Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 3:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

His statement does not address the tranny in any way. He only alludes to the reaction, ie still blames the negativity on the reactors, and claims neutrality and wanting to "bring people together over beer," ie they still support inclusivity. Dont know how anyone can see this as "backpedaling as fast as possible." It is a master class in soulless corporate PR spin wordsmithing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are in full damage control mode and backpedaling as fast as possible.

His statement does not address the tranny in any way. He only alludes to the reaction, ie still blames the negativity on the reactors, and claims neutrality and wanting to "bring people together over beer," ie they still support inclusivity. Dont know how anyone can see this as "backpedaling as fast as possible." It is a master class in soulless corporate PR spin wordsmithing.

Yeah, you're right.

"Backpedaling" isn't the right word.

But they know they fucked up BAD, and they are ARE desperately trying to un-fuck the situation.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
How is it possible the CEO doesn't realize how bad of a screw up this was?  He is staying low key hoping this just blows over in a few days.  

The second day after this blew up he should have made a public statement that this was a regional marketing attempt by one person, that is missed the mark with their core customers terribly, the person has been reassigned, and they are putting measures in place to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.  That probably would have stopped the backlash.  

Instead they put the idiot marketing VP on bragging how she was the first woman VP and the company tasked her with getting rid of the fratty and sexist image of the brand (ie customers) by going after new younger (non-offensive) beer drinkers.  Someone told instructed her to make a statement.  Then for management to come back and try to say "we didn't know about it" after the VP said she was given that task and was eagerly trying to carry it out...everything after that point will be considered to a lie from AB.

It's one thing for a liberal VP to push a narrative, it's another for the management of the company to try to deny it after the fact, then after the internet exploded with Bud Light memes still think they could just issue some generic statement about and run a generic horse commercial and think everything will be ok shows how clueless AB management really is.  There is nothing AB can do at this point to stop this from being the summer of memes and comments of "you are drinking tranny fluid".  No commercial, no matter how patriotic or American Spirit related is going to turn this around.  No celebrity can turn this around, Don Jr being mocked for it is a perfect example.

The only way this could change is if all the other major beer companies also hired that person and put that face on the can.  Taking away the options/competition is about the only way AB could change this and I don't see that happening.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Had lunch with friends at a bar/restaurant in Fairfield County, Connecticut an hour ago. Maybe 6 people at the bar.

1 Bud Light (obvious leftist), 1 regular Bud (older sports ball type) amongst other drinks I could see.

Nobody cares.

Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How is it possible the CEO doesn't realize how bad of a screw up this was?  He is staying low key hoping this just blows over in a few days.  

The second day after this blew up he should have made a public statement that this was a regional marketing attempt by one person, that is missed the mark with their core customers terribly, the person has been reassigned, and they are putting measures in place to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.  That probably would have stopped the backlash.  

Instead they put the idiot marketing VP on bragging how she was the first woman VP and the company tasked her with getting rid of the fratty and sexist image of the brand (ie customers) by going after new younger (non-offensive) beer drinkers.  Someone told instructed her to make a statement.  Then for management to come back and try to say "we didn't know about it" after the VP said she was given that task and was eagerly trying to carry it out...everything after that point will be considered to a lie from AB.

It's one thing for a liberal VP to push a narrative, it's another for the management of the company to try to deny it after the fact, then after the internet exploded with Bud Light memes still think they could just issue some generic statement about and run a generic horse commercial and think everything will be ok shows how clueless AB management really is.  There is nothing AB can do at this point to stop this from being the summer of memes and comments of "you are drinking tranny fluid".  No commercial, no matter how patriotic or American Spirit related is going to turn this around.  No celebrity can turn this around, Don Jr being mocked for it is a perfect example.

The only way this could change is if all the other major beer companies also hired that person and put that face on the can.  Taking away the options/competition is about the only way AB could change this and I don't see that happening.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Had lunch with friends at a bar/restaurant in Fairfield County, Connecticut an hour ago. Maybe 6 people at the bar.

1 Bud Light (obvious leftist), 1 regular Bud (older sports ball type) amongst other drinks I could see.

Nobody cares.

View Quote

i offset casual bar drinkers by orders of magnitude
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody cares.

LOL excellent brother, raising my glass to you right now.

Buddy I was with actually suggested taking the leftist's beer away and ordering a round for the bar in lieu, not sure if he was serious.

He decided against it with my (and our wives) help.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nobody cares.
View Quote

Golf tournament yesterday.

People cared.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

People cared.
View Quote
Played 27 Friday and 18 Saturday out of town.  The course we played sold out of Miller light early Friday.  People are boycotting, someone ordered a ultra and their group called them a commie.   It wasn't a tournament just normal play day.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Had to go inside at thr gas station, noticed they sold beer.  "Say, have you noticed any difference in Bud Light Sales?"

"I've sold about 25% my normal volume of Bud Light?   ... why can't they just make beer, and STFU?"
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#11]
One aspect we haven't heard of: blackmail. The commies aren't averse to ANY low-handed tricks.
A friend of my brother's (the mayor of a small town) was subjected to financial ruin of his small business, if he didn't vote in favor of an abortion clinic- one which the majority of his constituents did not want.
It's entirely possible that many people who run these recently-woke companies have been extorted in some way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Guys at my shop who were die hard BL drinkers said no way they were gonna buy tranny juice.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One aspect we haven't heard of: blackmail. The commies aren't averse to ANY low-handed tricks.
A friend of my brother's (the mayor of a small town) was subjected to financial ruin of his small business, if he didn't vote in favor of an abortion clinic- one which the majority of his constituents did not want.
It's entirely possible that many people who run these recently-woke companies have been extorted in some way.
View Quote

Likely
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's the Jesse Jackson extortion model. Those BLM founder gals pretty much just borrowed their entire plan from the BPP and Jesse Jackson on extorting businesses with court action,  public blacklisting, protesting and aligned propaganda within their own demographic ( The entire woke Left in this instance) to extort money and action to promote their agenda and gain more influence.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Who is Bud Lite's immediate competition. Has their stock value increased after all this?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Who is Bud Lite's immediate competition. Has their stock value increased after all this?
View Quote

I presume it is Miller Lite. Was 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's the Jesse Jackson extortion model. Those BLM founder gals pretty much just borrowed their entire plan from the BPP and Jesse Jackson on extorting businesses with court action,  public blacklisting, protesting and aligned propaganda within their own demographic ( The entire woke Left in this instance) to extort money and action to promote their agenda and gain more influence.
View Quote

JJ was a master of shakedown
Bringing him into the conversation is funny because he got his son one of the biggest budweiser distributorships.  It was a while ago but they probably still own it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Played 27 Friday and 18 Saturday out of town.  The course we played sold out of Miller light early Friday.  People are boycotting, someone ordered a ultra and their group called them a commie.   It wasn't a tournament just normal play day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People cared.

Glad to hear that!
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Has this been posted yet?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#20]
One way or the other, it will eventually be a case study in an mba program.  Might be an interesting thing to put in your long term planner to check in a few years.  This thread should run a long time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nobody cares.

View Quote

You are wrong. I asked at the place today that I had lunch and the place I had dinner at 2 nights ago. Bud Light sales are down to almost nothing. The dinner place said they did not even restock this week on the weekly beer and liquor order. They said all AB product sales are down but some Bud Light drinkers switched to Michelob Ultra.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#22]
The boycott is definitely having an affect in my area . We will see how it is next weekend .
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:39:01 PM EDT
[#23]
They can mess with our kids, but you sure as shit better not mess with the beer.

How sad are the American people?
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They can mess with our kids, but you sure as shit better not mess with the beer.

View Quote

About as sad as them hating Disney, cheering the government on as they punish Disney, while still continuing to buy Disney products.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#25]
After clocking out the other day (work in a grocery store) I followed an older man down the beer isle trying to decide what to purchase and take home. He hit the end of the isle, turned around and saw me in my company monkey suit and asked me in his LS/TX mangled garb where is XYZ. I pointed to a shelf in the cooler about three feet away.  

He kind of grumbled about them only having 6 packs of long necks(wanted cans), and just a few of them. He loaded up his cart with the last of them, 3. I pointed out to him that there are a few over here on the hot side.

He verbally kind of hemmed and hawed, but then like a light bulb went off He said " thats a good idea just incase, it'll get drank either way". I made my selection and headed on to the door and he exclaimed, "I rather buy XYZ than that Fairy shit AB is selling nowadays."

Since the customer is always right, I felt justified in my use of "I feel you, sir!" incase anyone overheard us.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 10:15:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

About as sad as them hating Disney, cheering the government on as they punish Disney, while still continuing to buy Disney products.
View Quote

Most humans are hypocrites to some extent, and it doesn't matter what side you're on, people are people.

The older I get the more disappointed I am in my fellow humans, myself included.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 10:22:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It would be nice if people on the right had the principles and conviction to do this with all leftist allied businesses/industries.
View Quote

I'm doing my part.  Chinesium products are my prime target.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

We fought a world spanning empire because they taxed our Tea.

Never fuck with Americans beverages.  The British learned this the hardway and now its Budweiser's turn.

Link Posted: 4/17/2023 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#30]
As of the 15th a 21% drop in sales volume.
I'm guessing the drop will increase by next reporting.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/04/24/bud-boycott-slashes-sales-17-percent/amp/
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#31]
The key take away in all this - and I hope all large corporations are paying attention (or at least the ones I own stock in):

It is absolutely and profoundly retarded, I mean, INDESCRIBABLY so, to somehow think it’s a good idea to get your brand jammed up in the middle of a horrendously controversial political issue, and especially appearing to be in support of one for which reliable statistical clues exist that probably more than 200 million American customers do not agree with.

This disaster for Budweiser is going to be remembered and studied by brand and marketing experts for YEARS now.

This may well prove to be one of the greatest brand and image marketing disasters in history.

Fucking absolute idiots.

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I was just in my local Sam's Club, and asked one of the stocking clerks of the status of bud light.

She said they have not restocked any in several days now.

We both had a nice laugh about this.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And watching SPORTSBALL, sipping a budlight all decked out in Nike gear waiting for the next hollyweird film to come out...

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#34]
This is the new Kroger ad for Bud Light.  Manufacture's discount takes about 33% off the price.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#35]
About 10:30 in Walmart this morning, Yuengling bottles had been wiped out.
Cases & cases of Bud/Bud Light.
I'm gonna have to neckbeard Yuengling bottles.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#36]
This should be turned into a sticker and slapped on to Bud Light displays in the stores.  Bud Light should appreciate the extra free marketing material...

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:40:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their contempt for their customers is palpable. And the launch of the hackneyed "muh 'merica!" commercial just underscores how stupid they think their customers are.

The alliance with the tranny was a huge mistake, but their arrogance has been kind of a surprise. Now that I see they're being run by ivy league elitists I guess I shouldn't be so surprised after all.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Just make a very simple statement Bud Light "We believe there are only two genders, men and women."  

That and fire the VP, no simple leave of absence and you've got your company back.  Sure, the left wingers will have a hissy fit and Tweet a lot, big whoop they don't buy your beer anyways and eventually they'll run out of steam.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You are looking at what this has done to the company as a whole. What has happened to the sales of Bud Light? How many of their customers have switched from Bud Light to another of their products not realizing it is the same company? Will they stick with the company produce or change again? There are a lot of unknowns at this point. I think they have stuck their foot in a big pile of BS and are trying to decide if they should turn around or continue on the woke path.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anheuser-Busch Loses More than $6 Billion in Market Value Following Transgender Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light Deal
Still up 45% from Octoberfest.

You are looking at what this has done to the company as a whole. What has happened to the sales of Bud Light? How many of their customers have switched from Bud Light to another of their products not realizing it is the same company? Will they stick with the company produce or change again? There are a lot of unknowns at this point. I think they have stuck their foot in a big pile of BS and are trying to decide if they should turn around or continue on the woke path.

This is the way to look at it. As a corporation, each division has its own income targets. Bud Light is a significant part of AB income and it causing a 6 billion dollar hit is really an indication how heavily it has been impacted.

If one of your flagship brands, you thought was a reliable source of revenue, suddenly becomes average compared to your other brands, you aren't likely to try the same mistake with your other brands. I don't know the exact numbers, but if Bud Light accounted for 25% of total revenue, and overnight is 15%, that's a wake up call. Brand loyalty is a thing, and they won't get consumers back as quickly as they lost them.

The boycott doesn't need to drive AB stock to zero to be a success, it needs to make an example of Bud Light.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This is the way to look at it. As a corporation, each division has its own income targets. Bud Light is a significant part of AB income and it causing a 6 billion dollar hit is really an indication how heavily it has been impacted.

If one of your flagship brands, you thought was a reliable source of revenue, suddenly becomes average compared to your other brands, you aren't likely to try the same mistake with your other brands. I don't know the exact numbers, but if Bud Light accounted for 25% of total revenue, and overnight is 15%, that's a wake up call. Brand loyalty is a thing, and they won't get consumers back as quickly as they lost them.

The boycott doesn't need to drive AB stock to zero to be a success, it needs to make an example of Bud Light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anheuser-Busch Loses More than $6 Billion in Market Value Following Transgender Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light Deal
Still up 45% from Octoberfest.

Exactly.  This isn’t going to bring the giant down.  But the boycott appears to be causing measurable harm to their flagship line.

I can only imagine the stress that this has caused to that division’s management.

Contrarians seem to gloat about the propped up stock price, but this has struck a pretty hard blow to one of their major brands.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Longmire's beer is a real product? never seen it, but never bothered to look. just figured it was a fake beer made up to avoid product placement rules.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You are wrong. I asked at the place today that I had lunch and the place I had dinner at 2 nights ago. Bud Light sales are down to almost nothing. The dinner place said they did not even restock this week on the weekly beer and liquor order. They said all AB product sales are down but some Bud Light drinkers switched to Michelob Ultra.
View Quote

Fuck,one of my customers is a salesman for Bud and he gave me a bunch of budweiser oroducts because no one wants it.. Whiskerz come on by, we will drink it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Bud is not even worthy enough to dilute my urine.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Fuck,one of my customers is a salesman for Bud and he gave me a bunch of budweiser oroducts because no one wants it.. Whiskerz come on by, we will drink it.
View Quote

Go to your local grocery store and say you would like to return them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Well…
This little nugget came across my computer this morning.  
Looks like Newsweek polled some people and it’s not as bad for Bud Lite after all.  

Bud Lite
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is the new Kroger ad for Bud Light.  Manufacture's discount takes about 33% off the price.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/680/budlight_JPG-2796511.jpg
View Quote

i honestly dont remember ever seeing a mfg rebate for beer before.  

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well…
This little nugget came across my computer this morning.  
Looks like Newsweek polled some people and it’s not as bad for Bud Lite after all.  

Bud Lite
View Quote

Sure.  And Hilary was leading in every exit poll I saw, right up until the end.

The other thing they didn't take into account are the people who are dropping all products from InBev.  Ultra, Corona, etc.  Most of my friends who were Ultra or Bud Light drinkers have switched to Yuengling products or Coors Light.  That's gonna be a LOT of cases of InBev beers not sold over the course of this year.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#48]
That’s it!  I’m not drinking anymore Bud Light and I’m not using anymore. Maybelline mascara.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sure.  And Hilary was leading in every exit poll I saw, right up until the end.

The other thing they didn't take into account are the people who are dropping all products from InBev.  Ultra, Corona, etc.  Most of my friends who were Ultra or Bud Light drinkers have switched to Yuengling products or Coors Light.  That's gonna be a LOT of cases of InBev beers not sold over the course of this year.
View Quote

Thats the fate of a product that is now seen as a gay beer. Would you want your friends to see you drinking it?
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wouldn't even drink it if it was free. And that's before all this tranny shit.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top