Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Screen shot the ad

If he says anything but refund or send it back, initiate claim with gunbroker. You gave him his chance.

If gunbroker fucks you, do a CC chargeback

Once the CC is charged back permeantly, have the FFL mail the rifle back but only after the chargeback sticks

Move on with your life
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
nm if buyer wants to disclose seller, he can.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1 in 9 is actually a better choice for most
View Quote

No.... No, it's not.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Top 25 GB seller here

He  Should take that rifle back on his dime as it is obviously not as described

Could be a factory  error but more likely he switched uppers ,

or it is actually a used rifle someone switched uppers on

Or , it's a "new" rifle he received from a distributior that was returned to the distributor by a dealer that swapped the upper

You letter is too long winded .

Tell him you are sending the rifle back and you expect a refund including original shipping and return shipping.

If he will not do that get your CC involved.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
nm

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
He's east coast so probably wont have a response until tomorrow AM. Will update this thread and will not leave you guys hanging
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wrote back this:

Hey XXXXXX, I appreciate the replacement offer, but to be honest man i'm not interested in that route. This particular experience has jaded me on online deals from here on out. And that is no fault of you personally by the way, but I'd rather buy one locally I can inspect before purchase. I do not want a replacement rifle at this time. If it had been a huge gouge, chips in paint, or damaged finish or the like, sure that would be acceptable. But that was not the case. I get the "As is- no returns" and agree with that 100% but I do not feel that applies here. "AS-IS, no returns" doesn't mean someone can advertise one thing and then deliver another. Then once a complaint is made, ship you another and you just have to eat it. I'm not trying to come off as rude or an asshole here. Quite the contrary. But at this point I just want a return, mutual positive feedback, and to go are ways, with the potential for me to be a return customer in the future. I do NOT want to have to involve my Credit Card company, internet, etc etc. Nor do I think you deserve that either. It would be much easier for both of us if you could just issue a return and shipping label to my FFL. Please let me know.

-Az

View Quote

Too much wishy washy BS.  Just get straight to the point.  The only thing that you have to explain to him is that the item you got is not what you bought.  He can either send you the correct rifle or your money.  Either way you aren't accepting the one he shipped.  That's it, end of story.

If you are trying to weasel out of allowing him sending you the correct rifle then you are in the wrong, not him.  He would be within his rights try to correct the error in a timely manner and fulfill the terms of the auction.  All this bullshit about how you are jaded and want to call the whole thing off is cunt talk.  Don't be that guy.  That doesn't mean you have to accept the wrong rifle or wait a month for him to make it right with the correct rifle.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#9]
While I would love a 1/9 HBAR that isn't correct for that rifle
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can you file a claim with gun broker?

He lied according to that, file a complaint
get. Your money back fuck him
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I bought a brand new Colt AR15A4 20" M16A4 off of gunbroker from a storefront. Paid, shipped all is well.

Got the rifle in today at my FFL. Has a fucking 1:9 twist HBAR barrel.... EVERY AR15A4 i've ever seen has the correct 1:7 twist. It even states it in the ad.  Needless to say i was super pissed and disappointed. I do not think it was the gunshops fault, but regardless i did not get what i paid for. Equivalent of ordering a V8 mustang and it shows up with a V6. So i did NOT accept the rifle at my FFL and kept it in his possession and contacted the seller. He has been very responsive so far.

I am wanting a return at this point as this whole experience left me jaded. He is saying no, and the ad stated "AS-IS, and no returns". He is offering to send me a replacement rifle when one becomes available. I told him I do not want this at this point and just want a return. He then wrote "why would a replacement be unacceptable".

What can I do? At this point I just want a return and i'll buy one locally i can inspect. I REALLY do not want to file a claim with my bank to get my money back or be a dick to this guy either.

What's the best and most polite way to do this?

Can you file a claim with gun broker?

He lied according to that, file a complaint
get. Your money back fuck him

Please Let us know how that works out
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Too much wishy washy BS.  Just get straight to the point.  The only thing that you have to explain to him is that the item you got is not what you bought.  He can either send you the correct rifle or your money.  Either way you aren't accepting the one he shipped.  That's it, end of story.

If you are trying to weasel out of allowing him sending you the correct rifle then you are in the wrong, not him.  He would be within his rights try to correct the error in a timely manner and fulfill the terms of the auction.  All this bullshit about how you are jaded and want to call the whole thing off is cunt talk.  Don't be that guy.  That doesn't mean you have to accept the wrong rifle or wait a month for him to make it right with the correct rifle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wrote back this:

Hey XXXXXX, I appreciate the replacement offer, but to be honest man i'm not interested in that route. This particular experience has jaded me on online deals from here on out. And that is no fault of you personally by the way, but I'd rather buy one locally I can inspect before purchase. I do not want a replacement rifle at this time. If it had been a huge gouge, chips in paint, or damaged finish or the like, sure that would be acceptable. But that was not the case. I get the "As is- no returns" and agree with that 100% but I do not feel that applies here. "AS-IS, no returns" doesn't mean someone can advertise one thing and then deliver another. Then once a complaint is made, ship you another and you just have to eat it. I'm not trying to come off as rude or an asshole here. Quite the contrary. But at this point I just want a return, mutual positive feedback, and to go are ways, with the potential for me to be a return customer in the future. I do NOT want to have to involve my Credit Card company, internet, etc etc. Nor do I think you deserve that either. It would be much easier for both of us if you could just issue a return and shipping label to my FFL. Please let me know.

-Az

I tend to be nice to people, and do not believe he is personally responsible (might be who knows). That said I understand what you are saying.

What i comes down to is this. If that auction had a shipping time of two+ weeks i would have said fuck that and moved on. If that auction stated i would get a cock tease rifle, THEN i MIGHT get a correct replacement in who knows how fucking long, I would have said Fuck it. My only job was to provide him with money and an FFL. I did my part. He failed on his. I do not want a replacement regardless if it is "right", I just want my money back to start over. Being a dick up front usually does not get you what you want. Hence the "cunt" talk
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one 16" upper that's 1:9, I like it.

I'd be pissed though if I ordered a barrel that said 1:7 then I got a 1:9.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#13]
You ordered X, you got Y.

Keep your response short and sweet, he didn't fulfill his obligation. He either refunds it, or you go through your credit card company.

And like the other guy said, you are being way too nice.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Ah, the ol bait n switch.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You ordered X, you got Y.

Keep your response short and sweet, he didn't fulfill his obligation. He either refunds it, or you go through your credit card company.

And like the other guy said, you are being way too nice.
View Quote

I know, i have to change that one of these days.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Hold on to the gun until November. Sell it at an obscene profit during the ensuing "mother of all panics."

We all should be buying as many AR's as we can lay our hands on right now.  If you don't, you'll be sorry.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hold on to the gun until November. Sell it at an obscene profit during the ensuing "mother of all panics."

We all should be buying as many AR's as we can lay our hands on right now.  If you don't, you'll be sorry.
View Quote

Bought to lowers the other day
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
There is a insane amount of inventory out there right now and a huge amount waiting in the wings
If H wins I think there will be a panic but stuff will not be nearly as sparse as Sandy Hook ( nothing available at any price )

more like first Obama election panic ( higher prices but still reasonably available stuff if you want to pay for it )
IMO buy parts , those ass loads of $50 lowers out there will need to be built

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I was once, like you a really nice guy to everybody.  until I learned the hard way people are
assholes and will rip you off the chance they get. put yourself in his shoes
, you being responsible wouldn't you fulfill the buyers request for money back?
I would keep it short and professional , don't be all mushy about it. Be , simple, upfront and serious.
good luck
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#20]
"The description in your listing stated the rifle had a government profile 1:7 twist barrel.  That is what I purchased.

Instead, you shipped a rifle with a heavy barrel 1:9 twist.  That is unacceptable.

To rectify the situation send a paid shipping label to my FFL so he can send it back to you and provide me with a full refund, including the shipping charge I originally paid."

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Dude....man the fuck up....shit.....somebody ban OP.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

"The description in your listing stated the rifle had a government profile 1:7 twist barrel.  That is what I purchased.

Instead, you shipped a rifle with a heavy barrel 1:9 twist.  That is unacceptable.

To rectify the situation send a paid shipping label to my FFL so he can send it back to you and provide me with a full refund, including the shipping charge I originally paid."
View Quote

damn where were you an hour ago
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:42:36 PM EDT
[#23]
That sucks, good luck OP
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#25]
WTF OP? Charge back. If he wants his rifle back he'll pay to have it shipped back.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:25:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Its not mil-spec though

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not mil-spec though

Probably better of with 1 in 7

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
To clarify i DO NOT want a replacement as I will buy one locally now. That is the point i want to get across. I'm not too worried about Gunbrokers take, as My Credit card/Bank should have my back on this.

FWIW the rifle shipped in a box labeled AR15A4 and the Receiver said AR15A4. Top of barrel was shiny and after lifting it i was like WTF thats heavy, and looked at top of barrel. Sure enough 1:9 HBAR

Here is the generic description from sellers ad:

Item #: AR15A4 UPC_Code: 098289023292 Description: CLT RIFLE AR15A4 20B 5.56 30R Manufacturer: Colt Model #: AR15A4 Type: Rifle: Semi-Auto Finish: Matte Black Stock: Fixed A2 Sights: FT: Adjustable Post RR: Adjustable A2 Barrel Length: 20 Overall Length: Weight: Caliber: 5.56 NATO|223 Capacity: 30+1 Action: Semi-Automatic # of Mags: 1 Chokes: Packaging: Receiver: Black Matte Anodized Flat Top Chamber: Muzzle: Bird Cage Flash Hider Features: Removeable Carry Handle 1-7 Gov't Profile Barrel The winning bid is a cash or check price. We add 3% for other forms of payment. Shipping and handling is 30.00 for USPS and 35.00 for UPS. We do not guarantee 2nd day. Before you bid make sure you are legal to purchase and own this firearm in your state of residence. All sales are final, no refunds or exchanges.

View Quote

New or used?  Colt makes changes without notifying the world.  Why not just let him send a replacement rifle?  Seems like it would put the issue to bed and you could lower your blood pressure.  You can always file a complaint with your CC company while you wait for a replacement, and then withdraw the complaint should the replacement arrive within the time period.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:29:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Unless you are shooting over 62gr you're fine.

77smk is not going to shoot well out of 1:9. But anything else from 69gr on down will be fine.
View Quote
They went with 1 in 7 for tracer ammo stabilization

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:41:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If he offered to replace it gb will not do anything unless he can not have one in a reasonable time.
View Quote

What is "reasonable?"   He shipped the wrong item.   "When it is available" is not acceptable.

The seller should refund the money and take the item back.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless you are shooting over 62gr you're fine.

77smk is not going to shoot well out of 1:9. But anything else from 69gr on down will be fine.

I'm  aware. Which is why I said 69 and down he's fine.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:52:13 AM EDT
[#31]
1:9 wouldn't bother me. HBAR would.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:05:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe op wanted to shoot SMKs. Plus it's HBAR profile in a 20" gun I imagine it would add quite a bit of weight. OP didn't get what he purchased off GB why do you feel the need to make useless comments?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Whats the most "polite" way of saying i just want a return? Do i have to drop the ill file a claim with my credit card line?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I bought a brand new Colt AR15A4 20" M16A4 off of gunbroker from a storefront. Paid, shipped all is well.

Got the rifle in today at my FFL. Has a fucking 1:9 twist HBAR barrel.... EVERY AR15A4 i've ever seen has the correct 1:7 twist. It even states it in the ad.  Needless to say i was super pissed and disappointed. I do not think it was the gunshops fault, but regardless i did not get what i paid for. Equivalent of ordering a V8 mustang and it shows up with a V6. So i did NOT accept the rifle at my FFL and kept it in his possession and contacted the seller. He has been very responsive so far.

I am wanting a return at this point as this whole experience left me jaded. He is saying no, and the ad stated "AS-IS, and no returns". He is offering to send me a replacement rifle when one becomes available. I told him I do not want this at this point and just want a return. He then wrote "why would a replacement be unacceptable".

What can I do? At this point I just want a return and i'll buy one locally i can inspect. I REALLY do not want to file a claim with my bank to get my money back or be a dick to this guy either.

What's the best and most polite way to do this?

If he offered a replacement with correct twist (when it becomes available") gunbroker will not do anything  

Whats the most "polite" way of saying i just want a return? Do i have to drop the ill file a claim with my credit card line?

If you still have the gun and charge it back with your CC co he can call the ATF and report the gun stolen.

There might be some here who say thats BS but trust me I know what I am talking about.

I had a cop in Wa state charge back a $1500 pistol, we called the gunshop and they sent us video of the guy picking up the gun , we never had to call the ATF , he sent us an overnight check cert too.

But I did talk to one of the ATF agents who said yep, call if you need to

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Have your credit card company take care of it and save a copy of the ad in case they want to see it. Fuck that guy.

View Quote
He has the gun still, CC is not going to do shit

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

To clarify i DO NOT want a replacement as I will buy one locally now. That is the point i want to get across. I'm not too worried about Gunbrokers take, as My Credit card/Bank should have my back on this.
FWIW the rifle shipped in a box labeled AR15A4 and the Receiver said AR15A4. Top of barrel was shiny and after lifting it i was like WTF thats heavy, and looked at top of barrel. Sure enough 1:9 HBAR

Item #: AR15A4 UPC_Code: 098289023292 Description: CLT RIFLE AR15A4 20B 5.56 30R Manufacturer: Colt Model #: AR15A4 Type: Rifle: Semi-Auto Finish: Matte Black Stock: Fixed A2 Sights: FT: Adjustable Post RR: Adjustable A2 Barrel Length: 20 Overall Length: Weight: Caliber: 5.56 NATO|223 Capacity: 30+1 Action: Semi-Automatic # of Mags: 1 Chokes: Packaging: Receiver: Black Matte Anodized Flat Top Chamber: Muzzle: Bird Cage Flash Hider Features: Removeable Carry Handle 1-7 Gov't Profile Barrel The winning bid is a cash or check price. We add 3% for other forms of payment. Shipping and handling is 30.00 for USPS and 35.00 for UPS. We do not guarantee 2nd day. Before you bid make sure you are legal to purchase and own this firearm in your state of residence. All sales are final, no refunds or exchanges.

View Quote
According to the ad he made a mistake, according to the ad he said no returns or as is?

So he can send the right one , he should do it fast though

You do not have the right to make a demand he take a return
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

charge back?  not  as described ?

will take a while but you will have your money back  

unless the bank says eww  gun..  and girly runs away  

View Quote
He still has the gun, he better not try and charge it back, the shop owner can then report the gun stolen as he has the gun & the $$

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
According to the ad he made a mistake, according to the ad he said no returns or as is?   So he can send the right one , he should do it fast though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the ad he made a mistake, according to the ad he said no returns or as is?   So he can send the right one , he should do it fast though

He most certainly does have the right to demand a return.  It wasn't the correct product he bought and paid for.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If he opposes i will direct him to this thread, post the company, and change my tone
View Quote
And maybe he is a member here and posts your contact info all over the net?

There are some vindictive pricks out there
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

20inch HBAR sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

20inch HBAR sucks.

Mine was a laser beam with .62 gr Horandy bullets over 25 gr.s of Varget.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

WTF OP? Charge back. If he wants his rifle back he'll pay to have it shipped back.
View Quote
If he has the rife he cannot charge it back via his CC co

the will ask for proof the rifle is returned, if shop owner will not take it back you cannot just ship it to him, he can refuse the shipment and then it gets sent back with no proof of delivery CC will not issue refund

If he charges it back while he still has the rifle the shop owner can call ATF and report the gun stolen as the customer now has the $$ & the gun
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd like to know who the seller is so I can avoid him.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If he has the rife he cannot charge it back via his CC co   the will ask for proof the rifle is returned, if shop owner will not take it back you cannot just ship it to him, he can refuse the shipment and then it gets sent back with no proof of delivery CC will not issue refund
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he has the rife he cannot charge it back via his CC co   the will ask for proof the rifle is returned, if shop owner will not take it back you cannot just ship it to him, he can refuse the shipment and then it gets sent back with no proof of delivery CC will not issue refund

UPS/USPS/FedEx usually drop a stack of boxes off and get them all signed for at once.  If the FFL doesn't know it's coming back he won't notice what's in the package and who shipped it until after he signs for it and opens it.

If he charges it back while he still has the rifle the shop owner can call ATF and report the gun stolen as the customer now has the $$ & the gun

ATF won't do anything because it's a civil matter, and if you were a licensee I could point you to a discussion about a recent incident (except in this one the FFL is the douche who did the chargeback on another FFL).
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

What the heck is wrong with you? Read the damn thread. He never took delivery of the firearm and it sits at his FFL. Geesh!
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

20inch HBAR sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

20inch HBAR sucks.

This. Had one during the ban.  Front heavy m'fer.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, I like 1:9. But even worse than being an H-Bar, is that a lot of those bbl configs by Colt came through as NON chrome lined.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.  I am interested how this turns out for the OP.  It sucks not getting what you paid for.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:27:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This.    Your email was too nice and long winded and I bet he will feel he can talk you into keeping the rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wrote back this:

-Az

You're being far too fucking nice.

"I ordered a 1/7 upper.  This is a 1/9 upper.  I'm sending it back and not paying for anything.  Thank you."

If he says anything other than, "Shit, you're right, my bad, let me get that." go through your fucking credit card company.  Sweet fucking christ.
This.    Your email was too nice and long winded and I bet he will feel he can talk you into keeping the rifle.

That's my take on it. . . what the hell was the part about you potentially being a return customer you start off by saying you're done with online sales and then it sounds like you're trying to coax him into what is already a CRAZY reasonable solution.

Tell the fucker that "AS/IS" doesn't mean he can rip people off and you'll be contacting your credit card, colt, and gunbroker to resolve this if he can't (ASAP)
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the OP the rifle is still in the possession of the receiving FFL:
So i did NOT accept the rifle at my FFL and kept it in his possession and contacted the seller.

Would that make a difference?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does the ATF take a lotnof theft reports?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:39:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wrote back this:

-Az

You're being far too fucking nice.

"I ordered a 1/7 upper.  This is a 1/9 upper.  I'm sending it back and not paying for anything.  Thank you."

If he says anything other than, "Shit, you're right, my bad, let me get that." go through your fucking credit card company.  Sweet fucking christ.

For real.  Too much butthurt emotion.

KISS principle like tyman said.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top