut up and steal my money.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me guess, TX or FL.....
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Since the source is USA Today, all information contained in the article is immediately suspect. They're one of the worst offenders of spewing fake news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw an interesting story today. I wonder how effective the tanks are gonna be when/if the Ukrainians try to take back Artemivsk/Bakhmut

"Fearing Russian capture, US strips sensitive tech from M1 Abrams tanks headed for Ukraine"

"WASHINGTON    Earlier this year, the Biden administration relented after months of pleas from Ukraine and agreed to send the country its most lethal armored vehicles: the Abrams tanks.But with Ukraine gearing up for an expected spring counteroffensive in its war with Russia, these powerful tanks are months away from reaching the frontlines of the battlefield. Abrams tanks won't be part of the initial spring assault."

"As soon is the case with other weapons, the U.S. government sends stripped-down versions of its tanks to foreign governments. The Pentagon reserves its highest-end
capabilities for U.S. troops. A complicating issue with sending Abrams tanks to Ukraine, officials and experts say, is the probability that one will fall into Russian hands on the battlefield."

Story link

Since the source is USA Today, all information contained in the article is immediately suspect. They're one of the worst offenders of spewing fake news.

I don't necessarily disagree with you that USA Today is a purveyor of fake news however that doesn't mean they're wrong on this issue. We do give other countries less capable weaponry all the time. It's just going to be interesting to see how effective the Abrams will be with some of the things that make it great removed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The disaster is the damage that will be caused to our reputation, relationships, and rubles.  I mean dollar hegemony but I was on a roll with Rs.  Not to mention the rampant fraud that will be uncovered down the road.  That is just getting started.
View Quote

If all of that potential downside for the US is riding is on the Ukrainians keeping the Russians out of Bakhmut, why did the US advise the Ukrainians to abandon the city to the Russians months ago?

You're assigning a massive amount of significance to an arbitrary spot on the map.   Certainly the Ukrainians would like to keep it.   But it is not even remotely the end of the world if they lose it, especially now, having used it to tie up alot of Russian strength for the better part of a year.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What is the disaster for Ukraine if/when Russia captures the remaining 10 or 20 percent of the city?    What happens then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is 100% chance you are 50% correct.

What is the disaster for Ukraine if/when Russia captures the remaining 10 or 20 percent of the city?    What happens then?

Well granted I don't know the important things like who someone is and what the Russians call something but I'm guessing losing the bottom portion of your country is probably not a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well granted I don't know the important things like who someone is and what the Russians call something but I'm guessing losing the bottom portion of your country is probably not a good thing.
View Quote

You know you can just look at a map, right?   You don't have to guess.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No from the US injecting ourselves into this.  At the end of the day, it's about money laundering and incompetent foreign policy, nobody gives a shit about Ukraine's independence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of that from the capture of Bakhmut?  No shit?

No from the US injecting ourselves into this.  At the end of the day, it's about money laundering and incompetent foreign policy, nobody gives a shit about Ukraine's independence.

Yup and the grift continues

"More Money! U.S. to Hand Over Another $1.2 Billion in Aid to Ukraine: Report"
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Bakhmut is the "bottom portion" of Ukraine?
View Quote

Wonderful World SAM COOKE (with lyrics)
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Man, you gotta know SOMETHING about the thing you're talking about.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"What is the disaster for Ukraine..."
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#22]

You know that's a map of Ukraine, not the city of Bakhmut, right?

One is an entire country.  The other is a city within that country.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, that's the first part of the sentence.   What's the rest of it.   Sound it out aloud if you need to.   Take your time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You asked "What is the disaster for Ukraine", you don't think the Ukrainians losing all this area is problematic (see area in red and purple)? I guess the Ukrainians really didn't want those cities, towns, etc

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You asked "What is the disaster for Ukraine", you don't think the Ukrainians losing all this area is problematic (see area in red and purple)?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/288245/FvpTWHIXoAA4yoI_jpeg-2810872.JPG

View Quote

I asked what the disaster was if they took the rest of Bakhmut.

You are deliberately (and hilariously) lying now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You asked "What is the disaster for Ukraine", you don't think the Ukrainians losing all this area is problematic (see area in red and purple)?

You said.  

"What is the disaster for Ukraine if/when Russia captures the remaining 10 or 20 percent of the city?    What happens then?"

But hey if you think losing a city/more real estate isn't a disaster I, along with the people who live there, are gonna have to disagree.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You said.  

"What is the disaster for Ukraine if/when Russia captures the remaining 10 or 20 percent of the city?    What happens then?"

But hey if you think losing a city/more real estate isn't a disaster I, along with the people who live there, are gonna have to disagree.
View Quote

They've lost bigger cities.   They've retaken bigger cities.

What is the specific disaster that will be caused by losing Bakhmut in particular?

I made this question very clear by adding "What happens next?" as a follow on question.

I don't think I could have made this any clearer or more reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Are you okay?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said.

Are you okay?

I fear the stress finally catched up and made him snap.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

What is the specific disaster that will be caused by losing Bakhmut in particular?

I made this question very clear by adding "What happens next?" as a follow on question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said.  

Well I know I'm not super smart like you guys but I thought it was pretty obvious "What happens next?" - More death, destruction, and swindling.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well I know I'm not super smart like you guys but I thought it was pretty obvious "What happens next?" - More death, destruction, and swindling.
View Quote
If you claim to not be super smart then why do you post such outlandish claims with such certainty?
Honestly and with respect you would learn more being quiet and reading some of the posts of those who have more knowledge than yourself.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you claim to not be super smart then why do you post such outlandish claims with such certainty?
Honestly and with respect you would learn more being quiet and reading some of the posts of those who have more knowledge than yourself.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious, what's your thoughts on the fall of Bakhnut?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The funny thing is Ukraine is winning this war.

That’s what pro Russians such as yourself refuse to accept
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am not smart enough to make any claims so I will sit quietly and observe the outcome.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That's what pro Russians such as yourself refuse to accept
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what pro Russians such as yourself refuse to accept

"The funny thing is Ukraine is winning this war." - just not in Bakhmut though, right?

Lol, I'm "pro Russian", you crack me up!

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

"The funny thing is Ukraine is winning this war." - just not in Bakhmut though, right?

View Quote

You absolutely are.

If the USA invaded Iraq and made it to the outskirts of Baghdad then got pushed back and spent the next 15 months losing ground while Iraq was stronger, who would be winning?

Sure, we held some areas next to Saudi Arabia, but when our stated goal was to remove saddam and we had to dig out m47 tanks because we lost so many abrams tanks would that really be a victory?

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I am not smart enough to make any claims so I will sit quietly and observe the outcome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, well thanks for adding to the discussion.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You absolutely are.

If the USA invaded Iraq and made it to the outskirts of Baghdad then got pushed back and spent the next 15 months losing ground while Iraq was stronger, who would be winning?

Sure, we held some areas next to Saudi Arabia, but when our stated goal was to remove saddam and we had to dig out m47 tanks because we lost so many abrams tanks would that really be a victory?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You absolutely are.

Could you please link to any "Pro-Russian"  comments I've made so I could maybe clear things up. Oh, and just FYI, being anti Zenensky and anti US involvement in the Ukraine war isn't technically Pro-Russian, it just simply means I see Zelensky as the corrupt global puppet he is and that I feel our involvement in a war that's none of our business is going to be a disaster for us.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#39]
BAKHMUT, UKRAINE holds!
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Could you please link to any "pro-russian"  comments I've made so I could maybe clear things up. Oh, and just FYI, being anti Zenensky and anti US involvement in the Ukraine war isn't technically Pro-Russian, it just simply means I see Zelensky as the corrupt global puppet he is and that I feel our involvement in a war that's none of our business is going to be a disaster for us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You absolutely are.

Could you please link to any "pro-russian"  comments I've made so I could maybe clear things up. Oh, and just FYI, being anti Zenensky and anti US involvement in the Ukraine war isn't technically Pro-Russian, it just simply means I see Zelensky as the corrupt global puppet he is and that I feel our involvement in a war that's none of our business is going to be a disaster for us.

Several times, you’ve been caught bloviating about stuff without even understanding the players in the game or the landmarks on the field, yet you know all about Zelinsky?  Putin’s regime is more corrupt, yet you don’t even mention that for some odd reason…
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Could you please link to any "Pro-Russian"  comments I've made so I could maybe clear things up. Oh, and just FYI, being anti Zenensky and anti US involvement in the Ukraine war isn't technically Pro-Russian, it just simply means I see Zelensky as the corrupt global puppet he is and that I feel our involvement in a war that's none of our business is going to be a disaster for us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You absolutely are.

Well, only morons and pro-Russian mouthpieces say things like "Zelensky is a corrupt global puppet", so there you go.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are really only three options to the question of “who do you want to win the conflict?”

- Russia
- Ukraine
- I don’t care

You have already opted out of “I don’t care” with 65 pages in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
BAKHMUT, UKRAINE holds!
View Quote

Thank you for posting, the video was very interesting
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Several times, you've been caught bloviating about stuff without even understanding the players in the game or the landmarks on the field, yet you know all about Zelinsky?  Putin's regime is more corrupt, yet you don't even mention that for some odd reason
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You absolutely are.

Several times, you've been caught bloviating about stuff without even understanding the players in the game or the landmarks on the field, yet you know all about Zelinsky?  Putin's regime is more corrupt, yet you don't even mention that for some odd reason

"Putin's regime is more corrupt, yet you don't even mention that for some odd reason " - Well I have repeatedly stated Putin is a POS, but ok.

As for mentioning Ukriane/Zelensky more, well our troops aren't in Russian, they're in the Ukraine. Our monies and valuable resources aren't going to Russia, they're going to Ukraine and lining Zelensky's pockets. And like I've said before, I couldn't care less about the Ukrainian war other than the stupidity of us getting involved in it and the continuing wasting of our resources.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There are really only three options to the question of "who do you want to win the conflict?"

- Russia
- Ukraine
- I don't care

You have already opted out of "I don't care" with 65 pages in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are really only three options to the question of "who do you want to win the conflict?"

- Russia
- Ukraine
- I don't care

I have repeatedly stated what's important to me, please see my previous posts
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Russia
- Ukraine
- I don't care

You can’t answer the question?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

"Putin's regime is more corrupt, yet you don't even mention that for some odd reason " - Well I have repeatedly stated Putin is a POS, but ok.

As for mentioning Ukriane/Zelensky more, well our troops aren't in Russian, they're in the Ukraine. Our monies and valuable resources aren't going to Russia, they're going to Ukraine and lining Zelensky's pockets. And like I've said before, I couldn't care less about the Ukrainian war other than the stupidity of us getting involved in it and the continuing wasting of our resources.

View Quote

You wrote the English like it was American second grader.  And it is not an adult on keyboard.  And all hail Putler.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

He used the Azov nazis for those kinds of activities.
View Quote
Lol. You probably believe Obama and Nuland installed Zelensky after Maidan too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Interesting

"Ukraine has been attempting to mount a "spring" counteroffensive against Russian forces, but there are indications that the Ukrainian military is still not ready.

Czech President Petr Pavel, who recently met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said, "Apparently, they still have a feeling that they do not have everything to start successfully an operation,"

"It will be extremely harmful to Ukraine if this counteroffensive fails, because they will not have another chance, at least not this year," Pavel said, adding that Ukraine would face "terrible losses" during the counteroffensive and could not afford for it to fail."
Page / 108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top