Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdV-HIDRC1I

0-60 in 2.3 seconds will put a smile on your face.
View Quote
I just wish their owners would take a few driving courses.  There are a bunch of them around where I'm living, along with a lot of very twisty roads, and it seems like every owner sees a Corvette in his rear view mirror and has to prove how fast he is.

So they end up nailing it on the short straight stretches of road (like 85-90 MPH in a 40 zone) but then slam on the brakes and creep through the curves at 15-25 MPH and get offended that I catch up (not that I'm trying, I know what's going to happen on the curves). Then they start the whole cycle again.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I just wish their owners would take a few driving courses.  There are a bunch of them around where I'm living, along with a lot of very twisty roads, and it seems like every owner sees a Corvette in his rear view mirror and has to prove how fast he is.

So they end up nailing it on the short straight stretches of road (like 85-90 MPH in a 40 zone) but then slam on the brakes and creep through the curves at 15-25 MPH and get offended that I catch up (not that I'm trying, I know what's going to happen on the curves). Then they start the whole cycle again.
View Quote
Tesla owners don’t have a corner on that driving style.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Tesla owners don’t have a corner on that driving style.
View Quote
But few cars have that kind of acceleration in those short stretches.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
How does Tesla manage to keep their wheels from spinning? Is it not something that can translate over to regular cars?
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How does Tesla manage to keep their wheels from spinning? Is it not something that can translate over to regular cars?
View Quote
Massive torque at zero RPM with a torque management system, plus awd
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Massive torque at zero RPM with a torque management system, plus awd
View Quote
And they are heavy, push the tires into the road hard enough and any tire can be made to hook up and accelerate....
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And they are heavy, push the tires into the road hard enough and any tire can be made to hook up and accelerate....
View Quote
Exactly. Most of it just comes down to weight.

A p100d weighs literally 1 ton more than many sedans. 2000 pounds extra does a lot for traction.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 8:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's fun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rumor is the Zora variant will be the hybridized ICE rear/e-drive front.  If true, the Z06 will be the true "pure" version (ie. I dislike hybrids).  A full on electric version would be the game changer model, though.
I'm cool with a hybrid like you see in racing...but they can stick the pure electric up their ass...
Magnets are the future, and should be welcomed.

"...The Model S delivers immediate and scorching acceleration both from a standstill and at any speed. All trim levels have a top speed of 155 mph and come with two electric motors and a 100-kilowatt-hours lithium-ion battery pack. The principal differences between the trims are acceleration rates and range. The base Model S (previously called the 100D) can drive up to 370 miles on a single charge and goes from zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds. It has an mpg-equivalent rating of 111 combined city/highway.

The Model S Performance, formerly known as the P100D, can reach 60 mph in 2.4 seconds. It has an estimated range of 345 miles and a 104 MPGe rating..."

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/tesla/model-s/performance
It's fun.

That looks like crazy fun!
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rumor is the Zora variant will be the hybridized ICE rear/e-drive front.  If true, the Z06 will be the true "pure" version (ie. I dislike hybrids).  A full on electric version would be the game changer model, though.
I'm cool with a hybrid like you see in racing...but they can stick the pure electric up their ass...
Magnets are the future, and should be welcomed.

"...The Model S delivers immediate and scorching acceleration both from a standstill and at any speed. All trim levels have a top speed of 155 mph and come with two electric motors and a 100-kilowatt-hours lithium-ion battery pack. The principal differences between the trims are acceleration rates and range. The base Model S (previously called the 100D) can drive up to 370 miles on a single charge and goes from zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds. It has an mpg-equivalent rating of 111 combined city/highway.

The Model S Performance, formerly known as the P100D, can reach 60 mph in 2.4 seconds. It has an estimated range of 345 miles and a 104 MPGe rating..."

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/tesla/model-s/performance
It's fun.

Yeah, with regards to acceleration, while I'd prefer the sound and textile vibrations of a blown big block...I'm down with that.

The problem I have is the weight when it comes to cornering.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Magnetic shocks are awesome, by the way. Make a 2-ton car feel like it's not.
View Quote
I love my magnetic shocks. The ride is amazing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Emelia Hartford on YT. Claims to have bought one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here is how I feel about the claim. They have tremendous reputational risk to claim that then not deliver. I get it's mid engine and still a tremendous value, but with the pre order volume if they don't deliver the blowback would be huge. You'd think there would be a video rather than their word. That said the formula makes me think they achieved it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to be clear - I hope everyone doesn't think I am loudly calling GM liars, or want the C8 to fail or anything like that.  I think the C8 Corvette looks amazing, and everything about it seems really cool.  I genuine think it's awesome, and I want it to succeed.  

I am just SKEPTICAL about the specific claim that a car costing less than $65k can do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.

I would love to be wrong ... even if it would emasculate my 911.  
Here is how I feel about the claim. They have tremendous reputational risk to claim that then not deliver. I get it's mid engine and still a tremendous value, but with the pre order volume if they don't deliver the blowback would be huge. You'd think there would be a video rather than their word. That said the formula makes me think they achieved it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Show us your 65k car's paint job
View Quote
My 65k car has an amazing paint job..
And I'm not talking about the camaro...
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Show us your 65k car's paint job
You know I wasn't talking to you. Lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:25:32 AM EDT
[#15]
2020 C8 pricing starts at $59,995.00 after destination charges.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2020-chevy-c8-corvette-midengine-price-msrp/

When Chevrolet finally brought the mid-engine 2020 Corvette before the public, it made the audacious comment that this eighth-generation muscle car's base price would slide in under $60,000. Many figured that would be the price before the mandatory destination charge, but the truth is even better.

Chevrolet on Thursday announced pricing for the 2020 Corvette. It will start at $59,995, which includes a $1,095 destination charge. You're still on the hook for taxes, title fees and all that good stuff, however, and the true out-the-door price is subject to all that good stuff.

That base price isn't exactly a penalty box, either. There's a whole bunch of quality standard equipment, including eight-way power seats, dual-zone automatic climate control, rear parking sensors, a 10-speaker Bose sound system, an 8-inch infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a 12-inch gauge display and LED headlights.

More at link...
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well that is less than 60,000.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#17]
~Not content to drop just one piece of news, this morning Chevrolet reveals the official MSRP pricing of the 2020 Corvette Stingray as well as the fact that it will do 194 mph top speed as tested.
That, my friends, is Chevrolet keeping their promise of being true to the Corvette heritage. It’s all about offering attainable performance and a great exotic sports car design for the everyday American car buyer.

Here’s a quick look at the official prices Chevrolet has included in the press release, and then we’ll get into what each package comes with so that you can best determine what you want (or on the flip side, which options you can live without).

The 2020 Corvette Stingray:

PACKAGE/OPTIONPRICE
1LT$59,995
2LT$67,295
3LT$71,945

Z51 Performance Package$5,000
NPP Performance Exhaust$1,195
Front Lift System$1,495

The pricing that’s shown on the three different packages INCLUDES the $1,095 Destination Charge. So in reality, the real base price of the car is $58,900.

I think the biggest surprise for us is the fact that the 2LT trim package which has always been the sweet spot is now showing an increase of over $3,000 from the C7’s 2LT price. Granted, there is a lot of great technology offered but at $7,300, we may have more than a few opting for the 1LT, especially if the Z51 package is a must-have box that must be checked!

Speaking of the Z51, that package price remains the same as the C7’s price and includes bigger brakes, a manually adjustable suspension and more. Well done, Chevy!!

There’s still a lot of unanswered questions including pricing for the various exterior trim, the interior carbon fiber package, optional wheels and more. We will be following up this post with that info and more when it comes available.

So now let’s dive in and take a look at the various standard and optional equipment that’s included in each of the three trim packages as well as the Z51 Performance Package.

1LT – Starts at $59,995

The base 2020 Corvette Stingray includes:

6.2L Small Block V-8 LT2 engine, producing an SAE-rated 490 horsepower (965 kW) and 465 lb-ft of torque (630 Nm)
8-speed dual-clutch transmission with paddle shifters
8-way power GT1 Seats with Mulan leather
Removable body-color roof panel
Front and Rear E-boost assisted disc brakes with Brembo four-piston/two-piece front calipers and four-piston/ monoblock rear calipers
Michelin Pilot Sport ALS run-flat performance all-season tires with tire pressure and temperature monitoring.
Traction control with active handling and launch control
Keyless access with push-button start
Driver mode selector (Tour, Sport, Track, Weather, MyMode and Z-Made)
Dual-zone electronic climate control
Capless fueling
Cruise control
Dual power remote heated sport mirror
Central locking interior storage ~ glove box / console
HD Rear Vision Camera and Rear Park Assist
Power pull-down hatch
Leather-wrapped steering wheel with power tilt and telescoping functionality
Bose 10-speaker premium sound system with 3-month SiriusXM free trial
8-in diagonal color touch screen with Chevrolet’s latest infotainment system
12-in configurable color cluster display
One-touch Bluetooth pairing through Near Field Communication
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capabilities
Steering wheel controls
OnStar one month trial
Power window express up/down
LED lighting with automatic headlamps
Cabin air filtration
2LT – Starts at $67,295

Includes most of the standard content on the 1LT, plus:

Full-color head-up display
Power lumbar and wing seat adjustment
Wireless phone charging
Heated and ventilated seats
Heated steering wheel
Bose 14-speaker Performance Series audio system
Navigation with traffic
Performance Data Recorder
Universal Home Remote
Power folding mirrors
Rear Camera Mirror with auto-dimming
Driver and passenger side seat memory package
Front Curb View Camera
SirusXM Satellite Radio with a one-year subscription
Side Blind Zone Alert
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Advanced theft deterrent system
Parcel nets
3LT – Starts at $71,945

Includes most of the standard content on the 1LT and 2LT, plus:

GT2 seats with Napa and Mulan leather seating surfaces and carbon fiber trim
Custom leather-wrapped interior
Suede-wrapped upper interior trim
Leather-wrapped door panels
Z51 Performance Package – $5,000

The popular Z51 Performance Package price remains unchanged at $5,000 and takes any trim of Corvette to new heights. The package launches the new mid-engine Stingray from 0-60 mph in fewer than 3 seconds, nearly a second faster than the 2019 Corvette Stingray Paired with the 1LT trim, that level of performance can be had for less than $65,000.

The Z51 Performance Package adds:

NPP Performance exhaust
Performance suspension with manually adjustable threaded spring seats
Electronic limited-slip differential
Front splitter
Rear spoiler
Larger than standard front end rear E-Boost-assisted disc brakes with Brembo four-piston monobloc caliper at front and rear with Z51 logo
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer only Performance tires
Enhanced cooling
Specific axle ratio
Front brake cooling inlets
Other Key Options

The NPP Performance exhaust is priced at $1,195. This exhaust system boosts the Stingray’s power output to an SAE-rated 495 horsepower (369 kW) and 470 lb-ft (637 Nm) of torque.

The Innovative front suspension lift system that can store up to 1,000 locations for automatic activation will be available on 2LT and 3LT trims for $1,495.

Customers have an unprecedented level at personalization and can select from 12 exterior colors, six interior color themes, six seat belt colors, two optional stitch packages and three seat choices.

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2019/aug/0815-corvette-pricing.html

Basically, the 2LT with Z51 and front suspension lift has the same MSRP as my current 2LT Z51 C7.

ETA: Adding the MSRC will add another $2K to the price, so it's  slightly more expensive than the MSRP on my 2017
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#18]
194 mph stock?
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
194 mph stock?
View Quote
Many new sports cars will do close to 200 pretty easily, unless they are limited.

Even my type R's top speed is 174mph right off the lot, and that's a 4cyl 2.0 liter turbo.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:02:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Many new sports cars will do close to 200 pretty easily, unless they are limited.

Even my type R's top speed is 174mph right off the lot, and that's a 4cyl 2.0 liter turbo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
194 mph stock?

I’m sure you know, but that 20 mph is a big difference.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes it is. It becomes a horsepower game. Drag is velocity squared, so you usually just have to gain the speed through sheer power. Aero can make a difference, but not as much as people think for top speed. (unless it's like a purpose built streamliner type top speed car)

All I'm saying is getting to 200mph (or close) is becoming fairly common in modern sports cars.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes it is. It becomes a horsepower game. Drag is velocity squared, so you usually just have to gain the speed through sheer power. Aero can make a difference, but not as much as people think for top speed. (unless it's like a purpose built streamliner type top speed car)

All I'm saying is getting to 200mph (or close) is becoming fairly common in modern sports cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All cars are fast now. I got a Bettle for a loaner a couple weeks ago and it was effortless to take that thing over the century mark. It wasn’t a struggle for it at all.

SO WHY DOES EVERYONE MERGE AND DRIVE LIKE ITS 1974???
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm supposed to be on Road Atlanta in September and looking at the sign up sheet there is supposed to be someone there with a 2020 Corvette. Now that is planning ahead!
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#25]
The more I see it, the more I like it. I would hold out till a Z06 or ZR1 model though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm supposed to be on Road Atlanta in September and looking at the sign up sheet there is supposed to be someone there with a 2020 Corvette. Now that is planning ahead!
View Quote
When are you coming? I’ll be on track september 14th testing some aero changes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
194 mph stock?
View Quote
Mine can do 175 in one gear.

Corvette Z06 | Car Review | Top Gear
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9kzyqW-l8
View Quote
I love that episode. I always hated how Clarkson would poke the rear bumper and make fun of the “low build quality” flex. You can do the exact same thing to a number of “quality” sports cars.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I love that episode. I always hated how Clarkson would poke the rear bumper and make fun of the “low build quality” flex. You can do the exact same thing to a number of “quality” sports cars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko9kzyqW-l8
Those C6 Z06 are awesome cars.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#31]
“Oh yeah! I forgot. I’m gonna pay another hundred grand to get walked on the highway by some good ol’ boy named Cleatus and his fat brother Roy!”

Link Posted: 8/16/2019 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
“Oh yeah! I forgot. I’m gonna pay another hundred grand to get walked on the highway by some good ol’ boy named Cleatus and his fat brother Roy!”

View All Quotes
Quoted:

People who buy a Mclaren aren't buying the car for it's performance.  The fact that a man of relatively modest means can own a C8 corvette, is why they won't buy a C8.

An oil change on a Mclaren F1 is around $8,000, and it'll cost you about $30k per year to maintain.  They're expensive as hell to buy, and expensive as hell to own, and everyone knows that.  That's why people buy McLarens.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

People who buy a Mclaren aren't buying the car for it's performance.  The fact that a man of relatively modest means can own a C8 corvette, is why they won't buy a C8.

An oil change on a Mclaren F1 is around $8,000, and it'll cost you about $30k per year to maintain.  They're expensive as hell to buy, and expensive as hell to own, and everyone knows that.  That's why people buy McLarens.
View Quote
Sheeeeeeeit! 8k for an oil change? They changing half the motor with it?  I mean besides being expensive for the sake and prestige of being expensive....why?  I'm just morbidly curious at this point.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sheeeeeeeit! 8k for an oil change? They changing half the motor with it?  I mean besides being expensive for the sake and prestige of being expensive....why?  I'm just morbidly curious at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder how much Hoovies wizard mechanic would charge.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look up changing the oil on a Bugatti.  You have to take half the back end of the car apart.  It runs over $20k
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
It doesn't cost that much. Those numbers are for the Mclaren f1, which is one of the most expensive cars to maintain.

If you own something like a 570 or 720s, expect to pay about 1200-1500 dollars per oil change.

Source: I am good buddies with the sales manager at motorcars of GA. They also do service, obviously.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Look up changing the oil on a Bugatti.  You have to take half the back end of the car apart.  It runs over $20k
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's not a jiffylube project:

Bugatti Veyron $21K Oil Change ?.. Ehhh, I'll do it Myself

The new C8 looks amazing.  I might have to tap into the kids' college funds...
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That is fucking awesome!  

... the cynical side of me wonders if there will be a price hike next year.  Maybe they are willing to sell at a loss for a year, just to keep their promise and to get the buzz/hope out there.

Regardless, that is awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is fucking awesome!  

... the cynical side of me wonders if there will be a price hike next year.  Maybe they are willing to sell at a loss for a year, just to keep their promise and to get the buzz/hope out there.

Regardless, that is awesome.
I have a feeling it will go up.  I've heard rumors and seen videos that pre-sales are so insane that all of the 2021, yes, that's not next year, but the entire year AFTER THAT, are almost all spoken for as well.

As much as the "purists" are decrying the engine move, the sales numbers aren't lying, people aren't just a little hyped over this, they are over the moon ecstatic about what GM has done.  I watched a video showing the interior and exterior, how the targa gets stowed, leg room.... it's a really REALLY nice car.  That said, that 60k number isn't reality, it's just a sales pitch.  We all know that most people at a minimum are going to want the 2LT package, and probably the Z51 as well.  So now we're looking at over $70k.

Then again, my new truck MSRP'd at just about the same price as an 2LT+Z51 Corvette.  I didn't pay anywhere close to that for it... but that's what the sticker said.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Its a liquid, it doesn't need a lot of clearance to move around and gravity can help you. You have to actively try to design a $20k oil change.   You could get 95% of the way through designing a car and have forgotten that it needs to be able to change the oil and find a way to change it without spending $20k.   I mean that's just fuck you money because the owners have it. Which I understand, I mean not really, I don't have fuck you money, and at this point in life even if I won eleventy billion tomorrow I've been frugal my whole life...I'd die with most of it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Its a liquid, it doesn't need a lot of clearance to move around and gravity can help you. You have to actively try to design a $20k oil change.   You could get 95% of the way through designing a car and have forgotten that it needs to be able to change the oil and find a way to change it without spending $20k.   I mean that's just fuck you money because the owners have it. Which I understand, I mean not really, I don't have fuck you money, and at this point in life even if I won eleventy billion tomorrow I've been frugal my whole life...I'd die with most of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They probably do it to make the car expensive to maintain on purpose.  Still it's shithouse engineering IMHO.  Put a fucking drain plug and a fill hole and a fucking oil filter you can access.

I want to know how one breaks into working on these ridiculous cars?  Shit even the cheepy $1,500 oil change would be a sweet gig...
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Then it must be because of the gearing and launch management to get it to zoom on by
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have an issue believing GM

This is why I feel that way, what are the things you need for a go fast 0-60 which are not mutually exclusive.

Power
Light weight
Traction
Gearing

a base c7 is a 3.7 0-60 car I beleive

power, GM engines make the power no debate there

Now with a C7 there's a lot of extra weight in there because the engine is ahead of the driver and the other stuff is behind.
so the C8 is probably lighter

traction, the new tires they have should be sticky icky...for illustrative purposes a c6 z06 with rag radials at sea level is a 10 second car. that's a quic 0-60

gearing...the new trans is probably going to be awesome and let you have 8 gears and you can probably pop off shits ricky tik. So that should help.

We shall see.

Don't worry about your 911 being slower, somthing will come along and be faster than the c8
The C8 is heavier than C7.
Then it must be because of the gearing and launch management to get it to zoom on by
Mid engine is good for traction under acceleration.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Did they do the 0-100-0 test yet?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have an issue believing GM

This is why I feel that way, what are the things you need for a go fast 0-60 which are not mutually exclusive.

Power
Light weight
Traction
Gearing

a base c7 is a 3.7 0-60 car I beleive

power, GM engines make the power no debate there

Now with a C7 there's a lot of extra weight in there because the engine is ahead of the driver and the other stuff is behind.
so the C8 is probably lighter

traction, the new tires they have should be sticky icky...for illustrative purposes a c6 z06 with rag radials at sea level is a 10 second car. that's a quic 0-60

gearing...the new trans is probably going to be awesome and let you have 8 gears and you can probably pop off shits ricky tik. So that should help.

We shall see.

Don't worry about your 911 being slower, somthing will come along and be faster than the c8
The C8 is heavier than C7.
This guy explains it pretty well.  WARNING MATH...

How The 2020 Corvette Achieves Its Fastest 0-60 Ever
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
194 mph stock?
View Quote
That is a little disappointing. My V6 4-door sedan (really holds 4 adults, not 2 adults + 2 midgets) does 191 stock.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That is a little disappointing. My V6 4-door sedan (really holds 4 adults, not 2 adults + 2 midgets) does 191 stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
194 mph stock?
You’re going to need to provide some evidence.
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They probably do it to make the car expensive to maintain on purpose.  Still it's shithouse engineering IMHO.  Put a fucking drain plug and a fill hole and a fucking oil filter you can access.

I want to know how one breaks into working on these ridiculous cars?  Shit even the cheepy $1,500 oil change would be a sweet gig...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's beyond dumb.  Surely that car uses dry sump oiling right?
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
194 mph stock?
My V8, 4-door truck with 395 hp does 105 stock.
Fucking limiters
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Amen!  Stop the c8 is a supercar/exotic nonsense.  Its a chevy, not a McLaren/Ferrari/Lambo... it will put the power down and perform very well.  But its a chevy and will always be a chevy.  There will be 40,000 manufactured a year.  Its the poor mans supercar.

Not a hater, i am on the order list. Love what it is. Lets be realistic about what it is...
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/16/2019 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Imagine in 6 or 7 years when these fuckers hit the used market at $35-40k. Dad just got a 2011 Grand Sport, mint condition with 9k miles for $35k
Page / 28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top