Page / 82
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Added a M952V, thanks to pbjunkiee.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s273.photobucket.com/user/zuna003/media/20141005_130424.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj238/zuna003/20141005_130424.jpg</a>

Added a M952V, thanks to pbjunkiee.
View Quote

Very nice
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Got my optic in.  Leupold 2-7 VX-R

It's the perfect size, weight, mag range, capped turrets, 30mm tube, good light transmission...  everything I wanted, and $450.  I'm happy, but it has some downsides.

The illumination is mostly worthless.  Lots of bloom, and it's just a center dot.  Meh.
Also rear focus.  The focal range is enough to be useful, but dialing focus at the rear seems super weird to me.  I'd be happier if they had just dropped illum all together and put the focus on the left side of the reticle box.
The BDC reticle could also stand to be a little bigger, and a ranging scale and windage markings would be nice to have as well.

Overall, I'd recommend it for the price, but it's not exactly a front runner for any official endorsement for the CWAR family of rifles.  It's good enough to use until I'm swimming in money deep enough to blow two grand on a Mark 6.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
seriously dude? maryland shorts?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe he likes to fart in them?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I never heard of CWAR.

My almost, unintended CWAR.
LMT upper
Mega billet lower
Geissele MK4
Geissele SSA-E
Soon to be replaced vltor stock
Burris tac30
Magpul K grip
Odd pinned together, 20rd body, 10rd bushmaster mag just cause I like the 20rd look.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:45:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I never heard of CWAR.

LMT upper

Mega billet lower

Geissele MK4

Geissele SSA-E

Burris tac30

Magpul K grip

Odd pinned together, 20rd body, 10rd bushmaster mag just cause I like the 20rd look.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj124/marlboroman2008/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/20141003_083157_zpscrvqvfie.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never heard of CWAR.

LMT upper
Mega billet lower
Geissele MK4
Geissele SSA-E
Burris tac30
Magpul K grip

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj124/marlboroman2008/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/20141003_083157_zpscrvqvfie.jpg
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/36/363dacb575e37056de7b27bb96a1c5ae1f9bc68996b058cb23cfd054a1ec65ed.jpg

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm building a SCWAR-30 (300blk)

got most of the parts, just waiting on stamps and need to get another cog
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, apparently this is happening...

http://i61.tinypic.com/20ux15i.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I never heard of CWAR.

LMT upper
Mega billet lower
Geissele MK4
Geissele SSA-E
Burris tac30
Magpul K grip

View Quote

Out of spec.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Eh, he's close.

If nothing else, it serves to prove how ridiculous a universal attachment system that needs an adapter to a different universal attachment system in order to actually attach anything really is.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Eh, he's close.

If nothing else, it serves to prove how ridiculous a universal attachment system that needs an adapter to a different universal attachment system in order to actually attach anything really is.
View Quote

You're also out of spec!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Dickmod automatic CWAR disqualification.

Other news, the SHECWAR lower has arrived and rifle might be done in a week or so.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got my optic in.  Leupold 2-7 VX-R

It's the perfect size, weight, mag range, capped turrets, 30mm tube, good light transmission...  everything I wanted, and $450.  I'm happy, but it has some downsides.

The illumination is mostly worthless.  Lots of bloom, and it's just a center dot.  Meh.
Also rear focus.  The focal range is enough to be useful, but dialing focus at the rear seems super weird to me.  I'd be happier if they had just dropped illum all together and put the focus on the left side of the reticle box.
The BDC reticle could also stand to be a little bigger, and a ranging scale and windage markings would be nice to have as well.

Overall, I'd recommend it for the price, but it's not exactly a front runner for any official endorsement for the CWAR family of rifles.  It's good enough to use until I'm swimming in money deep enough to blow two grand on a Mark 6.

http://i58.tinypic.com/260dem0.jpg
View Quote

Nice!  That type of focus isn't intended to be shifted on the fly.  Set it and forget it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I blame all of you for this.

I need to pick up another G trigger to finish this one off and I'm going to swap the MK4 over to a MK8 once they release the 9.5 length.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Also lwrci Ultra compact stock
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.

And use the Geissele supplied trigger pins, and also get rid of that silly bolt catch lever.

And keep the Mk4.

But maybe everyone is allowed to have one sin on their rifles?  I still have the Troy BUIS on my SCWAR.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
And a spec SCWAR is supposed to have a T-1 or TA44.

Damn nice looking, though.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I think a TA33 on. SCWAR would be badass. Could be a ROCWAR
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
No ultra compact stock as I don't shoot NTCH so my stock is further out when shooting. I sincerely thought about one for my 8" 300BO but couldn't justify the cost and breaking commonality with my other rifles for being a bit shorter when stored. It would have had a Geissele rail put on it if they ever came out with a 7" length.

I like BAD levers as I'm a lefty but right eye dominant, so while I shoot rifles righty I like everything being ambidextrous and within reach. I have smaller hands and the lever lets me manipulate the controls better and haven't been an issue at all. I'll keep them.

The KNS pins are a holdover as this was my first stamped lower and I wanted a way to differentiate from my non-NFA lowers at a glance. Things have now flip flopped where I only have one non-NFA lower so they will move once I get the trigger.

As for the optic, I tried a T1 and it didn't work with my eyesight. I've since had the eyes cut on but still prefer the larger tube red dots or ACOGs if I want magnification.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

No ultra compact stock as I don't shoot NTCH so my stock is further out when shooting. I sincerely thought about one for my 8" 300BO but couldn't justify the cost and breaking commonality with my other rifles for being a bit shorter when stored. It would have had a Geissele rail put on it if they ever came out with a 7" length.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/yakrat/Z3008.jpg

I like BAD levers as I'm a lefty but right eye dominant, so while I shoot rifles righty I like everything being ambidextrous and within reach. I have smaller hands and the lever lets me manipulate the controls better and haven't been an issue at all. I'll keep them.

The KNS pins are a holdover as this was my first stamped lower and I wanted a way to differentiate from my non-NFA lowers at a glance. Things have now flip flopped where I only have one non-NFA lower so they will move once I get the trigger.

As for the optic, I tried a T1 and it didn't work with my eyesight. I've since had the eyes cut on but still prefer the larger tube red dots or ACOGs if I want magnification.
View Quote
Try the TA44 as a sub for the T-1.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I blame all of you for this.

<a href="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/yakrat/media/CWAR.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/yakrat/CWAR.jpg</a>

I need to pick up another G trigger to finish this one off and I'm going to swap the MK4 over to a MK8 once they release the 9.5 length.
View Quote

I like
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Trijicon/Bobro compact acog mounts are available on amazon if anyone was looking
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm just curious.  Is there any noticeable effect from hanging a sdn-6 suppressor off the end of a lightweight short barrel
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:40:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm just curious.  Is there any noticeable effect from hanging a sdn-6 suppressor off the end of a lightweight short barrel
View Quote

Or a lightweight 16'' barrel for that matter.

Vertical POI shift? Stringing with less rounds down the tube?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Centurion 16" lightweight has a 1.4 mil vertical drop with a SF 556-212 and PRVI 75gr HPBT at around 1500 ASL and around 70*F, compared to unsuppressed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My Centurion 16" lightweight has a 1.4 mil vertical drop with a SF 556-212 and PRVI 75gr HPBT at around 1500 ASL and around 70*F, compared to unsuppressed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Repeatable? Because if so it's not so bad if you can account for it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I imagine it would move the poi down. It moves the poi on my 18 in about 6 in down at 100 yards. Not much poi change on my 10 in heavy barrel.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
LWRC is having a 20% off sale if anyone needs compact or ultra compact stocks for their CWARs.
View Quote

Excellent. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Does Geissele still make the SMR MK4 non dickmod version?

ETA: I guess it's the revision B model? I didn't even see the MK4 on the Geissele website so I wasn't sure.

Also, I've seen different colors sand and flat dark earth. The sand looks a little gold/ shiny. Anyone have experience w/ the various colors?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

ETA: I guess it's the revision B model? I didn't even see the MK4 on the Geissele website so I wasn't sure.

https://dsgarms.com/gathgm4-13-mk4-sand

Also, I've seen different colors sand and flat dark earth. The sand looks a little gold/ shiny. Anyone have experience w/ the various colors?
View Quote

my sand one is quite dark, noticeably more so than my fde sopmod and magpul grip. I like it though it looks awesome
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

my sand one is quite dark, noticeably more so than my fde sopmod and magpul grip. I like it though it looks awesome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too, but I've seen gold as well.  Both of mine are a little darker than fde, and bad ass.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Mine too, but I've seen gold as well.  Both of mine are a little darker than fde, and bad ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool thanks. So anyone know if they are still being produced? I don't see them on the Geissele website, but found them on a couple vendors websites. Mostly the keymod version though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:46:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Last I'm aware, Mk4 OG is coming back.

At the very least, I know G has promised to make any version they have in the past if you fulfill a minimum order.  I don't know what that order size is, and I'm not a dealer.

They have/had so many variants, they're trimming the regular production down to the best sellers (of which I'm pretty sure Mk4 is one of) with everything else on special order.

No idea on the timetable for them to stock them directly at Geissele..
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

At the very least, I know G has promised to make any version they have in the past if you fulfill a minimum order.  I don't know what that order size is, and I'm not a dealer.
They have/had so many variants, they're trimming the regular production down to the best sellers (of which I'm pretty sure Mk4 is one of) with everything else on special order.

View Quote
Cool thanks. DSG says theyre backorderable so hopefully they'll still be available.

ETA: Are yall using lightweight barrels and are they 16 or 14.5"?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#39]
16 in White Oak.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Sand/DDC is a VERY variable color, due to the unpredictability of anodizing certain colors.  I've got one that's a dark bronzeish color, another that's just a bit lighter than Magpul FDE, and one that's almost gold.

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:24:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cool thanks. DSG says theyre backorderable so hopefully they'll still be available.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a 16" stainless Rainier medium contour on mine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sand/DDC is a VERY variable color, due to the unpredictability of anodizing certain colors.  I've got one that's a dark bronzeish color, another that's just a bit lighter than Magpul FDE, and one that's almost gold.

I may sell off my ris ii and try and find a MK 4. Or, I have a complete lower that needs an uppper. Definitely want a mk4 though.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Well as its looking I'll be running CWE2 with my CWAR upper on my 5.45 lower with the SSA-E in it
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Boo, I vote dissipator.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Boo, I vote dissipator.
View Quote

The dissy did run very well in the monsoon
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#46]
You don't build a CWAR then leave it at home for Cola Warrior.

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You don't build a CWAR then leave it at home for Cola Warrior.

View Quote
Haha, I thought about shooting a trashcan rifle at CWE...and I just built a CWAR a few months back.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 82
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top