Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, so you used your thumb in the ejection port door scallop.

Enjoy the DWR coating on your outerwear no longer working after you get CLP all over it.  Fucking brilliant idea.  

It has a few good uses.  Dealing with malfunctions isn't really one of them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, its one of the reasons they dont work very well.
View Quote

They do okay.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Instruction like this is so incredibly wrong.  If tap-rack-bang (immediate action) does not solve the problem, then you have to pull the mag, lock the bolt back (if this doesn’t happen then you clear the bolt override) and clear the rounds.  Looking at the chamber will only slow down the potential for getting the gun working as quickly as possible.

Please don’t teach this objectively inefficient process to people.  
View Quote

St Kyle of Kenosha didn't have time for all of that. Just a couple of taps and he was back in business. Grossklutz has the missing bicep to prove it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They dont.
View Quote

Not compared to an AR, but compared to the abortions that sig is putting out to replace the m4, the AK is a lightweight beast.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The forward assist was very popular on the rifle ranges at Fort Benning in the 1980s. I attribute it mostly to the abused magazines we were issued. The guys that loaded them destroyed the feed lips with their abusive speed loading techniques. Magazines set down in the sand next to you (to save a few seconds pulling them from a magazine pouch) was probably the number two reason the bolt would not fully close during qualification.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well........ you got me there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but compared to the abortions that sig is putting out to replace the m4, the AK is a lightweight beast.

Well........ you got me there.

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Enjoy the DWR coating on your outerwear no longer working after you get CLP all over it.  Fucking brilliant idea.  

View Quote

You trying to stuff your entire jacket in there or something?

Oh well, as long as it doesn’t fuck with Sawyer’s Permethrin I’m still good. I’m more worried about ticks than my rifle not having a FA.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

St Kyle of Kenosha didn't have time for all of that. Just a couple of taps and he was back in business. Grossklutz has the missing bicep to prove it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instruction like this is so incredibly wrong.  If tap-rack-bang (immediate action) does not solve the problem, then you have to pull the mag, lock the bolt back (if this doesn’t happen then you clear the bolt override) and clear the rounds.  Looking at the chamber will only slow down the potential for getting the gun working as quickly as possible.

Please don’t teach this objectively inefficient process to people.  

Crying shame too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Eh.  I'm used to it now.  After using them for so long in the military, having an AR pattern weapon without a FA feels odd.

You probably don't need one, it's true.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#14]
KR used it

forward assist confirmed based
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe his guns a squirter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You trying to stuff your entire jacket in there or something?

Oh well, as long as it doesn’t fuck with Sawyer’s Permethrin I’m still good. I’m more worried about ticks than my rifle not having a FA.

Maybe his guns a squirter?

Well, I guess that’s the chance you take when you shove your fingers in a dirty port.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I tried tearing them down once, but the limestone was too hot and I burned my fingers, because pyramid blocks sitting in the sun get hotter than a BCG does.
View Quote

They aren't very well put together.  I bet you could just climb to the top and just kick em over.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I appreciate the aesthetics of a slick upper but I've used the forward assist a few times in my long life and it's part of my tap-rack-bang reflex, so I want one on my AR.  But, I'll be me, you do you, IDGAF.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#18]
had a shit applied, too thick battleworn cerakote job on an upper.  needed it to ram rounds home to function.  it's most defiantly needed
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I like a forward assist.  I've needed it a couple of times to coax a round home and I use it while hunting with an AR all the time.

So to make things clear:

I like a forward assist
I like 9mm over .45
I use Mobile 1 synthetic as lube on my guns
Quad rail is best rail
Chili isn't chili without beans
Glocks are best striker guns

Have I missed any?
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The forward assist was very popular on the rifle ranges at Fort Benning in the 1980s. I attribute it mostly to the abused magazines we were issued. The guys that loaded them destroyed the feed lips with their abusive speed loading techniques. Magazines set down in the sand next to you (to save a few seconds pulling them from a magazine pouch) was probably the number two reason the bolt would not fully close during qualification.
View Quote

Holy fuck.  I forgot all about that dumb shit (I was there in the 90’s).  The stupid - it burns!
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He didn’t design is as a 223 in the first place either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best answer for this question. Did Eugene Stoner designed it in the first place?

He didn’t design is as a 223 in the first place either.

He also didn't think a chrome-lined bore and chamber were necessary either, IIRC.

As far as the .223 issue:  The .308 buffer spring had more than enough power to chamber a round, not so much the 5.56 under certain conditions (like limp-wristing when you charge the weapon from the CH).  That's why a lot of people teach to lock the bolt back, insert the mag, and charge the first round with the bolt release.  Or so a sheriff's department armorer told me back in 1992.  If I'm not mistaken, most .308 versions do not have a forward assist.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He also didn't think a chrome-lined bore and chamber were necessary either, IIRC.

As far as the .223 issue:  The .308 buffer spring had more than enough power to chamber a round, not so much the 5.56 under certain conditions (like limp-wristing when you charge the weapon from the CH).  That's why a lot of people teach to lock the bolt back, insert the mag, and charge the first round with the bolt release.  Or so a sheriff's department armorer told me back in 1992.  If I'm not mistaken, most .308 versions do not have a forward assist.
View Quote
Not accurate from my observations.

Nick
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nick
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nick

I admit I don't keep up with the .308 version like I did when they first came out.  I do not believe the SR25 ever had the FA.  I didn't think it was a "thing" with .308 versions.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like a forward assist.  I've needed it a couple of times to coax a round home and I use it while hunting with an AR all the time.

So to make things clear:

I like a forward assist
I like 9mm over .45
I use Mobile 1 synthetic as lube on my guns
Quad rail is best rail
Chili isn't chili without beans
Glocks are best striker guns

Have I missed any?
View Quote

Coke or Pepsi
Blonde or Brunette
Boobs or butt
Chevy, Ford, Dodge or Toyota
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nick
View Quote

Depends. The 308s that are most likely to be fielded to Soldiers don’t have an FA. Commercial guns often do.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top