Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]
No criminal issues i can see. Posibbly civil issues though. Gotta evict the squatters.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Livestream starts when?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
In AZ, there are squatter rights.
Why do squatters even have rights to property that is not theirs'?

That is not a rhetorical question, I really want to understand why there are squatter rights.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they have a backhoe?

Because you need a a backhoe
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Sign lease with idiot bil, have him move in when the others are gone. When they come home and try to call police have him show the valid lease to the cops. make sure owner is near by to be able to come by and confirm the lease is valid. Idiot needs to stay there not board it up, staying there enforces the lease. Boarding it up makes it look bad.

Cops wont make anyone leave unless the new tenant and owner say to the cops. The idiot is who I have a lease with and he is right here and living here, its current and accurate. I do not have a lease with the "other" people.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shouldn’t have gone to the sheriff first.
View Quote

I'm thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Another thought -  recreational pharmaceutical or stolen property in the place odds are good one or both are there one would  suspect -  that ought to  make it more entertaining  if/when police get involved
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is not a rhetorical question, I really want to understand why there are squatter rights.
View Quote

The legal answer is the cops are not a court, they cant make people leave if they show evidence of living there, a lease clothing mail etc. The courts are the only  ones who make the order for people to leave. Problem is it takes a while to go to court. The real pros at will have multiple leases signed to different people, fake leases. Cops show up to evict mr smith yet the person who answers the door is ms johnson with a lease that looks valid, again the cops cant decide if the lease is valid and they leave.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you post this last week, or are you copying another poster's thread?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Put it in the street, preferably a few houses down or next vacant lot/parking lot, not the driveway.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Ha ha, in for shenanigans!

I guess we’re lucky living here in the non-liberal sane part of the country. I’ve had tenants thrown out on their asses several times for non-payment of rent. Takes a couple of days.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#14]
@citadel  I would love to know where this is going down in IL.  If close enough I would love to watch the fun
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All the notary is certifying is that you are the person signing the doc.  They DGAF about the content or whether or not it's legal.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

We don't really care what the doc is. We can't even give any help at all with the doc other than the wording where we are certifying.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did you post this last week, or are you copying another poster's thread?
View Quote

nope just got off text with BIL - I suspect his buddy may have been inspired by the video looks like it's making the rounds
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What squatters?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#18]
The Hells Angels used to evict squatters for a few cases of beer in the old days.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The Hells Angels used to evict squatters for a few cases of beer in the old days.
View Quote

BIL and BILIB are both in the UAW they ought to know some thugs right?

That would seem much easier
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What could possibly go wrong?

I await your after action  report. Should be entertaining.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Utilize union labor for evictions. I approve of this use of union labor. Anything other than... nevermind, I do not approve of any other union labor.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Squatting a squatter sounds interesting
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
we just had a thread on this the other day......the guy did exactly what you described, op.
and he got it on video.
i don't see the problem.
View Quote

The problem is that they were being far too nice.

I'd not have squatters in the first place.

Fuck "squatters' right."
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The problem is that they were being far too nice.

I'd not have squatters in the first place.

Fuck "squatters' right."
View Quote

i agree

but, point being...they were good with the cops too
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#25]
K9 bedbug inspection.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#26]
In!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Isn't it time to repaint the doors?  They probably need to be removed and transported to a shop to be properly stripped sanded and painted.

(nobody likes to live in a place with no doors.)
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#28]
civil matters is exactly what Sheriffs do......
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#29]
My prediction: the buddy will become the new squatter.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:23:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Sheriff wouldn't assist in the eviction?

View Quote
These stories are getting pretty common.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because our nation has become a joke.

If someone breaks into my home when I am not home, a rental, or a vacation home and sets up house it is insane that they have any rights. It would be more insane that I could not in turn remove their belongings when they step out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Figure up what a lawyer would cost .
Offer the squatters 1/2 that to leave .
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#34]
How I removed squatters in less than a day.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a secret about getting rid of squatters to let OP in on

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It's been posted here a few times (the video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB_hjqZQ1UY
View Quote

This is great.  Fuck squatter's rights
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#38]
If pressed, this has the potential to be a huge shitshow. This isn’t like the case where someone moves into your house with a forged deed/lease while you’re on vacation, in which case I’m fine with any solution someone uses to remove them, it sounds more like normal tenants who just aren’t paying their rent. You can’t just throw them out suddenly and kick all their shit into the street without eviction proceedings.  

Best case, I predict BIL gets sued by deadbeats. Worst case, BIL and buddies get shot because the tenants aren’t actually gone when they break in. 2nd worst case, BIL and buddies get arrested for burglary/home invasion and then get sued by deadbeats.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#39]
For all you "fuck squatters rights" folks, think about it this way:  there are actual, crooked, predatory landlords in the world that will take a poor person's money, make up some bullshit, and toss them out.  Lots of poor people don't know fuck-all about leases and keeping paperwork, and they do fall prey to those evil cocksuckers.  Some poor people are truly illiterate- they just sign whatever is put in front of them.   So yes, there are nasty pieces of shit that take advantage of vacant properties, but that's an issue that can be remedied.

Forcing the issue to go through the courts is to protect EVERYONE'S interests.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
His idiot buddy or buddies family , details not clear,  has rental property that people are squatting in.  They have been unable to get the squaters out - sherrif dept not criminal civil blah blah blah.  

THE PLAN - BIL's Idiot Buddy and family gin up a lease naming Idiot Buddy as tennant, even going to the trouble of having the document 'notarized' and recorded - no idea what recorded is.

BIL + Idiot Buddy + assorted friends will wait till nobody is on property, swoop in clear the shit out to the driveway. Change locks and board up.  

I'm guessing this will be a shit show ... what's the under / over on someone going to jail
View Quote

Why would anyone going to jail?  The squatters didn't go to jail so how would these new "squatters" end up in jail?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Do yourself a favor when watching this video and play it at 1.5 normal speed.  Guy takes FOREVER to tell the story
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If pressed, this has the potential to be a huge shitshow. This isn’t like the case where someone moves into your house with a forged deed/lease while you’re on vacation, in which case I’m fine with any solution someone uses to remove them, it sounds more like normal tenants who just aren’t paying their rent. You can’t just throw them out suddenly and kick all their shit into the street without eviction proceedings.  

Best case, I predict BIL gets sued by deadbeats. Worst case, BIL and buddies get shot because the tenants aren’t actually gone when they break in. 2nd worst case, BIL and buddies get arrested for burglary/home invasion and then get sued by deadbeats.
View Quote

seems somewhere in the middle

someone was supposed to be living in the place while it was renovated - that person left the state but let some other people crash there - I THINK it's the others they're trying to remove  

the whole thing is a red neck mess it sounds like

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#43]
i mean, if someone is squatting, can't someone else just squat too?

Sounds like a plan to me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What squatters?
View Quote

Something
Something
Something
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Are you suggesting faking a contract and having a notary on the hook for notarizing a fake document?
View Quote

The Notary only verifies the signature belongs to the person who signed it, the validity of the document is not their concern.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#46]
The whole squatter's rights thing is just bizarre.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Are you suggesting faking a contract and having a notary on the hook for notarizing a fake document? Or actually, leasing it to the friend?  

I'd highly suggest against the 1st.  

Depending on the state, you can have them evicted in about 30 days.  they should start that process immediately.
View Quote

point of order - it is not the obligation of a notary to verify the authenticity of the document, only the identity of the signatories on the document.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#48]
DO IT! Please.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

because we have allowed too many communists to be elected to seats of power in government
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#50]
The Sopranos did a how to segment related to this during the Hud Scam.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top