Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12264303/Bud-Light-sales-shrunk-28-week-holiday-weekend.html

Bud Light sales shrunk 28% in the week before holiday weekend - the second worst year-on-year sales decline since Dylan Mulvaney backlash began

Bud sales dropped 27.9% in week ended June 24 compared to that week in 2022
   That drop is less than the drop it experienced the week ended June 17 - 28.5%

By Neirin Gray Desai For Dailymail.Com

Published: 19:16 EDT, 4 July 2023 | Updated: 01:46 EDT, 5 July 2023

Ahead of the Fourth of July weekend Bud Light sales remained much lower than in the same period last year.

Sales of Bud Light dropped 27.9 percent on last year in the week ending June 24, which is slightly better than its worst decline on record - 28.5 percent the week before, according to Nielsen IQ data provided by Bump Williams Consulting to The New York Post

But unit sales were still deteriorating - down 31.3 percent for the week ending June 24, worse than the 31.1 percent decline in the week before.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2023/07/05/00/72854059-12264303-image-a-10_1688512280593.jpg

-------------

Fox news shoots itself in the foot. Again:

Are they TRYING to take down folds of honor?!?!?!?

STOP IT YOU RETARDS.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
SOURCE: Top Anheuser-Busch Marketing Executives Behind Boycott Are No Longer Employed

https://images.dailycaller.com/image/width=1280,height=549,fit=cover,f=auto/https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/Screen-Shot_Daily-Updates-News_Youtube_Alissa-Heinerscheid-e1687872312549.jpg

The two top Anheuser-Busch marketing executives who were placed on leave amid the company shakeup no longer work for the brand, a source inside Anheuser-Busch confirmed in texts obtained by the Daily Caller on Tuesday.

Group Vice President for Marketing Daniel Blake and Bud Light Marketing Vice President Alissa Heinerscheid are “gone gone,” according to obtained text messages with a current regional head of marketing. The Caller is granting anonymity to the source to discuss legally fraught internal company policy.

“To my understanding if we publicly announced the word ‘fire’ it opens up the potential for them to sue us. Thats why we said leave of absence,” the source said in a text message obtained by the Caller.

“The wholesalers would have had an absolute HAY DAY with leadership if they didn’t remove her,” the source inside the company also said.

“To be fair- Daniel Blake was actually awesome. I think he was just caught in cross fire. But also he did hire her… so that’s a fault,” the source continued.

“Wholesalers were told they are both gone for good by leadership during in person conversations. They already shifted all their direct reports to new people and the head of marketing,” the source added in another text message obtained by the Caller....

View Quote

Im not a lawyer, but im curious as to the legal standing a "wrongul termination" lawsuit would have against a "your ad campaign cost us 6 BILLION + dollars lawsuit and were fired".  

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Im not a lawyer, but im curious as to the legal standing a "wrongul termination" lawsuit would have against a "your ad campaign cost us 6 BILLION + dollars lawsuit and were fired".  

View Quote

There is no such thing at the VP level.  The stakes are high and the consequences are even higher.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What that...person...fails to realize is that none of us are transphobic or hateful. We just don't agree with your life choices.

They're free to make their own life choices. So long as they understand that not everyone is going to agree with or support those choices. But that doesn't mean they're transphobic or hateful. I don't hate gay or trans people. I don't not hate them, either. I honestly could not care less what they do with their ow lives so long as it doesn't affect me or anyone else in a negative way. I am, however quite indignant when it comes to them giving people like me shit simply because I don't agree with their lifestyle. Me not agreeing with it, to them, equals hate. But it's not about hate. It's about me not caring one single iota about you or your choices.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

“I was waiting for the brand to reach out to me, but they never did. … For a company to hire a trans person and then not publicly stand by them is worse, in my opinion, than not hiring a trans person at all because it gives customers permission to be as transphobic and hateful as they want,” Mulvaney said.

What that...person...fails to realize is that none of us are transphobic or hateful. We just don't agree with your life choices.

They're free to make their own life choices. So long as they understand that not everyone is going to agree with or support those choices. But that doesn't mean they're transphobic or hateful. I don't hate gay or trans people. I don't not hate them, either. I honestly could not care less what they do with their ow lives so long as it doesn't affect me or anyone else in a negative way. I am, however quite indignant when it comes to them giving people like me shit simply because I don't agree with their lifestyle. Me not agreeing with it, to them, equals hate. But it's not about hate. It's about me not caring one single iota about you or your choices.

The problem is, he can't "do" his beliefs in the real world if you and I don't behave as he wants us to.

They cannot maintain the delusion because they keep running into reality, and it reminds them their beliefs are false.

Cognitive dissonance, on steroids - where even your own body, thinking, and feelings refuse to comply. I can't imagine how miserable it must be.

ETA: this is why they say it is genocide to not believe what they say we must believe, and act as they want us to. We have to make up for the fact that they can't even do it themselves.

... and this is what AB/Inbeve chose to support.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It would be fun if there was video of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went to the Cardinals game last week and during one of the breaks they put a guy up on the Jumbotron and he was holding a BL tall boy. The crowd started booing him while he was on the screen.  If you get booed at Busch Stadium for holding a Bud Light, you know it's really bad and worse than they are saying.

It would be fun if there was video of that.
For sure! It was during one of those ones where they go around the crowd and show people stuffing their faces with food, I doubt anyone was taking a video of that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to see every manager that supported this shit gone but I hate what it has to be doing to the little man like delivery drivers.  Years ago at least that was a very good paying job but very much a hard one.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You need to think bigger.
They just spent a shitload in most finance newspapers to spin this as a temporary issue that will be gone by next quarter thanks to their traditional marketing.

They're going to point to the retail sales due to these rebates as proof and justification. It'll probably prevent mass collapse this quarter.
What happens when people getting free beer dries up?

It's a dead brand And no one knows it yet.

Full disclosure I am currently short bud.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got a free 12 back of Budweiser.
Paid 9.95 and got a $10 rebate.

I look forward to never purchasing an AB product again in my life. They're going to have a traumatic next quarter when their sales drop even farther from their currently artifical sales due to rebate programs.

Coming out thread?

No kidding, that is nothing to brag about.

They just spent a shitload in most finance newspapers to spin this as a temporary issue that will be gone by next quarter thanks to their traditional marketing.

They're going to point to the retail sales due to these rebates as proof and justification. It'll probably prevent mass collapse this quarter.

You're missing the point. Sales are tracked so that the various brands can advertise and leverage for shelf space. With bud light not the most popular beer brand, taken recently by modelo, they lose leverage to keep their drinks on the shelves. Right now, their focus is to keep that number up so they don't lose shelf space to their competitors. Hence the deep discounta and rates. And when people buy it, that helps with leverage to kewp the beer on the shelf instead of helping other brands getting their drinks on shelves.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You're missing the point. Sales are tracked so that the various brands can advertise and leverage for shelf space. With bud light not the most popular beer brand, taken recently by modelo, they lose leverage to keep their drinks on the shelves. Right now, their focus is to keep that number up so they don't lose shelf space to their competitors. Hence the deep discounta and rates. And when people buy it, that helps with leverage to kewp the beer on the shelf instead of helping other brands getting their drinks on shelves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got a free 12 back of Budweiser.
Paid 9.95 and got a $10 rebate.

I look forward to never purchasing an AB product again in my life. They're going to have a traumatic next quarter when their sales drop even farther from their currently artifical sales due to rebate programs.

Coming out thread?

No kidding, that is nothing to brag about.

You got the brass ring!
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The problem is, he can't "do" his beliefs in the real world if you and I don't behave as he wants us to.

They cannot maintain the delusion because they keep running into reality, and it reminds them their beliefs are false.

Cognitive dissonance, on steroids - where even your own body, thinking, and feelings refuse to comply. I can't imagine how miserable it must be.

ETA: this is why they say it is genocide to not believe what they say we must believe, and act as they want us to. We have to make up for the fact that they can't even do it themselves.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“I was waiting for the brand to reach out to me, but they never did. … For a company to hire a trans person and then not publicly stand by them is worse, in my opinion, than not hiring a trans person at all because it gives customers permission to be as transphobic and hateful as they want,” Mulvaney said.

Severe mental illness isn’t a “lifestyle choice”. It’s severe mental illness.  Not to be celebrated. Not to be encouraged.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Our participation is required at all times.  

"The boycotts will continue until the values improve."
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I want to see every manager that supported this shit gone but I hate what it has to be doing to the little man like delivery drivers.  Years ago at least that was a very good paying job but very much a hard one.
View Quote

They're no different than any other Americans who've had to start again.

They will find other jobs.  Maybe make it easier if they denounce their allegiance to the woke agenda.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Kind of wondering why the transgenders and democrats (allies and lovers it seems) haven't started a buy bud lite counter measure to help out AB/Inbev.
(sarcasm off, leftists never reach into their own wallets)
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

"I think one of the things that you're likely to see if some of that challenge [with Bud Light] continues is when we look at shelf resets in the back half of the year," Newlands told analysts on an earnings call just a few days ago. "Many retailers look at velocities as they are doing their shelf resetting, which, again, often happens in the fall. And that always works to our advantage. I think the retailing environment has gotten very, very sophisticated about seeing where the growth profiles are and the velocities against those."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bud-lights-troubles-may-extend-into-fall-oktoberfest-season-160336461.html
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Kind of wondering why the transgenders and democrats (allies and lovers it seems) haven't started a buy bud lite counter measure to help out AB/Inbev.
View Quote

Because they feel slighted by BL for not doubling down on Mulveney. To the left, you can’t be neutral or lukewarm, you have to be rabid or you are an enemy.  Only zealots are part of their club.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because they are mentally ill broke ugly motherfuckers who fail at life and are only happy when they make others miserable?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"I was waiting for the brand to reach out to me, but they never did.   For a company to hire a trans person and then not publicly stand by them is worse, in my opinion, than not hiring a trans person at all because it gives customers permission to be as transphobic and hateful as they want," Mulvaney said.

This. I don't really care how people want to live their own lives as adults that are responsible for themselves even if I think what they are doing is wrong. When they try to force their controversial lifestyle into other people's lives and go after their kids then they can go F themselves and face the backlash. Trans is something that less than 1% of the population can identify as and they already get way more fucking attention than they deserve. I don't need or want that plastered all over random products I buy.

Its BAD business to support the fringes on either side. I wouldn't expect them to put weirdo Christian cults on cans and they shouldn't put trans on cans, either.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excellent post.

They however don't think that it's enough for you to simply tolerate them; you have to actively and openly celebrate / encourage / support them. It's the same tactic that was used in 2020 with "white fragility" where it's not sufficient to be colorblind, accepting, and non-racist...no, you have to be anti-racist and endorse the oppressed / oppressor narrative.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

@15jonshoot

It's very easy to have missed it in the swarm of information over time, but the sexual anarchy side got mad at AB because AB did not go 1000% full throated support and absolute utter condemnation of everyone not on the sexual anarchy side of things.

When AB did some tiny not really beleiving in it pull-back from supporting their side of things, they got mad, and news was reporting some gay bars dropping their product. Also the HRC downgraded their ... in crude terms, "woke" rating (cei index) for not being "fully committed to the revolution, comrade."

AB has managed to tick off *both sides* of the aisle.

It's just that it takes a LOT less to hurt the precious fee-fees on the other side. "You're supporting people trying to normalize genital mutilation to my kids" vs "but why didn't you go at it a zillion percent when your sales went in the toilet?!?!"
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#20]
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12267997/Kid-Rock-selling-Bud-Light-bar-again.html

Kid Rock is selling Bud Light at his bar again despite shooting up a case of the beer with his AR-15 in protest of its collaboration with Dylan Mulvaney.  

In April, Kid Rock was left so furious with Bud Light's choice of influencer that he took out several cases with an automatic gun - but the drink is still being sold at his Big Honky Tonk & Steakhouse in Nashville.

The pro-Trump singer, wearing a MAGA hat, said he wanted to send a 'clear and concise' message after discovering trans content creator Dylan Mulvaney was working with the beer company.

But now eagle-eyed drinkers have noticed that despite his staunch message, the controversial beer is still available to purchase at his establishment.  

?????

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12267997/Kid-Rock-selling-Bud-Light-bar-again.html

Kid Rock is selling Bud Light at his bar again despite shooting up a case of the beer with his AR-15 in protest of its collaboration with Dylan Mulvaney.  

In April, Kid Rock was left so furious with Bud Light's choice of influencer that he took out several cases with an automatic gun - but the drink is still being sold at his Big Honky Tonk & Steakhouse in Nashville.

The pro-Trump singer, wearing a MAGA hat, said he wanted to send a 'clear and concise' message after discovering trans content creator Dylan Mulvaney was working with the beer company.

But now eagle-eyed drinkers have noticed that despite his staunch message, the controversial beer is still available to purchase at his establishment.  

?????

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/confused-britney-spears--83.gif
View Quote

I must admit I, too, was a little confused by his tactics…
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#22]
I wonder if Kid Rock has the biggest stake of the bars/restaurants but not a majority and wasn't able to overturn the decision for this.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Glass bottling plants forced to shut down, leaving 600 employees jobless amid Bud Light controversy

A glass bottling company impacted by Bud Light's botched promotion with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney will close down two of its locations, laying off more than 600 employees as the beer brand continues to grapple with staggering financial losses and declining sales.

The Ardagh Group, a global glass producer who contracts with the Anheuser-Busch company, announced that they will be closing their plants in North Carolina and Louisiana in July, putting roughly 645 employees out of a job, WRAL reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/glass-bottling-plants-forced-shut-down-600-employees-jobless-amid-bud-light-controversy

And the CEO and marketing exec still getting paid.
View Quote

Glass plant n my AO.

Place has been struggling for years.

Union fucked.

Link Posted: 7/6/2023 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wonder if Kid Rock has the biggest stake of the bars/restaurants but not a majority and wasn't able to overturn the decision for this.
View Quote

If that's the case he could just publicly say (and backup what he says) that it's not under his control.

You'd think someone who made that much of a fuss about it would want to be clear about what's going on.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Glass bottling plants forced to shut down, leaving 600 employees jobless amid Bud Light controversy

A glass bottling company impacted by Bud Light's botched promotion with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney will close down two of its locations, laying off more than 600 employees as the beer brand continues to grapple with staggering financial losses and declining sales.

The Ardagh Group, a global glass producer who contracts with the Anheuser-Busch company, announced that they will be closing their plants in North Carolina and Louisiana in July, putting roughly 645 employees out of a job, WRAL reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/glass-bottling-plants-forced-shut-down-600-employees-jobless-amid-bud-light-controversy

And the CEO and marketing exec still getting paid.
View Quote
I used to haul bottles out of that NC plant.  That place was always crazy busy.  They're not counting the truckers in those job figures.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#27]

So they have you walk on the flag while buying beer?  Another brilliant strategy!
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:16:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Bud light has fallen from the top ten slots in popularity in the yougov beer popularity poll to FIFTEENTH.
It is only *four* slots above whiteclaw!
https://today.yougov.com/ratings/consumer/popularity/beers

Wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if nothing AB made was in the top ten and BL wasn't even in the top twenty, on the list at ALL?
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#30]
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/tom-olohan/2023/07/07/michael-knowles-issues-scathing-ultimatum-bud-light

Knowles went after Bud Light hard on The Michael Knowles Show, July 6th, noting the steps the company had taken in response to customers outraged by their partnership with “transgender” actor Dylan Mulvaney. Knowles condemned Bud Light for “using fallen soldiers as a last ditch effort to resuscitate the brand,” in a recent ad. Knowles stated that Bud Light only aired a recent ad on their charity efforts to try to win back customers. Speaking to Anheuser-Busch’s clueless executives, Knowles said, “There is only one way out of the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco. There is only one way out,” before panning unsuccessful Bud Light ads. 

Knowles continued, “You know the one way out of this? The only shot, I’m not saying this will even work, the only shot that Bud Light has out of the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco, apologize. Apologize,” Knowles added before getting more specific, “Say you don’t believe in that stuff. You don’t stand for that kind of absurdity. You’re not pushing that radical sexual agenda on people. You’re sorry that you ever did it. You’ve taken actions to correct that. You don’t hate your customers. You don’t think that they’re frat boys and rube blue collar idiots. You need to apologize and you need to clearly state what you believe.”

... and it won't work in large part because they would have to be sincere and MEAN it. All of it.

Even if they were, and everyone could know it, they STILL wouldn't win everyone back. People don't forget this kind of stuff.  

I think the other options are worse for them though... and I think they are too childish to do it. Especially not for real.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/tom-olohan/2023/07/07/michael-knowles-issues-scathing-ultimatum-bud-light

Knowles went after Bud Light hard on The Michael Knowles Show, July 6th, noting the steps the company had taken in response to customers outraged by their partnership with “transgender” actor Dylan Mulvaney. Knowles condemned Bud Light for “using fallen soldiers as a last ditch effort to resuscitate the brand,” in a recent ad. Knowles stated that Bud Light only aired a recent ad on their charity efforts to try to win back customers. Speaking to Anheuser-Busch’s clueless executives, Knowles said, “There is only one way out of the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco. There is only one way out,” before panning unsuccessful Bud Light ads. 

Knowles continued, “You know the one way out of this? The only shot, I’m not saying this will even work, the only shot that Bud Light has out of the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco, apologize. Apologize,” Knowles added before getting more specific, “Say you don’t believe in that stuff. You don’t stand for that kind of absurdity. You’re not pushing that radical sexual agenda on people. You’re sorry that you ever did it. You’ve taken actions to correct that. You don’t hate your customers. You don’t think that they’re frat boys and rube blue collar idiots. You need to apologize and you need to clearly state what you believe.”

... and it won't work in large part because they would have to be sincere and MEAN it. All of it.

Even if they were, and everyone could know it, they STILL wouldn't win everyone back. People don't forget this kind of stuff.  

I think the other options are worse for them though... and I think they are too childish to do it. Especially not for real.
View Quote

Ehh, even if they did, I wouldnt believe them.  MOre like when a kids gets cought doing something wrong.  Not sorry for what they did (for the most part) just sorry they got caught and punished.
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ehh, even if they did, I wouldnt believe them.  MOre like when a kids gets cought doing something wrong.  Not sorry for what they did (for the most part) just sorry they got caught and punished.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

At this point, I don't know what they could do to make people believe it.  I also dont' know what else they could do that would "fix" it other than apologizing making everyone believe it.

IF they had have listened to their customers right after this happened and apologized than, some people might have believed them.  This is what happens when you're insular and out of touch. ESG and all that stuff is DESIGNED to make you out of touch and ignorant.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 12:30:31 AM EDT
[#33]
What it would take would be action to back up the words (that they find themselves unable to offer up anyway). Discontinuing any LGBTQ sponsorship. Diverting that money toward conservative charity. Sponsoring patriotic events and denouncing LGBTQ nonsense both publicly and privately.

But they won’t do that. They won’t even come close to that. The words will continue to be tepid at best and won’t match their actions. Which is why they’ll continue to fail.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knowles went after Bud Light hard on The Michael Knowles Show, July 6th, noting the steps the company had taken in response to customers outraged by their partnership with "transgender" actor Dylan Mulvaney. Knowles condemned Bud Light for "using fallen soldiers as a last ditch effort to resuscitate the brand," in a recent ad. Knowles stated that Bud Light only aired a recent ad on their charity efforts to try to win back customers. Speaking to Anheuser-Busch's clueless executives, Knowles said, "There is only one way out of the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco. There is only one way out," before panning unsuccessful Bud Light ads.

Knowles continued, "You know the one way out of this? The only shot, I'm not saying this will even work, the only shot that Bud Light has out of the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco, apologize. Apologize," Knowles added before getting more specific, "Say you don't believe in that stuff. You don't stand for that kind of absurdity. You're not pushing that radical sexual agenda on people. You're sorry that you ever did it. You've taken actions to correct that. You don't hate your customers. You don't think that they're frat boys and rube blue collar idiots. You need to apologize and you need to clearly state what you believe."

Yup, no doubt about it.

In the meantime I make sure to mercilessly shame and mock Bud Light and anyone who drinks it.  It's fun, ngl.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Knowles is right.  AB’s biggest fault, the left’s biggest fault, is Arrogance.  It’s pure unadulterated self pride and arrogance.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What it would take would be action to back up the words (that they find themselves unable to offer up anyway). Discontinuing any LGBTQ sponsorship. Diverting that money toward conservative charity. Sponsoring patriotic events and denouncing LGBTQ nonsense both publicly and privately.

But they won’t do that. They won’t even come close to that. The words will continue to be tepid at best and won’t match their actions. Which is why they’ll continue to fail.
View Quote

They won't, and they wouldn't mean it

They want what they had before:
- To take our money.
- Talk down to us on moral issues (they're a beer company.)
- Use that money to fund the TQAAIP+ religious priorities they have.

They want THAT ^.
At no point will they disavow Dylan, and soon IMHO the shame pieces will come from the media.

"Are Alt-Right boycotts Dangerous? See why some are calling for new laws "Limiting the reach" of digital boycotts."
("After years of cancelling people and social bullying, we are now losing via our own finishing move. Fix this by censoring our political enemies please")

"The rise of the Dangerous anti-LGBTQAAIP+ movement growing in the wake of Budlight's mild but tranistory sales slump."
("Listen Wine mom, you're not a bigot, right? Better not be boycotting then...")

"Are all Beer Companies destined to contract? Click here to see the interview we did with former Budlight VP of Marketing, explaining why everyone who disagrees with her is a meany and a bigot!"
("Actually this boycott didn't work. Don't you understand she HAD TO, HAD TO approve a Dylan can? You're a bigot and a moron if you disagree. Now Jump down your Sister's throat about it on her FB post.")

"DeSantis and his Dangerous culture war is dividing the nation, Budlight might not be the only victim, as calls mount for brands to distance themselves from the GOP candidates."

("The TQAAIP+ political policies, aren't politics. Everyone clearly was cool with men in women's locker rooms until The Culture WarTM was dreamed up by GOP insiders for meanie political reasons only. Everyone agreed with us you bigots!!!!!")
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#37]
New sales data seen by Newsweek has shown that Bud Light is still feeling the impact of its boycott as it sees a percentage drop in revenue from sales for June, compared with the same time last year.

NielsenIQ sales data, obtained by Newsweek via industry consultancy firm Bump Williams Consulting, showed over a four-week period, ending July 1, Bud Light saw a 28 percent decrease in revenue sales as well as a decrease in volume.

The brand's volume the number of units of beer sold was down 31.2 percent compared with the same time last year as well.

This data highlights how the brand continues to see a financial impact from the ongoing boycott, predominantly spearheaded by conservatives, against the beer.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
New sales data seen by Newsweek has shown that Bud Light is still feeling the impact of its boycott as it sees a percentage drop in revenue from sales for June, compared with the same time last year.

NielsenIQ sales data, obtained by Newsweek via industry consultancy firm Bump Williams Consulting, showed over a four-week period, ending July 1, Bud Light saw a 28 percent decrease in revenue sales as well as a decrease in volume.

The brand's volume the number of units of beer sold was down 31.2 percent compared with the same time last year as well.

This data highlights how the brand continues to see a financial impact from the ongoing boycott, predominantly spearheaded by conservatives, against the beer.
View Quote

They keep repeating conservative boycott. No. It’s an American boycott.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
AB running lots of radio commercials here in Ohio right now.
View Quote
Can only assume that means no one hears them
Radio commercials?!?  I haven't listened to a radio in my car or home in the last several years.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, since somehting like 50% of the country votes in federal elections, and then 50% of those are R, 50% D(ball park) that means that even if EVERY conservative WAS a budlight drinker, that 6.5% of the D coters ALSO boycotted. However since R's TEND to be more socially conservative and less prone to drinking(marginally), then that would be less than the expected even split.

Link Posted: 7/11/2023 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Exactly, since somehting like 50% of the country votes in federal elections, and then 50% of those are R, 50% D(ball park) that means that even if EVERY conservative WAS a budlight drinker, that 6.5% of the D coters ALSO boycotted. However since R's TEND to be more socially conservative and less prone to drinking(marginally), then that would be less than the expected even split.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's 100% true, and I believe you're saying it's Bi-partisan boycott
Bud light also made itself the TQAAIP+ Beer, they made a fucking can with Dylan (in womanface.) on it. They literally did that. They also hired him (So he said.), and denied it IIRC.

But the media is not about telling the truth, or objectively reporting facts, or getting to the bottom of things.
They're fundamentalist (woke) religious activists pursuing political power (over you specifically, Cleetus.)
The. End.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 8:50:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Advertisers at AB starting to show the signs of a mental break?

Tweet

Bud Light@budlight

It’s fine, this is fine

11:00 AM · Jul 9, 2023·273K Views

Yep. They're using the line from this:

Low key admitting they are screwed.

------

https://nypost.com/2023/07/10/bud-light-sales-plunge-28-5-ahead-of-july-4-sister-brands-also-hit/

Bud Light sales plunge 28.5% ahead of July 4, sister brands slammed in wake of Dylan Mulvaney disaster
By Lisa Fickenscher
July 10, 2023 11:37am Updated

Bud Light sales plunged 28.5% for the week ended July 1 — slightly worse than the 27.9% decline they suffered the previous week — as the nation’s No. 1 beer brand continues to take a beating over its ill-fated partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

To make matters worse, Bud Light’s woes recently appear to have “infected” its sister brands at Anheuser Busch, according to Bump Williams, whose eponymous consulting firm crunched the latest numbers from NielsenIQ.

Sales of Michelob Ultra — the nation’s No. 3 beer last year — were down by 4.3% in the week ended July 1 while Busch Light sales were down 8.5%, according to the Bump Williams Consulting and NielsonIQ data.

“Budweiser trends have been slipping for a very long time, but it’s the Michelob Ultra negative numbers and now Busch Light negative trends that are most alarming to me,” Williams told The Post. “They were very healthy prior to April 1.”

----

Crazy Ass Moments in Beach Boys History
@beachboysmoment

Mike Love claims he is afraid to perform 'Surfer Girl' because it is "gender specific", implies that he fears retaliation from the FBI and the Budweiser corporation. (2023)

12:45 PM · Jul 9, 2023 · 2.1M  Views

Video at link. Apparently this was in *may*

Delivered in the tone of humor, and light mockery:
"this next song, I'm a little concerned about doing, on account of (short pause) it's gender specific. (crowd laughs, cheers, and claps) Hope there's nobody from budwiser here. (crowd cheers and laughs and claps even more and louder) Or the fbi. (next part delivered tongue in cheek) Sorry,  I apologize in advance for anything I might say or do, it's a family tradition, know what I'm saying?  (back to normal light hearted but not mocking tone) Ok. This one is for all the ladies.  (band strikes up surfer girl)
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tweet

Bud Light@budlight

It’s fine, this is fine

https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--hUOvh1tK--/t_Preview/b_rgb:191919,c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1488659049/production/designs/1290994_1.jpg

------

https://nypost.com/2023/07/10/bud-light-sales-plunge-28-5-ahead-of-july-4-sister-brands-also-hit/

Bud Light sales plunge 28.5% ahead of July 4, sister brands slammed in wake of Dylan Mulvaney disaster
By Lisa Fickenscher

Bud Light sales plunged 28.5% for the week ended July 1 — slightly worse than the 27.9% decline they suffered the previous week — as the nation’s No. 1 beer brand continues to take a beating over its ill-fated partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

To make matters worse, Bud Light’s woes recently appear to have “infected” its sister brands at Anheuser Busch, according to Bump Williams, whose eponymous consulting firm crunched the latest numbers from NielsenIQ.

Sales of Michelob Ultra — the nation’s No. 3 beer last year — were down by 4.3% in the week ended July 1 while Busch Light sales were down 8.5%, according to the Bump Williams Consulting and NielsonIQ data.

“Budweiser trends have been slipping for a very long time, but it’s the Michelob Ultra negative numbers and now Busch Light negative trends that are most alarming to me,” Williams told The Post. “They were very healthy prior to April 1.”

----

@beachboysmoment

Mike Love claims he is afraid to perform 'Surfer Girl' because it is "gender specific", implies that he fears retaliation from the FBI and the Budweiser corporation. (2023)

"this next song, I'm a little concerned about doing, on account of (short pause) it's gender specific. (crowd laughs, cheers, and claps) Hope there's nobody from budwiser here. (crowd cheers and laughs and claps even more and louder) Or the fbi. (next part delivered tongue in cheek) Sorry,  I apologize in advance for anything I might say or do, it's a family tradition, know what I'm saying?  (back to normal light hearted but not mocking tone) Ok. This one is for all the ladies.  (band strikes up surfer girl)
View Quote

"This is fine"  I like that she has her back turned to the Bud Light in a way that she can't comfortably reach it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

- To take our money.

They want THAT ^.
At no point will they disavow Dylan, and soon IMHO the shame pieces will come from the media.

"Are Alt-Right boycotts Dangerous? See why some are calling for new laws "Limiting the reach" of digital boycotts."
("After years of cancelling people and social bullying, we are now losing via our own finishing move. Fix this by censoring our political enemies please")

"The rise of the Dangerous anti-LGBTQAAIP+ movement growing in the wake of Budlight's mild but tranistory sales slump."
("Listen Wine mom, you're not a bigot, right? Better not be boycotting then...")

"Are all Beer Companies destined to contract? Click here to see the interview we did with former Budlight VP of Marketing, explaining why everyone who disagrees with her is a meany and a bigot!"
("Actually this boycott didn't work. Don't you understand she HAD TO, HAD TO approve a Dylan can? You're a bigot and a moron if you disagree. Now Jump down your Sister's throat about it on her FB post.")

"DeSantis and his Dangerous culture war is dividing the nation, Budlight might not be the only victim, as calls mount for brands to distance themselves from the GOP candidates."

("The TQAAIP+ political policies, aren't politics. Everyone clearly was cool with men in women's locker rooms until The Culture WarTM was dreamed up by GOP insiders for meanie political reasons only. Everyone agreed with us you bigots!!!!!")
View Quote

I wish I could see what the hell you're posting. Shrinking the text is silly and makes your post unreadable.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I wish I could see what the hell you're posting. Shrinking the text is silly and makes your post unreadable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- To take our money.

They want THAT ^.

Pretty easy to read from here.

You aren't the authority you think you are and your attempt to ridicule makes you look silly.  At best.

edit for spelling error.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How about stop buying it? ANY sales show a ray of light. Hold fast!

Amazing how a few bucks will change someones morals.
View Quote

Old joke-

A man asks a woman if she would be willing to sleep with him if he pays her an exorbitant sum. She replies affirmatively. He then names a paltry amount and asks if she would still be willing to sleep with him for the revised fee. The woman is greatly offended and replies as follows:

She: What kind of woman do you think I am?

He: We’ve already established that. Now we’re just haggling over the price.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

"This is fine"  I like that she has her back turned to the Bud Light in a way that she can't comfortably reach it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tweet

Bud Light@budlight

It’s fine, this is fine

https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--hUOvh1tK--/t_Preview/b_rgb:191919,c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1488659049/production/designs/1290994_1.jpg

------

By Lisa Fickenscher

----

@beachboysmoment

Ayup. Bud Ice was one of my favorites.. fuck AB/InBev. Never again.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
At this point it is going to take time and consistency if they ever want to be back where they were.  They also need to clean house.

Basically; sincerely apologize, make amends, remain consistent in your new direction, be patient.

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#50]

https://www.westernjournal.com/costco-appears-handed-bud-light-painful-death-star/
Costco Appears to Have Handed Bud Light a Painful 'Death Star'

By Jack Davis  July 12, 2023 at 6:37am

Social media reports indicate things could even get worse for the beer that is making boycotts famous.

To the uninitiated, the little asterisk on the upper right-hand corner of the Bud Light price tags at a few Costco stores — as seen in images now making the rounds of Twitter — is just a little speck of type.

But in the universe of the members-only warehouse retail chain, the asterisk is noted as the “death star,” because when it appears on a label, it means the store does not plan to restock the product once its supply is sold out, according to Newsweek.

Images show the “death star” on different can sizes and packaging, which could mean only certain Bud Light sizes are fading away at certain stores.

The Western Journal reached out to Costco for comment but did not immediately receive a response.

Marie Clark, editor of the shopping site CostContessa, offered confirmation that the mark shown on the Bud Light price tag is indeed called the “death star” by Costco customers.

“On Costco price tags, if you see an asterisk in the upper right-hand corner, this indicates an item won’t be restocked,” Clark said in a September 2022 interview on the food-centered website TheKitchn.

“The item might be full price or it might be discounted — an asterisk alone doesn’t tell you more than that. But if it’s something you want and you were thinking, ‘Oh, I’ll come back and get it next week instead,’ you might want to think twice and purchase it now,” she said.  

Newsweek noted that according to figures from industry consultant Bump Williams Consulting, over the four weeks that ended July 1, Bud Light’s revenue dropped 28 percent compared with the same time a year ago.

Quick,  rush to costco and ... DON'T BUY anything AB.
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top