Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Chain flail.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Tomahawks are neat.  War-hammers are bad-ass looking.  But efficacy for quickly engaging multiples (like a riot situation).  I say baseball bat.  Those other tools will get stuck on and in your attackers.  What say you?
View Quote

Your premise is false. Seems the Vikings made great Headway with it did they not
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By C-4:

+1

I'd want shorter than longer.  Many say that a 6" knife is perfect in a close-in situation.  Short enough that it doesn't get entangled in people/clothing/objects, but long enough to reach deeply into organs (heart, lungs, spleen, liver, aorta).  

But in keeping with your theme, the Xiphos from the movie Troy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z5UKystdZg
View Quote

I see your fight, but i like the fight between Achilles and Hector. Uses shield, spear, and sword. Skills on both parts (but we already knew Hector was going to lose)
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This^^^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chainsaw... Or light Saber  

This^^^

There's a polearm for that, too.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Something blunt, sharp stuff can get stuck.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RogerBall:

I see your fight, but i like the fight between Achilles and Hector. Uses shield, spear, and sword. Skills on both parts (but we already knew Hector was going to lose)
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAtbzV8CTV0
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RogerBall:

+1

I'd want shorter than longer.  Many say that a 6" knife is perfect in a close-in situation.  Short enough that it doesn't get entangled in people/clothing/objects, but long enough to reach deeply into organs (heart, lungs, spleen, liver, aorta).  

But in keeping with your theme, the Xiphos from the movie Troy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z5UKystdZg

I see your fight, but i like the fight between Achilles and Hector. Uses shield, spear, and sword. Skills on both parts (but we already knew Hector was going to lose)
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAtbzV8CTV0

Now I have to watch the movie tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Chainsaw bayonet
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
When I was a younger man I kept a chunk of 440 volt cable about as long as my forearm in my car between the seat and the door. Very effective, and in neighboring states it was not immediately obviously a weapon. These days I just carry 1911s.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:30:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Bale2011:
War club
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
Hammer 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rWHqVOPdMw
View All Quotes
Hammer 

Before I could buy a handgun I kept a claw hammer under the front seat of the truck.

One time a homeless guy came running up to me and my spidey sense said "clear leather" so I pulled out the claw hammer, I have never seen somebody backpedal and change directions so fast in my life.

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
Oh man, how about the Bat-chete?  $104 on Amazon! All the impact force of a baseball bat with the cutting and slashing ability of a machete without the danger of overpenetration and loding in bone!
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91qkbdZu11L._SL1500_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81-y7iJ5PpL._SL1500_.jpg

Somebody shop this into the "AR-15 accessories" making fun of the media
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rojoko:
Grenade FTW.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Traditional double edged karambit.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SeanC:
Something blunt, sharp stuff can get stuck.
View Quote

@DOW

A short stick is good because it is light enough to thrust easily, but can also be swung.  We’ve done a lot of stick work in the dojo, everything from a 1.8 meter bo for bojutsu down to a short 8” stick to help with joint locks in jujutsu

The issue with a baseball bat is it is a little heavy and not well balanced except for swinging ( well duh, it’s a baseball bat) and there are some very good defenses against it where you rush in while they take it back to swing it, or after they swing and you come in before they can swing again.  I wish I could find some good video demonstrating it.  One thing about a baseball bat, though, is you can carry it around with a baseball glove and it looks completely normal.  You can’t do that with a 1 1/2 to 2’ stick.  Don’t forget to practice using it as a thrusting blunt force weapon to the neck/thread and face.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Hammer 

View Quote

That whole movie is crazy.  Worth watching.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By squirrel_herder:
Traditional double edged karambit.
View Quote

Just don’t cut yourself with it.  We’ve done a decent amount of training with them.  They can be horrific on your opponent and difficult to defend against.  I know people who carry them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#18]
G19. . Pretty everything carried in your car is illegal
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#19]
oops double tap
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

Yep, you wouldn't even have to throw it.  The bad guys would just run away.

Kind of like racking a round in on a pump action shotgun.
View Quote

To be fair though, once the spoon has deployed you're going to want to throw it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Now I have to watch the movie tomorrow.
View Quote

If you ever read Homer, don't bother.

Stupid movie is stupid.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Glock 20SF and several spare mags.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:07:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By epthunter:
G19. . Pretty everything carried in your car is illegal
View Quote

Before I turned 21 I always had a ball, glove and a aluminum bat in my car.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#24]
2 socks filled with parking lot gravel is good against multiple people.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I vote halberd.

A baseball bat or club you can’t really thrust and stab with, I mean, you can try, but I don’t think it would be as effective as something with a point.

Plus, if it were me, plus from my experience with foam weapons, I want some distance between me and others.

If things are to the point where I am making hits on multiple targets with a short sword or club, I am probably screwed, if I can hit them, they can probably hit me.

Keep moving and as one target gets near you can swing around and try to kill them. It’s more difficult for them to judge the distance of a long weapon. Having one foot take a big step and thrusting can close a distance of 6 feet or however many in a couple of seconds.

You can easily see the length advantage, have two people, one with 6 foot stick and one with 3 foot. Or try one with each and have people try to get to you. Ok, maybe not easy as you need people to do this.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:22:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel like an ASP baton would be way more efficient than a baseball bat. Between the length of the bat and the weight, you have a hard time pulling hits. If you put a lot behind a swing and miss you're fucked.

something small  and agile yet strong as hell like the baton would be something I'd rather have.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:

To be fair though, once the spoon has deployed you're going to want to throw it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Elvis121:
Originally Posted By MotorMouth:

Yep, you wouldn't even have to throw it.  The bad guys would just run away.

Kind of like racking a round in on a pump action shotgun.

To be fair though, once the spoon has deployed you're going to want to throw it.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I think the spear is the best combat weapon. So in this case I think a shortened spear, say a bow staff length with a pointy metal end would be awesome.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Bruce Lee - Best Ever Nunchaku Demonstration
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FDrifting:
I feel like an ASP baton would be way more efficient than a baseball bat. Between the length of the bat and the weight, you have a hard time pulling hits. If you put a lot behind a swing and miss you're fucked. 

something small  and agile yet strong as hell like the baton would be something I'd rather have.
View Quote

That's why you use a short, small aluminum bat. They are highly underrated. A miss with a asp is still a wild miss.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:48:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By maleante:
Bow staff
View Quote

If there's anything I learned from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles video game, the Bo Staff is too slow against multiple opponents.

Also, Tsais and nunchucks lack range.

A katana is just right.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
Oh man, how about the Bat-chete?  $104 on Amazon! All the impact force of a baseball bat with the cutting and slashing ability of a machete without the danger of overpenetration and lodging in bone!
View Quote

That makes me want to salute the flag in nothing but my my flag underwear while singing the national anthem. 'Merkuh! Fuck yeah!
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#36]
A Hi-Point when it runs out of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By shadowmaker1969:
2 socks filled with parking lot gravel is good against multiple people.....
View Quote

Its not whizz bang tactical...

I like my sap gloves and a kabar
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:03:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:
That's why you use a short, small aluminum bat. They are highly underrated. A miss with a asp is still a wild miss.
View Quote

You might think so, but the truth is that hollow aluminum bats just do not have the mass to cause enough damage to stop someone. If you must use a bat or club, it should be made of wood or solid metal. Asps suffer the same issue - they're too lightweight, and while a skull strike will drop someone, a fighter smart enough to protect his head can easily step inside your range and put you down. Observe:

The best melee weapons are going to be edged, and although I previously made a tongue-in-cheek reference to the staff or pole fighting in The Matrix, I'm going to have to give it to the katana.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Riveted for your pleasure.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:10:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Axe handle or ball peen if you don’t like knives for some reason. Brass knuckles, saps, and black jacks are good, too. Never cared for baseball bats.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:15:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
I think the spear is the best combat weapon. So in this case I think a shortened spear, say a bow staff length with a pointy metal end would be awesome.
View Quote

The bow staff is actually quite good at cutting skin because of the right angle at the end, but yes a pointy metal thing at the end is better.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#44]
got her last week on sale at midway. anyone know if an etool cover will fit?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By PeteyPete:
Cardio, seriously. Most people can’t run a quarter mile without gassing out. 

I’m a BJJ guy, but if you’re fighting multiple people, some type of boxing or kickboxing would probably be your best bet. The goal would be to incapacitate one person quickly and change the odds to 1 on 1. Truth be told, if you’re going against 2 or more dudes that know how to fight and are aggressive, you’re probably screwed no matter what.
View Quote

We have a winner.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:20:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By fike:
Bat’leth
View Quote

Lightsaber
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#47]
A roofing hammer is an excellent short range weapon. A tire iron works in a pinch. It's kind of hard to explain why you have swords or baseball bats wrapped with barbed wire in your car.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#48]
A Zulu assegai.  A short stabbing spear, but with an edge you can use for slashing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:34:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oh man, how about the Bat-chete?  $104 on Amazon! All the impact force of a baseball bat with the cutting and slashing ability of a machete without the danger of overpenetration and lodging in bone!
View Quote
Edge alignment?  This is why most swords don't have round handles.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Milwaukee battery chainsaw. But I know from experience that a Stihl weed whacker with their wicked brush blade will definitely deter a group of urban utes from fucking with the crazy ass cracker grassman.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top