Page / 11
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:00:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:05:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
He RECALLS seeing Ku Klux Klan rallies.

Which is, of course, different than there WERE Ku Klux Klan rallies.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#3]
No thanks.  I'll start watching movies again when they aren't so politically charged.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#4]
That Hollywood is trying to promote social justice ideals through comic book movies just shows how far we've fallen as a people.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#5]
White Guilt Virtue Signaling Movie of the Year!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:31:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
in for audience rating.

rotten tomatoes is a fucking joke lately.
View Quote
They were sold over a year ago. They are as reliable as Snopes now.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:34:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let's just wait for the box office numbers.

Yes, i know i am racist...
View Quote
Yep, I have a feeling this one will tank hard but it will never make the news.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#8]
No movie is ever deserving of 100%, because there are too many differing opinions of what a good movie actually is.  So the only reason it's getting this is to push a race based agenda.

I'm still going to watch it, because the movie should not be penalized for SJW retards rubber stamping the review to push an agenda, or because they don't want to be called racist.

It's a sad statement on today's politics, where the truth must be hidden to support the narrative, and anyone who speaks it is outcast.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if there is a great big drop in ticket sales after opening weekend, then that will never make the news.

if the opening weekend is weak, they will blame Wipipo's racism.

I hope it does well if it is a good movie, but frankly the ghetto-hoodrat music from the first trailer turned me off.  I want to see Marvel heroes, not New Jack City: Nairobi.

I also want it to do well because Danai Guirira (Michonne from TWD) is in it, and I would like it to be a good springboard for her movie career.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#10]
The Blade franchise is now 20 years old and was a commercial success, even the relatively poor third movie. The first two were actually good comic movies and both were well-received. There was even a TV show that was well-received (Jill Wagner ) but was way too expensive to make for Spike.

Back then, I guess it was OK to honestly review things regardless of the actors involved. Blade never, if I remember correctly, made any sort of point about skin color.

Now we are pretending that a comic book movie is the single best cinematic achievement of all time, which is completely and utterly insane. But then again, we've forgotten what fucking gender is, so I'm not sure why this surprises me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I will go see it when it comes out.  I don't think the audience will be very diverse though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

and bright, and altered carbon

so you have star wars that was 90+ certified fresh and had abysmal audience ratings.

then bright and altered carbon had absolutely shit critic ratings and 90+ % audience reviews.

they are bought and sold. the studios and network tv feel threatened by netflix and amazon.

rotten tomatoes use to be decent and they sold out.

it wont matter though cuz tv is dying so it will all work out in the end.

its just funny more or less.
View Quote
Saw Bright and Altered Carbon, both were original, and kicked ass.

I see a similar thing happening in politics, Main stream, establishment think they know best, they miss the mark constantly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There is a direct relationship between how bad ass a super hero is and the number of cobra buckles on his harness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
There is a direct relationship between how bad ass a super hero is and the number of cobra buckles on his harness.
My first black superhero will always be Gravedigger from DC comics.

I suppose technically he's not a superhero.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#14]

NVM

Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Look at their Top 100 movies of all time.

They have Selma above The Godfather.

Moonlight above Touch of Evil.

Get Out above Casablanca and Psycho

12 Years a Slave above the Lion King.

Yeah. Sure.
View Quote
Get out is #3.

Not one DiCaprio movie in the top 10.

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I will go see it when it comes out.  I don't think the audience will be very diverse though.
View Quote
you could make up for it by talking the entire movie.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#17]
How long before it receives Oscar nominations?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#18]
It's actually a true story, long hidden.

Seriously, success is it's own reward.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why? If things arent looking good, we can just bus people in to see the movie......
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Media also says it’s more than just a movie. Twitter is also playing it up as a lifetime experience
View Quote
It's Hollywood's liberal Progressive wet dream they can't let this movie fail it's an all-black production they are going to do whatever it takes to support this movie and make it successful.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#21]
7.1/10 on IMDB
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
100% on rotten tomatoes seems a bit much.

I'll still see it though
View Quote
If you noticed most movies that are black oriented or a black production Rotten Tomatoes always gives it a high rating no matter how bad it is.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Way to sell the movie to the folks Chad!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#24]
From Rotten Tomatoes critic David Ehrlich.."You believe in T'Challa, you believe in Wakanda, and you believe - maybe for the first time - that the MCU actually matters."

I mean you can't make that kind of BS up. He might as well said "for the first time the MCU acknowledges that black lives matter."

Yep all of the other MCU characters and movies don't matter, just Black Panther. Maybe they'll have him single-handedly take out Thanos.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Since I haven't heard anything about the actual movie.

Is the movie itself trying to make a statement, or is everyone using the movie to make a statement?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Since I haven't heard anything about the actual movie.

Is the movie itself trying to make a statement, or is everyone using the movie to make a statement?
View Quote
The ladder it's like an all-out effort from liberal Hollywood to push this movie and make it as successful as possible
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#28]
The Prince of Zamunda is not pleased that the Wakandan upstart is getting all the attention.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

you could make up for it by talking the entire movie.
View Quote
Ha ha ha ha. I should.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The trailers look good.

Don't forget Wakanda has a wall and immigration policies that would make Sheriff Joe jealous.
View Quote
Trump tweet right there! "Even Wakanda has a wall."
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Liberals treat blacks like a mentally impaired child that just got done finger painting with their own feces. Oh, look what you did! It's so wonderful! It's going right up on the refrigerator!

It's so fucking patronizing and insulting, and yet... the masses seem to eat it up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The ladder it's like an all-out effort from liberal Hollywood to push this movie and make it as successful as possible
View Quote
Shame.  Because I bet the movie itself is going to be pretty solid without the bullshit external pushes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
100% on rotten tomatoes seems a bit much.

I'll still see it though
View Quote
I remember back when rotten tomatoes graded HARD.  If a movie had a 70 to 80% it was great.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Kangz N shit.
View Quote
i dont want to watch it mostly for this reason.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Blade was fucking awesome though. He and his movie wasn't a child of an SJW mind fuck orgy. It was just a kickass movie about killing vampires.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Blade came out in 1998. Spawn came out in 1997. Granted Spawn is more like an anti-hero, but still. Giving "Black Panther" the credit for being first on-screen black hero lead role is a lie. Shit, you could probably say Shaft was the first black people's big-screen hero.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
wonder what the ratings would be if white people made a movie called the klansmen...  
View Quote
They did, it's called Birth of a Nation, and unfortunately it was the first ever film shown in the white house.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I have no problem with blacks having a super hero movie that they can relate to. But calling this "A love letter to all black people." (per one reviewer quoted in the article) is just over the top.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Black Panther movie gets 100% rating.
View Quote
Pretty much tells me that it's a complete pile of Schiff
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Look at their Top 100 movies of all time.

They have Selma above The Godfather.

Moonlight above Touch of Evil.

Get Out above Casablanca and Psycho

12 Years a Slave above the Lion King.

Yeah. Sure.
View Quote
What the fuck!? LOL
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#42]
You're just setting yourself up for disappointment with such high expectations.

Looking forward to seeing it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"When I was shooting Black Panther in Atlanta, I used to drive back on off-days to go see my family in Anderson. It's about two hours," he told the publication Mr. Porter. "And I would see the Klan holding rallies in a Walmart car park."

Bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"When I was shooting Black Panther in Atlanta, I used to drive back on off-days to go see my family in Anderson. It's about two hours," he told the publication Mr. Porter. "And I would see the Klan holding rallies in a Walmart car park."

Bullshit.
I've lived in the South the past thirty+ years (Army brat, so grew up all over the place), I've encountered admitted Klan members or likely Klan members only a few times, and NEVER seen any kind of public rally.  At least in the social circles I've been in, the Klan was seen as being full of losers from trailer parks who are blaming blacks for their own failures in life (of course, the first time someone may have tried to recruit me, it was a firefighter showing me a KKK keychain, when I didn't react the way he expected, he tried to blow it off as a joke).  Of course, there may have been Klansmen at my first high school, it was rather evenly mixed racially with black kids from the projects competing with redneck farm boys, they tended to have a race riot every couple of years, so I can easily see some of the white kids joining the Klan for protection against the black gangs in the school.  I changed high schools after a year to get away from that mess.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally, a film that will portray the rich and vibrant scientifically advanced African Civilization in a manner that gives it justice and puts "Coming to America's" ultra gentile Kingdom of Zamunda to shame.

If you decide to see this movie, be sure to carry.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:09:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I can't wait for this to come out.  On Netflix.  In the background.  While I do shit like shine my shoes, clean guns, vacuum, or clean the head.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Media also says it’s more than just a movie. Twitter is also playing it up as a lifetime experience
View Quote
"Black Panther" was hailed by the Daily Beast as "a love letter to every black person" and "a correction for years of diversity neglect" by Rolling Stone.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Go back another 4 years brah.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Green Lantern or Black Panther, who cares?  At the end of the day, it's just a bunch of nerdy adults watching a shitty superhero movie.
View Quote
Thread shitter #1
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL I forgot about that movie. Everytime Robin Givens' character would merely touch him he would jizz his pants.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm done. This movie, whether it's good, or bad, is now a cause célèbre for the left. I'm not going to reward them, or Disney. My dollars are staying in my wallet.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top