Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/16/2023 1:19:49 PM EDT
His idiot buddy or buddies family , details not clear,  has rental property that people are squatting in.  They have been unable to get the squaters out - sherrif dept not criminal civil blah blah blah.  

THE PLAN - BIL's Idiot Buddy and family gin up a lease naming Idiot Buddy as tennant, even going to the trouble of having the document 'notarized' and recorded - no idea what recorded is.

BIL + Idiot Buddy + assorted friends will wait till nobody is on property, swoop in clear the shit out to the driveway. Change locks and board up.  

I'm guessing this will be a shit show ... what's the under / over on someone going to jail
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Zero percent chance of jail.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I put odds they will sue for an illegal eviction or vandalize the property.  Maybe both.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
What squatters?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
What could possibly go wrong?

I await your after action  report. Should be entertaining.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]
SUB-FUCKING-SCRIBED!!
In for the AAR.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Be a shame if a mysterious fire occurred at said residence.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]
we just had a thread on this the other day......the guy did exactly what you described, op.
and he got it on video.
i don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What squatters?
View Quote

Tomato gardens are nice and provide one with fresh produce.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]
But Mr. Sheriff Man Sir we have a notarized document  ...
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What squatters?
View Quote

You mean those people officer? Those people who are trying to commit a home invasion robbery!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
we just had a thread on this the other day......the guy did exactly what you described, op.
and he got it on video.
i don't see the problem.
View Quote

really where?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Smoke them out
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Call the Aft tell them they have braced pistols, frts and stuff.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Hopefully this isn't just another safe thread OP, and I wish you guys all the best of luck in your endeavor to reclaim the property!

- Clint
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Shouldn’t have gone to the sheriff first.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Just don't answer the door when the police are called. Just slip the lease under the door.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#17]
They sound like "professional" squatters who are probably smart enough to not leave the property unoccupied, especially if they know someone is on to them.

Odds of getting locked up for a "self-help" eviction in IL?  Against professional dirtbags who know the system?  If the owner is not of a protected skin color?  Very high.

The only thing I can recommend is to watch the place and look for patterns of comings and goings, and figure out how much time you have to get shit done.  And make sure that all access points are accounted for, including boarding windows.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#18]
The Sheriff wouldn't assist in the eviction?

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:28:59 PM EDT
[#19]
with squatters you should be able to use force to boot them out. This world has become so messed up. That said, this might end up a very epic thread. I will look forward to hearing the details of what happens.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I would certainly do it and deny everything.

I would not tell people about it or post anything online.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hopefully this isn't just another safe thread OP, and I wish you guys all the best of luck in your endeavor to reclaim the property!

- Clint
View Quote
Ditto, and tag for a hopefully good AAR
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

- Clint
View Quote

to be clear no way in hell I'll be anywhere near this goat rodeo - I'm dumb but not THAT dumb

- I might go with sister if BIL needs bailed out  of county lockup
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#23]
much easier way.....give them all free tickets in the mail to a really awesome event going on in town.

the morons will go to the event.

when they are gone...go in and change the locks.

when they return, they will call the police...tell them to show proof of rental agreement or ownership.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I like the plan and don't see how anything could go wrong. I am also subscribing to this. Cause reasons....
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

really where?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and he got it on video.
i don't see the problem.

really where?
It's been posted here a few times (the video).

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Sheriff wouldn't assist in the eviction?

View Quote

civil mater not criminal blah blah blah
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But Mr. Sheriff Man Sir we have a notarized document  ...
View Quote
The squatter videos I have seen, the scumbags always have fake documents.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#29]
... shotguns and a U-Haul?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Are you suggesting faking a contract and having a notary on the hook for notarizing a fake document? Or actually, leasing it to the friend?  

I'd highly suggest against the 1st.  

Depending on the state, you can have them evicted in about 30 days.  they should start that process immediately.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Head to your local garbage company/biker bar... in Minecraft.  Offer the 6 burliest men $500 each to kick the door in and toss any occupants and their shit out on the lawn... in Minecraft.  Then change the locks and call the server admins and have the griefers removed from your Minecraft property.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#32]
This is a complete waste of time unless it is fully video documented. Then, and only then, will I be entertained.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I wouldn't even bother with the lease.  Clear their shit and change the locks while they are gone.  

As long as you have proof of ownership, the Sheriff isn't going to do shit besides trespass them from your property.

This is providing they don't have any documentation showing they should be there of course.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Make sure you fill any shoes with feces
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Would work better with Hells Angels sitting on the porch having a free beer bash comped by the owner. They get to tell the squatters to GTFO
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I've always wondered how squatters, who don't have a signed lease or rental agreement, can't be trespassed off the property by the law after the owner calls on them.

Is this a case of the squatters always having fake docs that lead the law to say they need an order from a judge after he proves the docs are fake?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

interdasting  - seems this worked because those being booted didn't call police

maybe there is hope
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#40]
1.  Hire a real estate lawyer.

2.  Get a court-ordered eviction notice.

3.  Have Sheriff evict them.

It may not even be an eviction unless they were legal tenants at one time.  If they are truly squatters, it may be a different type of notice.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Zero percent chance of jail.
View Quote

OPs in Illinois. Presumably this is where it’s going down.

So I wouldn’t say the odds are zero.

But the lawsuit afterward might be fun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

to be clear no way in hell I'll be anywhere near this goat rodeo - I'm dumb but not THAT dumb

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Clint

You could at least go and sit across the street to live stream to us.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#43]
some guy did that recently on youtube to a lady and she went away complaining,  it has allot of views and people are getting ideas from it.... try that with a couple males involved  and you have whole new problem to contend with.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Are you suggesting faking a contract and having a notary on the hook for notarizing a fake document? Or actually, leasing it to the friend?  

I'd highly suggest against the 1st.  

Depending on the state, you can have them evicted in about 30 days.  they should start that process immediately.
View Quote
All the notary is certifying is that you are the person signing the doc.  They DGAF about the content or whether or not it's legal.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

really where?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and he got it on video.
i don't see the problem.

really where?

wasn't as fun as it could have been

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Homeowner-Ejects-Squatters/5-2630070/
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
1.  Hire a real estate lawyer.

2.  Get a court-ordered eviction notice.

3.  Have Sheriff evict them.

It may not even be an eviction unless they were legal tenants at one time.  If they are truly squatters, it may be a different type of notice.
View Quote

I'd like to say BLIB ( brother in law idiot buddy ) and family have done this but is seems unlikely
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

- Clint
View Quote

They should speak with a RE lawyer in their area and start LEGAL eviction proceedings.  Yes, it will cost a few bucks, but it is much cheaper in the long run.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#48]
OST for the shenanigans.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Telling people about it and posting about it on the internet seems like a wise decision.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#50]
I would have had a really large wood chipper delivered to the site  and start it up about 3 am
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top