BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I lost a $150 drone once when I flew it up and out of range and it just continued flying off over a forest near the Mississippi river.  It happens with cheap drones and that my be where yours came from.
My Holystone drone returns to home, a good feature to have.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Smash it up and throw it out.
View Quote

I am OK with this.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You're really gonna flip your shit when you find out those cars driving by have people in them with eyeballs and cameras.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
What type of drone?
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Safe thread.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#7]
So did we ever find out if this is a $50 dollar toy or a $1500 drone?
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So did we ever find out if this is a $50 dollar toy or a $1500 drone?
View Quote

No. OP posted then bailed.  Probably bed time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Next thing you know there will be a guy with a white shirt and skinny tie flying a black helicopter over the house.

Give it back OP. Try to find the owner and go from there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're really gonna flip your shit when you find out those cars driving by have people in them with eyeballs and cameras.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/bubbles_zps5bf5952f_GIF-110.gif/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/raw-355.gif/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Wat_JPG-318.jpg

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 11:59:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When I was a cop I had a call where some kids had kicked their large (basketball sized) soft red rubber, air filled kick ball into some grumpy old guys lawn. He was holding it and refused to return it to the kids or their parents. He wanted me to “book it into evidence and arrest the 10 year old kid for trespassing”.
View Quote

Was the grumpy old man OP
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#12]
The FAA will do a crash investigation.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:12:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Dismember it for science.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#14]
@nigla

any updates?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 12:27:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Grumpy old guy here (fucking arthritis sucks ).

Read my reply above.  I don't see the issue.  Heck if I saw one outside my window hovering I'd probably moon it.  Fucking kid would need eye bleach.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lot of grumpy old guys in here, check memory card, or post a flyer.  Some poor kid probably lost his expensive toy, be a good person and return it.

Grumpy old guy here (fucking arthritis sucks ).

Read my reply above.  I don't see the issue.  Heck if I saw one outside my window hovering I'd probably moon it.  Fucking kid would need eye bleach.  

There's a difference between a grumpy old guy and an asshole.

When I was a little kid, I had an old man across the street and another one catty-corner from me. The grumpy old man would grumble about breaking a switch off the tree and swatting me as he returned my ball/frisbee/whatever for the hundredth time, even if he had to go on his roof to get it for me. The asshole must've had 30 balls in his house because he'd keep any ball that went into his yard and flip his lid or call the cops if we walked in his yard to retrieve it.

Oh, and my dad was a city cop at the time. It was always fun when ol' Ray called the cops on us.

ETA- wow, that was kind of a ramble. Sorry, I'm feeling nostalgic tonight.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 1:32:51 AM EDT
[#16]
at the idiots triggered by some kids drone. You have to be delusional to think that anyone is interested enough
in you to spy on your retarded asses with a drone.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 2:17:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  I have nothing to spy on and live a boring life. Hate drones and see them as an intrusion.  
View Quote

Me, too, 100%.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 2:22:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Drone thread !

Always entertaining
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 2:32:30 AM EDT
[#19]
If it is over 250grams, it is required to have a registration number on it.

If you want to be a dick, just call the FAA.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/register_drone/

...don't be a dick
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:07:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Take a cheesy black and white pic of it. Make up a bunch of copies and post it in your neighborhood.  "Found. Lost drone. Answers to the name "FUArock"
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 3:14:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Not even 7 posts in and I can already see a lot of guys acting like little girls.  It’s an evil drone!  Smash it!

I swear, the hatred of quadcopters here is amazing.

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Interesting to see so many insecure little Karens here wetting themselves over what are ostensibly toys

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not even 7 posts in and I can already see a lot of guys acting like little girls.  It’s an evil drone!  Smash it!

I swear, the hatred of quadcopters here is amazing.
View Quote

Yup
Most don't know why they hate them
They just go along with the crowd because they think it makes them look cool
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

When I was a cop I had a call where some kids had kicked their large (basketball sized) soft red rubber, air filled kick ball into some grumpy old guys lawn. He was holding it and refused to return it to the kids or their parents. He wanted me to “book it into evidence and arrest the 10 year old kid for trespassing”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one is spying on you. It's a toy. When a kids ball lands in your yard do you see that as an intrusion? Your post comes off as a grumpy old guy post. I'll wager you are over 50 probably over  60.
Yeah I'd try to return it.

How do you even reply to that?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:32:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
at the idiots triggered by some kids drone. You have to be delusional to think that anyone is interested enough
in you to spy on your retarded asses with a drone.
View Quote

After two years I had my first negative encounter with one of my quads not long ago
Some Karen walking by with another Karen said "Did your drone see me flip you off [sarcastic laugh]"
I responded with "Trust me, you're not interesting enough to watch"
The look on her fat face was priceless

Otherwise people could care less or they come up interested and asking questions...
How much does it cost? How long can it stay up? How fast? How far? How high?

An elderly neighbor of mine bought his very first this summer. He's not very mobile so he sits out on his deck with the video mirrored to his big TV and zips around the foothills behind our houses around sunset having a blast.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:37:30 AM EDT
[#26]
@nigla

I'd try to pull the memory card and find out who the owner is.

This could all be nothing more than the modern day version of a kid hitting his baseball into your yard.

You could trash it.  Or you could return it to the owner and have a new friend who has a drone.

"A friend with a drone is worth two in the bush"  - Confucius, probably.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'll go ahead and post the picture for you.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/136/reaper-2119761.jpg
View Quote

It looks like the missile pods are empty. The drone must have completed its mission before landing in your yard. Are there any smoke columns around your neighborhood?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Remove the battery at least.  
Store it outside just for safe keeping.  But keep it dry.   Not likely to burst if you’re not charging it, but if you’re not familiar with them why take any chances

I don’t know if the transmitters and receivers are permanently bound on DJI stuff, or you can buy a Tx alone and just bind to the drone Rx.   If that’s OK for DJI you’ve got yourself a new (used) drone.   Get a charger, some extra props and a spare battery or two and enjoy.  
If it’s some other off brand and not something that looks like it was put together by a serious hobbyist, you might have a harder time finding the replacements.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Probably a cheapie like one of these.

Not much for range and flight time is limited to about 10 minutes, any kind of wind will sweep it away.
They are easily lost. (but fun to play around with)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#30]
And poof!  

Just like that, OP disappears...
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And poof!  

Just like that, OP disappears...
View Quote
Covid drone got him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Hold it for ransom.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#33]
If the wind caught it then it could be tossed all around prior to landing there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Hulk Smash!! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one is spying on you. It's a toy. When a kids ball lands in your yard do you see that as an intrusion? Your post comes off as a grumpy old guy post. I'll wager you are over 50 probably over  60.
Yeah I'd try to return it.

To locate him I told him I would have a stern talking to with the child’s parents (it wasn’t stern). But that Kentucky Revised Statues did not allow me to charge a minor with trespassing that did not occur in my presences. Furthermore his property line/curtails he was not marked or fenced. However he was welcome to go to the courthouse to swear out a complaint.  

I then told the parents to stay away from that nut.

These sorts of neighborly disputes are never actually solved. You just keep them away from each other as much as you can .
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What is it about drones that makes boomers so angry?
View Quote

Maybe our privacy, our freedom, our liberty. Guess you don't care about those things.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#37]
The Trojan Horse Drone…rarely seen…sorry OP
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's a fucking RC quadcopter.

Don't use the term drone like it's Biden about to hellfire missile you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Not yours. Return to sender
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Is OP a grumpy old man who doesn't know what a SD card is?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Safe thread. Ban OP
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#42]
DAY 2
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#43]

If I found that parked in my front yard I would be pissed.

Also, WTF OP. At least post a picture of it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Pee on it and leave it on the curb...
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Laughing at the efforts GD wants somebody to go thru to return some kid's toy.

Hanging posters around the neighborhood?

If no one knocks on the door in a day or two it goes into the trash.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Interesting to see so many insecure little Karens here wetting themselves over what are ostensibly toys

View Quote

Wait until we find out the guy who owns it is fully vaxxed and drives a Tesla.

GD hates technology. And they're not so sure about gravity either. It's not in the Bible.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

What was his screen name?
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Maybe our privacy, our freedom, our liberty. Guess you don't care about those things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sure thing, pops. That plastic toy is just a 'waitin to strip you of your God-given rights.

And it's buzzing so much you can barely hear the Victrola to do the jitterbug.

Jesus Christ, where do they find you people?

Q: Why do old men yell so much?

A: It's all they have left.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#50]
When my son got his first drone, I told him you should write your name and number on it...he didn't.
Controller lost signal and away it went on first flight.

We got lucky and found it two blocks away in the middle of the street.

Point being....could just be one of those things that happens....the BATFE isn't on an intel mission. (Or maybe they are?)
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top