Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, Dan Crenshaw will get right on that. He is probably jerking off Dakota Meyer right now making wisecracks about everyone here being larpers.  Seriously, they don't GAF. Ted Cruz gets bashed on here all the time but he's the only critter thats ever done a fucking thing for state sovereignty.  Read Texas v. Medellin SCOTUS ruling before disputing this.

ETA: revised to say Dan is jerking off Dakota while sucking John Cornyn's dick...
View Quote
Contact his office and request a meeting and explain all of this to him. Better yet, get a group of people together and have a meeting with him. Stop assuming what elected officials will do and pressure them directly.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I guarantee 99% of the members of this site have never requested a meeting with their congressperson (they will almost always give it to you) and never requested a meeting with their Senator (a little harder, but still not that hard).  I bet 90% don't even bother writing them or even bother sending them an email.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is,we don't do that. And even if we get angry about them doing shit we don't like,we still reelect them.

Republicans that push bigger government,more spending,and gun control, should be voted out of office quickly and replaced. They have a party platform,and we should be holding them accountable to it.

What message have we sent over the years when we keep reelecting them after they increase spending,the size of government,and give us gun control?
I guarantee 99% of the members of this site have never requested a meeting with their congressperson (they will almost always give it to you) and never requested a meeting with their Senator (a little harder, but still not that hard).  I bet 90% don't even bother writing them or even bother sending them an email.

I write them several times a year. Get a generic reply about half the time.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem is,we don't do that. And even if we get angry about them doing shit we don't like,we still reelect them.

Republicans that push bigger government,more spending,and gun control, should be voted out of office quickly and replaced. They have a party platform,and we should be holding them accountable to it.

What message have we sent over the years when we keep reelecting them after they increase spending,the size of government,and give us gun control?

Try an in person meeting.  I've got one on the books with my representative to discuss this.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That depends entirely on the situation.  If you can't think of any situations where you could benefit from a rifle cartridge in a short, handy platform, you have no imagination at all.

Outdoors on foot fighting off commies at 600 yards where you are with a bunch of other folks defending a fixed position?  Go ahead and use a 20" AR.  

But if your use case involves jumping in and out of vehicles, or entering and exiting buildings, you'd definitely benefit from a shorter barrel.

View Quote

bear in mind in no mil or le expert. but seems like this would be a better choice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Trump and Obama aren't the president anymore

None of the ATF reclassifications or interpretations that occurred under either of their presidencies set any "precedent", or opened some new door to allow the ATF to effectively make rulings without going thru the legislative process.

This thread has nothing to do with bumpstocks.....

This thread is about the actions the AG appointed by President Biden has undertaken to essentially declare braces "stocks" .....regardless of what they were originally marketed as.

You same 3 fucks derail every thread..... why not start your own with a poll ?
View Quote

Yes they all kick the can down the same road.

It’s important that we look to the future and stop electing shit birds that continue to destroy our freedoms and grow the government.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes they all kick the can down the same road.

It’s important that we look to the future and stop electing shit birds that continue to destroy our freedoms and grow the government.
View Quote

let me guess you didnt vote for biden. neither did i. did that make a difference? no. because at least half of the country is liberal enough to elect someone who desires to reduce gun rights. liberals dont wont folks to own guns. change that perspective (god knows how) and you might make some headway. you might start by reminding minority communities that being able to protect themselves from unkle sugar has its advantages. with black folks there certainly is precedent there.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Negative,I am a meat popsicle.

We had (they still have) the same shit in NY. Didn't mean I didn't have off book handguns.
Didn't take the risk of carrying,but had no problems shooting them on my own property.

No doubt that complete registration/control is the end game,which is why it's important to try and gain ground when the Republicans are in power,vs losing more ground. I voted for Trump for that exact reason,and got fucked over within his first 2 years,compared to being fine thru obamas 8 years.

Most of you are too invested in the whole "Team R no matter what",that you can't see (or don't want to see) them fucking us over.
View Quote

Didn't we loose 7n6 import and NFA trust without print and photo during FBHO? Those affected me a lot more than a bump stock.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Didn't we loose 7n6 import and NFA trust without print and photo during FBHO? Those affected me a lot more than a bump stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had (they still have) the same shit in NY. Didn't mean I didn't have off book handguns.
Didn't take the risk of carrying,but had no problems shooting them on my own property.

No doubt that complete registration/control is the end game,which is why it's important to try and gain ground when the Republicans are in power,vs losing more ground. I voted for Trump for that exact reason,and got fucked over within his first 2 years,compared to being fine thru obamas 8 years.

Most of you are too invested in the whole "Team R no matter what",that you can't see (or don't want to see) them fucking us over.

Yes we did (any sane person would expect these things from democrats), there was literally next to no comments on the 7n6 ban when compared to the m855 re-class. That’s the rub, the majority of people only give a fuck about the item that they own. They are unable to think far enough ahead to realize that next time it will be what they own.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Optics will probably be on a ban list in a few years. Probably not straight banned but I'm assuming you won't be permitted to use them on certain things.

They have to get the pistols out of the way first low hanging fruit and all. I think they are working a plan to get a registry but I'm certain they will find a new way to ban stuff without straight banning like free speech via censorship.

I'm just babbling on but this definitely puts a cramp in things and SBR laws are pretty stupid but I don't think they will give up any ground.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted: I think they are working a plan to get a registry ...
View Quote
They already have a registry.  It's called the National Firearms Act of 1934.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Too bad they won't allow that through as an official comment. It pretty much says it all.

Acceptable or not, I think I might just send that in as my official comment.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
At a time the industry is addring red dots to all manner of pistols they will give you two demerits for a red dot.

View Quote

Maybe I didn't catch that part, but I don't think it says that. Basically, no magnifiers or limited eye relief scopes behind your red dot, but the red dot itself would be 0 points based on "the test".
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, fuck the GOP, but -

2A is ultimately a sideshow.  The disarmament ship already sailed and they know it; now it's just one more avenue among dozens to deliberately piss us off, provoke us, and attempt to screw with us.  

The clusterfuck going on now is a direct result of billions of dollars in shakedown funds transferred to leftist orgs by way of .gov approved settlements, deliberately uncontested lawsuits against .gov agencies, and ties forged between Obama's people and big tech in the ~2010 time frame.

Nothing pertaining to firearms legislation or rules would have changed a damn thing in the last 20+ years.

In other news, there are some smoking deals on short uppers today.  Don't miss them if you're in need.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Trump won in 2020. I voted for him happily twice. Democrats would have found a way to fuck us no matter what.

BUT

The bump stock "re-definition" of what counts as a machine gun 100% set us up for this, as both the 80% rule and this rule are "re-definitions" and we have to squarely put that on President Kushner and his puppet, Donald Trump.
View Quote

No it didn't; stop repeating this shit.

The precedent was established long before Trump. The bumpstock rule was an absolute fuckup but wasn't substantially different from a number of things that came before.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The precedent was established long before Trump. The bumpstock rule was an absolute fuckup but wasn't substantially different from a number of things that came before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump won in 2020. I voted for him happily twice. Democrats would have found a way to fuck us no matter what.

BUT

The bump stock "re-definition" of what counts as a machine gun 100% set us up for this, as both the 80% rule and this rule are "re-definitions" and we have to squarely put that on President Kushner and his puppet, Donald Trump.

Who doesn’t like arguing semantics
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck the ATF.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Maybe not actually supported it,but many made excuses/justifications/defenses for it.

And some of us voiced the concern over that not being the last thing they go after without the need for Congress. And here we are.

Well,here you are,since I don't own a Brace or AR pistol and at this point will comment in favor of the new rules.
View Quote

The excuses were for Trump, not for his bumpstock rule.

You're really obnoxious about being dishonest.

And no, I didn't make excuses for either.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Optics will probably be on a ban list in a few years. Probably not straight banned but I'm assuming you won't be permitted to use them on certain things.

They have to get the pistols out of the way first low hanging fruit and all. I think they are working a plan to get a registry but I'm certain they will find a new way to ban stuff without straight banning like free speech via censorship.

I'm just babbling on but this definitely puts a cramp in things and SBR laws are pretty stupid but I don't think they will give up any ground.
View Quote

EVERYTHING will eventually end up on a ban list-"High powered sniper scopes", "Thermals", "Night vision", "Red dot that makes you faster and more deadly",etc...

Anyone paying attention knows their end game,and should be intent on fighting ALL infringements,even for shit you don't own or care about,because sooner or later,they will come for what you have.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

It's called facts, but a share blue shill like you wouldn't care about those inconvenient things.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was against the 7n6 ban. That said,it didn't turn you into a felon for possessing it.

I'll admit I never kept up on the NFA stuff.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:04:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe not actually supported it,but many made excuses/justifications/defenses for it.

And some of us voiced the concern over that not being the last thing they go after without the need for Congress. And here we are.

Well,here you are,since I don't own a Brace or AR pistol and at this point will comment in favor of the new rules.

Yes,the excuses/justifications/defenses were for Trump. Shit,people are still trying to lay the blame on the NRA and not at all on Trump.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes we did (any sane person would expect these things from democrats), there was literally next to no comments on the 7n6 ban when compared to the m855 re-class. That’s the rub, the majority of people only give a fuck about the item that they own. They are unable to think far enough ahead to realize that next time it will be what they own.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

EVERYTHING will eventually end up on a ban list-"High powered sniper scopes", "Thermals", "Night vision", "Red dot that makes you faster and more deadly",etc...

Anyone paying attention knows their end game,and should be intent on fighting ALL infringements,even for shit you don't own or care about,because sooner or later,they will come for what you have.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#29]
So when does this make me an automatic felon? I'd like to get ready for the fun early!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's called facts, but a share blue shill like you wouldn't care about those inconvenient things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

Fact-obama tried to ban Bumpstocks twice,and failed. atf said they didn't meet the definition of a machine gun.

Fact-Trump pandered the fuck out of us on the 2nd Amendment,including a 2nd Amendment Coalition headed by his pro   gun son.

Fact-Trump forced the doj to force the atf to figure out a way to ban Bumpstocks (without congress),and got it done.

Fact-Trump said "Take the guns first,due process later", congratulated Florida on passing their Red Flag law and gun control,and gave feinswine an orgasm.

Maybe biden and the dems would have gone this way with the Braces,maybe not. Maybe if Trump hadn't bullied thru a reclassification on something with no pushback,the dems wouldn't be doing the same thing now.

Seems the Trump Davidians are the ones that find the facts inconvenient.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wait. Got a link? I need to see this shitstorm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NRA PREMPTIVELY APPROACHED THEM ABOUT IT...

Wait. Got a link? I need to see this shitstorm.

Does your mommy still cut up your pancakes for you also?

LMGTFY
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

Does it really matter though... I mean trump kicked the can of BOR infringement and government growth with the best of them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:22:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Even if this were to become a thing, I feel like it would only be used against people doing other shit that they get caught doing and everyone else would ignore it.
View Quote

You mean like making white supremist racist insurgent posts in support of orange man on social media?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:24:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Fact-obama tried to ban Bumpstocks twice,and failed. atf said they didn't meet the definition of a machine gun.

Fact-Trump pandered the fuck out of us on the 2nd Amendment,including a 2nd Amendment Coalition headed by his pro   gun son.

Fact-Trump forced the doj to force the atf to figure out a way to ban Bumpstocks (without congress),and got it done.

Fact-Trump said "Take the guns first,due process later", congratulated Florida on passing their Red Flag law and gun control,and gave feinswine an orgasm.

Maybe biden and the dems would have gone this way with the Braces,maybe not. Maybe if Trump hadn't bullied thru a reclassification on something with no pushback,the dems wouldn't be doing the same thing now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

You keep pushing the same disproven lies.
Trump wasn't the first or even second President to do such a thing and you know it.
As for pushback there was plenty and you know that.
Maybe they wouldn't be trying? Hahahaha. You must be on some good meds.
I just classify you and Honda as leftists pretending to be on our side. It's why you never attack the left and repeat things known to be untrue.

Par for the course you pretend I haven't said Trump fucked up on bump stocks or other 2a issues.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Does your mommy still cut up your pancakes for you also?

LMGTFY
View Quote

dafuq?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Trump wasn't the first or even second President to do such a thing and you know it.
Maybe they wouldn't? Hahahaha. You must be on some good meds.
I just classify you and Honda as leftists pretending to be on our side. It's why you never attack the left and repeat things known to be untrue.

Par for the course you pretend I haven't said Trump fucked up on bump stocks or other 2a issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

Maybe they wouldn't? Hahahaha. You must be on some good meds.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Since running operations at all normally requires local assistance, if even one state is serious about not providing help you can remove that 860 as door kickers. Logistics is Hard.

And you are still thinking with 90s gun brain. In 2021 we are the overwhelming majority, and legitimacy collapse logic comes in to the picture: trying to "make an example" doesn't work anymore, they just make more enemies who are more willing to openly defy them.

You should have noticed when conservatives refused to condemn Kyle. The left certainly noticed. It drove them to a level of shrieking terror that is unusual even by their standards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many more do they really need to kick in doors per state? Depends on how saucy they feel, I bet they could clear out the country in a matter of years. I mean, all they really need to focus on are the hardcore "gunnuts".

Local LEO might not help them, but do you actually expect them to stop them?

Or not

Since running operations at all normally requires local assistance, if even one state is serious about not providing help you can remove that 860 as door kickers. Logistics is Hard.

And you are still thinking with 90s gun brain. In 2021 we are the overwhelming majority, and legitimacy collapse logic comes in to the picture: trying to "make an example" doesn't work anymore, they just make more enemies who are more willing to openly defy them.

You should have noticed when conservatives refused to condemn Kyle. The left certainly noticed. It drove them to a level of shrieking terror that is unusual even by their standards.

I'm sorry, I didn't notice you are a '20, I'll be more gentle, I mean gentler, I mean gentile.... genteal?

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/05/555894008/nra-backs-regulation-of-bump-stocks-as-some-republicans-support-a-ban
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's because bitch-made Larry Potterfield is a weak-kneed duck-hunter Fudd who worships the black boot as it crushes his neck.
View Quote
THIS
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, I didn't notice you are a '20, I'll be more gentle, I mean gentler, I mean gentile.... genteal?

https://www.npr.org/2017/10/05/555894008/nra-backs-regulation-of-bump-stocks-as-some-republicans-support-a-ban
View Quote

This is about bumpstocks, literally everyone knows this one.

I thought someone said that the NRA was helping directly with the current shitshow.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:34:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

Of course I attack the left.

The difference being,I know the left is anti gun. They don't tell me they are pro gun and promise me shit.

When someone that is a Republican, campaigns the fuck out of us on the 2nd Amendment,and puts together a 2nd Amendment Coalition headed by his pro gun son, and promises some great things,then turns around and fucks us over,I take that a little personal.

What lies? How much pushback was there from republicans about Trump pushing the doj to force the atf to reclassify them? I sure as fuck don't remember any Republican congressman or Senators fighting it and calling him out on it.

Trump was the first one in recent history to bully thru the ban. obama and the dems didn't try it-took the go getter Trump to lead the way.

I never said you didn't say Trump fucked up-maybe you did. It's beside the point.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

For everyone here that says join date and post count matter....Here is a perfect example of why they don't. Bc a long time member with 40,000+ posts can spew some stupid bullshit like this.

By all means go join DU, if you aren't already a member(and you probably are and probably have a higher post count), and jerk off about new gun laws there.

On topic, for those of us in states that don't allow NFA stuff, this would be a real kick in the nuts. I have a 300 blackout pistol that I built to get around NY laws and this would negate that. I'm already planning my boating accident if this passes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For everyone here that says join date and post count matter....Here is a perfect example of why they don't. Bc a long time member with 40,000+ posts can spew some stupid bullshit like this.

By all means go join DU, if you aren't already a member(and you probably are and probably have a higher post count), and jerk off about new gun laws there.

On topic, for those of us in states that don't allow NFA stuff, this would be a real kick in the nuts. I have a 300 blackout pistol that I built to get around NY laws and this would negate that. I'm already planning my boating accident if this passes.

Indeed...I even apologized to @J_Von_Random ... a 20er with more brains than  apparently, some_mods... if only because of a willingness to admit to not knowing everything.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I thought someone said that the NRA was helping directly with the current shitshow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't surprise me if they were-nothing gets the donations flooding in like "the dems are taking your guns".
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#43]
This SHIT is out of control
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:39:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How many more do they really need to kick in doors per state? Depends on how saucy they feel, I bet they could clear out the country in a matter of years. I mean, all they really need to focus on are the hardcore "gunnuts".

Or not

So the NRA made a statement or two. Lots of Republican assholes made statements about banning them too.

Laying all the blame on the NRA is bullshit.

Trump should have consulted with the 2nd Amendment Coalition before making his decision.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

As long as you don’t get my right to hunt taken away, I could give a fuck about what you do
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as you don’t get my right to hunt taken away, I could give a fuck about what you do

A well fed militia, being necessary to the security if a fat state, the right to hunt deer, turkey and ducks shall not be infringed. Except by fish cops.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This SHIT is out of control
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes. I think you are right I need to read it all also.  But first I need an intelligent comment to the ATF.  A good guideline from one of our attorney friends would sure save some time. wink wink hint hint please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trying to read everything and I know people don’t want it to go this way, but I assume the proposed rule only applies to braces. If I removed the brace from the buffer tube then it is still a pistol and I would not need to worry about weight, overall length or the scoring system?

Yes. I think you are right I need to read it all also.  But first I need an intelligent comment to the ATF.  A good guideline from one of our attorney friends would sure save some time. wink wink hint hint please.

How about this "your shit's all retarded and you talk like a fag".  

Wait, no...

"Thine feces is intellectually delayed and thou speakest as if thou art a homosexual."

There, did I get that right?
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You know, until now, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, carguym14, but now I'm convinced you are a computer program designed specifically to slide AR15.com General Discussion.

IT IS PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO PRACTICE NON COMPLIANCE IN MARYLAND FOR HANDGUNS

MD State Police Licensing Portal Guidebook

Here's an image from the guidebook:

https://i.imgur.com/sDVfxd7.png

And yes, that's an electronic online Form 77R -- many Maryland Gun Stores now have a laptop/tablet specifically devoted just to filling out 77Rs online.

It's basically a ready-made database for Maryland State Police to go through after braced pistols are reclassified by the BATFE.

Maryland made registration mandatory (and background checks by the State Police too, before NICS) in 1966 or so; but it was only for FFL sales.

We got Universal Background Checks (and registration with State Police) for all used sales/transfers of handguns in 1996; and if you move into MD you have like 90 days to register your handguns or face charges.

It's been 25 years since MD got UBC for Handguns. This means outside of some crochety old fudds who were already collecting revolvers 40 years ago....

The majority of modern handguns are now known and registered with MD State Police.

Braced Pistols in Rifle Calibers did not become a "thing" until well after 1996; so there's pretty much almost no way for them to be "off the books".

EDIT: The example of Maryland is why they want Universal Background Checks to go national; so that they can capture that huge market of firearms "on paper" in 4473s, which no doubt will soon at some point be mandated to be electronic (no more paper); since it makes banning things so much easier...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Plenty of non compliance in anti 2nd states. Plenty of chances to get royally screwed over by said states if you are caught non compliant.

How many in those states carry there weapons with full cap mags? Throw the AR in the car with some 30+ rd mags and go to the range?

You know, until now, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, carguym14, but now I'm convinced you are a computer program designed specifically to slide AR15.com General Discussion.

IT IS PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO PRACTICE NON COMPLIANCE IN MARYLAND FOR HANDGUNS

MD State Police Licensing Portal Guidebook

Here's an image from the guidebook:

https://i.imgur.com/sDVfxd7.png

And yes, that's an electronic online Form 77R -- many Maryland Gun Stores now have a laptop/tablet specifically devoted just to filling out 77Rs online.

It's basically a ready-made database for Maryland State Police to go through after braced pistols are reclassified by the BATFE.

Maryland made registration mandatory (and background checks by the State Police too, before NICS) in 1966 or so; but it was only for FFL sales.

We got Universal Background Checks (and registration with State Police) for all used sales/transfers of handguns in 1996; and if you move into MD you have like 90 days to register your handguns or face charges.

It's been 25 years since MD got UBC for Handguns. This means outside of some crochety old fudds who were already collecting revolvers 40 years ago....

The majority of modern handguns are now known and registered with MD State Police.

Braced Pistols in Rifle Calibers did not become a "thing" until well after 1996; so there's pretty much almost no way for them to be "off the books".

EDIT: The example of Maryland is why they want Universal Background Checks to go national; so that they can capture that huge market of firearms "on paper" in 4473s, which no doubt will soon at some point be mandated to be electronic (no more paper); since it makes banning things so much easier...

As we know from another thread, MD is working with the batfe's illegal database to so defacto registration of gun owners...
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The difference being,I know the left is anti gun. They don't tell me they are pro gun and promise me shit.

When someone that is a Republican, campaigns the fuck out of us on the 2nd Amendment,and puts together a 2nd Amendment Coalition headed by his pro gun son, and promises some great things,then turns around and fucks us over,I take that a little personal.

What lies? How much pushback was there from republicans about Trump pushing the doj to force the atf to reclassify them? I sure as fuck don't remember any Republican congressman or Senators fighting it and calling him out on it.

Trump was the first one in recent history to bully thru the ban. obama and the dems didn't try it-took the go getter Trump to lead the way.

I never said you didn't say Trump fucked up-maybe you did. It's beside the point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUT

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So the NRA made a statement or two. Lots of Republican assholes made statements about banning them too.

Trump should have consulted with the 2nd Amendment Coalition before making his decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or not

Where is this ‘2nd Amendment coalition’ located?
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top