[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this was the best ever

bullf-16 Roasted that for me

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222783/20201023_16321-2221610.jpg

it was so very good

View Quote

Used to get the green beans and roast them in a a air popper. Second best was the coffee delivered to grocery stores every morning by little yellow trucks in San Juan.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 5:46:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Ethiopian at some restaurant in Addis Ababa. Beans were picked green at the beginning of the meal, roasted during the meal and then served at the end.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:07:10 AM EDT
[#4]
https://operatorcoffee.com/collections/medium-roast/products/roast-22-neveralone?variant=31770808451133

I was putting a order in with Brownells and they were carrying this coffee.
So I order a bag, It ends up being the best coffee I ever had.
My Wife tries it and she says the same thing.
Brownells isn't handling it at the moment so I buy direct from the company.
Great company helps support Veterns too
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:13:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Red Rock Roasters Kilimanjaro... I picked some up at a coffee shop in Soccoro, NM and it was fantastic!

At the time I bought it, I didn't really pay attention to the roaster but after tasting it, called the coffee house and they directed me to Red Rock Roasters and ordered more...

Unfortunately hey haven't had it for years.... I email them every once in awhile to see if they will ever get more in...
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Plain ol' Folger's Hazelnut - brewed in a plain ol' eleven-dollar Chinese drip coffeemaker.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Tanzanian Peaberry full city roast.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#9]
The shit I had in Dominican Republic fresh made. It was so good I bought like 5 bags to bring home. But the fresh made stuff on the beach was unmatched.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Kona coffee 100%

Phillz coffee shop in the SF area. The only thing that was great being in that part of the area.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Best I’ve ever had or ever will have.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Try the Lindo brand
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:19:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Whatever the hell these guys use. Best coffee I've ever had.

Havana Exclusive

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:29:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:32:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Really liking HEB's "San Antonio" blend currently.

Steam a little of their sweet cream and add to it, really good.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Plain ol' Folger's Hazelnut - brewed in a plain ol' eleven-dollar Chinese drip coffeemaker.

View Quote
Yep. I find these threads amusing
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:41:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Coffee is like wine, what matters is where it is grown.
I love Costa Rican coffee. Any "brand'.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looking to acquire some new coffee to try. What’s you go to, last brand you could ever buy for the rest of your life?
View Quote

Try any decent brand that sources from Sumatra in Indonesia.  Damn good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I have to fully confess being a complete and utter script as it pertains to coffee.

I'm perfectly happy with Dunkin that runs through the automatic drip. Same with McDonalds at the store.

Don't get me wrong, had some kick ass coffee in Germany and some breakfast restaurant near Gainesville Texas (think they have a location in Denton too). I enjoy actual, legit good coffee.

I'm sure all the French press, grind your own, get this special bean off this one tree in Lower Slombiva types are legitimately better in all ways. And I totally want to try all of them, but my laziness keeps bringing me back to starting the pot in the morning of good ole Dunkin.

I'll standby for the mocking and laughter now lol.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Not the best I’m sure but 8 O’Clock Coffees 100% Columbia an whole bean is a damn good coffee you can find just about at any grocery store in US.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The best came from Brazil. My buddy is married to a women from there. When they visit her family, he always brings back a decent amount. It's very potent. No brand name, however.
I just placed an order at Mount Rushmore coffee company. Unlike BRCC, they really are patriotic.
View Quote
You are correct. My uncle married a Brazilian and worked for Petrobras for 30 years. He'd fly back annually with a bunch of the best no name coffee I've ever had. That stuff got me through grad school.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Our 16 month Combat Engineering course ended in a final fieldEX. Running around for 10 days in the Belgian Ardennes. Non-stop putting up obstacles / demolishing other obstacles. Some obstacles we were "shot out" of the objective by the enemy force simulated by the instructors, other times we would spend 10 hours underneath an overpass bridge rigging it to blow with simulated charges. Our track would get "destroyed" but somehow we managed to "save" the massive Engineering Box on top (yay...) so we would have to E&E overland to a spot carrying that box and then still working obstacles on foot from that location. I think I slept like 10 hours the entire 10 days and my entire body was one giant stress-fracture.

At the end we had our "final test". First we had to clear an LZ in the woods using chainsaws and detcording some trees. Next in the same clearing we had to report one by one to the instructors in our fill kit including bergen. They grilled you for an hour, everything from having to list the entire contents of the pioneer-specific kit on our track, to pulling out the receiver of a .50 and having us take it apart/back together, to the exact size and dimensions of 10 different mines, and explaining what each specific danger was and how we would remove them. They would also critique you on the mistakes you made on each obstacle, and ask where you could improve.

They conferred at the end. If you failed they told you and the RSM would come and take you away to the barracks.

If you passed they pulled out a thermos with hot coffee and a bottle of rum.

Best damned coffee I've ever had.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Kauai Coffee Company... Big Braddah's roast.
I order 5lb bags.
Da Kine
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Onyx Coffee Lab
They are out of Nothwest Arkansas. They source their own coffee all over the world and then roast it in house .

They have several cafes in NWA but you can buy their coffee online as well.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:17:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Kona Joe Peaberry
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Commercially available, that would be whatever Original Pancake House brews.
I've been to several of their restaurants, and no matter what city, their coffee is fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Don Pablo Espresso Roast.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Royal York.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Coffee from Split Croatia.  No matter what cafe you go to, its the best coffee I've every had.  I think the water has alot to do with it.

Regards
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#33]
It appears that peoples best coffee has a significant mental component attached to how and where they acquired the coffee.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Looking to acquire some new coffee to try. What’s you go to, last brand you could ever buy for the rest of your life?
View Quote

Absolutely by far the best coffee I have ever had.

https://www.weirdbrothers.com/store/p165/Lumber_Jacked.html
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#35]
My wife & I went to Seattle after several trips to Europe.  We’ve both always preferred dark roast coffee, having had it in various cafes & hotels in Paris, France, where the coffee was—without exception—as perfect as their bread.  I don’t know the logistics of either the coffee or bread distribution in Paris, but a waiter at one hotel told us “Italian roast coffee” was what they served, but he wasn’t able to confirm brand.

With that background and trip to Seattle in the 1990s for music & coffee; we tried innumerable coffees in Seattle & found Peet’s Sumatran, made with drip technique, most closely matched our memory of Paris.

Been drinking it for about 15 years, maybe more.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:51:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Try the Lindo brand
View Quote

I understood that reference.gif

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It appears that peoples best coffee has a significant mental component attached to how and where they acquired the coffee.
View Quote

Have you ever heard the story about Tom Petty’s love of Maxwell House coffee?

He stopped in to a diner and had some coffee. He thought it was the best coffee ever, so he asked the owner for the brand. Owner tells him Maxwell House. Surprised by the answer, Petty then has the diner owner show him the coffee maker machine and all the other components used. He orders all the exact equipment for his house that the diner used, and drinks nothing but Maxwell House coffee for the rest of his life. To him, it was the perfect cup of coffee.

Maxwell House.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#38]
When I was policing, we were doing an accident reconstruction during
the winter with snow on the roads. It took a while and near the end this
guy in a house nearby came out with a silver tray with a coffee pot, milk
and sugar. He said his wife fixed it for us. It was a blend of about three
different coffees. It was very good, but I have never been able to get
it as good as she fixed.

Background was a drunk guy in a van hit a teenager walking at the road's
edge. It was touch and go, but he did survive. The driver never stopped.
We did get him and he plead out to a reduced charge.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:06:21 AM EDT
[#39]
After some difficult nights in the field, someone came up with some coffee, and a clean sock. We teabagged that in a canteen cup of near boiling water and passed it around.  It's been nearly 35 years, still remember how refreshing that was.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#40]
1.  Fly to Northern Italy.
2.  Find nearest Cafe

This also works in France, Switzerland and Austria
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
True Kona from Hawaii.  My mom brought me some from one of her trips.
View Quote

This.

A good amount of Kona Coffee around is a blend or fake. To get the real deal, you have to buy it from producers in Hawaii.

Http://Www.bigislandcoffeeroasters.com is legit and has(when available) coffee from Maui and the other Islands. The stuff is not cheap as it is low production that involves very high hands-on labor to produce, so be prepared for a bit of sticker shock.

It is also one of the best coffees I have ever tasted. Even straight up black it is delicious.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Peet’s Major Dicksens blend.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#44]
For mass-produced, industrial-scale coffee, Douwe Egbert's Aroma Rood is fucking outstanding.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Tensing Pen in Negril, Jamaica. Whatever they served every morning
View Quote

That was most likely Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee.
Very high quality, low production coffee that is graded by the altitude it is grown at. The highest grade is on par per pound cost as actual Kona coffee and is amazing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Kona coffee in Kauai was amazing.  It was so smooth and bright tasting, I have never been able to recreate it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#47]
I get mine from Rey's Roast

Small batch roaster in Dayton, Wa.  I'm stuck with decaf and this is good coffee, most decaf tastes bad compared to the real stuff.
He's got a variety of beans, and you can get whole bean or various grinds.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Without getting too "artisan" or pricey:
Quoted:
Folgers Black Silk filtered through two brown paper filters.
View Quote

This.
And Green Mountain Dark Magic.
Both readily available and reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Cafe Britt from Costa Rica
Illy is the Starbucks of Italy but far superior
Lavazza is decent
Island Blue from Jamaica
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Camping with @TomJefferson near Clarkesville, GA.  @TomJefferson had some fresh roasted beans and we crushed them with the butt of a knife and made the best cup of coffee I've ever had.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top