BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
is this the new Ouija board thread
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, if they can, my mastiff either DGAF or I live in the least haunted house in the world, because all bro does is sleep
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#3]
All house pets and some people have the power to see things that do not exist. Science.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 6:12)
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is only one ghost. The Holy Ghost.
View Quote

How do you figure? When we die our spirit will either join the LORD in his kingdom or be forever separated from his grace. We have spirits and when we die they are released. Who's to say some don't get lost on their journey or that forever roaming the earth with no way to intereact with it is the penalty for a sinful life? A belief in GOD is a belief in spirits because the bible tells us we have them and they travel through the aether upon the death of our physical body.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Regarding Fala, the black Scottie that was FDRs dog (excerpted from Wikipedia)

"President Roosevelt died at Warm Springs, Georgia, on April 12, 1945. In the minutes after his death, Fala behaved very strangely. FDR biographer Jim Bishop wrote about the death scene: "... a snapping, snarling series of barks was heard. No one had paid any attention to Fala. He had been dozing in a corner of the room. For a reason beyond understanding, he ran directly for the front screen door and knocked his head against it. The screen broke and he crawled through and ran snapping and barking up into the hills. There, Secret Service men could see him, standing alone, unmoving, on an eminence. This led to the quiet question: 'Do dogs really know?' "

Not an FDR fan, don't own a pet, and a lot of other disclaimers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There is only one ghost. The Holy Ghost.
View Quote

Not sure if you're being Sarcastic but the Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit are the same thing. There is no theological or linguistic reason the original Greek has been translated as both spirit and ghost. It's the same word and there are many, many "spirits" besides the Holy Spirit.

Dogs can sense many things humans can not. We have no idea what all they can "see". People used to scoff at dogs detecting cancer, the onset of seizure activity, etc.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]
When I catch my cat staring at something it usually turns out to be a spider or a fly. I don't think ghosts are real, though of course I can't say that with 100% certainty. I have known people who are intelligent and apparently honest who claim to have seen or experience things unexplainable. For me that is still far from proof.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#9]
When my dad died I took care of his dog.  Mom died a little while later.  That dog use to sit in the kitchen and beg for food from my mom while she was sitting at the kitchen table.  Anyway for years later the dog would still go to the kitchen and sit in the same place staring at the empty chair.  Probably just Pavlovian habit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#10]
If sprirts and ghosts were real we would all, EVERYONE, be able to see them...
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If sprirts and ghosts were real we would all, EVERYONE, be able to see them...
View Quote

Maybe it's like color blindness?

If red and green were real, everyone would be able to see them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If sprirts and ghosts were real we would all, EVERYONE, be able to see them...[/quote

Some people are more open/sensitive to unexplained things.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe they can. I’ve had haunting instances in my current home, and the one that I bought before this one and part of that was my best friends dog would randomly just go apeshit, staring up in the corner of a room that literally had nothing in it, and this was a white lab that was otherwise chill as fuck, but he would occasionally just lose his fucking mind going off on something up in that corner. With the other stuff that I had happen in that house, it didn’t surprise me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]

This dog does.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't know but have you seen how cats freak out over cucumbers?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#16]
My father died, slowly, of cancer. My younger brother had moved back in with them about a week before he passed along with our dead brother's dog. Our parents also had two labs. When Dad died Mom and brother had to lock up all 3 dogs, they would not let anyone else in Dad's room. They knew he was dead and were guarding him.
That evening I felt an irregular need to go for a walk; I told my gf I was heading out and left my phone at home. I grabbed a 6 pack during my stroll, when I got back my gf was gone and her mother (lived above us) was in our unit and acting strange. I shrugged, sat on the front porch and cracked a beer. GF came jogging back, came up to me, hugged me and told me about my dad.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes I do believe they can. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
is this the new Ouija board thread
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#21]
He's judging your taste in decorating.

"Why the fuck would he put that there?....and what the hell is it"
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There’s a thread where a member goes into great detail about his wife seeing this.  He stated souls get stuck in between life and the afterlife.  It’s a pretty good read whether you believe it or not.  I had it saved and now can’t find it.
View Quote

@07AMF

If you're talking about the "Wife Sees Dead People" thread, it looks like it hit the archives
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@07AMF

If you're talking about the "Wife Sees Dead People" thread, it looks like it hit the archives
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There’s a thread where a member goes into great detail about his wife seeing this.  He stated souls get stuck in between life and the afterlife.  It’s a pretty good read whether you believe it or not.  I had it saved and now can’t find it.

@07AMF

That’s it. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife has a friend whos mom was renting an old farmhouse in northern Michigan.

The mom had a cat that was mostly blind that would randomly start racing through the house. In and out of rooms. Up and down stairs... that sort of thing.

One day the daughter, my wife's friend, was over and decided to take a video of the cat thinking it was cute/funny.

Playing back the video you could see a light orb moving through the house with the cat right behind it. Not just a little blip, but going in and out of rooms, down the hall, up the stairs and down the stairs. The orb was only visible on the phone screen. Nobody saw anything with the naked eye.

The weirdest part for me, was when this ball of light went up and down the stairs it wasn't in a smooth line from point a to b, it was like it was walking up the stairs. Up a riser, over a tread, up a riser, over the tread....

Strange video for sure. Not saying that I believe that was ghost getting chased by the cat, but it definitely makes you think...

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#25]
We moved into this house about 5 years ago. The house is fairly old for this area, more than 90 years old. Since we moved here, every year on Halloween night, around midnight or 1:00 AM, all our dogs shoot up out of bed at the same time and start barking at one corner of the bedroom. They will do that for a bit and then lay back down and go to sleep like nothing happened. They do this exactly one time a year, on Halloween night.

It's to the point that on Halloween my wife and I joke about how the dogs are going to wake us up later to bark at a ghost.  

I honestly have no explanation for what they are doing, or why it only happens on Halloween.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Dogs?  No, I doubt it.

Cats though?  They are evil vindictive bastards and I have no doubt that they can see other evil vindictive bastard spirits.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can animals see spirits or ghosts?
View Quote

Some.

Some animals can see some "supernatural" phenomenon.
Some animals can see the UV spectrum, but humans can't.
Some animals can smell, hear, taste, feel all kinds of stuff humans can't.
Some can fly. Some can breath underwater...

Quoted:
This was my wifes fathers cobbler foot, it has removable and has different size feet.

It was sitting in the basement for 50+ years and yes old farmers etc used to repair their own shoes as well as neighbors, her father died in 2017, born 1927 our greatest generation.

I cleaned the dirt off, left original paint? and just covered it and the accesories with renainausnce wax. I cut and formed a pc of 5/4 sawcut wood for a display bench. Sorry for crappy picture I had to zoom in with potatoe so as to not let him know I was watching it.

He doesn't growl or bark at it, he just daily sits in front of it for an hour or two (it doesn't matter where we place it in the house)

SO is he watching an old timer work?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388306/dude_with_foot_png-2728502.JPG
View Quote

Maybe, maybe not.

Does the old farmer's spirit/ghost/soul/etc only appear near that object?
Has something from the old farmer "imprinted" on that object that stands out to the dog? If so what and why does it elicit this reaction?
Or is it just a dog having a weird fixation that has nothing to do with the old farmer?

If dogs could talk...

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We moved into this house about 5 years ago. The house is fairly old for this area, more than 90 years old. Since we moved here, every year on Halloween night, around midnight or 1:00 AM, all our dogs shoot up out of bed at the same time and start barking at one corner of the bedroom. They will do that for a bit and then lay back down and go to sleep like nothing happened. They do this exactly one time a year, on Halloween night.

It's to the point that on Halloween my wife and I joke about how the dogs are going to wake us up later to bark at a ghost.  

I honestly have no explanation for what they are doing, or why it only happens on Halloween.
View Quote

I was told that disembodied souls take the shape of orbs.  The meat sack we call bodies are no longer needed so the soul isn't compelled to take a human shape.  The shape of an orb is the easist to assume.  It takes more energy to form into a human shape, manifest or generate the power to move things/knock things off shelves.   But what do I know?  I'm no expert and that's just what was told to me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Animals just doing weird shit and being neurotic?  

No that can’t be it.  Must be ghosts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#30]
No, but they can hear shit running around in the walls.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Why don't you ask him?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#32]
No.  They can't see things that don't exist anymore than we can.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:27:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#34]
No.  Your dog is not psychic or whatever.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#35]
They do but they're not very good at identification. To them, everything's a Class 4 Full Roaming Vapor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I used to work in a welding shop in the basement of an old factory building.  We had a huge guard dog, Bosco.  At night sometimes he’d chase and then corner something in that basement and bare teeth growl at it with his hackles up.  You’d go over there and there wasn’t ever anyone in there.  We’d have to calm him down.  Tools would disappear while you were using them and then show up again in the exact spot they’d disappeared from too. I’d be working alone in the building and flip up my welding mask and my brush or chipping hammer would be gone only to reappear 5 minutes later right where they were before.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#37]
One of my dogs often stares at the ceiling. I can't tell if she sees something, or is simply retarded. Based on other things she does, I'm going with retarded.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Hang on a minute and I'll ask Fido...
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I posted these pictures in a previous ghost thread. But I think I failed to give enough context.

We believe we have a ghost cat in our house. We currently have 3 cats, but even before we got any pets, for the first 10 years in our house we would both see things slinking around in the corners of our eyes. Sometimes at the same time from different angles. There would be noises like a thud or a door creaking. We put it down to the house settling or the furnace coming on and blowing a door a little. We joked that we had a ghost cat.

After we got our cats, we started to notice that the thuds sounded an awful lot like a cat jumping down from something or a cat pushing through a mostly closed door (now that we had something to compare to). We'd hear them when we had both cats accounted for, like a thud from our bedroom, but both cats in our laps in the family room.

The cats would sometimes seem to be interacting with a cat we couldn't see. Like they'd stick their noses out in greeting to sniff another cat, then twirl around an invisble cat, like they do when they rub bodies with each other.

That activity has died down some, but just yesterday, our two girls, about an hour apart, ran to our family room with their tails up like they wanted to play and then got disappointed when there was no one there to play with.

Anyway, here are the pictures I took of Spaz playing with the Fling-A-Ma-Thing. I was snapping shots rapidly on my phone, no flash, trying to catch her playing. After reviewing I noticed the blur, which is vaguely cat shaped and as if it is looking at the same thing as Spaz.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74363/IMG_20171202_111647364_jpg-2728573.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74363/IMG_20171202_111641027_jpg-2728574.JPG
In case you aren't seeing it.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74363/IMG_20171202_111641027-a_jpg-2728575.JPG

I've also had some experience with poltergeist and apparitions when I was stationed in Germany. So, call them ghosts, spirits, angels, demons, whatever. There are things out there.
View Quote

Never get high on your own supply, dude there's no blur or anything else in that picture.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Cat will suddenly look over at nothing in a corner of the room.
Not sure if it's something paranormal or the cat is just retarded.
Toss up for sure.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm extraordinarily lucky that I can see ghosts, EVEN in photographs.

You probably can't see it, but there's a ghost between the three pumpkins.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/2-dog-wearing-a-ghost-costume-sitting-be-2728513.jpg

Absolutely horrifying.
View Quote

Your dog immediately made me think of "Captain Chaos" the The Cannonball Run.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Our dog was 8 when my wife died. It was cancer and we kept her home with Hospice. Our dog slept between her legs (paralyzed from the tumors in the spine) every night, and would wake me if something was wrong or if the wife was stirring. 5 minutes before my wife died, the dog jumped down, crawled under the hospital type bed, and whined until it was over. Didn't come out at all until the funeral home showed up. As soon as she jumped down, I KNEW and I had time to wake up our barely adult sons sleeping in their old rooms so we could all be with her and hold her hand and such at the end.

After the death, our dog, who had never done this in 8 years, used to randomly drop to the floor and sit and wag her tail and even her whole ass, staring at walls, doorways, etc. The same way she greeted the wife when she'd come home from work. She'd literally stop what she was doing like eating or walking from room to room and do that for 15 seconds or so. Then she'd go back to normal life. That went on for about 2 years until we moved.

I'm not convinced it was my wife's ghost, not sure I believe in that, but it was something. A sudden smell that made our dog think of my wife? A memory? I dunno. It really seemed creepy the first few times, but I grew pretty comfortable and even comforted by it after a short time.

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Only when they get into my stash of shrooms...

Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck, I’m gonna have to teach my dog to jack off now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uh...

Does your dog not have access to a pillow... or particularly thick blanket?
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:48:30 PM EDT
[#47]
No because they don’t exist.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

If jacking off intimidates ghosts, imagine being able to lick your own balls in front of one
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#50]
No.  Neither can people.  Because ghosts have not been demonstrated to be real.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top