Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Boeing's attorneys are free to make that argument.

As a juror I am free to discount it, which is reason #3,289,087 why I will never try to avoid jury duty.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just for your information: This IS NOT DU, please post such commie shit over there, not here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont worry. ARFCom's Military Industrial Complex shills will be here shortly to tell us those families are "ungrateful turds", and they should be happy to receive $5 and a Charms blow pop. Afterall, they employ lots of Conservatives! For that privilege, we should be licking the executives ball sacks! Besides, there were no BILLIONAIRES on those flights... so no one that matters died.

We should be happy that Boeing is helping America kill more ORCS! THATS ALL THAT MATTERS! We should be *HAPPY* Billionaires have such talented lawyers to make sure they don't have to be held accountable for their actions. Holding rich people accountable is * COMMUNISM! *

Just for your information: This IS NOT DU, please post such commie shit over there, not here.
LoL... go to Twitter. The *WORST* Leftist takes are almost exclusively posted by people sporting the Ukraine flag in their bio.
The subhuman scum that populate DU, would be more than happy with Boeing sacrificing hundreds of people for their own profits, because Boeing celebrates LGBTQ month.

Thats what Neo-liberalism is all about these days. Heck, corporations could probably start enslaving people again... and all they need to do is "Yeah but... look we love LGBT!" and all will be forgiven. If the peasants demand freedom? Pffft, have the executives come out and say they once heard one of the protestors say something anti-semitic and suddenly they're all anti-semites. Yknow, just like that fucking prick Trudeau did with the Trucker protests.

The future is basically going to basically be a gay/trans version of Omnicorp.

Its the LEFT today that is entirely fucking obsessively defensive of the Globo-Corpo-Homo.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

As a juror I am free to discount it, which is reason #3,289,087 why I will never try to avoid jury duty.
View Quote
You think Billionaires should be held accountable like normal people? Wow... you must be a Communist!
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Plane crashes suck.

How are they not insured against lawsuits like this?

Lawyers also suck.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When you realize the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY above all else, of any company is profit, these things can be more easily made sense of. Be they right, wrong or indifferent.
View Quote
Profit is not the number 1 priority in a well-run company. It, by necessity,  must always be a major priority but longevity, viability and future growth of the organization should always take precedence over short-term profit. Some dividends this year are not worth your stock becoming toilet paper next year.

Americans like quick returns though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Did a plane crash?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
See this? This is why folks hate lawyers.
View Quote

And blood sucking corporations who could care less if you live or die.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pure scum.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Let's strap those motherfuckers into a big metal tube and send it hurling into the ground and see if they experience any physical pain from the sheer terror of knowing they are going to die.
View Quote

How does Boeing know that no one was looking out the window and started screaming when they saw that they were going to crash?

ETA: This reminds me of the insurance exec that tried to deny payments to 9/11 victims because they committed suicide by jumping out of the windows of the WTC. People actually jumped to live a little longer.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How does Boeing know that no one was looking out the window and started screaming when they saw that they were going to crash?

ETA: This reminds me of the insurance exec that tried to deny payments to 9/11 victims because they committed suicide by jumping out of the windows of the WTC. People actually jumped to live a little longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's strap those motherfuckers into a big metal tube and send it hurling into the ground and see if they experience any physical pain from the sheer terror of knowing they are going to die.

They dont care either way.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Such good people... we should continue to advocate for more taxcuts for them, so they have more money to spend on ad campaigns that tell the rest of us what terrible racist homophobic transphobic fascist monsters we are for being against genital mutilation of 3 year olds!
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This one? Implies it was a suicide. https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/investigation-into-china-eastern-airlines-737-crash-continues-caac

So how is that Boeing's fault
View Quote

OP is talking about one or more of the 737 Max MCAS related crashes.  Clearly Boeing's fault.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#15]
At least the CEO in charge of the 737 Max program got to ride off into the sunset with a huge golden parachute. That should be very comforting to the families of the victims.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When you negligently kill hundreds of people, you are going to face accountability for that. That is a life sentence for everyone who died and everyone who depended on them.

The standard of allowing corporations to kill people with impunity is a fucking terrible standard. Which we can see:

When you are comparing a corporation's deadly negligence resulting in the deaths of hundreds of people with the murderous behavior of an authoritarian regime, you're not making a reasonable argument.

View Quote

"Murderous behavior" is blatantly incorrect even from the extreme position of a trial lawyer.  Even the lawsuit was only gross negligence, which I consider the standard legal abuse in the US system.

You build a product and attempt to put in preventative features, MCAS, consider it a behind-the-scenes control not necessary to explain, regulators approve, but there are subsequent complex fault sequences.  Around 400 people die in accidents. That certainly isn't "murder".

Every single damn tragedy isn't murder, isn't outrage, isn't "destroy the company" or industry justification. All you end up with from this outrage reaction is needlessly expensive products available to fewer people. Eventually a new form of manufacturer will evolve as a result, one that will build a single product for a limited time period, will dissolve or otherwise shed all legacy risk, and not be around to be responsible to anyone in any way. Not consumers, not employees, not communities, not plaintiffs' attorneys.

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The suffering was from the time the plane started going dow. Until it crashed into the ground. Award them the billions.
View Quote

Each? How much should each victim receive? Put a number on it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I hate Boeing too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate Boeing too

I hate McDonnell Douglas management.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You think Billionaires should be held accountable like normal people? Wow... you must be a Communist!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What billionaire is being held accountable?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The suffering was from the time the plane started going dow. Until it crashed into the ground. Award them the billions.

Give them the same award they gave the plaintiffs in the Alex Jones case.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Murderous behavior" is blatantly incorrect even from the extreme position of a trial lawyer.  Even the lawsuit was only gross negligence, which I consider the standard legal abuse in the US system.

You build a product and attempt to put in preventative features, MCAS, consider it a behind-the-scenes control not necessary to explain, regulators approve, but there are subsequent complex fault sequences.  Around 400 people die in accidents. That certainly isn't "murder".

Every single damn tragedy isn't murder, isn't outrage, isn't "destroy the company" or industry justification. All you end up with from this outrage reaction is needlessly expensive products available to fewer people. Eventually a new form of manufacturer will evolve as a result, one that will build a single product for a limited time period, will dissolve or otherwise shed all legacy risk, and not be around to be responsible to anyone in any way. Not consumers, not employees, not communities, not plaintiffs' attorneys.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you negligently kill hundreds of people, you are going to face accountability for that. That is a life sentence for everyone who died and everyone who depended on them.

The standard of allowing corporations to kill people with impunity is a fucking terrible standard. Which we can see:

When you are comparing a corporation's deadly negligence resulting in the deaths of hundreds of people with the murderous behavior of an authoritarian regime, you're not making a reasonable argument.

Well that or we will make it so expensive to do aerospace business in this country that manufacturing will be driven to foreign countries like China. Enjoy your Comac C919.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much are they each receiving?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You wouldn't be upset if the government took you out and put a bullet in you because they wanted to harvest your organs, would you?  

I used to support capitalism because I hated communism so.  I still hate communism, and capitalism as well, after my life was wrecked by a prescription drug.  I called the company, and expressed clearly what the drug had done, they didn't give a fuck.  

You can go to hell, I hope you get put on some prescription drug that wrecks your life entirely, or maybe you'll end up on a plane that crashes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only when viewed through the lens of a trial lawyer.  Negligence at most and to that I say that's just life in a technological civilization where consumers want to travel a planet.

Have some perspective and cut the outrage.  Chinese state-controlled (since the Chinese state controls everything) kills a  few million--ho hum otrage level.

A few hundred by imperfect management--mass outrage.  Spare us.

You wouldn't be upset if the government took you out and put a bullet in you because they wanted to harvest your organs, would you?  

I used to support capitalism because I hated communism so.  I still hate communism, and capitalism as well, after my life was wrecked by a prescription drug.  I called the company, and expressed clearly what the drug had done, they didn't give a fuck.  

You can go to hell, I hope you get put on some prescription drug that wrecks your life entirely, or maybe you'll end up on a plane that crashes.

Yeah that wasn't an issue with capitalism.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#25]

I gotta go with Boeing on this one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only when viewed through the lens of a trial lawyer.  Negligence at most and to that I say that's just life in a technological civilization where consumers want to travel a planet.

Have some perspective and cut the outrage.  Chinese state-controlled (since the Chinese state controls everything) kills a  few million--ho hum otrage level.

"That Wasn't TRue Capitalism!" is the right wing version of "That wasn't TRUE Communism!"

Complete and total Lassaize Faire Capitalism is as much of a pipe dream as the so called "Workers Utopia"
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"That Wasn't TRue Capitalism!" is the right wing version of "That wasn't TRUE Communism!"

Complete and total Lassaize Faire Capitalism is as much of a pipe dream as the so called "Workers Utopia"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absent any other information, how was an individual adverse reaction to a pharmaceutical product indicative of some broad issue with capitalism? Are you suggesting that because as individuals we don’t all have a perfectly uniform response to medicines that we just shouldn’t have medicines available?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Absent any other information, how was an individual adverse reaction to a pharmaceutical product indicative of some broad issue with capitalism? Are you suggesting that because as individuals we don't all have a perfectly uniform response to medicines that we just shouldn't have medicines available?
View Quote
Maybe the government shouldn't be forcing people to take certain "medications".

I think he's probably referring to a certain thing that starts with a "V" but we can't talk about it in this thread without risking having mods push the entire thread into that other subforum where threads go to die.

Perhaps the government shouldn't have given them blanket immunity for these experimental "medications".

Perhaps you should look at what happened to James O'Keefe ... look at what he tried to expose about these pharmacorps... and the extent to which they're willing to act to get retribution for daring to expose them. Or look at how one of their executives seemed to melt down on camera, as if he was facing mortal danger by being tricked into exposing his benefactor.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:46:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think he's probably referring to a certain thing that starts with a "V" but we can't talk about it in this thread without risking having mods push the entire thread into that other subforum where threads go to die.

Perhaps the government shouldn't have given them blanket immunity for these experimental "medications".

Perhaps you should look at what happened to James O'Keefe ... look at what he tried to expose about these pharmacorps... and the extent to which they're willing to act to get retribution for daring to expose them. Or look at how one of their executives seemed to melt down on camera, as if he was facing mortal danger by being tricked into exposing his benefactor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absent any other information, how was an individual adverse reaction to a pharmaceutical product indicative of some broad issue with capitalism? Are you suggesting that because as individuals we don't all have a perfectly uniform response to medicines that we just shouldn't have medicines available?

If he isn’t going to say anything about Covid, vaccines, or mandates, I am not going to assume that is what he is referring to. He could be talking about blood pressure meds for all we know.

To your points, the mandates were bullshit. But I understand and have no problem with exempting the companies from liability in order to make the vaccines available much more quickly to individuals who wanted them and were willing to assume responsibility for the risks associated with foregoing traditional clinical trials.

Again, not understanding how any of that represents some underlying problem with capitalism.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Jesus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont worry. ARFCom's Military Industrial Complex shills will be here shortly to tell us those families are "ungrateful turds", and they should be happy to receive $5 and a Charms blow pop. Afterall, they employ lots of Conservatives! For that privilege, we should be licking the executives ball sacks! Besides, there were no BILLIONAIRES on those flights... so no one that matters died.

We should be happy that Boeing is helping America kill more ORCS! THATS ALL THAT MATTERS! We should be *HAPPY* Billionaires have such talented lawyers to make sure they don't have to be held accountable for their actions. Holding rich people accountable is * COMMUNISM! *

Jesus

What happens when you get all your information from the Youtube "conservative" disinformation/misinformation campaign and GD.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lassaize Faire or not, still not an issue with capitalism.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If he isn’t going to say anything about Covid, vaccines, or mandates, I am not going to assume that is what he is referring to. He could be talking about blood pressure meds for all we know.

To your points, the mandates were bullshit. But I understand and have no problem with exempting the companies from liability in order to make the vaccines available much more quickly to individuals who wanted them and were willing to assume responsibility for the risks associated with foregoing traditional clinical trials.

Again, not understanding how any of that represents some underlying problem with capitalism.
View Quote

The problem with your theory is that the public was thoroughly mislead about the safety and failure to perform the proper trials.

If people are warned about some aircraft having flaws, the transportation market could operate properly.  If the info. isn't widely available, it can't.

Capitalism requires openness to work.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#33]
What? their endless fat corporate welfare tit from "defense" contracts just not cutting it anymore?
bet those asshole execs all got bonuses though....

I'm not a fan of the victimology of everyone in america looking for a payout...but fuck me, boeing was cheap and criminally negligent in this case....sure, farm out your avianics to the lowest bidder indian software sweat shop, which aren't really that much cheaper, and ALWAYS suck dog shit
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Let's agree that, at a minimum, Boeing is completely tone deaf.  Some posters are outraged, perhaps justifiably.

Of those ITT who are outraged, are any man enough to say they're also pro-choice on abortion?  How does the unborn baby feel?  More terrified, or less terrified, than those airplane passengers?  Not a trick question.

It would be damned near impossible to hold both views, yet I'm confident there is someone here who does.
View Quote

they're not tone deaf, they're assholes who eat at the defense welfare teet and don't give two fucks about anyone or anything, so long as their bullshit "jack welch, shareholder value" dipshittery is satisfied....and if they fuck up and kill people, who cares? the govt will step in and bail them out because we're "capitalist" n shit....just like the fucking bankers....
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:35:11 PM EDT
[#35]
This thread sure is bringing out the inner commie in some people.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Keep white knighting for woke corporations that want to chop off children's penises off. I'm sure someday they'll invite you into their inner sanctum.
Holding business owners accountable is Communism. Rich people should be allowed to do what they want with impunity.

Anything less is Communism.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Man, in this thread I’ve read about a plane that crashed, maybe because of capitalism, communism, Ukraine, abortion, Covid, or vaccines. This thread is a bigger train wreck than East Palestine.

See what I did there? Now we’ve almost come full circle
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Man, in this thread I’ve read about a plane that crashed, maybe because of capitalism, communism, Ukraine, abortion, Covid, or vaccines. This thread is a bigger train wreck than East Palestine.

View Quote

GD in a nutshell ??

I’m attributing the accidents to a piss-poor corporate culture and sub-par piloting.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

GD in a nutshell ??

I’m attributing the accidents to a piss-poor corporate culture and sub-par piloting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD in a nutshell ??

Which accidents?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#40]
There is a small but vocal minority in the world that believes rich people literally should be able to do anything they want. Many of them would probably even defend Jeffrey Epstein.

I recall this lolbertarian post that became a meme on the internet ... where some lolbertarian white-knight for wealthy elites, literally argued that Jeffrey Epstein did nothing wrong... and that it was the *GIRLS* who should have been sent to prison for betraying him.

As much as I suspect that post is satire, I don't doubt there are people out there who absolutely would go that far.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Which accidents?
View Quote

@fike

The two 737MAX accidents in 2019 IIRC

ETA: Lyon Air and Ethiopian Airlines
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Which accidents?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD in a nutshell ??

Which accidents?

The Ethiopian Airline and Lion Air 737 MAX crashes.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Keep white knighting for woke corporations that want to chop off children's penises off. I'm sure someday they'll invite you into their inner sanctum.
Holding business owners accountable is Communism. Rich people should be allowed to do what they want with impunity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much should each victim of the crashes receive? Put a hard number on it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The lack of knowledge from people in here on something they barely understand is dumbfounding. So may experts. So little intelligence.
View Quote

yup.....of course aeromech has some sort of ax aside from this to grind with Boeing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#45]
What plane crash is this in reference to?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

yup.....of course aeromech has some sort of ax aside from this to grind with Boeing.
View Quote

So by your reckoning, anyone that points out a flaw of someone or something has an ax to grind?

I’ve noticed critical thinking isn’t your strong suite…
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Ethiopian Airline and Lion Air 737 MAX crashes.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The lack of knowledge from people in here on something they barely understand is dumbfounding. So may experts. So little intelligence.

To be fair, there’s a lot of legitimate criticism that can and should be directed towards them. The direction that the MD/GE executive management style has taken them and subsequent results have been horrific.

But yeah, some of these posts and expectations are just way over the top.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
To be fair, they probably didn’t suffer any pain -sheer terror is a different story.
View Quote

Right on the physical part of it....

Mental anguish ranks up there though.  There are different kinds of pain and suffering.

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:29:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So by your reckoning, anyone that points out a flaw of someone or something has an ax to grind?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, my assumption comes from your constant bitching about Boeing
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top