Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:53:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think many, like myself who bought Bud exclusively for decades have moved to another brand that they like more and will not be changing back. That brand "loyalty" has been destroyed and is not coming back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Fuck you, you heard me, bigot"

OH! Oh, oh. So the ad was fine, but Fox News simply decided a boycott was needed and whoooooooooooooooooooooosh here we are.

(keep in mind, these same teleprompter millionaires who effectively don't work for a living, destroyed Joe the Plumber just for embarrassing Obama that one time.)

[Chris christie] "...there it is..."

The cope piece. This ^ fucking line is the one your dumbfuck in law peppers you with at the BBQ.
"AKSHULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY THEY'RE STILL A TOP FIVE BEER" 2 months ago.

Soooo fucking predictable. We've been memeing about it for fucking 10 pages, and they're literally doing it
??

Unironically, they're acting out the midwit meme.
Wow.

Oh my god, my sides.

https://media.tenor.com/G4c-lYbLPwMAAAAM/my-sides-achieved-orbit-laughing.gif

They're reallly doing it, we parodied it for lulz for pages, and holy fuck they just cannnot help themselves

They HAD to throw that in there, "DEMENTIA MAN IS GUNNA WIN AGAIN YOU FUCKING BIGOT, FUCK YOU FOR BOYCOTTING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Keep this in mind if they're writing about, "The boycott is violating our precious normmmsss and people are losing jobs!" in a few months.
(note: These same media hacktivists had zero problem with the blue state governors locking your business down and killing it forever.)

Lmao, Fox news with 1/3rd the ratings in prime time is the ONLY factor, riiiight.

I love they bury the damage after the declarative statements (opinion masquerading as fact) are made.
"Nope nope nope Bud light is fine, Foxnews is bad mmmm'kay, Everyone agrees with our Agenda, ignore why Youngkin is now Governor of blue VA, stay in the cult."

I really hope they continue to triple down, and we continue the boycott.
Once it becomes the beer where, seeing the blue can means being peppered with comments, people won't want to be seen buying it or bringing it to parties.
That is lasting damage.

I think many, like myself who bought Bud exclusively for decades have moved to another brand that they like more and will not be changing back. That brand "loyalty" has been destroyed and is not coming back.

yep. for me it was ultra.  yeungling and shiner have been great replacements

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The real question is how do we replicate this with the next corporation that caters to chomos?
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yep. for me it was ultra.  yeungling and shiner have been great replacements

View Quote

I've been really liking the Yuengling Flight. Also the Lager is pretty damn good too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, that one is an outright lie.

I expect Q2 numbers to drop on the first Thursday in August. Those will reflect May-July sales.

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

Yep, my bad. My company's fiscal year starts in Feb so I had that in my head because I've been projecting out Q2-close financials the past week or two.

But yes, Q2 earnings for BL should reflect April-June assuming they operate on a gregorian calendar fiscal year. I dont remember exactly from their q1 release, honestly. And April was the month this really kicked off, so I imagine your point is that this Q2 release will truly reflect the entire impact of the boycott. Can't wait lol
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A local distribution company closed.  They have been in business for decades.  All routes taken over by someone else.  Employees all gone and the building is up for sale.
View Quote

Seriously?

Beer distributorships rarely ever fail and if they do its because they only represented limited brands with limited appeal in the market.

Was the distributor an exclusive AB distributor because around here all the beer distributorships have many brands from different companies?

If an AB distributor failed then that is very indicative of how bad the boycott has affected sales of Bud products.

@rleonard

Can you provide more details or maybe even a link to the article about the distributorship closing?
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep, my bad. My company's fiscal year starts in Feb so I had that in my head because I've been projecting out Q2-close financials the past week or two.

But yes, Q2 earnings for BL should reflect April-June assuming they operate on a gregorian calendar fiscal year. I dont remember exactly from their q1 release, honestly. And April was the month this really kicked off, so I imagine your point is that this Q2 release will truly reflect the entire impact of the boycott. Can't wait lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I expect Q2 numbers to drop on the first Thursday in August. Those will reflect May-July sales.

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

How long will it take them to run out of accounting tricks to hide the loses?
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
They were exclusively an AB distributor.  In business for a long time.  Possible retirement of owner put into action by AB marketing disaster, but that is a guess.

I last saw trucks there about 6 weeks ago.  Their website is gone.

I know no other details other than several are interested in the building.  An electrical supplier and others are interested in this facility according to the neighbor.  The neighbor is interested as well.

My search of local news articles came up empty.

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

Honestly it'll take a little while longer than this Q2 to get a real picture, I'm guessing anyway.

I've never dealt with the accounting around rebates so I'm just not sure how that piece works. However, my assumption is that they'll reflect their sales numbers as separate from their rebate liabilities.

I.e. they're still going to show $XxM sales from those $14.99 cases where they offered a $15.00 rebate. Many (most?) people won't ever turn them in, and my assumption is AB forecasts an accrued rebate liability basis some historical rebate turn-in percentage. So the sales $ numbers this quarter will almost surely appear higher than we'd expect and hope for.

They won't be able to disguise that part forever though, plus if they're really losing shelf space anywhere that'll begin to show up in future quarters as well, maybe even next year depending on how long of contracts the shelf space allocations work on.

What I reaaaaally want to see is if they report unsold and returned/destroyed past-date product. So I'm still fingers crossed for an absolute bloodbath lol.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When does this start to hit the farmers?
View Quote

Never?

The customers Bud abandoned didn’t quit drinking beer. They moved to other brands that want them. Those beer makers are still going to need ingredients.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They were exclusively an AB distributor.  In business for a long time.  Possible retirement of owner put into action by AB marketing disaster, but that is a guess.

I know no other details other than several are interested in the building.  An electrical supplier and others are interested in this facility according to the neighbor.  The neighbor is interested as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks!

It is unheard of for an AB distributor to shut down. Normally, beer distributorships will sell well above market value due to almost guaranteed sales and good profit margins.

In the past, an AB distributorship was like possessing a license to print money.

That is a very telling sign of how much damage the boycott has caused.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

Honestly it'll take a little while longer than this Q2 to get a real picture, I'm guessing anyway.

I've never dealt with the accounting around rebates so I'm just not sure how that piece works. However, my assumption is that they'll reflect their sales numbers as separate from their rebate liabilities.

I.e. they're still going to show $XxM sales from those $14.99 cases where they offered a $15.00 rebate. Many (most?) people won't ever turn them in, and my assumption is AB forecasts an accrued rebate liability basis some historical rebate turn-in percentage. So the sales $ numbers this quarter will almost surely appear higher than we'd expect and hope for.

They won't be able to disguise that part forever though, plus if they're really losing shelf space anywhere that'll begin to show up in future quarters as well, maybe even next year depending on how long of contracts the shelf space allocations work on.

What I reaaaaally want to see is if they report unsold and returned/destroyed past-date product. So I'm still fingers crossed for an absolute bloodbath lol.

Yes, it will take a good bit longer than the Q2 numbers report before the complete view of the damage can be seen.

The rebates will be accounted for under the tripled marketing budget that AB announced. That will keep those losses from showing up in sales numbers.

There are probably a hundred other paper shuffles in play that are designed to hide the sales losses for as long as possible.

While the Q2 and Q3 numbers will begin to indicate the damage, the year end numbers will be a better indication of how bad AB has been hurt.

I don't expect Whitworth to be the US CEO for very long after the year end numbers come out, if he makes it that long.

If the numbers are bad enough, global CEO Doukeris might be in trouble, too.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I do have sympathy for BUD workers and their distributors.  I just don’t have any money for their beer.
View Quote

I don’t. The AB InBev leadership saying “think of the workers!’ need to be asked “why didn’t you before you bowed to ESG?”
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks!

It is unheard of for an AB distributor to shut down. Normally, beer distributorships will sell well above market value due to almost guaranteed sales and good profit margins.

In the past, an AB distributorship was like possessing a license to print money.

Yes, it will take a good bit longer than the Q2 numbers report before the complete view of the damage can be seen.

The rebates will be accounted for under the tripled marketing budget that AB announced. That will keep those losses from showing up in sales numbers.

There are probably a hundred other paper shuffles in play that are designed to hide the sales losses for as long as possible.

While the Q2 and Q3 numbers will begin to indicate the damage, the year end numbers will be a better indication of how bad AB has been hurt.

I don't expect Whitworth to be the US CEO for very long after the year end numbers come out, if he makes it that long.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

Blows my mind that Whitworth is still there now. If it was any other debacle than their tranny-worship religion he'd be long gone.

Usually I prefer transcripts but I'm going to listen to the earnings call for this one. I expect most of the analysts to simp for that sweet tranny action but I'm hoping one or two actually do their jobs and go hard once the Q&A starts.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The real question is how do we replicate this with the next corporation that caters to chomos?
View Quote

BL was vulnerable, I think, because the product was not that great to start with, and had to live on reputation ...?

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Blows my mind that Whitworth is still there now. If it was any other debacle than their tranny-worship religion he'd be long gone.

Usually I prefer transcripts but I'm going to listen to the earnings call for this one. I expect most of the analysts to simp for that sweet tranny action but I'm hoping one or two actually do their jobs and go hard once the Q&A starts.
View Quote

Hmm, for those of us who don't normally listen to earnings calls or read transcripts, who don't follow this ^ particular lane

How do you think this might go?
The excuse-making on earnings calls part I mean
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

Have a read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_accounting

Snippets:
Examples
1980s

According to Lucasfilm, Return of the Jedi (1983), despite having earned $475 million at the box office against a budget of $32.5 million, "has never gone into profit".[7]

Producers Michael Uslan and Benjamin Melniker filed a breach of contract lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on March 26, 1992. Uslan and Melniker claimed to be "the victims of a sinister campaign of fraud and coercion that has cheated them out of continuing involvement in the production of the 1989 film Batman and its sequels. We were denied proper credits, and deprived of any financial rewards for our indispensable creative contribution to the success of Batman."[9] A superior court judge rejected the lawsuit. Total revenues of Batman have topped $2 billion, with Uslan claiming to have "not seen a penny more than that since our net profit participation has proved worthless."[9] Warner Bros. offered the pair an out-of-court pay-off, a sum described by Uslan and Melniker's attorney as "two popcorns and two Cokes".[10]

2000s

Gone in 60 Seconds (2000) grossed $240 million at the box office, but the studio declared a $212 million loss, primarily through Hollywood accounting as explained on NPR.[15] The real figure is likely closer to $90 million.[16]

Stan Lee, co-creator of the character Spider-Man, had a contract awarding him 10% of the net profits of anything based on his characters. The film Spider-Man (2002) made more than $800 million in revenue, but the producers claim that it did not make any profit as defined in Lee's contract, and Lee received nothing.

2010s
A Warner Bros. receipt was leaked online in 2010, showing that the hugely successful movie Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) ended up with a $167 million loss on paper after grossing nearly $1 billion.[27] This is especially egregious given that, without inflation adjustment, the Wizarding World film series is the third highest-grossing film series of all time both domestically and internationally, after Star Wars and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I believe the answer is: just how sleazy the beancounters decide to be and how much they are allowed to get away with.

ETA: I do not know if the beer companies are set up with shell corps and all the hollywood sleight of hand they use to hide the truth.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Have a read:

Snippets:
Examples
1980s

According to Lucasfilm, Return of the Jedi (1983), despite having earned $475 million at the box office against a budget of $32.5 million, "has never gone into profit".[7]

Producers Michael Uslan and Benjamin Melniker filed a breach of contract lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court on March 26, 1992. Uslan and Melniker claimed to be "the victims of a sinister campaign of fraud and coercion that has cheated them out of continuing involvement in the production of the 1989 film Batman and its sequels. We were denied proper credits, and deprived of any financial rewards for our indispensable creative contribution to the success of Batman."[9] A superior court judge rejected the lawsuit. Total revenues of Batman have topped $2 billion, with Uslan claiming to have "not seen a penny more than that since our net profit participation has proved worthless."[9] Warner Bros. offered the pair an out-of-court pay-off, a sum described by Uslan and Melniker's attorney as "two popcorns and two Cokes".[10]

2000s

Gone in 60 Seconds (2000) grossed $240 million at the box office, but the studio declared a $212 million loss, primarily through Hollywood accounting as explained on NPR.[15] The real figure is likely closer to $90 million.[16]

Stan Lee, co-creator of the character Spider-Man, had a contract awarding him 10% of the net profits of anything based on his characters. The film Spider-Man (2002) made more than $800 million in revenue, but the producers claim that it did not make any profit as defined in Lee's contract, and Lee received nothing.

2010s
A Warner Bros. receipt was leaked online in 2010, showing that the hugely successful movie Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) ended up with a $167 million loss on paper after grossing nearly $1 billion.[27] This is especially egregious given that, without inflation adjustment, the Wizarding World film series is the third highest-grossing film series of all time both domestically and internationally, after Star Wars and the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I believe the answer is: just how sleazy the beancounters decide to be and how much they are allowed to get away with.

ETA: I do not know if the beer companies are set up with shell corps and all the hollywood sleight of hand they use to hide the truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

Have a read:

Snippets:
Examples
1980s

2000s

2010s

Goddamn!

You know it makes me wonder how much Disney Star Wars really lost
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hmm, for those of us who don't normally listen to earnings calls or read transcripts, who don't follow this ^ particular lane

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Different topic entirely but some examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoSKgN-P5dE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWeuCs7BJRE

Or look up how elon has constantly over-sold the self driving feature in teslas, etc.

There's stuff out there if you poke around.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Goddamn!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aren't the Quarters:

Jan, Feb, Mar
Apr, May, Jun
Jul, Aug, Sep
Oct, Nov, Dec

Have a read:

Snippets:
Examples
1980s

2000s

2010s

Goddamn!

You'll notice that the better pundits and analyists on box office returns always mention when they are using official numbers and when they are not and state when they're having to speculate.

People who count beans seem to be amazingly competent at lying and hiding stuff. If anything, the way DS9 portrayed the ferengi accounting and business practice may be an understatement.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Have a read:

Snippets:
Examples
1980s

2000s

2010s

View Quote
This is why Jack Nicklson got paid a % of gross ticket sales, for being in the first Batman movie.
And why his character was killed off at the end.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

BL was vulnerable, I think, because the product was not that great to start with, and had to live on reputation ...?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sold because of the brand, nothing else. Branding 101, they won the battle in the consumers mind. They killed the brand. Pure brand suicide. This will be taught in school the same way “new Coke” is for decades.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is exactly why they're doing 75-100 percent rebates.

Sales are still down 30% by volume though.   That's a blood bath.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:42:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yesterday I bought a Bud Light.

85 yo FIL that's an old school yankee democrat went to lunch with us and ordered a Bud Light. I drank two Yunglings to counter his one Bud Light. But I was teasing him the entire time. Told the wife to lock up her makeup when we get home.   He got up from the bar stool and could hardly walk.  Told him it's because he needs his high heels.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2023 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is why Jack Nicklson got paid a % of gross ticket sales, for being in the first Batman movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a read:

Snippets:
Examples
1980s

2000s

2010s

IIRC this is also why lucas took a % off the toy sales and was considered a genius for doing so.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#24]
My local Kroger usually has zero to four 12-packs of Yuengling Flight in the cooler and none stacked up outside the cooler. This is massive progress: a full endcap on the snack aisle with the AB products behind the Flite.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My local Kroger usually has zero to four 12-packs of Yuengling Flight in the cooler and none stacked up outside the cooler. This is massive progress: a full endcap on the snack aisle with the AB products behind the Flite.
https://i.imgur.com/cGx0nZJ.jpg
View Quote
I wish my local Publix would do that.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#26]
@FlashMan-7k

Compliments to the OP. Great thread management and not dropping the ball. It's a joy reading this a couple of times a day and getting up-dated information as well as your perspective. Many threads fade due to OP ADD. You are full of good research and timely posts. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The analysts job is allegedly to get answers and data that helps them analyze a company and inform investment decisions. The c-suite guys are supposed to use the call to explain prior performance and then give guidance on future.

IME sometimes you'll hear some mildly pointed questions but the suits almost always have a canned answer and usually tap dance around rather than giving hard guidance even when there's no explosive political element.

I'm hoping for really tough questions and some fireworks and lost tempers this time, but I've never seen or heard of anything like this entire scenario so I have no clue how hard the analysts will push. I'm just guessing they will mostly be PC unfortunately. But fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

IIRC this is also why lucas took a % off the toy sales and was considered a genius for doing so.
View Quote
Yup.

Then Lucas got greedy and inserted the ridiculous, toy friendly, fuzzy midgets in episode 6.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#29]
https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/17/bud-light-sales-july-4th-holiday/

Bud Light sales suffered a major decline over the July 4th holiday weekend as the boycott against the brand continues, industry data shows.

Bud Light sales plunged by 23.6% in the one week period ending July 8th compared to 2022 levels, according to Nielsen IQ dollar sales data provided to the Daily Caller by Bump Williams Consulting. In the four week period ending July 8th, Bud Light sales dropped by 27.1% as the consumer boycott against Bud Light continues.

Budweiser, another Anheuser-Busch brand, saw a 6.6% drop in sales in the week ending July 8th and a 10.7% drop in the four week period ending July 8th, the sales data shows. Rival beer brands Coors Light and Miller Lite had a 30.2% and 25.3% sales increase in the week ending July 8th. Modelo Especial had a 20.7% uptick in sales for the same time period.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yup.

Then Lucas got greedy and inserted the ridiculous, toy friendly, fuzzy midgets in episode 6.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

True, but I'd take them being in a movie over mary-sue perfection incarnate (nee delusional self insert) or crybaby laughable "sith lords" (who you could reduce to tears and uselessness by taking their binky away) and the intentional disrespectful subversion of characters any day.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@FlashMan-7k

Compliments to the OP. Great thread management and not dropping the ball. It's a joy reading this a couple of times a day and getting up-dated information as well as your perspective. Many threads fade due to OP ADD. You are full of good research and timely posts. Thanks.
View Quote

You have such a polite way of saying I have no life and am an obsessive dork.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@FlashMan-7k

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@FlashMan-7k

Hey nownow, I have the goalposts thread (in the "COVID Dungeon") I posted just for the sake of posterity one day.
As the excuse-making accelerated I thought to myself, "okay there's no fuckin way I'm the only one noticing the promises change ."
Going on memory off the top of my head I put it out there, I had no idea it was going to have as much participation as it did.
I had to add over time, etc

So I say that ^ to say, I'm someone who tried his hand at a "moving topic" thread - and from an organizational standpoint and several other things too, my man I think you've absolutely executed better.
Oh abso-fucking-lutely.
The organization is amazing, commentary is great and spot on - you've done a very good job on the thread, and deserve the accolades and praise we're giving you.
It's an absolute masterclass
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Hey nownow, I have the goalposts thread (in the "COVID Dungeon") I posted just for the sake of posterity one day.
As the excuse-making accelerated I thought to myself, "okay there's no fuckin way I'm the only one noticing the promises change ."
Going on memory off the top of my head I put it out there, I had no idea it was going to have as much participation as it did.

So I say that ^ to say, I'm someone who tried his hand at a "moving topic" thread - and from an organizational standpoint and several other things too, my man I think you've absolutely executed better.
Oh abso-fucking-lutely.
The organization is amazing, commentary is great and spot on - you've done a very good job on the thread, and deserve the accolades and praise we're giving you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@FlashMan-7k

Oh abso-fucking-lutely.
FlashMan, you have been Geralted. You are now in the company of some of the best social philosophers in ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/cGx0nZJ.jpg
View Quote

I went to a couple liquor stores looking for Flight last week, they were both sold out.

Found plenty at Tom Thumb around the corner from my work.

ETA: I don't know if its sold outside of TX but Lone Star Light is also a delicious replacement for Bud Light.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#36]
If I missed it, I apologize…..

WHEN is the earnings call and how can you listen?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

InBev earnings call
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
FlashMan, you have been Geralted. You are now in the company of some of the best social philosophers in ARFCOM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@FlashMan-7k

Oh abso-fucking-lutely.

If I must be thrust unwillingly into such ...

For I have none to give. Only God does.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

InBev earnings call

Thank you for the link, added to OP.

RN it says the call is scheduled for august 3rd, and there will be a webcast for non participants to listen along on.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

RN it says the call is scheduled for august 3rd, and there will be a webcast for non participants to listen along on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

InBev earnings call

Buy a single share of InBev and you can join the call.

No, I’m not saying to buy the stock. But if you’re a shareholder and want entertainment unfiltered…

They’re a public company.  Make sure you don’t let the brokerage proxy for you.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No, I’m not saying to buy the stock. But if you’re a shareholder and want entertainment unfiltered…

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

InBev earnings call

You don't have to if you use the webcast link.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

It'll be a while. They will have a LOT of help from many who think like them.

The good thing is, just because they may hide a lot of the pain, doesn't mean it isn't being intensely felt. Keep hammering.

When you have your boot on a throat and the enemy begins to really flail, push harder.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The good thing is, just because they may hide a lot of the pain, doesn't mean it isn't being intensely felt. Keep hammering.

When you have your boot on a throat and the enemy begins to really flail, push harder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AB has a lot of other brands besides BL.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Every thousand-mile journey begins with a first step."
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
These are large regional breweries.  If you shut one down, several hundred people can't just go work for the competition whose brewery is hundreds of miles away.  There is some overlap and some people are portable of course.

But this is 100 percent the fault of the leadership in AB, not the consumer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a radio commercial this morning with various employees stating what they do for AB. It was a another pathetic attempt at creating sympathy. I chuckled as I listened. Let. Them. Burn.

I really don't understand the "support the employees" angle. Those employees can easily go work for a competitor, they are growing.

These are large regional breweries.  If you shut one down, several hundred people can't just go work for the competition whose brewery is hundreds of miles away.  There is some overlap and some people are portable of course.

But this is 100 percent the fault of the leadership in AB, not the consumer.

Blame me for picking the wrong thing to do at the worst possible time to do it? Nah, motherfuckers…blame you. Blame you and reap what you’ve sowed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely. Many of them are feeling pain, as well. Not as much as BL, of course, but it is substantial, and encouraging.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Have they fired that Bitch of Marketing yet?  As a “frat boy”, I gotsta’ know
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn't matter.  AB is too big to take down.  While it is great that some are boycotting all AB brands, the downfall of Bud Light is enough to send the message- and that is exactly the purpose.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I believe corona is owned by AB. Try yuengling flight if available
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I switched my keto beer from mic ultras to Corona premiers. Fuck AB. Spuds is rolling in his grave. RIP.

I believe corona is owned by AB. Try yuengling flight if available

Modelo Sol is a low carb beer.
No, Modelo is not AB.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  AB is too big to take down.  While it is great that some are boycotting all AB brands, the downfall of Bud Light is enough to send the message- and that is exactly the purpose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AB Inbev has more than 500 brands so it would be exceptionally hard to put them out of business worldwide, but many of those brands were purchased for a premium during the last decade or so.

That means the Inbev has to keep the cash coming in to service the debt load for those purchases.

If enough cash isn't coming in, Inbev may have to start selling off some of the slower moving and/or less profitable brands.

Iger has put one third of Disney up for sale in an effort to sell off enough subsidiaries to raise cash to keep their core products intact.

Keep at it!

It is working but it takes a considerable bit of time to cause long term damage to these massive corporations.

Taunt anyone you see drinking Bud Light and inform as many people as you can to make them aware that buying other Inbev brands is just as bad as buying BL.

The power of the purse is real and we are about to see it in action on a scale that has never been seen before.
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top