Quoted:
I died uphill.

In the winter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell, I died 3 times before I hit 17. Was back at work the next day.
I died uphill.

In the winter.
Monty Python - Four Yorkshiremen
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone needs to tell the Russians you can't kill people with opiates.

They NEED to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Maybe the perpetrators are trying to make a point.
View Quote
in a prison?
is the point to make us all say "All riiiiihgt"?
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So if a fentanyl or related attack were to take place in a major area, with significant airborne dispersal, a SCBA wouldn’t be enough to protect you? You’d need a hazmat suit in conjunction to prevent transdermal absorption?

Sheesh...I guess there are some things you just can’t prepare for. Other than by not living in a city
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Disgruntled employee. That said guards generally don't go postal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FWIW: I wanted to say the same thing but I didn't want to get in a pissing match, not did I want to research and post links. So, I toned down my post.

This whole thing of people casually touching something and overdosing are bullshit. It's a fact. (With Fentanyl)

I posted that same article on Facebook months ago.
View Quote
So I needs to be ingested? Or straight up dropped into the blood stream?
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Update from OP?
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah, good point, it certainly absorbs better that way, but still not in OD dosages.
The pain dosing for fentanyl is 1-2 mcg per kg per hour. So lets say we have a 220 lb man (for easy math) thats 100 kgs. So he would need to absorb a good deal more than 200 mcg within seconds to minutes. Thats a lot of volume to rub into your eye, let alone absorb before blinking, or wiping it away. Certainly a lot to do unknowingly.

Now we start having this conversation about carfentanyl and there is something to discuss. Still not the boogeyman people make it out to be though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. Even transdermal fentanyl patches takes hours to get into the system.  The only way I can see an immediate type OD exposure is if a person got it on their hands and then touched mucosal surface with it.  You'd be amazed at how often you get your hands into your eyes, nose, and mouth without even realizing it.
Yeah, good point, it certainly absorbs better that way, but still not in OD dosages.
The pain dosing for fentanyl is 1-2 mcg per kg per hour. So lets say we have a 220 lb man (for easy math) thats 100 kgs. So he would need to absorb a good deal more than 200 mcg within seconds to minutes. Thats a lot of volume to rub into your eye, let alone absorb before blinking, or wiping it away. Certainly a lot to do unknowingly.

Now we start having this conversation about carfentanyl and there is something to discuss. Still not the boogeyman people make it out to be though.
I suspect inhalation would do the trick, but I think you'd notice inhaling enough.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Someone needs to tell the Russians you can't kill people with opiates.

They NEED to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis
View Quote
I OD'd reading the article. Fortunately I live in an ER.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WOW! Coke? Or will I get the ban hammer again?
View Quote
Not coke, fent . . . oh, you are so banned, mister.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is carfentanil the same way or can it be absorbed through skin?
View Quote
Same. Any powdered material needs a delivery system to cross the effective barrier of your skin.
You provide a delivery mechanism though and the analogs like sufentanyl or carfentanyl could be very dangerous.
It's just not a great choice for a mass casualty type weapon, up close and personal, maybe. Kill a football stadium full of people, probably not.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:18:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Same. Any powdered material needs a delivery system to cross the effective barrier of your skin.
You provide a delivery mechanism though and the analogs like sufentanyl or carfentanyl could be very dangerous.
It's just not a great choice for a mass casualty type weapon, up close and personal, maybe. Kill a football stadium full of people, probably not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is carfentanil the same way or can it be absorbed through skin?
Thanks
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top