BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Akins Accelerator inventor went to court............... and lost.
Good luck getting a reversal on the trigger.

When the BATF re-classified Street Sweepers[/i] , Maddi 80% rifles , etc. they ran them all down from sales or shipping records , the same as people making suppressors from flashlight or adapter parts.
If you had one mailed to you its a trail to your door. Cash and carry its out of sight but not worth the penalty of getting popped for an illegal MG charge for an add on trigger.

The fix would be to roll it back to 1986 and have the Form 1 option to make and register a new MG.
View Quote
I had a Street Sweeper I had purchased from a dealer at a gun show on a 4473 and sold it private party before the reclassification. They most certainly did not run it down, through me anyway.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I wouldn't even be at all surprised if this was an anti-AFT honeypot.

ETA: wasn't this company discovered to be right next to some large gun company some time back? Yeah, I think this was built *specifically* for the legal fight.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, they knew this was coming. I read the whole thing. That was not thrown together half assed, IMHO.

I find interesting, and now understand, that sharing his law office with this biz presents a problem with confiscation of any computers or papers on his office.

I wouldn't even be at all surprised if this was an anti-AFT honeypot.

ETA: wasn't this company discovered to be right next to some large gun company some time back? Yeah, I think this was built *specifically* for the legal fight.
If you figure out who two of the original managers of the LLC are, it might even strengthen your thoughts on it. I know it did mine when I originally researched it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, I noticed that too. The C&D letter itself changes the language of the statute to make it apply to the FRT-15.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the ATF just imagined the word "continuous" into the law.
Yeah, I noticed that too. The C&D letter itself changes the language of the statute to make it apply to the FRT-15.

Pull vs function as well.

The "function" wording of the law is how Binary Triggers evade being classed as machine guns...  for now.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well it isn't as though we can point to a mass uprising until it has actually happened.

However if you have been paying attention, we are clearly heading in that direction. Starting with the Bundy ranch clusterfucks. Then Lobby Day last year. Then the Kyle Rittenhouse incident.

And before you or someone else gets a doomer-boner over those:

* Lobby Day was the first time anything like it ever happened. That it had limited effect is not relavant, only that it moved the Overton window hard in a direction we wanted, and proved it was possible to do something we all thought was impossible.

* The traditional way for Kenosha to have gone is that the media got their narrative in place, and then most conservatives condemned Kyle for killing a bunch of black people, or at least ripped him a new one for how dare he be there. The opposite happened. (which is probably why the left freaked out about him so much; we didn't help them this time)

The fact of the matter is that this type of situation takes a loooooooooooooooong time to finally reach the active fighting against the government stage. We are moving in that direction on a mass scale but the move only started in the last couple decades, and the enemy seems focused on accelerating that process.

ETA: when I hear consistent reports of random non-political soccer moms who's attitude is "when will it happen?", you are most of the way there.
View Quote

I appreciate the reply/effort!  This is a first!  

You do raise some good points.  And yes, I see what you mean on the factor of time.  

I just feel so discouraged most of the time because of how we much prefer to figure out how to comply with tyranny and fight/bully each other and then pride ourselves on our efforts.  It's such bullshit and needs to stop.  We need to be giving our government's choke collar a stiff tug rather than allow them to keep tugging on ours.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll bet these get dropped, cash only, for a thousand dollars each at the upcoming weekend gun shows.
View Quote

I don’t know why If this ATF determination is upheld, all you would own is a trigger pack that you could never shoot on a public range and serves no purpose other than to be the rope you bring to your own hanging. Even if you shoot on your own property, anything that sounds like full-auto can invite unwanted attention (voice of  experience ).

I predict most of these units already in the wild will be buried deep at the bottom of tool boxes never to see the light of day again (or until police search your home for some unrelated matter).
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don’t know why If this ATF determination is upheld, all you would own is a trigger pack that you could never shoot on a public range and serves no purpose other than to be the rope your bring to your own hanging. Even if you shoot on your own property, anything that sounds like full-auto can invite unwanted attention (voice of  experience ).

I predict most of these units already in the wild will be buried deep at the bottom of tool boxes never to see the light of day again (or until police search your home for some unrelated matter).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll bet these get dropped, cash only, for a thousand dollars each at the upcoming weekend gun shows.

I don’t know why If this ATF determination is upheld, all you would own is a trigger pack that you could never shoot on a public range and serves no purpose other than to be the rope your bring to your own hanging. Even if you shoot on your own property, anything that sounds like full-auto can invite unwanted attention (voice of  experience ).

It must suck living in fear constantly.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you figure out who two of the original managers of the LLC are, it might even strengthen your thoughts on it. I know it did mine when I originally researched it.
View Quote

*looks*

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAH
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:55:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I haven't had time to hit any up in months but according to a buddy the one ones he saw even before all this were $600-800

I personally wasn't going to touch this without FTF cash and didn't put a bunch of effort into getting my hands on one since every single other place I've read about these things other than arf says they don't work worth a damn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't had time to hit any up in months but according to a buddy the one ones he saw even before all this were $600-800

I personally wasn't going to touch this without FTF cash and didn't put a bunch of effort into getting my hands on one since every single other place I've read about these things other than arf says they don't work worth a damn

Every gunshop around here sells binaries. Cash and carry is pretty easy. Wonder why none of them stocked these triggers. They are the same price.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I appreciate the reply/effort!  This is a first!  

You do raise some good points.  And yes, I see what you mean on the factor of time.  

I just feel so discouraged most of the time because of how we much prefer to figure out how to comply with tyranny and fight/bully each other and then pride ourselves on our efforts.  It's such bullshit and needs to stop.  We need to be giving our government's choke collar a stiff tug rather than allow them to keep tugging on ours.  

View Quote

Something which is useful to remember is that until Regan, Everybody Knew that communism was better and the unstoppable progression of history was for ever larger and more powerful governments (the RINOs should make a bit more sense now). Then the internet came on the scene, which even in the early days of mass adoption was pulling the rug out from under the enemy (remember how Clinton finally got exposed?).

This is a war which has been going for well over a century. It will take some time to reverse. If you need a pick-me-up go look at the progression of CCW and Constitutional Carry.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:01:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So RB got a bunch of retired senior ATF agents to look at the trigger and they all agreed that this is not a  MG. But the ATF disagrees. What a joke.
View Quote

Retired agents who ATF used in multiple cases as expert testimony and retired agents who wrote ATF policy concerning classification of machineguns
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Something which is useful to remember is that until Regan, Everybody Knew that communism was better and the unstoppable progression of history was for ever larger and more powerful governments (the RINOs should make a bit more sense now). Then the internet came on the scene, which even in the early days of mass adoption was pulling the rug out from under the enemy (remember how Clinton finally got exposed?).

This is a war which has been going for well over a century. It will take some time to reverse. If you need a pick-me-up go look at the progression of CCW and Constitutional Carry.
View Quote

Again, valid points.  On the Constitutional Carry front, I'm waiting for ANY of the West/East coast states to do it other that up in New England.  I'm in eastern PA and basically surrounded by states that hate freedom.  NY and Jersey are like entering different countries on a legal level.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Retired agents who ATF used in multiple cases as expert testimony and retired agents who wrote ATF policy concerning classification of machineguns
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So RB got a bunch of retired senior ATF agents to look at the trigger and they all agreed that this is not a  MG. But the ATF disagrees. What a joke.

Yeah, one had been acting deputy director for the tech branch, one was the tech branch trainer, and another is a lawyer. These aren't rando field agents.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Will be interesting to see the progression, that's for damn sure!! That's also assuming the rule of law is applied fairly.  After the clusterfuck that was the bumpstock ban, I mean rule, I mean opinion... don't have my hopes up all things considered.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lshzZhHAYIs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, then why don’t you post pics of all your AR15s with a third hole, tough guy!
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
As long as they show up in court, testify it's not a machine gun etc, they might have a chance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, that is what freedom is alright, live around rocks, scurrying around, talking in hushed tones, trying to enjoy a ever fleeting number of "approved thing" by the powers that be.

Machine guns, suppressors, short barreled firearms, "Destructive devices" etc have all be in common use since before the founding, but the courts come to the outcome they want, and rationalize it anyway they want.

Freedom does not require permission, and if your freedom is going to be granted by requesting it from those who have power over you, I think you ought to read how that always turns out.
View Quote

Proof that some of the 21'ers actually have some sense about them...
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:09:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So they say it's a machine then provide the definition proving it's not a machine gun.
View Quote

I too, found that rather interesting.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:12:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not legal advice: If this loses they could go after buyers. If I were a buyer and worried about this, I would dispose of the device and if queried by the ATF assert my 5th Amendment right to remain silent on the issue and then shut the fuck up. I would not make up any story. I would not admit to selling it. I wouldn't even admit to destroying it. I would shut the fuck up and get a lawyer.
View Quote

I beleive the guy who followed this strategy over the LL when the ATF contacted him, wound up kicking his door in with a search warrant.

If they know you bought one, I wouldn't be messing around if contacted.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well, then why don’t you post pics of all your AR15s with a third hole, tough guy!
View Quote

Retarded comparison is still retarded
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#20]
LMAO, still not an Mg, still don't give a shit what the King's sheriff says.  Fuck the King.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#21]
The prices on them sure have jumped on Gunbroker since last night
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That auto sear on the trigger made me not want the thing.  It just seemed to much like a DIAS.  A post 86 DIAS.

My full auto itch got scratched in the military.  We all comply to some degree.  I don’t go 120 in a 65 either.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121843/20210807_180710-2050863.jpg

Lol. Now show your best ground speed in that fancy twin engined airplane you just got.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a difference between being stupid and running around fretting over what the Fed might do like a scared little girl.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The prices on them sure have jumped on Gunbroker since last night
View Quote

Not sure why.  Still $380+S/H direct.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's up there with "well maybe you would like to be shot with it?" in caliber arguments.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meh.  Lots of GD Rambos here posting things like "grow a pair" advising people to keep their easily traced (stupidly classified) contraband - because the Rambos aren't risking anything.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I beleive the guy who followed this strategy over the LL when the ATF contacted him, wound up kicking his door in with a search warrant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not legal advice: If this loses they could go after buyers. If I were a buyer and worried about this, I would dispose of the device and if queried by the ATF assert my 5th Amendment right to remain silent on the issue and then shut the fuck up. I would not make up any story. I would not admit to selling it. I wouldn't even admit to destroying it. I would shut the fuck up and get a lawyer.

So you're saying asserting 5th Amendment rights and getting a lawyer is "messing around?" If they show up with a warrant, cooperate, shut the fuck up, and get a fucking lawyer. Basically I'm saying don't lie to them trying to get it to go away because you're just going to make shit worse. Jails are absolutely full of people who just couldn't shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Hmmmm
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So you're saying asserting 5th Amendment rights and getting a lawyer is "messing around?" If they show up with a warrant, cooperate, shut the fuck up, and get a fucking lawyer. Basically I'm saying don't lie to them trying to get it to go away because you're just going to make shit worse. Jails are absolutely full of people who just couldn't shut the fuck up.
View Quote

There's a bunch of orgs offering insurance/funds for self-defense shoots..... I wonder if any exist to protect from tyrant door kicking/steamrolling?
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Meh.  Lots of GD Rambos here posting things like "grow a pair" advising people to keep their easily traced (stupidly classified) contraband - because the Rambos aren't risking anything.

View Quote

A better comparison would be:
Some people are saying "concealed = concealed" when traveling to Chicago without a CCW permit
Other are countering with "if you don't open carry an AR in Chicago I don't believe you"

Regardless of the comparison above, telling people the only way to prove you don't give a shit is to post pictures on ARF is pants on head retarded.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#31]
I change my opinion. We don't stand a fucking chance. I thought the "fuck you, no" theme going on with FPC would have gained some traction.

When they ultimately ban semi-autos and anything with a removable magazine, you all will comply sooner rather than later and without resistance.

Meanwhile a bunch of heavy hitters kissed their family goodbye last night and are heading back East in C-17s to fight to save other Americans. They believe in something. Several will not return alive. Many of you seem to be playing 2nd Amendment well until it's time to do 2nd Amendment things.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I change my opinion. We don't stand a fucking chance. I thought the "fuck you, no" theme going on with FPC would have gained some traction.

When they ultimately ban semi-autos and anything with a removable magazine, you all will comply sooner rather than later and without resistance.
View Quote

Some will.  Some will probably go out like that final scene in Young Guns.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah, one had been acting deputy director for the tech branch, one was the tech branch trainer, and another is a lawyer. These aren't rando field agents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I look forward to the litigation.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Some people are saying "concealed = concealed" when traveling to Chicago without a CCW permit
Other are countering with "if you don't open carry an AR in Chicago I don't believe you"

Regardless of the comparison above, telling people the only way to prove you don't give a shit is to post pictures on ARF is pants on head retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Akins Accelerator inventor went to court............... and lost.
Good luck getting a reversal on the trigger.

When the BATF re-classified Street Sweepers , Maddi 80% rifles , etc. they ran them all down from sales or shipping records , the same as people making suppressors from flashlight or adapter parts.
If you had one mailed to you its a trail to your door. Cash and carry its out of sight but not worth the penalty of getting popped for an illegal MG charge for an add on trigger.

The fix would be to roll it back to 1986 and have the Form 1 option to make and register a new MG.
View Quote

No record of these when you 3D print them out of plastic. You can burn them to destroy the evidence.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#37]
First, I thought the ATF was a part of the executive branch, enforcing the law, not interpreting it, which I thought was the judicial branch. But what the heck do I know, I wasn't a poli-sci major in college.

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So the ATF just imagined the word "continuous" into the law.

Enforcing: "by the single function of the trigger"
Interpreting: "with a single continuous pull of the trigger"

The other part of the letter that is bothersome is the mention of the $200 plus $200 fee. If they truly feel these are MGs, they know the 1986 rule, so it would be worded differently.

Seems like a money grab and scare tactic.

James

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No record of these when you 3D print them out of plastic. You can burn them to destroy the evidence.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.2tM--meJ04Qu8gkpLhokYgHaF1?pid=ImgDet&rs=1
View Quote

Don't be surprised one day when all these type devices are used to nail the coffin lid down on the whole design.

I doubt the wording continuous pull is being used to make the trigger fit the definition but to say the single function of the trigger has not been completed and more than one round has been fired.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Don't be surprised one day when all these type devices are used to nail the coffin lid down on the whole design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.2tM--meJ04Qu8gkpLhokYgHaF1?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

On the design of what exactly? My finger? Pretty sure that's really what they're after anyways given a long enough time frame.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:42:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If these are considered to be illegal after the court battle a purchaser is out their $400.  

If they're ruled to be legal, the purchaser is out nothing.

If the rules are rewritten to change the definition of MG to make them illegal there is always the slim possibility they will allow NFA registration like they did DIAS and lightning links in the 80s.  A wise person would register it and keep it as a future investment.

A $15 DIAS sells for $15K these days if its registered.

Its a gamble, and at $400 not a very big one.
View Quote

Really sucks, though. It's a 'win' for the atf and they get the tax dollars...
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:51:00 AM EDT
[#41]
I'll occupy a foxhole with you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who said to lie?

So you're gonna spend how much money on a lawyer to eventually tell the ATF it was disposed of?

When you could do it for free and avoid the ATF ripping through your home and possibly killing someone or your dog.

"Just shut the fuck up" is not a blanket approach to every legal situation you might end up in. Unfortunately, the burden is on the owners of the FRT now, so keeping your mouth shut doesn't put you in a good legal position.. In fact, if you wanted to go the lawyer route, you should contact one immediately and have them draft a document communicating that the trigger was disposed of. Waiting for the ATF to kick your door down in full tac gear is retarded at best. So yeah, it's messing around with no clear purpose.

If you disposed of the trigger by destroying and tossing it, and communicate this to the ATF if contacted, it's been a proven strategy to get them to go away.

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There is a difference between being stupid and running around fretting over what the Fed might do like a scared little girl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know why If this ATF determination is upheld, all you would own is a trigger pack that you could never shoot on a public range and serves no purpose other than to be the rope your bring to your own hanging. Even if you shoot on your own property, anything that sounds like full-auto can invite unwanted attention (voice of  experience ).

Well, then why don't you post pics of all your AR15s with a third hole, tough guy!

There are folks here who used to post about stuff but the mods edited the posts and told them to stop. They carried their conversation over to Reddit in the non-stamped NFA items thread.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Horrendous comparisons and blackpills abound.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:15:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hope you are right for laughing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

That part I agree with you since most bought it with credit card online you gave AFT an easy roadmap to find you and harass you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Stevie Wonder saw this coming.
View Quote

Then I guess Stevie Wonder doesn't understand what one shot per trigger pull means.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Then I guess Stevie Wonder doesn't understand what one shot per trigger pull means.
View Quote

He couldn't read the verbiage of the statute
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So you support the 2A, but . . ,. . . .
View Quote

I support the 2A, but I'm not going to jail for breaking an unconstitutional law.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top