Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 108
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you think that Russia appreciates that there are people saying stuff on the internet that aligns perfectly with their messaging campaign?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The funny thing is Ukraine is winning this war." - just not in Bakhmut though, right?

Lol, I'm "pro Russian", you crack me up!

You absolutely are.

If the USA invaded Iraq and made it to the outskirts of Baghdad then got pushed back and spent the next 15 months losing ground while Iraq was stronger, who would be winning?

Sure, we held some areas next to Saudi Arabia, but when our stated goal was to remove saddam and we had to dig out m47 tanks because we lost so many abrams tanks would that really be a victory?

Could you please link to any "Pro-Russian"  comments I've made so I could maybe clear things up. Oh, and just FYI, being anti Zenensky and anti US involvement in the Ukraine war isn't technically Pro-Russian, it just simply means I see Zelensky as the corrupt global puppet he is and that I feel our involvement in a war that's none of our business is going to be a disaster for us.

Do you think that Russia appreciates that there are people saying stuff on the internet that aligns perfectly with their messaging campaign?

At least the smart ones are getting paid. I guess some people need a hobby.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont think this meme is accurate. Lol.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have repeatedly stated what's important to me, please see my previous posts
View Quote

Pushing Russian points, for one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]
So who was the vote that finally got this rated a troll thread
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I forgot that was even a thing
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I forgot that was even a thing
View Quote

Mine might have been the first
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm curious, what's your thoughts on the fall of Bakhnut?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I know I'm not super smart like you guys but I thought it was pretty obvious "What happens next?" - More death, destruction, and swindling.
If you claim to not be super smart then why do you post such outlandish claims with such certainty?
Honestly and with respect you would learn more being quiet and reading some of the posts of those who have more knowledge than yourself.  

It's being hyped just like Severodonetsk was last summer, and is only 30 miles away.

If it is lost the line moves a few miles. It likely won't be a pivotal battle of the war. That's the opposing view on why it's being turned into such a big deal and garnering so much attention. Is it going to actually be pivotal? Again, looking back at Severodonetsk for example, it sure doesn't seem like it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't necessarily disagree with you that USA Today is a purveyor of fake news however that doesn't mean they're wrong on this issue. We do give other countries less capable weaponry all the time. It's just going to be interesting to see how effective the Abrams will be with some of the things that make it great removed.
View Quote

Seems it is a problem with managing expectations.

Is Abrams probably better than other comparable systems in Ukraines inventory? I'd wager yes, even if it is an export model.

Will there be instances of Abrams tanks being destroyed? Of course, it is a war.

Is there value added to Ukrainian combat power by getting Abrams? Easy yes.

The propaganda, much like Kinzhal, is framing the capability falsely. The detractors being presented are only detractors if the expectations are invulnerable tanks that will demolish all adversaries on the field. I don't think any reasonable person actually expects that result, except those trying to maximize a propaganda effect when the first destroyed Abrams shows up in telegram.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"The funny thing is Ukraine is winning this war." - just not in Bakhmut though, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"What is the disaster for Ukraine..."

The funny thing is Ukraine is winning this war.

That's what pro Russians such as yourself refuse to accept

At one point Russians were kilometers from Kiev. They're now dead or retreated.

Does that sound like winning or losing?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's being hyped just like Severodonetsk was last summer, and is only 30 miles away.

If it is lost the line moves a few miles. It likely won't be a pivotal battle of the war. That's the opposing view on why it's being turned into such a big deal and garnering so much attention. Is it going to actually be pivotal? Again, looking back at Severodonetsk for example, it sure doesn't seem like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I know I'm not super smart like you guys but I thought it was pretty obvious "What happens next?" - More death, destruction, and swindling.
If you claim to not be super smart then why do you post such outlandish claims with such certainty?
Honestly and with respect you would learn more being quiet and reading some of the posts of those who have more knowledge than yourself.  

The amount of preparation behind the front is amazing. It isn't like they will suddenly jump on the freeway and go anywhere they want. There has been over 14 months of time to prepare for what's next.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The have attempted to mount an offensive?

How did the “attempt” manifest itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting

"Ukraine has been attempting to mount a "spring" counteroffensive against Russian forces, but there are indications that the Ukrainian military is still not ready."

The have attempted to mount an offensive?

How did the “attempt” manifest itself.

He's probably confusing the shaping operations as thee offensive. Like the 1 km taken back around Bakhmut and Prigozhin (remember, he's the leader of Wagner PMC (remember, wagner is a paramilitary contractor-which is also what "PMC" means)) saying the Ukrainians are tearing into the flanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Bakhmut is going the wrong direction for spaghetti
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope ???????? is okay, Russia got pushed back in the city today.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Russia doesn't take it, it means they were never actually trying to and Bakhmut doesn't actually matter that much after all.   Because of all the sour grapes stored there or something, I guess.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 7:56:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wish it was me but I realized op and his thread were trolls a while back.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If Russia doesn't take it, it means they were never actually trying to and Bakhmut doesn't actually matter that much after all.   Because of all the sour grapes stored there or something, I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I look forward to hearing someday the arc of Bakhmut from the Russian side and the rise and fall of the human wave tactics ordered there. They could have continued those tactics longer...in short (I think) the politics of Wagner and shortages of hardware and ammo and/or the ability to actually distribute that stuff throughout the theater led to where we are now. I know their moral is in the bucket but I think they could still muster suicide squads from prisons, especially if Putin hadn't cut off Wagner from their special treatment and pardons.

Of course this is all local to Bakhmut and Wagner. The rest of the army proper doesn't have the stomach for that so Bakhmut is a data sampling for Ukraine how the regular army will fold (since there's regulars there now too as I understand it).
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I look forward to hearing someday the arc of Bakhmut from the Russian side and the rise and fall of the human wave tactics ordered there. They could have continued those tactics longer...in short (I think) the politics of Wagner and shortages of hardware and ammo and/or the ability to actually distribute that stuff throughout the theater led to where we are now. I know their moral is in the bucket but I think they could still muster suicide squads from prisons, especially if Putin hadn't cut off Wagner from their special treatment and pardons.

Of course this is all local to Bakhmut and Wagner. The rest of the army proper doesn't have the stomach for that so Bakhmut is a data sampling for Ukraine how the regular army will fold (since there's regulars there now too as I understand it).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fully expect to see some dude on the history channel saying stuff like "...Putler was growing very concerned about the public perception on the home front of the Bakhmut debacle and the Wagner Orcs loyal to Prigozhin. FSB reports indicated the public viewed Prigozhin as a good leader and more favorable than Putin, who appeared distant and showed no regard for the lives of his people...for those reasons, Wagner had to be nipped in the bud..."
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Do we believe the Ukrainian claim of a successful counter attack near Bakhmut today?  

It was first announced by Prigozhin, the infamous war reporter.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do we believe the Ukrainian claim of a successful counter attack near Bakhmut today?
View Quote

Personally, I’m in the “more likely than not” range, it’ll be interesting to see what the maps show in a couple days.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Personally, I’m in the “more likely than not” range, it’ll be interesting to see what the maps show in a couple days.
View Quote

Supposedly Prigo was the first to break the news which is semi-significant to me when rating the credibility. We know the Ukrainian propensity for not publicizing their counter-attacks immediately. In the case of Kherson at least, that was quite a few days of heavy reliance on Russian sourced reporting.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#24]
This one shows them running away.

Dimitri has a better video. Tanks running over positions, and troops shooting them as they dig out. Brutal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Remember when Bakhmut was supposed to be captured by Feb 22, May 9, now ???
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It was first announced by Prigozhin, the infamous war reporter.

View Quote

Prigozhin is being especially defeatist today lol

Always have to qualify, that the propaganda is thick so you can't even trust the translations, but he said the 72nd lost 3 square kilometers of Bakhmut today.

Not sure about the next part but something to the effect of 500 Wagner had died taking those positions.

So I'm seeing very similar to what you posted

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice to see a "shit on Ukraine, 10% percent for the big guy, bio labs! zelensky is corrupt! money laundering!! when 99 percent of the aid is material..guess they are laundering arty shells and tanks now.." thread to finally be recognized as a troll thread.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 3:45:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I heard once the roads dry up (something to do with serious mud) Russian will make a significant push.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well Moscow has been telling everyone it's not about the map it's about denazification and demilitarization. So supposedly now that Bakhmut is taken according to Russia, tanks should be rolling to the Dnipr tomorrow. That's been the sakes pitch for a year of map explanations. That being said Kupiansk is also a place to keep tabs on. Ukraine finally got tanks and weather is changing, we'll find out where the rubber meets the road. ujraine has made no further major gains since fall but it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

I heard once the roads dry up (something to do with serious mud) Russian will make a significant push.

roads have dried up, where is that significant russian push? lol

the only push happening right now is Russia getting pushed back, lol
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 3:47:21 AM EDT
[#29]
hell even russian oligarchs are investing in Ukrainian war bonds, they know russia has done lost the war!

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/05/09/three-reasons-to-be-optimistic-about-ukraines-impending-counteroffensive-on-russia/

Marchuk’s optimism about forthcoming Ukrainian offensive operations was inspired by three factors.

1. The delivery of Western air defense systems, which have deterred the entry of Russian aircraft onto the frontlines and complemented the “incredible heroism of Ukrainians and the unusual military strategy and tactics of Ukraine.”

2. The effectiveness of Ukrainian psychological warfare against Russia. Marchuk emphasized growing fissures within Russia’s political system and society that play to Ukraine’s advantage. In addition to capital outflows, Marchuk claimed that Russian elites are making contacts within Ukraine to protect themselves.

He alleged that “a large number of oligarchs are investing in Ukrainian military bonds, as they are aware that Russia has lost the war.” Marchuk also highlighted “serious disagreements” amongst the pro-Russian figures in the occupied territories and claimed that even in Crimea, Kremlin proteges are preparing to flee or cooperate with the Ukrainian military. …

In contrast to the divisions in Russia, Marchuk highlighted Ukraine’s extraordinary unity as a major asset. Marchuk recalled that when Russia attacked Kyiv, “mobilization queues were one and a half kilometers long,” and support from the West and foreign legions of Belarusians, Georgians, and Russians bolstered their morale. This unity persisted despite Russia’s efforts to corrode Ukraine from within. …

3. GUR’s tactical versatility, which was evident from its response to the Kyiv offensive. Marchuk stated that “We turned all the strengths of the Russians, such as their advantage in technology, into weaknesses.”
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Ukrainian military claims successful counterattack in Bakhmut

The Ukrainian military has inflicted “huge losses” on Russian forces in a successful counterattack near the eastern city of Bakhmut on Wednesday, according to Ukrainian officials.

Speaking in a video shared on Telegram, Andriy Biletsky, head of Ukraine's 3rd Assault Brigade, said "units of the 72nd Brigade of the Russian Federation were defeated."

The "6th and 8th companies of the division" had been "completely destroyed" along with a significant number of armored fighting vehicles, he added.

Biletsky said a "significant number of prisoners" were taken and "the 3rd Assault unit of Wagner also suffered heavy losses," referring to the Russian private military company -- or mercenary group -- that is playing a major role in the battles around Bakhmut.

The offensive action "completely freed" an area 3 kilometers (1.9 miles) wide and 2.6 kilometers (1.6 miles) deep of Russian forces, he said. No exact location was given.

The spokesperson for the Ukrainian Armed Forces, Serhii Cherevatyi, added that the battle was “still ongoing” but that “the enemy is suffering huge losses in this area.” He said that 203 were killed and 216 wounded.

He also noted that there was “no shortage of shells, but a shortage of people”. The spokesman said that there had been 524 attacks on Ukrainian positions around Bakhmut. Russia has suffered heavy losses in their months-long battle for the city, but have not yet been able to capture it.

“If they [Wagner] don’t get more personnel or change their tactics, in the near future, PMC Wagner will no longer exist in this area,” Cherevatyi added.

Some context: Bakhmut is the site of a long, drawn-out assault by Russian forces, including Wagner mercenaries, that has driven thousands from their homes and left the area devastated. But despite the vast amounts of manpower and resources Moscow has poured into capturing the city, they have been unable to take total control.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Even Prigozhin himself admits Russia has not yet had a victory in the war.

"Prigozhin tirade: Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin launched the latest in a series of rants directed at Russia’s military leadership, claiming his troops were "blatantly lied to" after he received only "10%" of the support he had been pledged to help sustain the fight Bakhmut. Prigozhin also questioned how Victory Day celebrations could be underway in Moscow, when "we haven’t earned that victory one millimeter."

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nice to see a "shit on Ukraine, 10% percent for the big guy, bio labs! zelensky is corrupt! money laundering!! when 99 percent of the aid is material..guess they are laundering arty shells and tanks now.." thread to finally be recognized as a troll thread.
View Quote

That is not true:

These stats are even old:

Stats
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Even Prigozhin himself admits Russia has not yet had a victory in the war.

"Prigozhin tirade: Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin launched the latest in a series of rants directed at Russia’s military leadership, claiming his troops were "blatantly lied to" after he received only "10%" of the support he had been pledged to help sustain the fight Bakhmut. Prigozhin also questioned how Victory Day celebrations could be underway in Moscow, when "we haven’t earned that victory one millimeter."

View Quote

Sour grapes from a leader shitting on his fallen comrades.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
hell even russian oligarchs are investing in Ukrainian war bonds, they know russia has done lost the war!

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/05/09/three-reasons-to-be-optimistic-about-ukraines-impending-counteroffensive-on-russia/

Marchuk’s optimism about forthcoming Ukrainian offensive operations was inspired by three factors.

1. The delivery of Western air defense systems, which have deterred the entry of Russian aircraft onto the frontlines and complemented the “incredible heroism of Ukrainians and the unusual military strategy and tactics of Ukraine.”

2. The effectiveness of Ukrainian psychological warfare against Russia. Marchuk emphasized growing fissures within Russia’s political system and society that play to Ukraine’s advantage. In addition to capital outflows, Marchuk claimed that Russian elites are making contacts within Ukraine to protect themselves.

He alleged that “a large number of oligarchs are investing in Ukrainian military bonds, as they are aware that Russia has lost the war.” Marchuk also highlighted “serious disagreements” amongst the pro-Russian figures in the occupied territories and claimed that even in Crimea, Kremlin proteges are preparing to flee or cooperate with the Ukrainian military. …

In contrast to the divisions in Russia, Marchuk highlighted Ukraine’s extraordinary unity as a major asset. Marchuk recalled that when Russia attacked Kyiv, “mobilization queues were one and a half kilometers long,” and support from the West and foreign legions of Belarusians, Georgians, and Russians bolstered their morale. This unity persisted despite Russia’s efforts to corrode Ukraine from within. …

3. GUR’s tactical versatility, which was evident from its response to the Kyiv offensive. Marchuk stated that “We turned all the strengths of the Russians, such as their advantage in technology, into weaknesses.”
View Quote

I too trust high level Intel officials. They would never lie.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ukrainian military claims successful counterattack in Bakhmut

The Ukrainian military has inflicted “huge losses” on Russian forces in a successful counterattack near the eastern city of Bakhmut on Wednesday, according to Ukrainian officials.

Speaking in a video shared on Telegram, Andriy Biletsky, head of Ukraine's 3rd Assault Brigade, said "units of the 72nd Brigade of the Russian Federation were defeated."

The "6th and 8th companies of the division" had been "completely destroyed" along with a significant number of armored fighting vehicles, he added.

Biletsky said a "significant number of prisoners" were taken and "the 3rd Assault unit of Wagner also suffered heavy losses," referring to the Russian private military company -- or mercenary group -- that is playing a major role in the battles around Bakhmut.

The offensive action "completely freed" an area 3 kilometers (1.9 miles) wide and 2.6 kilometers (1.6 miles) deep of Russian forces, he said. No exact location was given.

The spokesperson for the Ukrainian Armed Forces, Serhii Cherevatyi, added that the battle was “still ongoing” but that “the enemy is suffering huge losses in this area.” He said that 203 were killed and 216 wounded.

He also noted that there was “no shortage of shells, but a shortage of people”. The spokesman said that there had been 524 attacks on Ukrainian positions around Bakhmut. Russia has suffered heavy losses in their months-long battle for the city, but have not yet been able to capture it.

“If they [Wagner] don’t get more personnel or change their tactics, in the near future, PMC Wagner will no longer exist in this area,” Cherevatyi added.

Some context: Bakhmut is the site of a long, drawn-out assault by Russian forces, including Wagner mercenaries, that has driven thousands from their homes and left the area devastated. But despite the vast amounts of manpower and resources Moscow has poured into capturing the city, they have been unable to take total control.

View Quote

1.5 miles deep puts them near the train station.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol I knew bad news for russia would ruffle some feathers here, thank you for being that first feather.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Russias 72nd brigade got there ass handed to them in Bakhmut yesterday!! Ran like a bunch of bitches they are. Not looking good for OPs team.  Lol...
3 square km took back in one day, it took Russia 9 months to get that piece hahahahaha.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-unit-says-russian-brigade-flees-bakhmut-outskirts-2023-05-10/
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Russias 72nd brigade got there ass handed to them in Bakhmut yesterday!! Ran like a bunch of bitches they are. Not looking good for OPs team.  Lol...
3 square km took back in one day, it took Russia 9 months to get that piece hahahahaha.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ukraine-unit-says-russian-brigade-flees-bakhmut-outskirts-2023-05-10/
View Quote

This looks like a leadership failure all around.  What a shit show.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently Russian regular troops refuse to communicate with Wagner troops who the 72nd was guarding the flanks of, retreated and Wagner who is central to the fight in bakhmut had no clue Ukraine was assaulting the the 72nd's line. There is  alot of Infighting and ego along the front lines between the two and is hampering any cooperation between them. So yes leadership is either Incompetent or just down right ignorant on how to fight and communicate with combined arms, Ukraine does not have that problem.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Does this mean Ann Margaret's not coming?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Does this mean Ann Margaret's not coming?
View Quote

Mostly
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:55:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes, (quite often) the Trolls end up serving a higher purpose.  

What’s the latest update from Bakhmut?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol,  where's OP today? Waiting for his talking points?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lol,  where's OP today? Waiting for his talking points?
View Quote

The Best category of Threads is:  “Threads that did Not age well”.

They have all the good stuff:    Irony, Willful Ignorance, schadenfreude, poetic justice, life lessons. courage, cowardice, greed, spankings; essentially, all the things that make life interesting.  

I hope to hell we can keep this thread alive.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Other than grinding bodies, which will have an effect on the AFU ability to fight, not much else.

Both sides lost a lot of face, Russia demonstrated that a glacial advance is still the greatest extent of their capability and Ukraine appears to have pissed away men in order to ruin a parade.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Other than grinding bodies, which will have an effect on the AFU ability to fight, not much else.

Both sides lost a lot of face, arguably Russia demonstrated that a glacial advance is still the greatest extent of their capability and Ukraine appears to have pissed away men in order to ruin a parade.
View Quote

What was it about the parade that was ruined?
Page / 108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top