Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May I point out....................plane hits building and not even knocks the stucco off....but a jet liner knocks down the world trade center.  Just saying.   Not even a crack in the stucco.

Not a troll or bullshit post.   Just an observation.
View Quote

Jesus, do they not teach physics in school anymore?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When did “you must log in to prove age” bullshit start on liveleak?

View Quote

Right? Wtf?
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:20:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
May I point out....................plane hits building and not even knocks the stucco off....but a jet liner knocks down the world trade center.  Just saying.   Not even a crack in the stucco.

View Quote
I remember troofers being such retards, that they expected the Pentagon to have the outline of a jet airliner like when bugs bunny runs through a door and you can see the outline of his floppy ears.  I mean the whole
reason that was on bugs bunny is because even children could tell that was absurd and it made them laugh.

Private aircraft are really light. They also don't fly very fast. The passengers alone on a 767 weigh several times what a little airplane like that weighs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:21:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Just asking questions!!"

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:49:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Should have tried on the face and took a selfie
View Quote

I know you're joking and I appreciate gallows humor, believe me I do. But, when you're there looking at something like that stuff like you mention doesn't really cross your mind. Unless there's something wrong with you. Afterwards, maybe.

I saw a woman in a tree that was killed in a tornado and a branch was running through her from behind with her heart on it. That's probably not the worst thing I have seen but it stuck out based on your post and the content of this thread.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember troofers being such retards, that they expected the Pentagon to have the outline of a jet airliner like when bugs bunny runs through a door and you can see the outline of his floppy ears.  I mean the whole
reason that was on bugs bunny is because even children could tell that was absurd and it made them laugh.

Private aircraft are really light. They also don't fly very fast. The passengers alone on a 767 weigh several times what a little airplane like that weighs.
View Quote

I know this is semantics, however just for information's sake...

InB4: Acchthually.....

I think you're referring to FAR part 91 prop driven aircraft, but realistically privately owned aircraft can go pretty fucking fast, depending on the plane. They can be jets too. John Travolta owned a Boeing 707, granted he wasn't flying it under part 91. He also owned an Eclipse 500 which would be fucking sweet.

Some of the bigger Piper propeller driven products can get up into the mid 300's KTS/hr, and then there are experimentals and aerobatic little buggers that can really cook. Lastly there are people flying, under 91, old WWII fighters and those can do 400+!  

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You fail at observing and clearly fail at understanding mass, impact forces, the effects of heat, and how things are built, both vehicles as well as buildings. You fail at trolling and you are in fact full of it.

I would say it is not too much of a stretch to say you fail at life.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I live near a municipal airport and walked up on a twin engine plane that had crashed into the woods behind some houses. This was back in the late 70s. All 4 bodies appeared to be crammed up together in the front of the cabin under the dashboard. It seems that they had stopped at the airport to refuel and the attendant filled it with jet fuel instead of gas! They had enough gas in the lines to takeoff and were trying to circle back to the airport.  I heard this is pilot error as he is responsible to monitor the refueling situation?
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Must have run out of fuel.
View Quote

On the pro pilot forums...a misfuel is suspected.  Commanders can come with turbo props or pistons.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I live near a municipal airport and walked up on a twin engine plane that had crashed into the woods behind some houses. This was back in the late 70s. All 4 bodies appeared to be crammed up together in the front of the cabin under the dashboard. It seems that they had stopped at the airport to refuel and the attendant filled it with jet fuel instead of gas! They had enough gas in the lines to takeoff and were trying to circle back to the airport.  I heard this is pilot error as he is responsible to monitor the refueling situation?
View Quote
My first accident investigation was nearly identical to this except it was in blizzard conditions.
4 highly trained doctors, one a pilot, were flying a piston twin and experienced total whiteout on landing and hit the ground in a nose low attitude.
All 4 grown men smashed up under the instrument panel.
I'll never forget the feeling of looking at such a tremendous loss of life and skill in one small place.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Wtf

Eta: saw the pics in the spoiler posts.  That's brutal, but to be expected when you suddenly stop and drop
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

"I'm just asking questions."
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why people are supposed to be taught basic physics and chemistry before they are allowed to graduate high school.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I know this is semantics, however just for information's sake...

InB4: Acchthually.....

I think you're referring to FAR part 91 prop driven aircraft, but realistically privately owned aircraft can go pretty fucking fast, depending on the plane. They can be jets too. John Travolta owned a Boeing 707, granted he wasn't flying it under part 91. He also owned an Eclipse 500 which would be fucking sweet.

Some of the bigger Piper propeller driven products can get up into the mid 300's KTS/hr, and then there are experimentals and aerobatic little buggers that can really cook. Lastly there are people flying, under 91, old WWII fighters and those can do 400+!  

View Quote
Not that one. It was nowhere near even 200 mph. The pilot wasn't intentionally flying it into a building, he was trying to keep it from falling out of the sky.

He also didn't hit the building so much as scraping it with a wing. He nailed the parking lot at an angle. He didn't head directly into.

This is about troofers being absurdly stupid.  Not lessons on other aircraft not involved in this wreck.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]
One Crazy Summer - Rescue Team
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

On the pro pilot forums...a misfuel is suspected.  Commanders can come with turbo props or pistons.
View Quote

It’s one of the most misfueled prop planes of the day.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think they made some changes after the Christchurch New Zealand Mosque Shooting.  Didn’t the government there start threatening sites or users that had or watched the video? It may be related to that fallout.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

B-25 hit the Empire State Building . It is still standing
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A B-25 is slow and little compared to a 767

The Empire State Building is build like a brick shot house

The twin towers were built cheaply
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Almost certain there was very little fuel on the aircraft.  Ive seen this before many times.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Almost certain there was very little fuel on the aircraft.  Ive seen this before many times.
View Quote

I agree, no fire at all means zero fuel

Now did they not check the tanks prior to take off or did somthing crazy happen?

Even if someone messes up and put jet A in there we should have still seen a fire
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's rough. Hopefully it was over fast.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that was nasty.

That's rough. Hopefully it was over fast.
Based on the blood on the building, he was dead before he hit the ground.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Even if  the wrong fuel was aboard if would have most likely caught fire.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't know this either.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Even if  the wrong fuel was aboard if would have most likely caught fire.
View Quote
With the engines dead?
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#27]
This thread has turned into a 3 way disaster.

Truthers
People who are shocked that Live-Leak now requires a login
People who have seen small plane crash victims.

I can't look away!

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Aero Commander 500S:

Max Gross Weight: 6,750 Lbs
Top Speed: 228MPH

UA175 Boeing 767-200
Weight of fuel alone: ~66,700Lbs
Max Takeoff Weight: 315,000LBS
Cruise speed: 528ish MPH

Get out of here with your truther bullshit.
View Quote

I was going to post this, thank you.  People don't understand science or engineering and then make ridiculous correlations.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Plane at MTOW is 6750lbs
MTOW 767-300 is 400,000lbs

Max speed 215 mph at Sea level v VM0 of 412mph iirc

So you spot the differences not even factoring in fire.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's one of the most misfueled prop planes of the day.
View Quote
Somebody ought to put a great big gasoline sign or Jet fuel sign right next to the fuel door.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#31]
That aircraft had very little forward motion.

Looks like prop strikes along the leading edge of the starboard wing.
Bent tips on the propeller still attached to the piston engine laying a distance away from the aircraft is a huge tell.

Could have been a catastrophic engine mount failure.
Just because there was no fire does not mean it did not have any fuel , the wings are quite intact and fuel tanks may not have been compromised.

@goodn , what do you think ?

Sad deal either way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:36:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Never knew a small plane carries more fuel and is faster than a jet liner. Learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
B-25s are also small. Also slow. And Empire was built heavy.

This is all it did.

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Fucking liveleak

Guess I’ll forget about that place. No way I’ll register an account there lol
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:44:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That aircraft had very little forward motion.

Looks like prop strikes along the leading edge of the starboard wing.
Bent tips on the propeller still attached to the piston engine laying a distance away from the aircraft is a huge tell.

Could have been a catastrophic engine mount failure.
Just because there was no fire does not mean it did not have any fuel , the wings are quite intact and fuel tanks may not have been compromised.

@goodn , what do you think ?

Sad deal either way.
View Quote

I will have to look more when I am at my computer.  Phone screen is too small.

Initial guess...  It is an aero commander.  Some jackwagon filled it with jet a.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd like to know what brand of suitcase that was next to the dead guy. Looks like it must be pretty tough.
View Quote

FPIA

First Post Is Autistic.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Plane at MTOW is 6750lbs
MTOW 767-300 is 400,000lbs

Max speed 215 mph at Sea level v VM0 of 412mph iirc

So you spot the differences not even factoring in fire.
View Quote
I'd like to point out that the 767s weren't going 400mph when they hit the buildings.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

That part in red is bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

The whole internet is turning into a children's nursery.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That’s rough. Hopefully it was over fast.
View Quote

It doesn't get much faster than that.  One second alive, the next you are crushed and torn asunder and your soul has left your body.

I wonder if they target fixated on the building...or were just so out of energy the plane was uncontrollable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like the smear birds leave when they hit my windows. Atleast the finishing move was painless and quick.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This thread has turned into a 3 way disaster.

Truthers
People who are shocked that Live-Leak now requires a login
People who have seen small plane crash victims.

I can't look away!

View Quote

Last fatal I was part of was a part 137 helicopter. Part 137 is agricultural, like crop sprayers.

Dude was in a Bell 47, so imagine a dragonfly scaled up for a good visual.

When he hit, he hit HARD. He looked like wet dog food to be honest. Most was barely recognizable as "used to be human."
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It doesn't get much faster than that.  One second alive, the next you are crushed and torn asunder and your soul has left your body.

I wonder if they target fixated on the building...or were just so out of energy the plane was uncontrollable.
View Quote

I think the aircraft was in a stall and possibly in a flat spin.
Falling out of the sky with no control.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

5000 lbs at 150mph vs 200000 lbs at 500mph

YUGE difference in kinnetic energy
View Quote

Any probably closer to 75, plane was probably on the edge of or fully stalled.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Fuck the piece of shit that uploaded that video.
View Quote

For real.  Sure, take it, it might help the investigation.  But uploader is a POS.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

physics are hard.......85-90 mph in a light weight aircraft versus 500+ mph in a aircraft weighing over 400k....
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Misfueling today should be fucking negligent manslaughter.

If I remember correctly, there was either a recommendation or AD for Twin Commanders to get reduced filler necks that won't fit Jet-A hose nozzles.  That is THE reason Jet-A nozzles on pumps and trucks have the wide rectangular opening and 100LL/AVGAS is a straight pipe.

I'd that plane had AVGAS sized openings and still got Jet-A someone on the ground needs to pay.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Did LL remove the video?
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your high school completely didn’t prepare you in the area of basic scientific thought and physics.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't think they stayed woke.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top