Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeep Anvil. Because it's non-metallic

Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Purple

Grey (usually) goes, blue, brown, green, purple, white, or black.
View Quote
You are seeing purple hues or is purple part of the paint? I edited what I was trying to say, kind of.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Ford Dark Shadow Grey and Magnetic Grey.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
This if you have to have dark metallic gray.

Ford's Avalanche is really good looking to me for some reason, it's a light non metallic gray Shelby's and Raptor's come in this color.

On another note House Of Kolors root beer is one of my favorites like I want a old 240Z in this color.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
BMW Singapore and space Grey

GM Cyber Grey
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Going with Jeep Anvil grey too.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
This question has no value to anyone

Out of the competitive and infinitely organized and random circumstance that is the 5 billion years of known creation and theorized evolution, at the height of information, and knowledge being it's most attainable, the most free it has ever been, using technology that would make you a god in any other previous era, out of the abyss of meaningful and indefinite questions that could ever materialize in the lobes and between the neurons in the miracle that is your mind, you decide to ask complete fucking strangers what color of average they like so you can briefly consider them?

You have more computing power in use right now than the fucking Mercury space program and you're seeking added information on the color grey?  That's like asking someone if they could help you with "metallic-flecked average"

And why? Because you don't know yourself enough to figure out what you like?  You can't figure out the color grey?  It's grey.

This shit was written in the book of revelations I swear, near the end of times

"And before the lamb showed up, some guy kinda partially broke half of the first seal and hence forth came indecision and paralysis of thought and self-inflicted mediocre paradox, someone who couldn't figure out how much white paint to mix with black paint to make the color grey, with just the perfectly-adequate amount of metallic shit to make it sparkly but not-too-much-because-it's-not-the-70's-anymore after you repeatedly wax it because some people are so devoid of meaningful personal insight on themselves that they resort to asking others their opinions on auto paint colors.  And he held a spray can up on high, and he sayeth "that shit's really fucking important".  And a taupe-ish beige-like sorta tan-colored horse followed with him, and behold his name was Completely Fucking Clueless, and continuously seeking validation followed with him"

If you were thinking of defusing bombs for a living, please reconsider
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You are seeing purple hues or is purple part of the paint? I edited what I was trying to say, kind of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Purple

Grey (usually) goes, blue, brown, green, purple, white, or black.
That particular grey has to first transition through purples to get to blue.

ETA: Speaking strictly from a color theory perspective (end result) and not of the actual automotive application, layers, etc.

ETA2: Just cause I dig this stuff....

Comparing another Civic grey (Sonic Grey) which uses blue elements.

Taking the #11 (near the middle) in both gradients and comparing tint color variation shows the difference.

Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Out of the competitive and infinitely organized and random circumstance that is the 5 billion years of known creation and theorized evolution, at the height of information, and knowledge being it's most attainable, the most free it has ever been, using technology that would make you a god in any other previous era, out of the abyss of meaningful and indefinite questions that could ever materialize in the lobes and between the neurons in the miracle that is your mind, you decide to ask complete fucking strangers what color of average they like so you can briefly consider them?

You have more computing power in use right now than the fucking Mercury space program and you're seeking added information on the color grey?  That's like asking someone if they could help you with "metallic-flecked average"

And why? Because you don't know yourself enough to figure out what you like?  You can't figure out the color grey?  It's grey.

"And before the lamb showed up, some guy kinda partially broke half of the first seal and hence forth came indecision and paralysis of thought and self-inflicted mediocre paradox, someone who couldn't figure out how much white paint to mix with black paint to make the color grey, with just the perfectly-adequate amount of metallic shit to make it sparkly but not-too-much-because-it's-not-the-70's-anymore after you repeatedly wax it because some people are so devoid of meaningful personal insight on themselves that they resort to asking others their opinions on auto paint colors.  And he held a spray can up on high, and he sayeth "that shit's really fucking important".  And a taupe-ish beige-like sorta tan-colored horse followed with him, and behold his name was Completely Fucking Clueless, and continuously seeking validation followed with him"

View Quote
You are reading too far into this, there are several colors that I like, and I intend to seek these colors out in person to see what I like the best. I don’t intend to hit 87 different car dealerships to see what’s out there, the paint will be new, and the cars clean. I’m attempting to narrow it down somewhat to make the decision easier:

This is not an election process, and I don’t need anyone’s validation. I will choose one that I like, but I haven’t been car shopping in many years so I’m not up to date on what may be available, I will then use the one that I like the best as a guide for the color that I ultimately choose.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
...I will then use the one that I like the best as a guide for the color that I ultimately choose.
View Quote
Use your own opinions then.  ask yourself, not others
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...I will then use the one that I like the best as a guide for the color that I ultimately choose.
I am, but like I said, I want to be somewhat informed on shades and their names.

I don’t want to go to a dealership and ask for ‘grey’.

This thread was meant to narrow and inform, not “pick my color for me”
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

/snip
View Quote
One of the funniest yet brutal replies of late

... and yes, I posted my dumb fucking answer
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Those do look good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:30:52 PM EDT
[#14]
As much as I am not a Toyota/Lexus fan. Their SGM (Smokey Granite Mica) is the best grey. Very dark with a shimmery silver pearl. I painted my 69 mustang in it.

A close second is Nissans Storm Blue. It is a dark grey with a blue pearl. It is a beautiful color.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ford Dark Shadow Grey and Magnetic Grey.
View Quote
The best shadow gray.

Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Ford dark shadow

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#17]
The Triumph matte grey is pretty awesome in person. I like the Ford greys too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Mercedes has a few good Gray/charcoals over the years.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#19]
chevy greystone mettalic
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah duh OP, why didn't you just google "Every variant of metallic grey from all auto manufacturers" and go from there. This random internet guy (that jumps out of perfectly good airplanes) doesn't care about the differences in paint colors so nobody else should either.

I swear, near the end of times

"Oh, here's something I give zero fucks about, let me go tell everyone that does that I don't"

I hope he wasn't thinking of painting cars for a living.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I really like that pastel looking grey they do Toyotas with
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:52:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Another vote for magnetic, my truck

Nightfall grey metallic

Better than those I like  the primer looking greys used by Porsche, dodge, and ford but they are not metallic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#23]
BMW Space Grey

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#24]
My 2018 Honda Accord Grey has a purplish hue in sunlight and looks very cool.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#25]
any thought on adding a custom flake color to the gray so it may just pop or sparkle just a little different. maybe something like a red or orange flake in it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
any thought on adding a custom flake color to the gray so it may just pop or sparkle just a little different. maybe something like a red or orange flake in it.
View Quote
While I like the idea in certain cases, I don’t think it fits the application.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Mazda Meteor

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top