Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/28/2023 11:35:31 AM EDT
This was my wifes fathers cobbler foot, it has removable and has different size feet.

It was sitting in the basement for 50+ years and yes old farmers etc used to repair their own shoes as well as neighbors, her father died in 2017, born 1927 our greatest generation.

I cleaned the dirt off, left original paint? and just covered it and the accesories with renainausnce wax. I cut and formed a pc of 5/4 sawcut wood for a display bench. Sorry for crappy picture I had to zoom in with potatoe so as to not let him know I was watching it.

He doesn't growl or bark at it, he just daily sits in front of it for an hour or two (it doesn't matter where we place it in the house)

SO is he watching an old timer work?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#1]
No!
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I always get an uneasy feeling when I'm playing with my dogs in my house and they both look over my shoulder at something. I still haven't figured it out. I used to think it was a fly, but it happens during winter too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#3]
only the ones that can see the easter bunny.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Our dogs stare at the stairs and one corner of the living room . Weird  but I doubt it's ghosts
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm not going to rule it out.

There is still so much we don't understand.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm extraordinarily lucky that I can see ghosts, EVEN in photographs.

You probably can't see it, but there's a ghost between the three pumpkins.

Absolutely horrifying.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#9]
My squatch goes on and on about Elvis running around playing grab ass with Bea Arthur.  So yeah.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Dogs (and some cats) can see Santa, Satan, and Church Lady.

I don't think pet goldfish, parrots, or gerbils can see any of those though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
My ex had a cat that would occasionally "watch" something move across the living room. The hair on the back of her neck would stand up every time and she would sometimes let out an uneasy purr, it was very odd.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/2-dog-wearing-a-ghost-costume-sitting-be-2728513.jpg

Absolutely horrifying.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
No one can

They aren't real
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I dont know the answer but we used to have a dog that would alert, growl and even go after something that we could not see.

There were times he acted like he had someone cornered or pinned against the wall, hair standing up on his back, snarling and growling.  It would freak us out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Animals can see or sense things we cannot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Purely Pavlovian.

Dogs just have an automatic reaction to certain words or objects.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#17]
A lot of times we mistake dogs and cats listening  intensly for something, as watching for something.

We had hounds growing up and they would have this blank stare into nothing, and it would freak out my sister and I. But you could see the hairs in their ears moving, and my Father would point out that they were listening, not looking.

Reality must be different when your senses are as refined as theirs.

But I'm not ruling anything out. There's a lot we don't understand yet
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Years ago we had three cats, and they would often stop and stare and meow at the same spot on a wall.

Went on for a couple years, then the ex became the ex and left with the cats.

About 10 years later I was doing some repairs and discovered a termite infestation at that exact spot.

Animals have more acute senses than we do in some ways, so they're aware of things we don't even perceive,
no supernatural explanation is needed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#19]
It's long been held across many cultures that animals, especially cats, can "see" ethereal "things" (for lack of a better word).  Shadow people was one commonly used term.  Whether they can or not can be debated, but they do exhibit some behavior that can be hard or impossible to explain.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I just asked my dog.

He said No.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#21]
For me it would be angels or demons but I don't rule it out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#22]
offs
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:Can-animals-see-spirits-or-ghosts
View Quote

In movies, tv, cartoons...
Topper Meets the Ghosts (1953)
Topper S01E01 Topper Meets the Ghosts
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/2-dog-wearing-a-ghost-costume-sitting-be-2728513.jpg

Absolutely horrifying.
View Quote

EOTWAWKI.  Run for the hills.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Absolutely horrifying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Absolutely horrifying.

I love the ghost in the pumkin "patch"

Quoted:
For me it would be angels or demons but I don't rule it out.

I can agree with this assessment, I believe in those terms more so than ghosts and spirits

Quoted:
offs

Debbie downer

This is better than an EV, Ukraine, FJB and the camel toe , russian space balloons thread  
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

In movies, tv, cartoons...
Topper Meets the Ghosts (1953)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhW0Lk6GT9A
View Quote

Cat''s Eye (1985) ORIGINAL TRAILER [HD 1080p]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Cats can see Class 1 through Class 7 entities.

Dogs can only see Class 3 and higher.

Thought everyone knew that.

Class 1
Class 1 entities are lower-powered manifestations that lack enough psychokinetic mass to affect the physical environment. As a result, they tend to fade in and out of the physical plane. They are characterized as not being fully developed and as echoes of feeling. These entities are only capable of localized cold spots, unexplained lights and/or sounds, and occasionally, telekinetic contact.

Class 2
Class 2 entities have a slightly stronger grip on the physical plane than a Class 1 but also does not fully manifest. They do have the ability to possess inanimate objects for a longer span of continuous time.

Class 3
Class 3 entities are humanoid and exhibit general behavior. The types of manifestations vary from a corporeal form virtually indistinguishable from a living person to a mockery of humanity, with distended features and exaggerated behaviors. The constant factor of a Class 3 is their identity is unknown, potentially to themselves as well. [5] Identifying an entity has varied results. A Class 3 who knows its identity will either pass on to the next plane of existence or more fully resist the urge.

Class 4
Class 4 entities are like Class 3's in that they have a human form. However, a Class 4 knows its identity and possesses memories or replicas of memories from their past life. Dealing with a Class 4 can require research into the life of that person in order to solve the case at hand; typically that of their wants desires, addictions, and habits. A Class 4 is capable of immense power if there is a source to draw from, such as the collection of Psychomagnotheric Slime known as the River of Slime or the raw ambient energy of Gozer as it built up towards its next manifestation. In these cases, the Class 4 can exhibit power that is typical of a Class 6 or Class 7.

Class 5
Class 5 entities are fully formed manifestations most often the by-product of highly charged emotions and ambient psychokinetic energy. They can have human characteristics like limbs and a discernible face but otherwise has a non-human form and lacks personality and/or intelligence.

Class 6
A Class 6 entity manifest in forms and behaviors that are exclusively animal in nature. While they match the appetites and instincts of their living counterpart, a Class 6 can manifest in varying sizes.

Class 7
A Class 7 entity is the most powerful class and includes godlike beings, demons, and other powerful manifestations. They are capable of communication with humans and are not totally alien in their thought processes, desires, emotional needs, and their origins. Class 7 entities are to be avoided and usually luck is the only way to survive an encounter.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#28]
difficult to say.
Animals definitely sense some things we can not.
I imagine this dog is seeing old leather shoes on there which it may be able to chew on.

Cats on the other hand are basically portals to hell and spawns of satan.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a cat that would just sit in the hallway and stare into the bathroom for long periods of time on multiple occasions.  Not, lay, not crouch, not stand, but just sit and stare.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#30]
There’s a thread where a member goes into great detail about his wife seeing this.  He stated souls get stuck in between life and the afterlife.  It’s a pretty good read whether you believe it or not.  I had it saved and now can’t find it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#31]
My dog keeps sneaking my Ouija board out of the closet, so.......... No, they have to use a Parker Bros. toy to communicate with the dead like the rest of us.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#32]
We've had things moved in our basement with no explanation. My dog hates going down there. Who knows?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe. I catch the cats staring at empty air, could be a small bug or dust particle or something else. Dog barks randomly at the door and runs too it with no one there or any audible noise. Could just be a squirrel farting 2 counties over.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can animals see spirits or ghosts?

View Quote
1st Question, Are there actually Spirits or Ghosts.

If so, I'd guess they can see or sense them if things are right.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I posted these pictures in a previous ghost thread. But I think I failed to give enough context.

We believe we have a ghost cat in our house. We currently have 3 cats, but even before we got any pets, for the first 10 years in our house we would both see things slinking around in the corners of our eyes. Sometimes at the same time from different angles. There would be noises like a thud or a door creaking. We put it down to the house settling or the furnace coming on and blowing a door a little. We joked that we had a ghost cat.

After we got our cats, we started to notice that the thuds sounded an awful lot like a cat jumping down from something or a cat pushing through a mostly closed door (now that we had something to compare to). We'd hear them when we had both cats accounted for, like a thud from our bedroom, but both cats in our laps in the family room.

The cats would sometimes seem to be interacting with a cat we couldn't see. Like they'd stick their noses out in greeting to sniff another cat, then twirl around an invisble cat, like they do when they rub bodies with each other.

That activity has died down some, but just yesterday, our two girls, about an hour apart, ran to our family room with their tails up like they wanted to play and then got disappointed when there was no one there to play with.

Anyway, here are the pictures I took of Spaz playing with the Fling-A-Ma-Thing. I was snapping shots rapidly on my phone, no flash, trying to catch her playing. After reviewing I noticed the blur, which is vaguely cat shaped and as if it is looking at the same thing as Spaz.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

In case you aren't seeing it.
Attachment Attached File

I've also had some experience with poltergeist and apparitions when I was stationed in Germany. So, call them ghosts, spirits, angels, demons, whatever. There are things out there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Pretty arrogant to claim "there's no such thing as XYZ" just because we haven't been able to detect it yet, with what we have.

We don't know what can exist interdimensionally.

Hell, relative to human existence (which isn't that long to start with) it has been a blink of an eye since we though the universe revolved around the flat earth and we needed to get the bad blood out of sick people.

Many storys of cats predicting the next death at nursing homes. Dogs are  used to detect onset of epileptic fits or blood sugar issues.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#37]
There is only one ghost. The Holy Ghost.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm a skeptical person by nature.  My logical brain deals with empirical data only.  If I can't measure it, or repeat a measurement of something, I kind of write it off and chalk it up to a random occurrence.
That being said, I witnessed something one time with two dog observers that I can't explain.

I lived in a trailer, way out in the woods with a roommate that was a childhood friend.   We were both recently out of the Marine Corps.  There was a lot of strange women in and out of that trailer.  We each had a dog.  Me, a weimaraner.  My buddy had a blue heeler.  These dogs would be minding their own business, and then both perk up and watch the same thing, as if somebody were walking by, although nobody was there.    This happened daily.  

The trailer had random cold spots, not associated with vents of intakes, and not in the same locations.

Then I got a steady girlfriend.  I left her there alone with the dogs one time to go to the store to get some stuff to make chocolate chip cookies.  When I got back, she was terrified.  The dogs were acting freaked out too.  On  another occasion she swore she saw a woman standing in my bathroom.

Now for the unexplained incident.  I was standing in the threshold of the living room, talking to my buddy who was sitting on a couch opposite me across the room.  My dog was sitting on a small couch to my right.  My buddy's dog was sitting across from my dog, sitting in a chair.  All of a sudden, the dogs perked up and began looking at the wall but behind my buddy.  This was a common event.  I glanced over and saw a human - size shape, but light gray, fuzzy and semi opaque.  It came out of the wall moved at a walking pace, directly behind my buddy.  I glanced at the dogs to see if they were tracking this object.   They were.  I looked back back up, and this object exited through the front door.  As it exited through the door, my buddy looked quizzically at me and asked if I saw the front door knob wiggle?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I keep asking them and they keep giving me the weirdest looks.  I guess we will never know
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Since I've had dogs again, the sleep paralysis hasn't recurred.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Only focused non-terminal repeating phantasms, or Class 5 Full Roaming Vapors.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a deaf cat that constantly runs around chasing non-existent objects.  ??????????????????
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#43]
We had two dogs, both gone now but they would stare up in the same corner of the living room, would just stare for a long time.  

Our two recently adopted girls have not done that yet, but I am waiting for them to start.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No one can

They aren't real
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Have you asked any animals?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't believe in any of that stuff BUT, some people who DO also say that you can put your head on top of your pet's and the ability to see spirits/ghosts extends to you as well.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#47]
My cat often chases some invisible thing wildly through the house around 2:00 AM.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#48]
General Discussion on ARFCOM said there is no God.

So there clearly is none. No God. No spiritual or demonic entities at all. Its not possible. Because MAN is capable of knowing all there is to be known. That is the gift God gave to MAN.

Oh,... wait....
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Debbie downer

This is better than an EV, Ukraine, FJB and the camel toe , russian space balloons thread  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
offs

Debbie downer

LOL very true...carry on.

And, I see the great ghost of the pumpkin patch!  I believe!  I BELIEVE!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My cat often chases some invisible thing wildly through the house around 2:00 AM.
View Quote
Same here and also 2am...We may have the same entities or least in the same union.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top