Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 11:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you want a kill dozer? Cause that’s how you get a kill dozer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The dream was an elevated rail system to bypass what has been some of the country’s worst traffic, whisking commuters from the farmland and swelling suburbs of West Oahu into the heart of Honolulu. The 20-mile route parallels one of the world’s most glorious tropical shorelines.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck.  Doesn't matter whether the state is D or R.  I've been through eminent domain in a conservative state and start to finish was 7 years.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Liberals want EVERYTHING for free.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I think I should invest in Caterpillar stock.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Communists care neither about laws nor morality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can they not pay?
This.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Soup cans everywhere shudder in fear.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:19:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Komatsu.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love how the government acts with such righteous indignation when you owe them money... but they sure fucking take their damned time when they owe you money. Especially worse, is when they owe you money, because they STEAL YOUR FUCKING LAND ON THEIR TERMS, AND THEN STILL FAIL TO PAY YOU WHAT THEY PROMISED YOU!

Fuck the government. Next time, I think these Farmers should just say "No!" plant their feet on the ground and dare the Government to move them. Our founding fathers would be so ashamed of us.

But honestly, what else do you expect from that Banana Republic we call California.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-bullet-train-cash-20190610-story.html
View Quote
Do what others have done.  File a lien on their shit and get a sheriff's office to start confiscating computers, desks, etc. from their buildings.  It's a hoot!

Better yet (you'd need about 50 people to do this); put signs up on the property and about a mile or two out in both directions.  Park a giant fucking rock on the tracks in both directions and start disassembling the tracks with heavy machinery.
They defaulted on payment, so the land is yours again.  Start selling the rail line for scrap immediately and dynamite (with the proper explosive permits) the rail beds, get up the lumber for tracks
and sell the scrap.  Destroy the grading with front end loaders.  LOL  Watch the hilarity.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 2:37:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
they were never going to use the money they have to pay for it.
View Quote
fify
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 2:44:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Seems like it would be a no brained in court. You have compensate people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can they not pay?
Especially when you brag out of the other side of your mouth about the $22 billion budget surplus.

(Which I find funny, BTW, because I know certain arfcom heads are close to exploding because they swore the state was close to bankruptcy.)
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 2:49:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Especially when you brag out of the other side of your mouth about the $22 billion budget surplus.

(Which I find funny, BTW, because I know certain arfcom heads are close to exploding because they swore the state was close to bankruptcy.)
View Quote
Cali goes back & forth between "we surplus" to "we poors, need fed $"  all the time depending on what they're trying to prove at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 2:51:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I love how the government acts with such righteous indignation when you owe them money... but they sure fucking take their damned time when they owe you money. Especially worse, is when they owe you money, because they STEAL YOUR FUCKING LAND ON THEIR TERMS, AND THEN STILL FAIL TO PAY YOU WHAT THEY PROMISED YOU!

Fuck the government. Next time, I think these Farmers should just say "No!" plant their feet on the ground and dare the Government to move them. Our founding fathers would be so ashamed of us.

But honestly, what else do you expect from that Banana Republic we call California.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-bullet-train-cash-20190610-story.html
View Quote
First thing the Founders did was send the Army to crush farmers for not paying taxes.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 2:52:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can they not pay?
Belt of shinny 308..
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The farmers need to demand to either get paid now or price of food goes up 25%. That requires farmers to unite, and we know that won't happen. Commies win round 2.
View Quote
California will crack down on the farmers for colluding and price fixing. If California were proper Marxists, they'd nationalize the farms at that point.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:10:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
They'll just eminent domain that too.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:12:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
We had a member that claimed he could kill anything within a 1000 yards but sure backed the quasi eminent domaining of bump stocks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#20]
OP... you show in AZ.  Who cares about what CA does.  Sooner that place falls into the ocean the better.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:19:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They wasted billions of dollars lining the pockets of their cronies........at this point, the rail project really smells like a laundering scheme.
View Quote
Everything remotely associated with Obama Feinswine and every other Democrat was or is a laundering scheme to pay back or line the pockets of their buddies and themselves
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:20:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We had a member that claimed he could kill anything within a 1000 yards but sure backed the quasi eminent domaining of bump stocks.
View Quote
Oh, that guy.

He uses SFP Leupolds, he can't be that good.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:20:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Everything remotely associated with Obama Feinswine and every other Democrat was or is a laundering scheme to pay back or line the pockets of their buddies and themselves
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They wasted billions of dollars lining the pockets of their cronies........at this point, the rail project really smells like a laundering scheme.
Or a channel for foreign intelligence gathering.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:25:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dead politicians don't act like this.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:27:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OP... you show in AZ.  Who cares about what CA does.  Sooner that place falls into the ocean the better.
View Quote
But it's not going to fall into the ocean.  What is going to happen, with every mis-step CA takes,  more people flee.  And when they flee, some of them flee to your state.  And some of those people try and turn your state.  Meanwhile, yeah CA is headed for a crash.  And when they crash, whose tax dollars do you think are going to bail them out?   So if you're ok with that, then yeah, who cares what happens in CA.

Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:29:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What are you going to do about it?   Lawsuits cost money, and when the judge tosses the suit because they're a fucking clown, you're out that money.

This is the same state that started paying bills with IOU's a few years back.   They give no fucks.
View Quote
Yep.   My BIL is a fire fighter.   He got IOU's instead of paychecks..... how do you pay your mortgage or buy groceries with that?
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 3:32:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There is land near Hanford, Washington, and Tremont, Illinois, that the US government took during WWII.  Not all landowners were ever paid.  Hanford was a nuclear site and Tremont was a POW camp and training base.  FDR was not too concerned about property rights or eminent domain, or anything else.  This the situation AOC, Bernie and Elizabeth Warren would like to be in today.
View Quote
Yeah, I read that the residents of Hanford, WA never got fully compensated for their land that was taken.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 5:36:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I bet Feinstein's husband got paid.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 5:55:49 AM EDT
[#30]
what kind of fucked up convoluted bureaucracy is this

The rail authority's unusual relationship with consultants is another issue. The agency appointed attorney Odell as director of real property in September. Odell reports to a consultant, Kristina Assouri of WSP, whose title is chief of real property. Assouri reports up the line to WSP's Roy Hill, who is on suspension pending an ethics review. Hill reports to Chief Operating Officer Joe Hedges, a state employee.

Rail authority Chief Executive Brian Kelly said he had initiated a job-by-job review of such complicated lines of authority and hoped to streamline the organization, putting state employees in charge of key functions.

Neither Odell nor Assouri can sign a check. That function resides with the state controller after a payment goes through a tangled state bureaucracy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Love Terminal Partners v. United States gives one answer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can they not pay?
Love Terminal Partners v. United States gives one answer.
OMG, using the Court of Appeals logic, or lack there of, since my house has zero cash flow ..... can the state take it for free?

Some one should propose a plan to make the homes of all the judges who wrote that decision into parks and parking lots like they tried in NH against Justice Souter, Assuming their homes are in  residential zones and no in-home business programs going on they have zero cash flow, therefore the city or county where they live can take them for free.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:19:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is how you get a fleet of Killdozers all crawling towards Sacramento
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Post more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dead politicians don't act like this.
Post more.
Indeed
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
If the whole system is corrupt from top to bottom...
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#35]
This is a California problem, not a national problem. If California citizens won't act on it, don't care.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Politicians and judges should be forced to go in person to remove people from their land instead of hiding behind police.
View Quote
I like your style.

Do you have a newsletter?
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Who do you think pays the judges?  Who decides which judges get appointed to higher courts?  It's so cute when people say "go to court" when something like this happens, or when we get an anti 2A law.
View Quote
That is a great point. Boom. Headshot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Who do you think pays the judges?  Who decides which judges get appointed to higher courts?  It's so cute when people say "go to court" when something like this happens, or when we get an anti 2A law.
View Quote

Judges don't give a fuck who pays them.  Judges do whatever they want.

For example, if a judge requests $25 million for FY 2020, and the legislature or county commission responds with $20 million, the judge will issue a court order requiring $25 million in funding. If that order is disregarded, the judge initiates contempt proceedings, and starts throwing people in jail until they comply with the court order.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Nailed it.

You want a killdozer? Because this is how you get a killdozer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 8:25:13 AM EDT
[#40]
In a classic example, the US Army Corps of Engineers took an old man's (Felix Uithoven's) farm land and home in northeast Mississippi to build a recreation area along the bank of the Tennessee-Tombigbee canal the Corps was building.  It was 163 acres and a house in his family since the 1840s that was willed to him by his country doctor father.

Felix fought the taking via eminent domain up through the courts and lost.

The Corps bulldozed his house and took his land and gave him money for it.

Fast forward several years, the Corps never got around to building the recreation area and declared the Uithoven property excess and offered it for sale to the highest bidder.

Uithoven argued that, since the Corps never developed the land for the purpose they took it from him, he should get his land back.

He lost that case, too.

Part of the story (before the Corps decided that they didn't need the property):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1986/12/26/a-fight-to-the-end/166093d5-5161-4891-9bba-e69e07340672/?utm_term=.1ca9608f964a

The sale notice (about half way down):

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2011-07-08/html/2011-16916.htm

Like the Lord, the government giveth and the government taketh---but unlike the Lord, not to the same people.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because California is part of the US and Citizen's Constitutional Rights.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This is a California problem, not a national problem. If California citizens won't act on it, don't care.
View Quote
We have the provisions for this boondoggle in our State Constitution. Don't be throwing rocks as glass houses and all that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
CoC prevents me from saying what should be done.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, they set the trend when they stole the land from Mexico.....so there's that!
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#45]
It has always amused me to hear people talk about how the government can't take things from you without due compensation. That's been a lie since government started...

Friends of the family, growing up, had some really nice land for an ammunition terminal during WWII. There was some chicanery about how it was chosen, because there was plenty of other land along the Columbia River that might have been used, and which would have been better choices for siting. However, they were immigrant Finns, weren't connected in with the local power structure, and it was their land that got taken. They weren't paid for it, either--Just shoved off it. Land was used for an ammunition terminal up until the 1960s, when it was "declared surplus" and sold to one of the local port authorities. By that time, the husband was dead, due to the stress of trying to fight all this, and the wife was living in much reduced circumstances. Their land had been a fairly prosperous dairy, and the family home was still standing when they sold the land to the port authority, but they wouldn't even let her have the tiny parcel with the family home on it that her husband had built himself.

Whole thing was a travesty, from start to finish. Lots of that crap went on--And, still does. You don't have property rights in this country, you've got temporary permission to use their land, and if it's convenient to them, they'll take it from you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can they not pay?
^
The .gov can (and does) do whatever the fuck they want. Not a motherfucking thing you or I can do about it either.

I need a .gif from rounders movie. When Teddy KGB says "I'll do what ever the fuckkkk I please".gif
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can they not pay?
Tell that to the bump stocks owners
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Same thin happened in Seattle with a monorail.
Over $100,000,000 was collected, then the project was cancelled.
Most of the funds came from a $5 fee on car tabs, so all state residents all paid for Seattle.
Money's gone..........
Don't know what's going on with the property that was purchase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Monorail_Project
View Quote
did you say monorail??
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 12:19:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How can they not pay?
View Quote
Who is going to make them?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top