Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know this is obvious but there needs to be a HUGE fucking fire mission on here once the comments open on this rule change (if they haven’t already). Maybe one of the resident attorneys on here can come up with a template comment for those of us who don’t have a way with words.
View Quote

@Honda4828

You cannot reuse a previously posted comment on a proposed rule. It will get tossed as a duplicate.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Where are you people shooting that you're concerned about someone checking for stamps? I'm not Richie Rich shooting on my 1000 acres, i go to the ghetto ranges and occasionally the nicer indoor places when it rains.  I used to go shoot on public lands when there were public lands in TX to shoot on. Have never had mine, or seen someone else's weapon inspected by LE, or even heard of anyone being asked for their stamp.  I've shot with some folks with SBRs and had some take home goodies from work that I've shot at public ranges and never been acosted.  Just carry on as you have.  If you have a range thats participating in this silliness then call them out here.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tailhooks without length adjustment or folding adapters pass. The original sb brace passes.

You can still fail on other metrics like weight(both low and high), overall length, magnified optics, front grips and even flip up sights add a point towards failing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too many hoops....
Too arbitrary....
Too late....

I'm curious as to what braces sold today, as is, would actually pass as a brace.  

I don't think anyone will get rid of their brace (some might take them off), and there will be lawsuits for years....assuming this even goes through.

Tailhooks without length adjustment or folding adapters pass. The original sb brace passes.

You can still fail on other metrics like weight(both low and high), overall length, magnified optics, front grips and even flip up sights add a point towards failing.

I bet they included flip up sights because of the multitude of pistols coming with MBUS sights. Cheap and light weight, so ATF figured to include them.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Too many hoops....
Too arbitrary....
Too late....

I'm curious as to what braces sold today, as is, would actually pass as a brace.  

I don't think anyone will get rid of their brace (some might take them off), and there will be lawsuits for years....assuming this even goes through.

View Quote

Read the proposal. SB mini. They even posted a picture of a braced pistol that passed their test.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Its the most absurd thing I've ever seen come out of government in 20+ years i've been .gov. Its literally more difficult to determine if a brace is compliant than to determine the required staffing ratio at a medicaid certified 300 bed intermediate care facility for the intellectually and developmentally disabled.

1. Millions of guns were sold under prior guidance by AFT as legal pistols but would now (under proposed rule) be unregistered SBR's.  Based on recent federal court decisions this won't stand once challenged.

2. Sights and optics requirements have nothing to do with barrel length and no place in rulemaking for "short barreled rifle" definitions.  There are no laws precluding addition of reflex sights or folding sights to any other category of pistol either.  This does NOT pass arbitrary test so will only help any challenges under #1.

3. AFT is retarded.

4. FJB. Fuck Pearls McBlowjob.
View Quote

What's funny is I can calculate the staffing ratio of an ICF in my head from memory.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#6]
We need some fucker that maths better than me to do their guzzinta's and post some examples of what's compliant and what's not under this proposed rule. Not to help people comply but to show how silly it is and so we can get the word out to others that are not in the fight that the AFT is also after their gun they thought was "safe."
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What's funny is I can calculate the staffing ratio of an ICF in my head from memory.
View Quote

i know, right? but remember when it was new... its like that
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where are you people shooting that you're concerned about someone checking for stamps? I'm not Richie Rich shooting on my 1000 acres, i go to the ghetto ranges and occasionally the nicer indoor places when it rains.  I used to go shoot on public lands when there were public lands in TX to shoot on. Have never had mine, or seen someone else's weapon inspected by LE, or even heard of anyone being asked for their stamp.  I've shot with some folks with SBRs and had some take home goodies from work that I've shot at public ranges and never been acosted.  Just carry on as you have.  If you have a range thats participating in this silliness then call them out here.
View Quote

I've never had anyone ask to see my stamps when I was shooting, not even when shooting machineguns.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bet they included flip up sights because of the multitude of pistols coming with MBUS sights. Cheap and light weight, so ATF figured to include them.
View Quote

They put them down for one point because they are less conducive to genuine braced usage than, say, a reflex sight. LPVOs and magnifiers, on the other hand, are de facto impossible to use effectively from a braced stance (vs shouldered) due to eye relief requirements. There is a certain logic in the madness, in other words.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is this a good price on a braced pistol listed at less than 64 or should I wait? https://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-m-p-15-22-optics-ready-22-lr-ar-15-pistol-black-13321.html
View Quote
That gun if this ruling become final and implemented will be an illegal SBR.

Not only does it not meet the minimum weight threshold (64oz) to even be eligible to wear a pistol stabilizing brace as configured but it will lose even more weight when the accessory brace is removed in order to determine its official pistol brace weight eligibility.

The brace installed is an SBA3 which under the current system is virtually impossible to pass the points test and would be considered a stock when installed on any pistol.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
“We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”
View Quote

Just make sure your silly range toys and NFA workarounds don't fuck with my killing shit at 1000 yds.

Damn right we SHOULD stick together,but we sure as hell don't. Gun owners should hold ANY politician that promotes or pushes gun control accountable-voted out of office and can't even get on a town council in some podunk town after that. Make Republicans FEAR gun owners again.

Instead,"We" have continually voted for people on our fucking side that screw us,so we are nothing but paper tigers. A guaranteed voting block for Team R no matter what, and they treat us accordingly. I wouldn't be surprised if they laugh at us behind closed doors-"Passed gun control,and the rubes still support me!"

Pathetic.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:We need some fucker that maths better than me to do their guzzinta's and post some examples of what's compliant and what's not under this proposed rule. Not to help people comply but to show how silly it is and so we can get the word out to others that are not in the fight that the AFT is also after their gun they thought was "safe."
View Quote

Page 33 has a compliant pistol, page 37 and 41 have non-compliant ones.

I'm looking forward to the video with AFT Agent Bizzae (sp) going over the new rule.  Firearms Unknown has a bunch of good videos.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:23:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm looking forward to the video with AFT Agent Bizzae (sp) going over the new rule.  Firearms Unknown has a bunch of good videos.
View Quote

Aside from their silly examples with a disallowed VFG... I'd like to see whether some AR9's and shorter examples are compliant
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Aside from their silly examples with a disallowed VFG... I'd like to see whether some AR9's and shorter examples are compliant
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem - of course - remains that anything is no-go on the ATF's word. They've reserved the right to call anything an SBR even if it meets points requirements.

Heads they win and tails we lose.

Trying to play the game is the mistake.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Post a pic and I'll add it up for you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

They put them down for one point because they are less conducive to genuine braced usage than, say, a reflex sight. LPVOs and magnifiers, on the other hand, are de facto impossible to use effectively from a braced stance (vs shouldered) due to eye relief requirements. There is a certain logic in the madness, in other words.
View Quote

But they are easy to use with a sling either 1 or 2 handed.
That's one of the big reasons this is bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OK. That things point system requires math. I am out. Math is where I draw the line.
View Quote

I like this response.  Let's take it a step further... the rule seems pretty racist because math is racist. How will kids growing up in public schools today be able to discern between pistol and SBR if they have to perform math (because math is now WOKE) to understand rules/regs???  This is highly discriminatory towards inner city children.  ATF must want to send more kids to jail.   ATF is now racist.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@Honda4828

You cannot reuse a previously posted comment on a proposed rule. It will get tossed as a duplicate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know this is obvious but there needs to be a HUGE fucking fire mission on here once the comments open on this rule change (if they haven’t already). Maybe one of the resident attorneys on here can come up with a template comment for those of us who don’t have a way with words.

@Honda4828

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. And something to bombard our reps with.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

@Honda4828

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Honda4828

Just seeing this.. sux.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an SBA3 ON A 5" FM9 with MBUS and Romeo RDS so....

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Under the proposed rule and point system you have a "perfect 10"!

Which is bad.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Read the proposal. SB mini. They even posted a picture of a braced pistol that passed their test.
View Quote

I did...that is the problem.

Too many questions.

KAK Shockwave has an approval letter but fails their new test.  
The point system is arbitrary, so I don't know what would pass and what would not.

Either way, I think this is going to fall flat on its face.  Too many SBA3's were legally sold on pistols from the factory.  The ATF trying to claim they are now SBR's is laughable.  Also, too many braces sold with ATF approval letters (Shockwave, Mod 1, Mod 2) that now fail the list...or at least could fail the list.    

I want to know what the ATF thinks will pass because I'd like to figure out what percentage of braces sold would fail...90%?  95%?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Looking at this BS, I’m thinking it can be used against the gayTF in several ways;

ADA discrimination, for one. That’d be fun.

For two, arbitrary and capricious design, including their little “we can declare anything an SBR at our discretion” shows that its obviously biased to allow them to persecute anyone they want.

Finally, by declaring almost anything/everything an SBR/SBS in an ex post facto fashion after approving them for commercial release, (and millions of sales) it falls under the common use clause laid out by the USSC.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#25]
ATF Proposes Rule On Braced Pistols That Will Make Millions Of Americans Felons
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Section 1, assuming you're over 64oz without the brace, we continue to section 2.  There you get 8 points for the SBA3.  Section 3 you get 5 points due to MBUS and a standard receiver extension and "LOP".

So jail for you it is
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looking at this BS, I’m thinking it can be used against the gayTF in several ways;

ADA discrimination, for one. That’d be fun.

For two, arbitrary and capricious design, including their little “we can declare anything an SBR at our discretion” shows that its obviously biased to allow them to persecute anyone they want.

Finally, by declaring almost anything/everything an SBR/SBS in an ex post facto fashion after approving them for commercial release, (and millions of sales) it falls under the common use clause laid out by the USSC.
View Quote

That's not what ex post facto means at all. I'm amazed how many people here don't seem to understand that idea.

What it means is that they cannot charge you with a crime after the fact for something you owned legally previously that is now illegal but you no longer own - they can't charge you with complying with the law now but not before the law was a law basically. "After the fact" more or less.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#28]
This is so fucking retarded.  How the hell do folding sights even count against you?  If someone can shoot a 12ga one handed, then why can't they shoot a .308 one handed?

I guess when determining weight and control they used Olive Oyl and then Popeye for determing if a brace fit's around the forearm.

The SBA3 is the most common brace sold by manufacturers like PSA and Springfield Armory.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Section 1, assuming you're over 64oz without the brace, we continue to section 2.  There you get 8 points for the SBA3.  Section 3 you get 5 points due to MBUS and a standard receiver extension and "LOP".

So jail for you it is
View Quote

I think we could turn this into a game and see who can get the highest score
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Uh huh. Put it this way: if people were mass not-complying with SBR rules, you wouldn't see any fucking pistol braces at the range. You'd just see SBRs as far as the eye can see. So why do I keep seeing pistol braces everywhere?

Answer: people talk a good game about non-compliance, but they shut up when it's time to put up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

"well, I don't see people doing it on the internet, so they must be complying for sure!"

Uh huh. Put it this way: if people were mass not-complying with SBR rules, you wouldn't see any fucking pistol braces at the range. You'd just see SBRs as far as the eye can see. So why do I keep seeing pistol braces everywhere?

Answer: people talk a good game about non-compliance, but they shut up when it's time to put up.

Or maybe the SBRs you see posted on here or at the range aren’t actually legal. Never figured on that did you? Now fuck off trying to derail the thread.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So jail for you it is
View Quote

Yep, they were so lax in their guidance and enforcement that millions were sold by dealers . No way other than grandfathering to deal with that.  The manufacturers and retailers have to collectively and preemptively sue to avoid being charged criminally.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#32]
What’s the longest Brl that remains under 26” OAL?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is so fucking retarded.  How the hell do folding sights even count against you?  If someone can shoot a 12ga one handed, then why can't they shoot a .308 one handed?

I guess when determining weight and control they used Olive Oyl and then Popeye for determing if a brace fit's around the forearm.

The SBA3 is the most common brace sold by manufacturers like PSA and Springfield Armory.
View Quote

Folding sights, rifle type sights and no sights are all treated the same.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Just seeing this.. sux.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Honda4828

Just seeing this.. sux.

Comments must also be formatted a specific way with a header saying "Comment on FR Doc # 2021-XXXXX" and must include the commenter's name and address.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

10 and 250,000
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many points is 'Drilling another hole'?

10 and 250,000

Attachment Attached File

Buts it's the same as a 15.9 barrel.  Heh
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is this a good price on a braced pistol listed at less than 64 or should I wait? https://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-m-p-15-22-optics-ready-22-lr-ar-15-pistol-black-13321.html
View Quote

I've seen them for $425-$450 locally. Good luck finding mags.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So jail for you it is

Will adding a Rare Breed FRT trigger to a brace equipped pistol get me a points multiplier?

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

~7.5-8" If not mistaken.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@Honda4828

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Honda4828

I’d probably just use the same sentiment with slightly different words
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's the point. This "rule" is intended to give the appearance of a defined set of criteria, while in actuality being vague and inconsistent, even with itself. It expands the AFT's power to arrest who they decide to when they decide they want to, while leaving others alone who don't fit the profile of who they want to target.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell you could ask 10 ppl to score a pistol and prob get 10 different scores. What a cluster!

That's the point. This "rule" is intended to give the appearance of a defined set of criteria, while in actuality being vague and inconsistent, even with itself. It expands the AFT's power to arrest who they decide to when they decide they want to, while leaving others alone who don't fit the profile of who they want to target.

Yes it is objective with line items and number point values. But what each means is open to interpretation so that government Employees can make shit up. It's something that only a government employee would come up with to prove, yet again, they absolutely hate you. Full stop.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:17:17 AM EDT
[#41]
The big issue with this is that a perfectly legal braced pistol becomes an illegal SBR with a penalty of NO GUN FOR LIFE, 10 years in prison, and a $250,000 fine... BECAUSE YOU DO SOMETHING INSIGNIFICANT LIKE CHANGE A SIGHT.

The very definition of arbitrary and capricious.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What a cluster fuck. They’ll just keep going. Soon enough they’ll say if it had a detachable mag it’s an “assault weapon” and it must be turned into the AFT office.

Tick tock.
View Quote

They will make a point system. It will also take into account barrel length because of exit velocity of the round. Your 16 in barrel will be illegal as it makes the round more deadly Vs a 11.5 inch so they are now illegal.

Less then 16 inches too short. Needs registratiom and tax. 16 inches or greater with a detachable mag, too dangerous..

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't think so either, simply due to the fact the ATF allowed the sale of tens of thousands of pistols equipped with SBA3 braces for years and now all of a sudden they want to classify them as SBR's.

ATF knows it isn't doing to fly.  They are issuing these rules in order to get people to dispose of their pistol braces.

Just like the bumpstock ban, this rule won't have any teeth either.  The only case I know of where a person was charged with possession of a bumpstock ended up with the charge being dismissed.  Pretty telling they don't think it will hold up in court.
View Quote

The government lawyers lost in court.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Didn't braces originally come about to help amputees and the disabled?

Is anyone going after them from that angle? Why does the Biden administration hate disabled people?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#45]
My 9.6" barreled AR pistol is 27.75" long so I don't even get to play the points game.  Go directly to jail.  Do not pass go.  Do not collect $200.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I think an SB SOB passes page 1....maybe.  It seems to fall in line with the SB Mini.

The Tailhook Mod 1's could go either way on page 1.  I'm going to assume they pass.    For some reason, a QD slots counts as a point, for a slot for a sling does not.  

KAK Shockwave fails page 1, but I guess could pass if it had a strap?  

The whole thing is BS since no one is fully sure on "how" to determine the point value of certain features.   Plus, what does it matter if something is based on a stock design or not if it functions as a brace.    I'm pretty sure crutches are adjustable...so why is that a problem for a brace?  
FATF
View Quote

A better question is why does one feature get 2 points and another feature only get one point?  What criteria did they use to decide whether a feature was worth one or 2 points?

The whole thing is the very definition of arbitrary.  And the idea that they can read minds and determine intent is bullshit as well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Didn't braces originally come about to help amputees and the disabled?

Is anyone going after them from that angle? Why does the Biden administration hate disabled people?
View Quote

They hate everyone that is not blindly following them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just make sure your silly range toys and NFA workarounds don't fuck with my killing shit at 1000 yds.

Damn right we SHOULD stick together,but we sure as hell don't. Gun owners should hold ANY politician that promotes or pushes gun control accountable-voted out of office and can't even get on a town council in some podunk town after that. Make Republicans FEAR gun owners again.

Instead,"We" have continually voted for people on our fucking side that screw us,so we are nothing but paper tigers. A guaranteed voting block for Team R no matter what, and they treat us accordingly. I wouldn't be surprised if they laugh at us behind closed doors-"Passed gun control,and the rubes still support me!"

Pathetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”

Pathetic.

You dont understand. RINO anti 2A person got our district 2 million dollars for park renovation, and he wrote a letter to west point for Jonny down the block.

STFU Im Voting for him!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

~7.5-8" If not mistaken.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~7.5-8" If not mistaken.

Looks like 10.3” is under 26 OAL with a pistol buffer tube or carbine tube?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My 9.6" barreled AR pistol is 27.75" long…
View Quote

How?
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top