BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To be fair, there’s a lot of legitimate criticism that cab be directed towards.

But yeah, some of these posts and expectations are just way over the top.
View Quote

@Boomer

All of the “It capitalism” “Ukraine!” And “COVID” comments fit into that category.

That being said, most agree Boeings culture started its downhill roll when they absorbed McDonald Douglas. Ripples from that acquisition are still being felt today..
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No, my assumption comes from your constant bitching about Boeing
View Quote

Huh?  

This is only me 2nd thread on the subject since these crashes happened 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#3]
this thread
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
this thread
View Quote

It did go off the rails rather quickly
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s something far more fundamental than the results of some merger. Boeing is just one of many companies that are suffering from the Finance Curse. Priority number one is to increase the value of the stock so company monies can be slushed off into offshore bank accounts never to be seen again.

The whole concept of having a company that lasts longer than a few years, never mind several generations becomes laughable.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Boeing has lost its way since the McDonald Douglas merger.

Those people fucked up Boeing and everything after that was icling on the cake.

If the TCAS system and all the monkeys fucking a beach ball on the inside of Boeing is found to be the cause Boeing and everyone responsible in Boeing should get enough pain to stop the bean counters overruling the engineers the next time something like this comes across the table.

As a former A&P who worked on Boeing products penny pinching on safety is not a good idea with things that fly around full of people and jet fuel.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup.....of course aeromech has some sort of ax aside from this to grind with Boeing.

So by your reckoning, anyone that points out a flaw of someone or something has an ax to grind?

I've noticed critical thinking isn't your strong suite

Respectfully... I've... never known you to be a shill for the Military Industrial Complex... quite the opposite in fact. Why are you defending Boeing?

Could be wrong, but he's an aviation mechanic... wouldn't his opinion carry more weight because of that?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The same people who think Alex Jones should owe the Sandy Hook families more money than Poland demands in reparations from Germany... are the same people who want Boeing to pay a pittance.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Boeing's attorneys are free to make that argument.

As a juror I am free to discount it, which is reason #3,289,087 why I will never try to avoid jury duty.
View Quote

Yeah that's a shitty argument from their lawyers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This thread sure is bringing out the inner commie in some people.
View Quote

You mean like the employees of Peoples State Aircraft Factory #32, or BCA?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The same people who think Alex Jones should owe the Sandy Hook families more money than Poland demands in reparations from Germany... are the same people who want Boeing to pay a pittance.
View Quote

Please elaborate.

Who thinks the judgement against Alex Jones was reasonable?

Who thinks the victims of the 737 MAX crashes should only receive a pittance? And define pittance, please.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make the rich pay!
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 3:15:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Fine. Pay out for grief and loss. Then add an x2 multiplier on due to the negligence that their corporate culture has repeatedly Contributed to deaths like this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fine. Pay out for grief and loss. Then add an x2 multiplier on due to the negligence that their corporate culture has repeatedly Contributed to deaths like this.
View Quote

How much in total per victim? Hard number, please.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Make the rich pay!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make the rich pay!

Yeah, I've got no sympathy for Boeing. Sorry. Boeing for example, spent the 1990s giving favorable lease rates to companies they liked. Legal, sure? An ethical business practice, I'd argue not so much.

Boeing loved the Ex-Im Bank for years. Ex-Im funding was helpful to all sorts of foreign companies to drive American carriers out of their markets. Was it ethical for Boeing to enjoy taxpayer funded banking that was paid for by the employees and companies to their detriment. Sure, it was legal? Was it ethical? I'd argue not so much.

Boeing certainly loved the DOD among others shotgun marrying their only domestic aircraft competitor to them. Did that benefit Airbus? Yep. Legal, yep. Ethical? Not so much.

So, that's a postcard history of 1990s Boeing to the Max debacle, which was its own shit show of regulatory capture among other things.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about 4 times the C suite compensation since 1995, divided among the victims families.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How about 4 times the C suite compensation since 1995, divided among the victims families.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that pencil out to?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Respectfully... I've... never known you to be a shill for the Military Industrial Complex... quite the opposite in fact. Why are you defending Boeing?

Could be wrong, but he's an aviation mechanic... wouldn't his opinion carry more weight because of that?
View Quote

His opinion as an “aviation mechanic” is the equivalent of Dr Jill Bidens opinion on an brain aneurysm patient at a hospital.

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Huh?  

This is only me 2nd thread on the subject since these crashes happened 4 years ago.
View Quote

Your hatred of Boeing has come out in multiple threads. Regardless of how many you started you've posted in multiple and its the same hatred in every thread. You're predictable and continue to spew garbage about things you try to come off as knowledgable on but clearly have a lopsided view on and only see into it what you want to see. Your posts are more akin to the tripe on DU than they are on arfcom.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your hatred of Boeing has come out in multiple threads. Regardless of how many you started you've posted in multiple and its the same hatred in every thread. You're predictable and continue to spew garbage about things you try to come off as knowledgable on but clearly have a lopsided view on and only see into it what you want to see. Your posts are more akin to the tripe on DU than they are on arfcom.
View Quote

You're one of those "likes to hear himself talk" types, arent ya?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who has a higher daily post count?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

His opinion as an "aviation mechanic" is the equivalent of Dr Jill Bidens opinion on an brain aneurysm patient at a hospital.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His opinion as an "aviation mechanic" is the equivalent of Dr Jill Bidens opinion on an brain aneurysm patient at a hospital.

Jill Biden is not an MD. She comes from a completely different field. She has an undeserved doctorate in Education...
Aviation Mechanic is in the same field. Wouldn't his criticisms have more weight than what some stupid bitch with an advanced education degree has to say about aneurysms?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I mean, IDK what people want?  We can't drive BA to bankruptcy because they're our only aircraft manufacturer and they're necessary for our military and aerospace industries.  It sucks, but people need to get over this.  They've already been financially devastated and their stock is in the gutter.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Please elaborate.

Who thinks the victims of the 737 MAX crashes should only receive a pittance? And define pittance, please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please elaborate.

A metric shit ton of Establishment-boot lickers on this forum. Oftentimes sporting _ in their name.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I mean, IDK what people want?  We can't drive BA to bankruptcy because they're our only aircraft manufacturer and they're necessary for our military and aerospace industries.  It sucks, but people need to get over this.  They've already been financially devastated and their stock is in the gutter.
View Quote
"Too big to fail guise!"
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whats your opinion of Alex Jones's judgment?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To be fair, they probably didn’t suffer any pain -sheer terror is a different story.
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Jill Biden is not an MD. She comes from a completely different field. She has an undeserved doctorate in Education...
Aviation Mechanic is in the same field. Wouldn't his criticisms have more weight than what some stupid bitch with an advanced education degree has to say about aneurysms?
View Quote

Depends on things. If his career is based around basic maintenance on Piper Cubs than his opinion isn’t worth shit.

Understanding the ins and outs of everything involved… very different story. So far all he’s done is ramble like a crackhead walking through Portland.

The fact he spews nothing not hatred for the same subject/company over and over says enough.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Depends on things. If his career is based around basic maintenance on Piper Cubs than his opinion isn't worth shit.

Understanding the ins and outs of everything involved  very different story. So far all he's done is ramble like a crackhead walking through Portland.

The fact he spews nothing not hatred for the same subject/company over and over says enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on things. If his career is based around basic maintenance on Piper Cubs than his opinion isn't worth shit.

Understanding the ins and outs of everything involved  very different story. So far all he's done is ramble like a crackhead walking through Portland.

I guess I dont follow the Op's post history closely enough.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
To be fair, they probably didn’t suffer any pain -sheer terror is a different story.
View Quote

I highly doubt they all died painlessly.

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has he elaborated on what kind of Aviation mechanic he is? Perhaps he actually works on big airliners like that. Perhaps he actually has very relevant experience.
That being said, I cant speak to his post history, as he doesn't occupy my mind as much you do.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:18:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Depends on things. If his career is based around basic maintenance on Piper Cubs than his opinion isn’t worth shit.

Understanding the ins and outs of everything involved… very different story. So far all he’s done is ramble like a crackhead walking through Portland.

View Quote

Speaking of crackheads. How is it my fault you can’t understand clear and concise opinions being posted?

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I guess I dont follow the Op's post history closely enough.
View Quote

Even if you did follow my history you’d see this is only the second thread posted on the 737MAX issue in 4 years. According to Nachotwit you’d think I’ve made the issue the centerpiece of my posting on this site.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:57:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Hell awaits them
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#37]
The jury is gonna love reading that...
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The ridiculous excessive litigation needs to stop. It's truly why we can't have anything.

There can never be perfection or zero risk. To think there can be is delusional.
View Quote

Safety is bullshit. Bravery is real.

Outrage is for chicks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Imagine being a Conservative, and shilling for these people.

Or these people:

https://www.shell.com/careers/about-careers-at-shell/we-are-one-team/diversity-inclusion/prideoffshore.html

Or these people:

https://thefederalist.com/2023/03/15/kellogg-pledged-91-million-to-racial-division-while-slashing-employee-benefits/

Or these people:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/kroger-pay-180k-firing-workers-refused-wear-logo-allegedly-resembling-rcna54550

I can't understand why Conservatives, to this day, still cuck for Big Business knowing fullwell they *HATE YOU* and everything you stand for.

Instead, more Conservative should take the Tom Cotton stance...
Tom Cotton Grills CEO Over Firings Of Employees Who Refused To Wear 'Gay Pride' Symbol

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pure scum.
View Quote

Fpni.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Announced $20 billion for share buybacks in 2018 before crashes/ number of victims = per victim payout.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Even if you did follow my history you’d see this is only the second thread posted on the 737MAX issue in 4 years. According to Nachotwit you’d think I’ve made the issue the centerpiece of my posting on this site.
View Quote

Certain things are easy to note. Like your screen name posting garbage in essentially every Boeing thread. It’s like the CEO of Boeing kicked your dog and stole your ice cream when you were a toddler. Recognize your own fixation on it, it’s comical to a point. Same with the one guy who constantly shits in every sig thread. Eventually it becomes something people on here notice as a consistent issue.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Imagine being a Conservative, and shilling for these people.

https://www.boeing.com/resources/boeingdotcom/features/2019/06/Gearhart-630x737.jpg

Or these people:

https://www.shell.com/careers/about-careers-at-shell/we-are-one-team/diversity-inclusion/prideoffshore.html

Or these people:

https://thefederalist.com/2023/03/15/kellogg-pledged-91-million-to-racial-division-while-slashing-employee-benefits/

Or these people:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/kroger-pay-180k-firing-workers-refused-wear-logo-allegedly-resembling-rcna54550

I can't understand why Conservatives, to this day, still cuck for Big Business knowing fullwell they *HATE YOU* and everything you stand for.

Instead, more Conservative should take the Tom Cotton stance...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50JG4Iv9Z78

View Quote

Imagine paying taxes to a government. Literally an establishment shill.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Imagine paying taxes to a government. Literally an establishment shill.
View Quote
Who do you think OWNS the government?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:57:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Great company.

Recruiting is heavy now, you can join the family to follow your dreams of an exciting aerospace job, too.

Be sure to bring your pronouns.  Your DIE certification will be supplied by Boeing.

View Quote

Nobody buys that shit but HR
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 7:46:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great company.

Recruiting is heavy now, you can join the family to follow your dreams of an exciting aerospace job, too.

Be sure to bring your pronouns.  Your DIE certification will be supplied by Boeing.

The left sure does.

When June comes around, and companies start engaging in degeneracy worship on social media because its LGBT month... all the neo-libs and leftists come out to lick their corporate boots.
Fuckers will literally PRAISE SHELL OIL, when Shell is more than happy to give money to the Nigerian government... to get them to murder protestors and villagers for committing the horrible "crime" of living on ancestral lands that the oil companies want to drill.

Shell will go out there and fund the 1619 project and tell Americans that the REVOLUTIONARY WAR Was fought over the issue of slavery (Yes, thats what the corporate sponsored  "1619 Project" claims). They'll tell you how you're racist, and how you need to change... but then happily murder black people in order to steal their oil.

They should go FUCK THEMSELVES. If a Nigerian were to go to Shell's HQ and went in and shot the executives to death who had made those evil decisions... I'd celebrate with a beer.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top