User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:40:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I provided no additional commentary until there was an pretty obvious personal personal attack to which I responded.

Obviously folks here are pretty passionate about their knockoffs and this has turned into a full on dumpster fire of Simpsons, Big Lewboski, and some guy I think who used to be on SNL memes attempting to justify their actions.

Enjoy you counterfeit product(s)... I am permanently stepping off this train.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right after you point out the part where I said that you personally attacked me.

I can show you where you’ve lied right here in this thread...
Click To View Spoiler

As for “ceding the moral high ground”...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xUNd9Wd8iNaRwGyPCM/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bb6f4c8306a594b776e9e3f
I provided no additional commentary until there was an pretty obvious personal personal attack to which I responded.

Obviously folks here are pretty passionate about their knockoffs and this has turned into a full on dumpster fire of Simpsons, Big Lewboski, and some guy I think who used to be on SNL memes attempting to justify their actions.

It isn’t a personal attack to point out that you are decrying other’s “lack of integrity” and do not have 100% feedback, no matter how badly you wish it to be.

As for being “passionate about their knockoffs”
A. I don’t have one yet, It might suck. I’ll give as accurate a review as I can.
B. 90% ish of the posters in this thread who own these knockoffs have posted some variant of the phrase “it isn’t a Microtech” in reference to quality, construction, and/or materials.
C. If you’re not rocking only Armalites, you’re being hilariously hypocritical.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Let’s just get back to talking about OTF’s.

I got my first otf from the edge company when I was 12, my uncle ordered it for me cod.

I had a plethora of butterfly knives and switchblades since I was 7, I still have the dragon lock butterfly knife my father gave me for my 9th birthday.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok... how does this utx-85 on the EE have the same date and serial # as the pictures one on blade hq???

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

either  he bought the very knife from blade hq. Or there's a bunch of the same coming in from China.

hummmm, I wonder?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right after you point out the part where I said that you personally attacked me.

I can show you where you’ve lied right here in this thread...
Click To View Spoiler

As for “ceding the moral high ground”...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xUNd9Wd8iNaRwGyPCM/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bb6f4c8306a594b776e9e3f

just get @dk-prof to chime in. If there's personal attacks, or this thread is supporting illegal activity, or whatever.

ETA: I threw dk-prof's name out, because I know he's into blades, at least swords he's knowledgeable on.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If there's personal attacks, or this thread is supporting illegal activity, or whatever.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If there's personal attacks, or this thread is supporting illegal activity, or whatever.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dh5vW6tV4AAzzmm.jpg
Meh, I don't have a dog in the fight. I just wanted the purse swinging to stop.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Yikes, this thread devolved quickly.

I agree that the blatant copyright infringement is rediculous. A scrubbed product would be fine by me. The quality of what I received is very good. Excellent for the price as a matter of fact.

Microtech is not losing my business as I would not spend over $150 for a knife. And my purchases are going to be used and abused. Not planning on ripping anyone off, they'll probably end up broke or lost anyway...in which case I'm not out a lot of money.

What this thread has educated me on is that the clones of several products are very good and I doubt I will be buying  these types of products from the ee (as shown above) or on ebay. Buyer beware as copies are all over the place.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Trainwreck and CC 4
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top