Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.westernjournal.com/costco-appears-handed-bud-light-painful-death-star/
Costco Appears to Have Handed Bud Light a Painful 'Death Star'

By Jack Davis  July 12, 2023 at 6:37am

Social media reports indicate things could even get worse for the beer that is making boycotts famous.

To the uninitiated, the little asterisk on the upper right-hand corner of the Bud Light price tags at a few Costco stores — as seen in images now making the rounds of Twitter — is just a little speck of type.

But in the universe of the members-only warehouse retail chain, the asterisk is noted as the “death star,” because when it appears on a label, it means the store does not plan to restock the product once its supply is sold out, according to Newsweek.

Images show the “death star” on different can sizes and packaging, which could mean only certain Bud Light sizes are fading away at certain stores.

The Western Journal reached out to Costco for comment but did not immediately receive a response.

Marie Clark, editor of the shopping site CostContessa, offered confirmation that the mark shown on the Bud Light price tag is indeed called the “death star” by Costco customers.

“On Costco price tags, if you see an asterisk in the upper right-hand corner, this indicates an item won’t be restocked,” Clark said in a September 2022 interview on the food-centered website TheKitchn.

“The item might be full price or it might be discounted — an asterisk alone doesn’t tell you more than that. But if it’s something you want and you were thinking, ‘Oh, I’ll come back and get it next week instead,’ you might want to think twice and purchase it now,” she said.  

Newsweek noted that according to figures from industry consultant Bump Williams Consulting, over the four weeks that ended July 1, Bud Light’s revenue dropped 28 percent compared with the same time a year ago.

Quick,  rush to costco and ... DON'T BUY anything AB.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Someone needs to meme that with bud light replacing alderran and AB replacing leia.  

Extra credits if the deathstar says costco and you replace vader with the costco "I love you" guy.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.westernjournal.com/costco-appears-handed-bud-light-painful-death-star/

Social media reports indicate things could even get worse for the beer that is making boycotts famous.

To the uninitiated, the little asterisk on the upper right-hand corner of the Bud Light price tags at a few Costco stores — as seen in images now making the rounds of Twitter — is just a little speck of type.

But in the universe of the members-only warehouse retail chain, the asterisk is noted as the “death star,” because when it appears on a label, it means the store does not plan to restock the product once its supply is sold out, according to Newsweek.

Images show the “death star” on different can sizes and packaging, which could mean only certain Bud Light sizes are fading away at certain stores.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0I4IETaUAAttpr?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fz_IRZMakAEZ0ow?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0t-PfLWwAAceKd?format=jpg&name=large
The Western Journal reached out to Costco for comment but did not immediately receive a response.

Marie Clark, editor of the shopping site CostContessa, offered confirmation that the mark shown on the Bud Light price tag is indeed called the “death star” by Costco customers.

“On Costco price tags, if you see an asterisk in the upper right-hand corner, this indicates an item won’t be restocked,” Clark said in a September 2022 interview on the food-centered website TheKitchn.

“The item might be full price or it might be discounted — an asterisk alone doesn’t tell you more than that. But if it’s something you want and you were thinking, ‘Oh, I’ll come back and get it next week instead,’ you might want to think twice and purchase it now,” she said.  

Newsweek noted that according to figures from industry consultant Bump Williams Consulting, over the four weeks that ended July 1, Bud Light’s revenue dropped 28 percent compared with the same time a year ago.

View Quote

Except you, AB.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]

That’s one ring of a death bell…

You lose your retail space on the floor or shelf means you ain’t selling because people ain’t buying.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You lose your retail space on the floor or shelf means you ain’t selling because people ain’t buying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hopefully, the first of many.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's one ring of a death bell

You lose your retail space on the floor or shelf means you ain't selling because people ain't buying.
View Quote
The bar for Costco cycling things in and out is pretty low. They do it all the time. Probably a marketing ploy to get people to buy more of whatever it is by creating an artificial shortage. Several products I buy there regularly are just gone for a couple months at a time, and my response has been to stock up and keep an inventory at home.

That said, fuck AB.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well I learned something today. The Death Star thing is legit and means what’s described after even a quick search.

As said, it means the product isn’t moving and that space could he better used.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

A mild but transitory sales drop.
That goes several months.
And results in losing floor space (the thing they were trying desperately to avoid)

ETA: It's funny to watch this happen organically from the bottom up.
I remember when the media *appeared to be* trying to cause a recession from the top down, back when Orangeman was President and they suddenly lost allll interest in talking about economic numbers for ~3.5 years.

"Are we going to have a recession? Or even a depression? It's inevitable ."
"Orangeman getting the 3.999999% Growth which we promised you was impossible haha, was great, but, it was a Sugar RushTM to let people keep their own money.
That's bad, you should feel bad that the economy grew, panic! Please panic."
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 11:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
“Woke” is the Al Qaeda or Taliban of the west.  It’s a fundamentalist cult and far more dangerous than anything Bin Laden could have pulled off.  It’s existential.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
“Woke” is the Al Qaeda or Taliban of the west.  It’s a fundamentalist cult and far more dangerous than anything Bin Laden could have pulled off.  It’s existential.
View Quote

They've been saying the same thing about us for 20 years.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:06:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"OMG THEY JUST WON'T CHANGE AND KEEP UP WITH THE TIMESTM!"
"OMG THEY'VE CHANGED SO MUCH, AKSHULLLY LEFTIES HAVEN'T CHANGED AT ALL, THE REPUBLICANS JUST WENT HARD RIGHT!"

^ Same people.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Congrats Harvard marketing degree on the epic success
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Waiting till the taxpayer steps in and saves AB. TOO BIG TO FAIL.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#14]
There was a radio commercial this morning with various employees stating what they do for AB. It was a another pathetic attempt at creating sympathy. I chuckled as I listened. Let. Them. Burn.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There was a radio commercial this morning with various employees stating what they do for AB. It was a another pathetic attempt at creating sympathy. I chuckled as I listened. Let. Them. Burn.
View Quote

I really don't understand the "support the employees" angle. Those employees can easily go work for a competitor, they are growing.

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#16]
90 cents a pint
I still wouldn't drink it
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do have sympathy for BUD workers and their distributors.  I just don’t have any money for their beer.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I really don't understand the "support the employees" angle. Those employees can easily go work for a competitor, they are growing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Desperate last throws of a dead brand to guilt people to buy product. Target did this as well.

“Won’t somebody think of the employees!”

As an executive that’s your job until you torched the brand. It’s. Just. Business.

The business of business is not to supply jobs. It’s to sell product and profit. The fact that they take this approach means they’re fucking child grooming molesting genital mutilation of kids communists.

You chose your side. We chose ours.  Now suffer the consequences.

They still don’t get it. Social media says everybody loves kids cutting their dick off, much love!  

Society said NO, we don’t you fucking mentally ill evil. NO!!!!!  NO!!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I do have sympathy for BUD workers and their distributors.  I just don’t have any money for their beer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Out in the real world, peope who run coroporations can do things that require publich pushback that wind up hurting the pople in that corporation who may or may not deserve it ... and you can feel bad for them, without having to support the coropration.

The anger should be directed a AB/Inbev's leadership. They're the ones that deserve it.

They're the ones that made it bad enough that the public felt the need to push back in the only way they had access to that couldn't be ignored.

Adults can feel bad for people who get caught up in things they weren't responsible for causing without having to let those emotions lead them to do what is wrong.

Seems to me this is  VERY good time for other corps in the same industry to be offering jobs to AB/Inbev's people, especially in the key jobs.

They might be hurting and need the lifeline.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Desperate last throws of a dead brand to guilt people to buy product. Target did this as well.

As an executive that’s your job until you torched the brand. It’s. Just. Business.

The business of business is not to supply jobs. It’s to sell product and profit. The fact that they take this approach means they’re fucking child grooming molesting genital mutilation of kids communists.

They still don’t get it. Social media says everybody loves kids cutting their dick off, much love!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO we're in this situation in part, because for awhile now social media (in SF) joined the old leftie MSM (in NYC), and together they brought the overton window hard left and kept it there.
They had their foot buried into the gas pedal for all these years.
Which their foot soldiers (like the VP who set this in motion) felt was reality, and permanent, and only you, Cleetus, and Trump disagreed.

But it happened artificially, and nature hates bubbles or artificial positions, they're meant to be popped, they're meant to go back.
Now that pendulum swing is finally (trying) to happen, and the overton window is no longer being artificially held in place (at least on twitter), it's a violent snap back to equilibrium.

I don't think they understand what's happening yet.
The alt left wokies are likely in total shock that the Dylan move went the way it did. They're used to what happens when the shame-pieces work, the hash-tags get killed, etc.

They're going to have to watch a few more Top Guns succeed, Star Wars fail, watch a Bud Light fail (And likely perhaps one more brand left) until they start to go back to being apolitical.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ayup. Bud Ice was one of my favorites.. fuck AB/InBev. Never again.
View Quote

Never stick your carrot in crazy. Just don't
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]
May they rest in piss.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck the AB/B-L "workers"

They are robots for the most part anyhow.

If you work there, zero fucks given
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Out in the real world, people who run corporations can do things that require public pushback that wind up hurting the people in that corporation who may or may not deserve it ... and you can feel bad for them, without having to support the corporation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Out in the real world, people who run corporations can do things that require public pushback that wind up hurting the people in that corporation who may or may not deserve it ... and you can feel bad for them, without having to support the corporation.

IMHO one of the most serious things about a leadership or command position: it's a duty of care to the people "under" you in terms of institutional power and authority.
You sneeze? They get a cold.
You should be careful about putting them in harm's way (literally or in terms of their job security), it's a serious thing worth thinking twice about.

I love how they're running the shame-advertisements to get people to rethink the boycotts.
They should have fucking thought about that before they started to say "oh well" to rubbing their religious messaging into people's faces, or insulting their audience.
"Frat boy beer" (it's a beer that IS consumed by frat bros. Or, it WAS.)
They meant that too.
It sounded elitist, but they were pretty casual about it.

Here's one of the funniest things we see some businesses do these days.
They hate their real customers.
That's what's really going on.
They wish they could gentrify/"enrich" their own audience.
They want to look into that audience, and see woke, childless, wealthy-ish people just like them which bizarre tastes, but they don't, and they don't like that.
Not. One. Bit.

They hate the real Star Wars fans - they want Tumblr girls and city people with pro TQAAIP+ sensibilities and  "UpscaleTM" tastes - who don't really want action scenes, or the canon but want to wait until the critics tell them that the miserable movie (For miserable people) that they just watched akshulllllly was good.
This is so they can go watch it and lecture people who didn't like it on why they makes them dumb somehow.

Bud Light didn't like its own customers.
Marvel didn't like the fans of its own comic books.
The NFL wanted a "More Broad General AudienceTM", not the guys who watched it all those years.
ESPN wanted a newer, woker audience.
Hell, even FOX News doesn't like its own audience.

They all want an elitist, woke to semi-woke, gentrified, smarmy audience just like them.
That's what it looks like from my seat.
There's a total lack of gratitude in the air surrounding these businesses.

"Oh I specifically went out of my way to punch down at my audience and they didn't like it?
Oh fuck you, you're the only one who thinks that, you wouldn't boycott - you'll watch no matter what we do haha"
Business after business, movie after movie, show after show, beer after beer.

People noticed the arrogance ^ and they're making an example out of Bud Light.

The anger should be directed a AB/Inbev's leadership. They're the ones that deserve it.
They're the ones that made it bad enough that the public felt the need to push back in the only way they had access to that couldn't be ignored.

I'm so crushed for the truck drivers and retailers - FUCK the people upstairs who made this move and tripled down.

Adults can feel bad for people who get caught up in things they weren't responsible for causing without having to let those emotions lead them to do what is wrong.

Absolutely.

Seems to me this is  VERY good time for other corps in the same industry to be offering jobs to AB/Inbev's people, especially in the key jobs.

That would be nice if some of their employees who lost jobs were picked up by competitors
OR, if some old boomers working there who remember the "hostile corporate takeover" days of yesteryear, decide to poach talent off the sinking ship, to the shock of the 30-somethings at corporate

"In your generation, football players exchange jerseys and play video games together in the off-season.
In mine, every play they'd do things that would get you ejected."
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

IMHO one of the most serious things about a leadership or command position: it's a duty of care to the people "under" you in terms of institutional power and authority.
You should be careful about putting them in harm's way (literally or in terms of their job security), it's a serious thing worth thinking twice about.

I love how they're running the shame-advertisements to get people to rethink the boycotts.
They should have fucking thought about that before they started to say "oh well" to rubbing their religious messaging into people's faces, or insulting their audience.
They meant that too.

They want to look into that audience, and see woke, childless, wealthy-ish people just like them which bizarre tastes, but they don't, and they don't like that.
Not. One. Bit.

They hate the real Star Wars fans - they want Tumblr girls and city people with pro TQAAIP+ sensibilities and  "UpscaleTM" tastes - who don't really want action scenes, or the canon but want to wait until the critics tell them that the miserable movie (For miserable people) that they just watched akshulllllly was good.
This is so they can go watch it and lecture people who didn't like it on why they makes them dumb somehow.

The NFL wanted a "More Broad General AudienceTM", not the guys who watched it all those years.

They all want an elitist, woke to semi-woke, gentrified, smarmy audience just like them.

"Oh I specifically went out of my way to punch down at my audience and they didn't like it?
Oh fuck you, you're the only one who thinks that, you wouldn't boycott - you'll watch no matter what we do haha"

I'm so crushed for the truck drivers and retailers - FUCK the people upstairs who made this move and tripled down.

Absolutely.

That would be nice if some of their employees who lost jobs were picked up by competitors
OR, if some old boomers working there who remember the "hostile corporate takeover" days of yesteryear, decide to poach talent off the sinking ship, to the shock of the 30-somethings at corporate

"In your generation, football players exchange jerseys and play video games together in the off-season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They meant that too.

Not. One. Bit.

Absolutely.

There are so many examples of this its mind numbing but part of ESG type propaganda is that fiduciary duty falls below pushing the leftist narrative and they're ok with losing sales if those evil right wing bigots stop buying their product.

NASCAR basically did the same shit and said FU to their core audience and wanted to expand into new markets. How a business thinks that is a viable strategy is beyond me but like I said a lot of these people are OK with reduced revenue if it makes them feel better getting rid of people they don't like.

Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

There are so many examples of this its mind numbing but part of ESG type propaganda is that fiduciary duty falls below pushing the leftist narrative and they're ok with losing sales if those evil right wing bigots stop buying their product.

NASCAR basically did the same shit and said FU to their core audience and wanted to expand into new markets. How a business thinks that is a viable strategy is beyond me but like I said a lot of these people are OK with reduced revenue if it makes them feel better getting rid of people they don't like.

View Quote

Yes - exactly this!
They think it's "JUST Cleetus, Trump, and [i]you[/i/]" who dislike it.

It will take Bud Light getting absolutely TKO'd by the "Beer Dads" for them to even glance.
Even then they will make excuses.

I kinda suspect there will have to be another effective boycott for them to turn tail and run, and become too afraid to duplicate it.

This is the FIRST pride month (Rainbow ramadan) with a free twitter.
The next one is an election year, the TQAAIP+ crowd (an ultra political group) will be VERY upset with any brand/business that does NOT put up their rainbow banner.
The right is now asking for clarification on: "Do you support the pride parades with public nudity, and grooming "sex ed" in schools, and radical trans politics?"

It will be VERY interesting next year.
We may very well get a sequel.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, the leader of AB has previously decided that everyone stuck with him are going to have to be torn in two from the middle up ... riding the fence, all the way.  

Now media are trying to position us all to accept it (their intransigence) as invetable.

First, what AB said, a month ago:
https://archive.is/5UhKr
We recognize that over the last two months, the discussion surrounding our company and Bud Light has moved away from beer, and this has impacted our consumers, our business partners, and our employees.  
We are a beer company, and beer is for everyone.
Brendan Whitworth
CEO, Anheuser-Busch
To translate the underlined emphaisized phrase from the coded unclear nonsense it is:

"I don't think we did anything wrong at all, we will continue to support the transgender revolution" (inherent in which is literal surgical and chemical child mutilation and abuse along with mental and emotional abuse) and sexual anarchy.  

Well.

Now we are starting to see media do this:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4617250-anheuser-busch-inbev-unlikely-to-deviate-from-inclusive-strategies
Anheuser-Busch InBev Likely Won't End 'Woke' ESG Strategies
Jul. 15, 2023 1:51 AM ETAnheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (BUD), BUDFFFOX, FOXA40 Comments
EBITs And Pieces
707 Followers
Summary

Fox News has doubled its negative coverage of Bud Light in just 10 days. Despite the prolonged & continued attack, AB InBev has remained silent.

YouGov poll suggested Bud Light was no longer a top 10 favorite beer in the US. Yet the beer remains a top 5 selling beer in the US in May.
   Positive quarterly reporting suggests the AB InBev is not feeling a hit to its bottom line, most likely due to its larger portfolio of brands.
   ESG strategies are unlikely to change at AB InBev, as the debate remains focused on the Bud Light brand and has not spread.

Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) is showing no sign of backtracking from its commitments to ESG, including gender inclusivity which saw the brand face consumer backlash over its marketing campaign featuring trans activist Dylan Mulvaney.
Translation: grrr, we aren't backing down, grrrrrr, this is your cue to be scared and quit it...
Boycott? What Boycott?

A YouGov poll (of a statistically insignificant 1,468 consumers) is being pushed by some media outlets suggesting that Bud Light has fallen "...outside top 10 favorite beers in the US". Despite this, Circana reports that the top-selling brands in the US for May were:

Modelo Especial ($333.1 million)
   Bud Light ($297.3 million) Owned by AB InBev
   Michelob Ultra ($267.6 million) Owned by AB InBev
   Coors Light ($241 million)
   Miller Lite ($216.4 million)

While sales are no doubt down for Bud Light, the brand is still a top seller, and other brands owned by AB InBev (including Corona, Stella Artois (a major 2023 Wimbledon sponsor) & Becks) will no doubt see a trickle-down lift in sales.
No really, it's just a flesh wound, you haven't done anything to me, I'm not hurt at all.

Investors: Nothing To Worry About Here

Despite breaking the golden rules of crisis management, an aggressive and continued campaign by a major news outlet, a 30% slump in sales, and burying the lead on a response to angry consumers, AB InBev looks to be weathering the storm extremely well.

Posting some excellent quarterly figures has certainly helped the case for the brand, and the vast majority of critics will eventually lose interest in the boycott campaign and move along.

I believe investors can, and should, remain bullish on AB InBev and see market jitters about a boycott as little to be concerned about.

Looking forward, US Elections are coming in November, and these will dominate the news cycle as Joe Biden looks to be re-elected, while Donald Trump will continue to be unpredictable and newsworthy as he fights off Republican nominee contender Ron DeSantis.

This will give Fox plenty to play with, and AB InBev can take a drinks break.
See, you stupid plebs, you can't punish us! We're not hurting at all, it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to touch us!

Of course, though, they also said:
And despite the noise from right-wing voices, AB InBev's portfolio of brands has delivered on continued growth, despite reports that Bud Light sales had fallen as much as 30%.
Note that bolded bit there.  That's a soft underbelly.  Begging to be shot full of arrows.

---------------

This was never about "beer isn't for everyone" even though uh ... oops, it really isn't ... hello minors and the small little problem some people have with drinking too much... it's always been about them pushing delusion in everyone's faces and in this case a particular delusion that has now normalized abuse and mutilation as part of it's cornerstone, without which it cannot exist.

---------------

Also ...

What band in their right mind would want to be associated with this stuff ...
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#29]
They’re well past doubling down. Past quadruple down. This is full on “you’ll buy our shit and fuck you!  Suck our tranny fluid!”
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well, AB the leader of AB has previously decided that everyone stuck with him are going to have to be torn in two from the middle up ... riding the fence, all the way.  

Now media are trying to position us all to accept it as invetable.

We recognize that over the last two months, the discussion surrounding our company and Bud Light has moved away from beer, and this has impacted our consumers, our business partners, and our employees.  
Brendan Whitworth
CEO, Anheuser-Busch
To translate the underlined emphaisized phrase from the coded unclear nonsense it is:

"I don't think we did anything wrong at all, we will continue to support the transgender revolution" (inherent in which is literal surgical and chemical child mutilation and abuse along with mental and emotional abuse) and sexual anarchy.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, AB the leader of AB has previously decided that everyone stuck with him are going to have to be torn in two from the middle up ... riding the fence, all the way.  

Now media are trying to position us all to accept it as invetable.

Brendan Whitworth
CEO, Anheuser-Busch

"Fuck you, you heard me, bigot"

Well.

Now we are starting to see media do this:
Anheuser-Busch InBev Likely Won't End 'Woke' ESG Strategies
Jul. 15, 2023 1:51 AM ETAnheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (BUD), BUDFFFOX, FOXA40 Comments
EBITs And Pieces
707 Followers
Summary

Fox News has doubled its negative coverage of Bud Light in just 10 days. Despite the prolonged & continued attack, AB InBev has remained silent.

OH! Oh, oh. So the ad was fine, but Fox News simply decided a boycott was needed and whoooooooooooooooooooooosh here we are.

(keep in mind, these same teleprompter millionaires who effectively don't work for a living, destroyed Joe the Plumber just for embarrassing Obama that one time.)

YouGov poll suggested Bud Light was no longer a top 10 favorite beer in the US. Yet the beer remains a top 5 selling beer in the US in May.

[Chris christie] "...there it is..."

The cope piece. This ^ fucking line is the one your dumbfuck in law peppers you with at the BBQ.
"AKSHULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY THEY'RE STILL A TOP FIVE BEER" 2 months ago.

Positive quarterly reporting suggests the AB InBev is not feeling a hit to its bottom line, most likely due to its larger portfolio of brands.
   ESG strategies are unlikely to change at AB InBev, as the debate remains focused on the Bud Light brand and has not spread.

Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) is showing no sign of backtracking from its commitments to ESG, including gender inclusivity which saw the brand face consumer backlash over its marketing campaign featuring trans activist Dylan Mulvaney.
Translation: grrr, we aren't backing down, grrrrrr, this is your cue to be scared and quit it...

Soooo fucking predictable. We've been memeing about it for fucking 10 pages, and they're literally doing it
??

Boycott? What Boycott?

A YouGov poll (of a statistically insignificant 1,468 consumers) is being pushed by some media outlets suggesting that Bud Light has fallen "...outside top 10 favorite beers in the US". Despite this, Circana reports that the top-selling brands in the US for May were:

Modelo Especial ($333.1 million)
   Bud Light ($297.3 million) Owned by AB InBev
   Michelob Ultra ($267.6 million) Owned by AB InBev
   Coors Light ($241 million)
   Miller Lite ($216.4 million)

While sales are no doubt down for Bud Light, the brand is still a top seller, and other brands owned by AB InBev (including Corona, Stella Artois (a major 2023 Wimbledon sponsor) & Becks) will no doubt see a trickle-down lift in sales.

Unironically, they're acting out the midwit meme.
Wow.

No really, it's just a flesh wound, you haven't done anything to me, I'm not hurt at all.

Investors: Nothing To Worry About Here

Despite breaking the golden rules of crisis management, an aggressive and continued campaign by a major news outlet, a 30% slump in sales, and burying the lead on a response to angry consumers, AB InBev looks to be weathering the storm extremely well.

Posting some excellent quarterly figures has certainly helped the case for the brand, and the vast majority of critics will eventually lose interest in the boycott campaign and move along.

Oh my god, my sides.

They're reallly doing it, we parodied it for lulz for pages, and holy fuck they just cannnot help themselves

I believe investors can, and should, remain bullish on AB InBev and see market jitters about a boycott as little to be concerned about.

Looking forward, US Elections are coming in November, and these will dominate the news cycle as Joe Biden looks to be re-elected,

They HAD to throw that in there, "DEMENTIA MAN IS GUNNA WIN AGAIN YOU FUCKING BIGOT, FUCK YOU FOR BOYCOTTING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Keep this in mind if they're writing about, "The boycott is violating our precious normmmsss and people are losing jobs!" in a few months.
(note: These same media hacktivists had zero problem with the blue state governors locking your business down and killing it forever.)

while Donald Trump will continue to be unpredictable and newsworthy as he fights off Republican nominee contender Ron DeSantis.

This will give Fox plenty to play with, and AB InBev can take a drinks break.

Lmao, Fox news with 1/3rd the ratings in prime time is the ONLY factor, riiiight.

See, you stupid plebs, you can't punish us! We're not hurting at all, it's IMPOSSIBLE for you to touch us!

Of course, though, they also said:
And despite the noise from right-wing voices, AB InBev's portfolio of brands has delivered on continued growth, despite reports that Bud Light sales had fallen as much as 30%.
Note that bolded bit there.  That's a soft underbelly.  Begging to be shot full of arrows.

I love they bury the damage after the declarative statements (opinion masquerading as fact) are made.
"Nope nope nope Bud light is fine, Foxnews is bad mmmm'kay, Everyone agrees with our Agenda, ignore why Youngkin is now Governor of blue VA, stay in the cult."

---------------

This was never about "beer isn't for everyone" even though uh ... oops, it really isn't ... hello minors and the small little problem some people have with drinking too much... it's always been about them pushing delusion in everyone's faces and in this case a particular delusion that has now normalized abuse and mutilation as part of it's cornerstone, without which it cannot exist.

---------------

Also ...

https://nitter.1d4.us/pic/orig/enc/bWVkaWEvRjA3YmhReVhzQUFLem81LmpwZw==

What band in their right mind would want to be associated with this stuff ...

I really hope they continue to triple down, and we continue the boycott.
Once it becomes the beer where, seeing the blue can means being peppered with comments, people won't want to be seen buying it or bringing it to parties.
That is lasting damage.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They’re well past doubling down. Past quadruple down. This is full on “you’ll buy our shit and fuck you!  Suck our tranny fluid!”
View Quote

At this point they should just sell the Dylan can and prove their allegiance to the TQAAIP+ cause.

Bud is just fine right?
The journalists are basically declaring it over, and a journalism degree is a degree in everything of course.

So why not DO the Dylan can, mass production style...

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#33]
From FlashMan-7k quoted article...
View Quote

Don't know how old that article is but the last quarterly numbers that showed a positive gain occurred before any of this DM fiasco happened.

The Q2 numbers will come out soon and they will tell a different tale. The numbers will still be manipulated as much as possible but it won't be able to hide the damage done.

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:17:28 AM EDT
[#34]
A local distribution company closed.  They have been in business for decades.  All routes taken over by someone else.  Employees all gone and the building is up for sale.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#35]
“And despite the noise from right-wing voices, AB InBev's portfolio of brands has delivered on continued growth, despite reports that Bud Light sales had fallen as much as 30%.”

“Note that bolded bit there.  That's a soft underbelly.  Begging to be shot full of arrows.”

I can tell you, this right here, the smaller breweries that AB bought over the past 10 years are hanging on because of the corporate advertising and operating dollars.  Many of them were not profitable at the time of purchase.  

People need to work their way down the whole AB universe and stop buying that shit as well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#36]
If they weren't hurting, they wouldn't even waste the time reacting.  I see a lot of reacting.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If they weren't hurting, they wouldn't even waste the time reacting.  I see a lot of reacting.
View Quote

And they are still baffled and confused about how it could happen. So quickly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These are large regional breweries.  If you shut one down, several hundred people can't just go work for the competition whose brewery is hundreds of miles away.  There is some overlap and some people are portable of course.

But this is 100 percent the fault of the leadership in AB, not the consumer.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
These are large regional breweries.  If you shut one down, several hundred people can't just go work for the competition whose brewery is hundreds of miles away.  There is some overlap and some people are portable of course.

But this is 100 percent the fault of the leadership in AB, and those attempting to pass off mental illness & evil as 'normal' - not the consumer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a radio commercial this morning with various employees stating what they do for AB. It was another pathetic attempt at creating sympathy. I chuckled as I listened. Let. Them. Burn.

But this is 100 percent the fault of the leadership in AB, and those attempting to pass off mental illness & evil as 'normal' - not the consumer.

Just want the whole truth to be included in your statement.

Next, we can go over the motives again.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

OH! Oh, oh. So the ad was fine, but Fox News simply decided a boycott was needed and whoooooooooooooooooooooosh here we are.

(keep in mind, these same teleprompter millionaires who effectively don't work for a living, destroyed Joe the Plumber just for embarrassing Obama that one time.)

The cope piece. This ^ fucking line is the one your dumbfuck in law peppers you with at the BBQ.

Soooo fucking predictable. We've been memeing about it for fucking 10 pages, and they're literally doing it
??

Wow.

Oh my god, my sides.

https://media.tenor.com/G4c-lYbLPwMAAAAM/my-sides-achieved-orbit-laughing.gif

They're reallly doing it, we parodied it for lulz for pages, and holy fuck they just cannnot help themselves

They HAD to throw that in there, "DEMENTIA MAN IS GUNNA WIN AGAIN YOU FUCKING BIGOT, FUCK YOU FOR BOYCOTTING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Keep this in mind if they're writing about, "The boycott is violating our precious normmmsss and people are losing jobs!" in a few months.
(note: These same media hacktivists had zero problem with the blue state governors locking your business down and killing it forever.)

Lmao, Fox news with 1/3rd the ratings in prime time is the ONLY factor, riiiight.

I love they bury the damage after the declarative statements (opinion masquerading as fact) are made.
"Nope nope nope Bud light is fine, Foxnews is bad mmmm'kay, Everyone agrees with our Agenda, ignore why Youngkin is now Governor of blue VA, stay in the cult."

Once it becomes the beer where, seeing the blue can means being peppered with comments, people won't want to be seen buying it or bringing it to parties.
That is lasting damage.
View Quote

I think many, like myself who bought Bud exclusively for decades have moved to another brand that they like more and will not be changing back. That brand "loyalty" has been destroyed and is not coming back.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Don't know how old that article is but the last quarterly numbers that showed a positive gain occurred before any of this DM fiasco happened.

The Q2 numbers will come out soon and they will tell a different tale. The numbers will still be manipulated as much as possible but it won't be able to hide the damage done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, that one is an outright lie.

I expect Q2 numbers to drop on the first Thursday in August. Those will reflect May-July sales.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
People need to work their way down the whole AB universe and stop buying that shit as well.
View Quote

Doing my part. It’s a drop in the bucket, but it’s my drop, and ABInbev doesn’t get it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Union probably. Loss of seniority and pick of the cushier jobs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

"Oh, I'm afraid the boycott will be quite operational, when the Q2 numbers arrive"

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
“And despite the noise from right-wing voices, AB InBev's portfolio of brands has delivered on continued growth,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
“And despite the noise from right-wing voices, AB InBev's portfolio of brands has delivered on continued growth,

Great example of how the media effectively lies about the topic, via bait and switching their alternative facts, designed to push their narratives.
Look at this:

despite reports that Bud Light sales had fallen as much as 30%.”

Ohhh oh the REPORTS are only saying that?

“Note that bolded bit there.  That's a soft underbelly.  Begging to be shot full of arrows.”

I can tell you, this right here, the smaller breweries that AB bought over the past 10 years are hanging on because of the corporate advertising and operating dollars.  Many of them were not profitable at the time of purchase.  

"nooo nooooo there's no soft underbelly, only Fox News and Cleetus want their mild and transitory micro-boycott (that is barely felt of course!!!!1!)" says your dumbfuck coworker after reading the media cope-pieces.

Quoted:
A local distribution company closed.  They have been in business for decades.  All routes taken over by someone else.  Employees all gone and the building is up for sale.

A real on the ground report, that is a natural extension of the true (And likely UNDER stated) sales drop numbers, see THIS is what they would call an anecdote to dismiss it^

(yet it's true. It's been open for decades, and now it is not. Those jobs are gone because of a woke management team deciding that the fundamentals of good business are sooooo 2005, and they can simply lecture customers without any risks at all.)

But the activist "journalists" are saying that there's a REPORT that "Sales are down 30%".
That ^ isn't "potentially misleading" at all.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

??

Wow.

Oh my god, my sides.

https://media.tenor.com/G4c-lYbLPwMAAAAM/my-sides-achieved-orbit-laughing.gif

That is lasting damage.
View Quote

Can we start a movement to flood the free ticket site with millions of fake email addresses?
Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Yesterday I bought a Bud Light.

85 yo FIL that’s an old school yankee democrat went to lunch with us and ordered a Bud Light. I drank two Yunglings to counter his one Bud Light. But I was teasing him the entire time. Told the wife to lock up her makeup when we get home.   He got up from the bar stool and could hardly walk.  Told him it’s because he needs his high heels.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yeah, that one is an outright lie.

I expect Q2 numbers to drop on the first Thursday in August. Those will reflect May-July sales.
View Quote

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think many, like myself who bought Bud exclusively for decades have moved to another brand that they like more and will not be changing back. That brand "loyalty" has been destroyed and is not coming back.
View Quote

It's crazy how the woke elites in big business somehow think that throwing away loyal ^ LONG TIME customers/buyers/fans is somehow good for business

They throw away the actual audience they hate and despise, to try to reach a theoretical audience that's exactly like them. miserable.
When the audience doesn't materialize, they never interface with their fuckup.

It's the ole Stalin's "unseen saboteurs" excuse for, "that wasn't REAL ESG-business, because REAL ESG-Business has never been tried!"
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#50]
When does this start to hit the farmers?
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top