Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Misfueling today should be fucking negligent manslaughter.

If I remember correctly, there was either a recommendation or AD for Twin Commanders to get reduced filler necks that won't fit Jet-A hose nozzles.  That is THE reason Jet-A nozzles on pumps and trucks have the wide rectangular opening and 100LL/AVGAS is a straight pipe.

I'd that plane had AVGAS sized openings and still got Jet-A someone on the ground needs to pay.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the pro pilot forums...a misfuel is suspected.  Commanders can come with turbo props or pistons.

It’s one of the most misfueled prop planes of the day.

If I remember correctly, there was either a recommendation or AD for Twin Commanders to get reduced filler necks that won't fit Jet-A hose nozzles.  That is THE reason Jet-A nozzles on pumps and trucks have the wide rectangular opening and 100LL/AVGAS is a straight pipe.

I'd that plane had AVGAS sized openings and still got Jet-A someone on the ground needs to pay.

We ALWAYS monitor fueling.  I had a guy decades ago fill my lear 25 with avgas
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]

I was just making an observation after being awake for 20 plus hours last night.  6,000 lb plus plane hits the building and it only needs a window and some paint.   You don't find that in the least fascinating?  A fucking car running into it would do more damage IMO.  And yes, I would have expected more damage.  But damn, some of you guys are just hateful assholes of the dick head kind.  

And there are still outstanding questions that need answered about 9/11, I along with a bunch of way smarter people than you or I have some of the same questions.   Maybe stop drinking so much coffee or something.   What's next, threatening my life like the "left" does?   Holy shit.   Struck a nerve it seems.  For fucks sake, I didn't say I don't believe the jets didn't hit.  

Go jump on the dude joking about the tough ass suitcase.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

For real.  Sure, take it, it might help the investigation.  But uploader is a POS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the piece of shit that uploaded that video.

For real.  Sure, take it, it might help the investigation.  But uploader is a POS.

I didn't watch.  But I am not a fan of showing crash victims on a public forum for the gore factor.  Asshole thing to do.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
May I point out....................plane hits building and not even knocks the stucco off....but a jet liner knocks down the world trade center.  Just saying.   Not even a crack in the stucco.

Not a troll or bullshit post.   Just an observation.
View Quote

f=ma

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164656/MIA_Plane_Crash_MJO_1-1569971.jpg

I was just making an observation after being awake for 20 plus hours last night.  6,000 lb plus plane hits the building and it only needs a window and some paint.   You don't find that in the least fascinating?  A fucking car running into it would do more damage IMO.  And yes, I would have expected more damage.  But damn, some of you guys are just hateful assholes of the dick head kind.  

And there are still outstanding questions that need answered about 9/11, I along with a bunch of way smarter people than you or I have some of the same questions.   Maybe stop drinking so much coffee or something.   What's next, threatening my life like the "left" does?   Holy shit.   Struck a nerve it seems.  For fucks sake, I didn't say I don't believe the jets didn't hit.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Way to double down.

Light private plane, likely out of fuel, gliding/likely near or stalled into a building.

Vs heavy commercial jet loaded with fuel, throttles wide open into a building.

Truther.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is a very simple explanation for how the planes brought down the World Trade Center and that has to do with load bearing steel losing its strength when it's heated and how the support for one floor failing creates a domino effect. The very fact that a blacksmith demonstrates this property of steel every time he, you know, works heated steel should be plenty of proof of that. If you can't bother to search for this explanation yourself and read/watch them and thus dispel your uncertainty, well then, you're going to continue to go through life being persecuted for your ignorant belief that there's "uncertainty" just like flat earther people. Willful ignorance isn't a virtue bro.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck the piece of shit that uploaded that video.
View Quote

Why? Choose to view it or not.

That’s a free society.

Don’t be a Karen.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Victim identified in fatal plane crash in Broward County

Plane Crash Kills 2 In Broward

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

The smaller airplane didn’t hit the building perpendicular like 9/11.

As has been mentioned much less mass, fuel and speed.

If you see the first part of the video part of the plane hits the building on more of a glance then a full on hit.

Even if the 9/11 jets hit either WTC at a glance and not a full on hit say a wing and part of an engine then the WTC tower would have survived.

Plus you have the weight of the building above the WTC pushing down on what steel beams remain.

I hear you though, there is some funky happings from 9/11, especially building #7.

But GD is not ready for that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the pro pilot forums...a misfuel is suspected.  Commanders can come with turbo props or pistons.

It’s one of the most misfueled prop planes of the day.

Those diamond DA40's are Jet-A now too and sometimes two of them will be sitting next to each other, one is JetA and the other is 100LL. If you didn't know, you wouldn't know.

I heard wild tales of a CFI who mistakenly put 100ll in the tanks of a jet A variant, thankfully she caught it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
May I point out....................plane hits building and not even knocks the stucco off....but a jet liner knocks down the world trade center.  Just saying.   Not even a crack in the stucco.

View Quote
All that fuel and flammable stuff was burning hot then you add the wind way up there turning it into a crucible that superheated the steel
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#13]

That engine was making power until it made contact with something solid and stopped it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of jet trucks are equipped with both duckbill and round port nozzles for piston aircraft that's been converted to turboprops such as the Piper Jetprop and many civilian helos use smaller fuel ports that require a smaller diameter round nozzle.

Its the responsibility of the pilot to oversee refueling, but in real life...

For me it depends on the airport and FBO. Big chain FBO's have a basic line training program and will see a decent amount of traffic. There you'll usually encounter line staff with a good amount of experience.

I also tend to size up whomever greets us to try and gauge their knowledge/experience before I leave them with whatever I'm flying that day.

If I'm on our Challenger, its single point so I'm not too worried about some kid miss fueling it. But our Citation II is overwing so I'm more cautious and if I'm in our PC-12 I'm am very aware of what's going on especially when were operating into and out of smaller less traveled fields.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That engine was making power until it made contact with something solid and stopped it.
View Quote

Agreed, props will tell the tale.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.

Liveleak must have decided to reduce their number of hits.
View Quote

No, they are trying to cash in on the hits by requiring you have a valid email, etc that they really, really, really promise that they won't sell to any advertisers (wink, wink).
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

if you can't determine the difference between the two situation, well...  let's just say, you'd be doing the world a favor by not procreating.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Look at the deck.
No fuel.
Look at the plane.
No fire, no fuel.

He ran out of gas.
Moron.
Too bad he killed the passengers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Looks like it was making at least some power.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Look at the deck.
No fuel.
Look at the plane.
No fire, no fuel.

He ran out of gas.
Moron.
Too bad he killed the passengers.
View Quote

The fact that there is no fuel on the deck is pretty telling.  There is fuel cells in the wings that would have presumably been ruptured at the very least.  There is a pretty large fuel storage potential on that aircraft.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, they are trying to cash in on the hits by requiring you have a valid email, etc that they really, really, really promise that they won't sell to any advertisers (wink, wink).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Liveleak must have decided to reduce their number of hits.

Just register with a throwaway email account and fake name
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why? Choose to view it or not.

That’s a free society.

Don’t be a Karen.
View Quote

I'll tell you why. My father was killed in a plane crash.  I know there is video footage of both the crash and him being pulled from it.  I would be heart broken to know that people were getting entertainment from seeing those horrible moments.  

Nothing is gained from uploading that sort of thing, except possibly someone making money off of it and others satisfying their morbid curiosity.

ETA-  Yes it is a free society.  I never said it should be illegal.  I am free to call them an asshole.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#23]
What is it with Broward County? Something fishy always going down there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So that part might have been a normal response.

But that is where it went off the rails.

Fucking truthers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey! That fuckin suitcase is no joke! That's some seriously tough luggage with revolutionary implications! Screw the little black box. From now on the flight data recorders oughta be packed in TravelPros. Not only will it survive a crash unscathed but it'll be politely waiting for you next to the crash ready to be wheeled away for analysis. Don't fuck with good luggage! This subject matter is deadly important!
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

f=ma

View Quote
Really it's more of a Kinetic Energy issue.  KE= 1/2mv^2
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mass and velocity, how do they work?
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Suitcase dude asked a useful question.

Theres a big difference between clipping a mailbox with your mirror and running your car through a wall.

Grown men ought to be able to figure simple things like that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

5000 lbs at 150mph vs 200000 lbs at 500mph

YUGE difference in kinnetic energy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with part of his question (re: the lack of damage from the small plane). If you took a 5,000lb pickup and drove it into that building at 150mph wouldn't you expect a HECK of a lot more damage than a dark smear?
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I agree with part of his question (re: the lack of damage from the small plane). If you took a 5,000lb pickup and drove it into that building at 150mph wouldn't you expect a HECK of a lot more damage than a dark smear?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the construction of the building. Reinforced concrete is excellent in compression.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn’t matter how many hours you’ve been awake.   That’s just an excuse.     If you believe that shit, you're a Troofer.  
Thank you for clearing things up for us.   We don’t get a lot of Troofers these days.  It’s kinda nostalgic.  Like a return to a simpler time.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m constantly amazed at how aviation is basically voodoo to a lot of people.     It clipped the wing and nose.   Airplanes are built of light aluminum, similar to what your gutter is made out of.  
An airplane isn’t a pickup truck, there’s nothing in common.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Must have run out of fuel.

It's been 20+ years since I've worked at an FBO, but I recall that the jet fuel nozzles had large rectangular outlets that, in theory, wouldn't fit an AVGAS fill cap. I suppose it's possible the truck wasn't compliant, or the AC was old enough it's fuel ports were larger.

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#36]
As one member says you have to fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible. This pilot failed.
Going from Pompano to Opa Locka not a lot of open space available to land.
I liked the beach route or out west edge of everglades. Probably flew 1k feet over KFLL down I95
corridor.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When did “you must log in to prove age” bullshit start on liveleak?

View Quote

After tha new Zealand thing. Comments on the streamed video etc etc
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's been 20+ years since I've worked at an FBO, but I recall that the jet fuel nozzles had large rectangular outlets that, in theory, wouldn't fit an AVGAS fill cap. I suppose it's possible the truck wasn't compliant, or the AC was old enough it's fuel ports were larger.

https://westechequipment.com/images/products/295SAJ-0200.jpg
View Quote

Hoover nozzle?

Named after it's inventor, RA "Bob" Hoover, whose piston Shrike Commander was mis-fueled with Jet-A.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Depends on the construction of the building. Reinforced concrete is excellent in compression.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Planes are not constructed like pickups.
Especially the wings.
The engine is the only similar part
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#40]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#41]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When did “you must log in to prove age” bullshit start on liveleak?

View Quote

This.  shit, man I am so sick of having to have a fucking account for every fucking website out there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Damn, saw the pics.  Ouch.  I've only seen a couple crashes back when I was still training, but none were that bad.  I'd heard stories of course.  Same thing with motorcycles.  Kind of amazing the pure amount of damage that happens to a body when it hits something hard at high speed....

RIP to pilot and passenger.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
6,000 lb plus plane hits the building and it only needs a window and some paint.
View Quote

That hotel was probably built using lay-down pre-fab concrete panels or else is made up of poured concrete.

That impact is a very glancing blow, probably from the nose.
I'll bet that "stain" above the crash marks is from one of the people on-board the aircraft.

If you see the way the plane is falling from the sky and what's been damaged it's pretty obvious what hit first.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#47]
zzzz
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When did "you must log in to prove age" bullshit start on liveleak?

View Quote
No shit.  I'm not creating an account
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

f=ma

View Quote

KE = 1/2M x V^2

Figure folks on a gun forum would have that down by now
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'll tell you why. My father was killed in a plane crash.  I know there is video footage of both the crash and him being pulled from it.  I would be heart broken to know that people were getting entertainment from seeing those horrible moments.  

Nothing is gained from uploading that sort of thing, except possibly someone making money off of it and others satisfying their morbid curiosity.

ETA-  Yes it is a free society.  I never said it should be illegal.  I am free to call them an asshole.
View Quote

Fascinating to me how often this is the case - personal involvement
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top