User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have a pre-staged place to go, sure. If you think you're gonna go live out in the woods Rambo style? Lol.
View Quote

Covey Leader to Raven….. talk to me Johnny

Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

1. Are there any targets in NH worth a nuke?
2. Marshall Law sounds like a good name for a neo-western, but what you're looking for is MARTIAL law.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If and I mean IF SHTF it really depends. I plan on being home or getting home in the event of an emergency. If a nuke goes off 30 miles away I might want to ride out the 30 day storm at home knowing anything that moves outside will die quickly. I live on the city limits and lots of people live around me, but a 10 minute drive will put you in rural areas quick with a huge State Park to the North. If Marshall Law is announced and roving gangs are breaking down my door to loot and kill us for our things I might pack up and leave for safety as we are too few in numbers and fire is a concern. I expect people to burn everyone out if you are not shot or shooting.

1. Are there any targets in NH worth a nuke?
2. Marshall Law sounds like a good name for a neo-western, but what you're looking for is MARTIAL law.

There's some shipyards but I think that's about it.

Im about halfway to Canada from the closest city 50 miles away and it wouldn't makes sense for anyone to come up this way.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
People out here have the ability to move heavy logs and trees:

https://i.imgur.com/by4gi2I.jpg

I'm not saying it's the end-all be-all, but it's a crap-ton better than being in in a city or even suburbia.
View Quote

I'm not making a comparison of what is better, I'm asking what is the scenario where you drop a tree to block an entrance.  

I understand you have the ability to move heavy logs and trees, but that still blocks some folks in or out unless the equipment is kept close by ready to go.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not making a comparison of what is better, I'm asking what is the scenario where you drop a tree to block an entrance.  

I understand you have the ability to move heavy logs and trees, but that still blocks some folks in or out unless the equipment is kept close by ready to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying it's the end-all be-all, but it's a crap-ton better than being in in a city or even suburbia.

I've talked about it with a neighbor before.

We live on top of a hill. If we blocked the roads at the bottom we could make any aggressors walk the 6miles up the hill. It's not the end all be all. Just an idea.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coordination with the neighbors affected.  If it's really SHTF and it's bad enough we're thinking of a roadblock, then people aren't going into town for work or groceries or whatever.  Bands of looters have left the city and are incoming, doing what looters do: killing and raping as they go.  Hopefully the 40 miles of armed Americans between them and us will whittle them down before they get here.

It would be very temporary, depending on what is going on.  It's the not the only option, not even the first one; but it is an option.  One that's not shared by most in the city or suburbia.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Coordination with the neighbors affected.  If it's really SHTF and it's bad enough we're thinking of a roadblock, then people aren't going into town for work or groceries or whatever.  B  Hopefully the 40 miles of armed Americans between them and us will whittle them down before they get here.

It would be very temporary, depending on what is going on.  It's the not the only option, not even the first one; but it is an option. One that's not shared by most in the city or suburbia. 
View Quote

Butwhat is this SHTF scenario where "bands of looters have left the city and are incoming, doing what looters do: killing and raping as they go."?  In this scenario where there are bands of looters roaming the country side, what happened to the city?    
Did the looters already rape and pillage everyone and everything in the city?  
Did they manage to kill off all remaining law enforcement and National Guard help?  
Are these particular looters immune and/or unaffected by whatever the cataclysmic event was that took out everyone else?
How does this unknown cataclysmic event know to attack the city ,but stop at the outer borders of the burbs?  

I understand people can set up some sort of roadblock, I trying to find out "why"? What are the SHTF scenarios that is triggering it beyond "looters and bad guys and aggressors" streaming out from the city to rural areas?  

Basically, if you were a looter, would YOU travel 100 miles out to the middle of nowhere when most people stay put? No, if you were going to travel anywhere to loot, it would be to the closest Wal-Mart....and Nike store.

Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Butwhat is this SHTF scenario where "bands of looters have left the city and are incoming, doing what looters do: killing and raping as they go."?  In this scenario where there are bands of looters roaming the country side, what happened to the city?    
Did they manage to kill off all remaining law enforcement and National Guard help?  
Are these particular looters immune and/or unaffected by whatever the cataclysmic event was that took out everyone else?
How does this unknown cataclysmic event know to attack the city ,but stop at the outer borders of the burbs?  

I understand people can set up some sort of roadblock, I trying to find out "why"? What are the SHTF scenarios that is triggering it beyond "looters and bad guys and aggressors" streaming out from the city to rural areas?  

Basically, if you were a looter, would YOU travel 100 miles out to the middle of nowhere when most people stay put? No, if you were going to travel anywhere to loot, it would be to the closest Wal-Mart....and Nike store.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Nuke:
Dallas
Houston
San Antonio
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nuke:
Dallas
Houston
San Antonio
View All Quotes

Kill all humans and there will be piece on earth.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]
If there are multiple nukes detonated across the United States, roving bands of looters from those cities (that were just nuked) raping their way through rural areas would be the LAST thing you need to worry about.

I would think it would be more like:
I can't believe this is happening, and I'm still alive.  Is everyone OK?
Who did it?
What areas were hit?
How many died?
Did we retaliate?
Are there more incoming?
Am I near a silo/base/dam/power plant that will get hit?
Am I in danger of radiation fallout?

Are my friends and family in other parts of the country alive?
WTF is going on?!?!  Powers down...I don't what is going on.  (Single terrorist? Accident?  All out war?)
Is this the end of the world?
What do I do next??!?   Should I stay here? Is it safe?
What is the government doing? Is there still a government?  (OK, maybe not...insert potato joke here).

Not...."Oh bummer, nukes hit....better go outside to drop a tree and set up a defensive perimeter.  The Duke and his crew will be here any day now"  

Something to keep in mind.
If a large nuclear event happens, everything in the path of any fallout is toast.  That means no living off the land, no hunting, no well water, no livestock, no crops....nada. If it is in the path of any fallout, consider it contaminated.  You would also want to stay indoors as much as possible.  

If you are lucky enough to be out of harms way, and months later, you see people.  They are not there to loot you for your valuables and rape your wife.  If they are there with intent on harm, it is to scavenge your house for food, water antibiotics and painkillers.  And as I said before, you should probably be concerned with locals that KNOW what you have vs some radioactive stranger stumbling through the country side scrounging for food.   Yes, they are dangerous, but so is your neighbor down the road that only had 6 weeks worth of food and water for his family, and you are now 8 weeks into this event.  (Or vice versa, maybe you don't plan on letting your family starve....and you know the elderly prepper that lives 5 miles away had 6 months worth of stuff in is basement.)
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coordination with the neighbors affected.  If it's really SHTF and it's bad enough we're thinking of a roadblock, then people aren't going into town for work or groceries or whatever.  B  Hopefully the 40 miles of armed Americans between them and us will whittle them down before they get here.

It would be very temporary, depending on what is going on.  It's the not the only option, not even the first one; but it is an option. One that's not shared by most in the city or suburbia.

It shouldn't be hard to figure out, pick one:

- EBT down for a day
- Nuke on American soil
- EBT down for a day
- Biological warfare on a massive scale
- EBT down for a day
- Global nuclear warfare
- EBT down for a day
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Panic In Year Zero, part 1 - Excellent quality
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you have a pre-staged place to go, sure. If you think you're gonna go live out in the woods Rambo style? Lol.
View Quote
Or worse think the "county bumpkins" will take you in because reasons or that you'll just go in with your city smerts and take over.  I've told people if you think you're just gonna show up in the country and squat and live off the land you've got a rude awakening coming.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It shouldn't be hard to figure out, pick one:

- EBT down for a day
- Nuke on American soil
- EBT down for a day
- Biological warfare on a massive scale
- EBT down for a day
- Global nuclear warfare
- EBT down for a day
View Quote

I'll pick all of them.

Single nuke on American soil?  Why would there be roving bands of looters from the city in rural areas?   A single nuke?  Within 24 hours, every government and state support agency will be in the area and everything would be on lockdown.  Why (and how) would looters in a city that was just hit by a nuke go out to a rural area to loot?    Seems like a wiser choice (assuming they survived the blast) would be to make their way to the nearest emergency shelter away from the blast for much needed medical support, food and water.   People that were able to flee are heading someplace safe, not to go loot rural areas.  

Biological warfare on a massive scale?  Why would there be roving bands of LOOTERS in rural areas?  You will have people FLEEING the city (if they are not bugging in), but no looter is going to decide that now is the time hop into their hooptie and head out (on jam packed highways) to unknown rural areas to loot. Are they somehow immune to the biological agent?  Do they know where they are going?  How does that make any sense?  I can at least see an argument to set up a perimeter in a rural area, but that is to keep EVERYONE out.  Your mom was in the city visiting a doctor when the event hit?  Too bad....no one gets in.   Again, you will have government and state agencies all over the area(s).

Global Nuclear warfare?  You are already dead, or will probably wish you were dead.

EBT down for a day? So edge...much lord.....  

There seems to be a theme in these SHTF scenarios.  
There are basically two groups that survive whatever event unscathed.  The good rural folks in tight nit groups.....and...the evil looters from the bowels of the city descending on the country side.  Thus a clear cut battle of good vs evil.   The liberal cidiots, suburbanites, and all government agencies are somehow out of the picture.  Never mind that in such a scenario it makes zero sense for a looter to leave the city (or suburbs) where everyone else is gone, in order to head 100 miles out into the unknown to loot the unknown.  Are they making their way someplace, or are they just heading out to loot and rape for the day, then head back to the city at night to party like its 1999?
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Read the book "Lights Out" by David Crawford  December 10, 2010

Link Posted: 11/2/2023 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#16]

That is time of fully functioning interstates at 70 mph.

SW Virginia for the win, lol.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#17]
How can anyone watch the events overseas or read any history then pretend that you'd have an option as to whether or not you have to bug-out?  

it's funny that Americans can't conceive of a world where they'd be a "refugee," but the truth is that there is a point where no matter how prepared you are that you would be forced to relocate.  

Obviously, having to relocate to the middle of nowhere and "live off the land" would be bad, but there are many scenarios where that might be required for at least a short, but not insigificant period of time.   In the past, with major wars, massive natural disasters, or collapses of Empires like the collapse of the Western Roman Empire, people have been pushed out of their homes.  However, man is a social animal and civilization will eventually be established to some degree somewhere, but there is always that interim period before things settle down that can cost a lot of lives or at least be very difficult for the people.  

You absolutley need a plan to "bug-out" as best as you can.  Just because you don't have a second property with the ideal cache of supplies to go to, doesn't mean you shouldn't be prepared to bug-out.  Don't let "perfect" be the enemy of "good."  Have a plan to relocate, as best as you can for as long as you can.  Initial periods of chaos can be difficult to collect intelligence during and that makes making a decision as to where to go difficult.  If you can displace to a remote location for at least a short period of time until a safe retreat or resettlement option can be determined than that could definitely be useful.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2023 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Bug in until most of the people have died off.
What percentage of the population is fit enough and are not on medication?
Neighbor said he and his mother both have medical conditions and would only last two weeks tops.
The land whales won't make it past the end of thier block.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Excellent movie.... Wish I could find it in its entirety!
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Amazon video has it to rent or buy.

Plus you can watch it in parts on YouTube.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Amazon video has it to rent or buy.

Plus you can watch it in parts on YouTube.
View Quote

Tried to watch in parts on YouTube..... All screwed up. Will buy from Amazon!

Thanks friend!
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Panic in Year Zero!
On Daily Motion but it's only 380p  
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top