Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No, it's ok, I'm not throwing you out.   I sold your organs to some Chinese guys; They'll be here in an hour.  I'm supposed to keep you from leaving... I get my money after they have you in the van.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Send every high school band kid over there next time there's a fundraiser.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
His idiot buddy or buddies family , details not clear,  has rental property that people are squatting in.  They have been unable to get the squaters out - sherrif dept not criminal civil blah blah blah.  

THE PLAN - BIL's Idiot Buddy and family gin up a lease naming Idiot Buddy as tennant, even going to the trouble of having the document 'notarized' and recorded - no idea what recorded is.

BIL + Idiot Buddy + assorted friends will wait till nobody is on property, swoop in clear the shit out to the driveway. Change locks and board up.  

I'm guessing this will be a shit show ... what's the under / over on someone going to jail
View Quote

My wife was telling me just this morning that she had seen this exact same advice on some website she goes to.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For all you "fuck squatters rights" folks, think about it this way:  there are actual, crooked, predatory landlords in the world that will take a poor person's money, make up some bullshit, and toss them out.  Lots of poor people don't know fuck-all about leases and keeping paperwork, and they do fall prey to those evil cocksuckers.  Some poor people are truly illiterate- they just sign whatever is put in front of them.   So yes, there are nasty pieces of shit that take advantage of vacant properties, but that's an issue that can be remedied.

Forcing the issue to go through the courts is to protect EVERYONE'S interests.
View Quote

Come back and let us know how you feel about it when you are away on a vacation or a business trip, and some bums move into your house and it takes you 6 months and thousands of dollars to evict them and fix the damage to the house. This happened to a widow I know in a nice neigborhood  a few blocks over. This kind of shit was unheard of in this country thru much of my life in the 60s 70s and 80s until liberals like YOU with your insane mindset changed a once great nation that worked well on logic for 2 centuries made it the dysfunctional mess that it is today. The USA is now a place where indigents and criminals are coddled and the decent working citizen is victimized.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@citadel  I would love to know where this is going down in IL.  If close enough I would love to watch the fun
View Quote

Yeah, what County?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Just film it and move everything into storage for one month.  Give them the keys/access to retrieve their sh*t.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No, it's ok, I'm not throwing you out.   I sold your organs to some Chinese guys; They'll be here in an hour.  I'm supposed to keep you from leaving... I get my money after they have you in the van.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:58:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Just pee on the squatters to assert dominance
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife practices landlord/tenant law in NYS. Talk about hell on Earth. The sheriff's hands are tied. They help as they can, but liberal legislators, a commie governor and activist justices bend landlords over.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I’d love to learn about where leases are recorded.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Come back and let us know how you feel about it when you are away on a vacation or a business trip, and some bums move into your house and it takes you 6 months and thousands of dollars to evict them and fix the damage to the house. This happened to a widow I know in a nice neigborhood  a few blocks over. This kind of shit was unheard of in this country thru much of my life in the 60s 70s and 80s until liberals like YOU with your insane mindset changed a once great nation that worked well on logic for 2 centuries made it the dysfunctional mess that it is today. The USA is now a place where indigents and criminals are coddled and the decent working citizen is victimized.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For all you "fuck squatters rights" folks, think about it this way:  there are actual, crooked, predatory landlords in the world that will take a poor person's money, make up some bullshit, and toss them out.  Lots of poor people don't know fuck-all about leases and keeping paperwork, and they do fall prey to those evil cocksuckers.  Some poor people are truly illiterate- they just sign whatever is put in front of them.   So yes, there are nasty pieces of shit that take advantage of vacant properties, but that's an issue that can be remedied.

Did you miss the part where I called squatters nasty pieces of shit?

Okay then.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If pressed, this has the potential to be a huge shitshow. This isn't like the case where someone moves into your house with a forged deed/lease while you're on vacation, in which case I'm fine with any solution someone uses to remove them, it sounds more like normal tenants who just aren't paying their rent. You can't just throw them out suddenly and kick all their shit into the street without eviction proceedings.  

Best case, I predict BIL gets sued by deadbeats. Worst case, BIL and buddies get shot because the tenants aren't actually gone when they break in. 2nd worst case, BIL and buddies get arrested for burglary/home invasion and then get sued by deadbeats.
View Quote
Yeah if there WAS a lease agreement, they are tenants and not squatters. Whole different ballgame, even if they aren't paying rent.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wouldn't even bother with the lease.  Clear their shit and change the locks while they are gone.  

As long as you have proof of ownership, the Sheriff isn't going to do shit besides trespass them from your property.

This is providing they don't have any documentation showing they should be there of course.
View Quote

The question is what county in Illinois? If it is Crook, expect six shot Dart and Kim Foxx to go after him.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]
So many BS rules and renter rights to deal with, state by state and county by county.

There are professional companies that do this, all within the law and seem to be successful. If you make a stupid mistake = you will be arrested and spend some time in jail.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What squatters?
View Quote
Why did they start with the sheriffs office?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So many BS rules and renter rights to deal with, state by state and county by county.

There are professional companies that do this, all within the law and seem to be successful. If you make a stupid mistake = you will be arrested and spend some time in jail.

View Quote

Clownworld is wild sometimes
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Tag for updates on shenanigans.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Tagged for outcome
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
we just had a thread on this the other day......the guy did exactly what you described, op.
and he got it on video.
i don't see the problem.
View Quote

You cant use that guys example of a squatter eviction as an example of what to expect. THAT GUY WAS LUCKY! He was able to get into the house while the single woman was out working. She also worked for dept of corrections and didnt want to lose her job by starting a ruckus. Don't try that when the house has a bunch of male squatters, and one or more are always in the house. Many of these people are drifters with nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#20]
This.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a yoot, I rented a house with some knucklehead buddies. The landlord said it came with all the appliances. About 2 weeks in a dude shows up and says all the appliances belong to him. I felt sorry for him. Our lease specified that the appliances had to be there when we left. The landlord said the appliances were purchased by the dude, but it was taken off of his rent. Someone was lying.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

interdasting  - seems this worked because those being booted didn't call police

maybe there is hope
View Quote

Who cares if they call police? It is a civil matter, remember?
(so long as they don’t have some type of mail being delivered there or a rental agreement or something like that.)
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are you suggesting faking a contract and having a notary on the hook for notarizing a fake document? Or actually, leasing it to the friend?  

I'd highly suggest against the 1st.  

Depending on the state, you can have them evicted in about 30 days.  they should start that process immediately.
View Quote
You know all a Notary does is verify the identity of the signer?
My friend could deed me he moon and all the Notary cares about is my ID when signing .
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I bet if the idiot buddy tenant moved in a 20' reticulated python and let it free-roam, the squatters would self-evict.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is unfortunate, but that doesn't give them the right to appropriate other people's property any more than their need for cash makes it OK for them to rob a liquor store.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
...that's an issue that can be remedied.
View Quote

I've got to wonder what your experience with this is.

I have gone through the court system for issues with bad people.

Dude stole $40,000 worth of my NFA firearms. ATF did nothing. Local police took a report, punted case to ATF, who again, did nothing. I sued the bad guy. I paid a bunch of money to file, serve, get an attorney, etc. Easily got a judgement against broke bad guy. Haven't been able to collect a dime or get my property back.

Courts do not protect your interests. Maybe it means you get a fishing license to try to collect from a deadbeat. Similarly, I assume if you were to get a judgement against a squatter that has no money to pay you, has damaged your house, etc., you're not going to be getting a nice cashier's check from their large, liquid bank account.

Forcing the issue to go through courts means I'm now literally out more money than what I originally had stolen.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Annoying!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
His idiot buddy or buddies family , details not clear,  has rental property that people are squatting in.  They have been unable to get the squaters out - sherrif dept not criminal civil blah blah blah.  

THE PLAN - BIL's Idiot Buddy and family gin up a lease naming Idiot Buddy as tennant, even going to the trouble of having the document 'notarized' and recorded - no idea what recorded is.

BIL + Idiot Buddy + assorted friends will wait till nobody is on property, swoop in clear the shit out to the driveway. Change locks and board up.  

I'm guessing this will be a shit show ... what's the under / over on someone going to jail
View Quote
I saw that video on youtube a few days ago. Some trashy woman jail guard moved into an abandoned house, and the son of the owner did that exact thing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In AZ, there are squatter rights.
Why do squatters even have rights to property that is not theirs'?

That is not a rhetorical question, I really want to understand why there are squatter rights.
View Quote
in a word "libtards"
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#30]
This must be a good one - third time it's been posted (thus far) in the thread, second on this page.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Don't forget to post the "free stuff" Ad on Facebook and Craigslist using brand new throw away accounts created at some public wifi somewhere.  That way you'll have lots of other people showing up taking stuff for the squatters to contend with and you don't have to haul away as much junk.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Sheriff wouldn't assist in the eviction?
View Quote

Not without paper, he won't. He'd be stupid to, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I put odds they will sue for an illegal eviction or vandalize the property.  Maybe both.
View Quote

Mmmhm.

ETA: on second thought, if they trash it he will get an insurance check to do some fresh reno at today's inflated prices and they will go away...win/win.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
 About 35: years ago some squatters, 3 guys and a woman where in one of my aunt's rent houses . She  got the same shit from HPD, civil not criminal.  Me and my brother and our 4 cousins show up at the house at 3 am, kick in the front door and rush the place.  One guy tried to fight and he got his ass BEAT.  So the others might as well get some too.

We threw all of thier shit out in the street and them too  We left before any cops could show up. We told them if we had to come back  and they were still there, we would give them a boat ride on the Brazos river.  They left and never came back.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What squatters?
View Quote

The ones who run the risk of getting smoked.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Shouldn’t have gone to the sheriff first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Shouldn’t have gone to the sheriff first.

Quoted:
What squatters?

This is the way
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Strangers Move Into Home Couple Just Bought
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#38]
If I ever have that problem, you all will not know about it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I’d love to learn about where leases are recorded.
View Quote

Typically, it's done at the county recorder's office.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They should speak with a RE lawyer in their area and start LEGAL eviction proceedings.  Yes, it will cost a few bucks, but it is much cheaper in the long run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully this isn't just another safe thread OP, and I wish you guys all the best of luck in your endeavor to reclaim the property!

- Clint

They should speak with a RE lawyer in their area and start LEGAL eviction proceedings.  Yes, it will cost a few bucks, but it is much cheaper in the long run.

Even if the squatters with no assets destroys the house in the years it can take to legally evict them?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
 About 35: years ago some squatters, 3 guys and a woman where in one of my aunt's rent houses . She  got the same shit from HPD, civil not criminal.  Me and my brother and our 4 cousins show up at the house at 3 am, kick in the front door and rush the place.  One guy tried to fight and he got his ass BEAT.  So the others might as well get some too.

We threw all of thier shit out in the street and them too  We left before any cops could show up. We told them if we had to come back  and they were still there, we would give them a boat ride on the Brazos river.  They left and never came back.
View Quote

This is how you handle squatters.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Real Men of Genius award here.

Quoted:
Would work better with Hells Angels sitting on the porch having a free beer bash comped by the owner. They get to tell the squatters to GTFO
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It's been posted here a few times (the video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB_hjqZQ1UY
View Quote

HOLY FUCKING SHIT - I GREW UP IN DETROIT A FEW BLOCKS FROM THAT HOUSE !!!!![/sub]

THAT AUTO PARTS store behind the reporters used to be Laura Hall and is where I had my baptism party in 1966.

The store next to it was BOMBED in the mid-80s.

When we were 5 years old we used to WALK to school, it was a super clean and safe Polish neighborhood.

You couldn't GIVE me a house there now.  6751 Artesian
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#44]
If I owned a rental house and people were squatting there, they'd come home to find all of their shit in the yard...probably burning. Or, maybe just disappeared. I have enough friends with enough trucks that we could probably clear out some squatters' shit in a VERY short time.

You want to squat in a house that I own and not pay me? FUCK YOU! I'll burn every fucking thing you own and not give one single fuck about it. Illegal? Don't give a fuck! Stay the fuck out of other people's houses when you have no right to be there. I have NO sympathy for people that do that shit. FUCK THEM! FUCK THEIR KIDS! FUCK THEIR PETS! FUCK THEIR FAMILY! FUCK THEIR FRIENDS! FUCK THEIR LIFE! I'll go straight to the nuclear option on that one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Parody thread. Oh boy!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:25:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I've told this story on here before.

Back in the mid/late 2000's in Florida, something like every 1 in 3 houses was vacant for one reason or another. The backlogs for evicting people from a house they were foreclosed on was 1.5+ years in most places. You can guess what the level of give a shit was in regards to squatters.

So, allegedly, this happened. In Minecraft. In the greater Tampa area. Allegedly.

Friend's family had a pretty damn nice rental that had the last tenant move out of. They cleaned it, redid some stuff and put it back up for rent. A few weeks after they were done doing whatever they were doing to the house, they started having people call and look at the rental. At some point the mom goes to check on the house and she can't get the front door open. Goes around to the back, same thing. Notices the locks look different. Looks into the windows and notices theres stuff inside like sleeping bags, random boxes, etc.

Friend and 2-3 guys head over later that day. As they're walking around, this car drives up into the driveway and this fat Mexican chick gets out and gets an attitude about what they are doing because this is her house. Surprise, she had come and looked at the rental once. Friend is like oh really, tell me more. Chick actually bluffs with threatening to call the police. LOL

Friend basically tells her they have until tonight to GTFO because its his place and this won't end well. Chick literally says something along the lines of how she knows the law, this is her place and she knows how to game the system.

2 nights later, much recon is done, allegedly. In Minecraft.

It was noted that squatters had changed the locks, but that the garage door opener was the same (they were manually open/closing it via the keypad next to the garage but didn't have the fob) as well as the key code number lock thing on the door from the garage into the house was unchanged.

So then, it was planned, in Minecraft, allegedly, that a few of us with multiple deployments and doing EXACTLY this kind of maneuver, would, allegedly, roll up with a large truck backwards in the driveway, open the garage door, access the house via the garage entry door and surprise the ever living shit out of the 3 occupants while taking 'appropriate precautions' to ensure they didn't try anything stupid.

Allegedly, while 2 people hung out with squatters, another 2 people were grabbing all of their shit and throwing it into the back of the truck, while another 2 were changing locks. In Minecraft. Pictures of drivers licenses and ID's may or may not have been taken. Squatters may or may not have been tossed outside to get into their 1 car that now had no license plate on it. Squatter's stuff may or may not have been thrown onto a burn pit and lit on fire.

Allegedly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It's been posted here a few times (the video).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB_hjqZQ1UY
View Quote
Charlie is awesome!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Foot in ass should be an option
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#50]
How I removed squatters in less than a day.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top