Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The dog saw dead pepo in homers odessey.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 2:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Funny you should ask.   I asked our chickens this very question earlier today.   They all nodded vigorously and assured me that they can see both ghosts and spirits.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 3:20:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Animals can see or sense things we cannot.
View Quote

I believe that as well.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 3:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 3:38:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I would have to say yes . I dont know if they can see them but they can sense something being there that we can't
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 3:47:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We've had things moved in our basement with no explanation. My dog hates going down there. Who knows?
View Quote

Big time username checks out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:11:17 AM EDT
[#7]
My other half is convinced they see ghosts.

I know they are hearing a leaf drop 200 yards away.   We can be driving in the car they can’t see or hear pedestrians in front but they both know when there is a guy walking with a dog  up the street,

Is a ghost telling them?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 4:13:01 AM EDT
[#8]
If they can predict earthquakes, why not see spirits?
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They dont predict anything, they simply sense/feel//hear/smell it long before we do.
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No one can

They aren't real
View Quote

I am usually OK  if someone wants to think this way.  However....

It has been proven scientifically that animals have far more acute senses than Human.
Human has FIVE senses which can easily be manipulated, and the mind can be controlled.
Human behaves like Prey- just following and fighting each others.... ,  worst is giving up free-will to whoever that promised comfort .....

I often asked, is Human being played.... ?

Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't believe in haints my own self, but...

I do come from deep in the Appalachians where they have all kinds of superstitions about ghosts that I've heard all my life.  Such as:

Ghosts can't cross running water.
If you meet a man at night and he has a sprig of evergreen anywhere on him, he's a ghost.
Ghosts can't speak first, you have to speak to them first to get them to talk.
Ghosts are afraid of pocket knives.

I give these as examples to say one of the old folk's beliefs is that animals CAN see spirits, spooks and haints (specifically cats, dogs, horses and most working animals such as mules and Jacks/Jennys).  One old belief in particular is that if you think your dog/animal is looking at a ghost, look between his ears and over his nose, you can see them too.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2023 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m pretty sure cats can see microscopic things. Or close to microscopic.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Our cats don't seem to do stare at things that aren't there.  My mom's dog does a lot after my dad died 2 years ago.

When I was a teen at home, our cat would sleep at the foot of my bed.  For about two months after he died, I would wake up feeling my bed shake like something jumped onto it, and in the morning there would be a round indentation in the bedspread where he used to lay.  It's been over 30 years and I've had many cats since, but I've never had a connection with one like I did with him.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Dogs can see things outside of the visible spectrum but I believe it’s limited to what we know as UV.

I don’t know if that helps. My dog just barks at any weird shit whether it’s sounds or otherwise. He’s a good pup.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:25:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pretty arrogant to claim "there's no such thing as XYZ" just because we haven't been able to detect it yet, with what we have.

We don't know what can exist interdimensionally.

Hell, relative to human existence (which isn't that long to start with) it has been a blink of an eye since we though the universe revolved around the flat earth and we needed to get the bad blood out of sick people.

Many storys of cats predicting the next death at nursing homes. Dogs are  used to detect onset of epileptic fits or blood sugar issues.
View Quote

I think the thought of something supernatural terrifies some folks, so they tend to deny it exists at all, "if it doesn't exist it can't frighten me"

“There Are More Things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are Dreamt of in Your Philosophy”
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just asked my dog.

He said No.
View Quote

Now I’m concerned. I just asked my three dogs and they each said yes.

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My wife has a friend whos mom was renting an old farmhouse in northern Michigan.

The mom had a cat that was mostly blind that would randomly start racing through the house. In and out of rooms. Up and down stairs... that sort of thing.

One day the daughter, my wife's friend, was over and decided to take a video of the cat thinking it was cute/funny.

Playing back the video you could see a light orb moving through the house with the cat right behind it. Not just a little blip, but going in and out of rooms, down the hall, up the stairs and down the stairs. The orb was only visible on the phone screen. Nobody saw anything with the naked eye.

The weirdest part for me, was when this ball of light went up and down the stairs it wasn't in a smooth line from point a to b, it was like it was walking up the stairs. Up a riser, over a tread, up a riser, over the tread....

Strange video for sure. Not saying that I believe that was ghost getting chased by the cat, but it definitely makes you think...

View Quote

Do they stil have the video?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#18]
IDK if they can see ghosts, but I'll tell you one thing.  I'm glad my dogs can't talk about what they DO see.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 1:10:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Laugh if you want but many years ago I was changing my middle sons diaper on an old dresser in our last house.

He is 11 now, and I don't recall how old he was at the time, but old enough to not do the random uncontrolled infant movement thing (normal response to stimuli) yet young enough to still be pissing in a diaper, but not old enough to do make believe shit or try to "pull one over on me".

As I'm changing him, he looks up at the ceiling, in a very particular spot above my right shoulder. And laughs. Didn't think much of it, and he stops, pauses, looking at the same spot. And breaks out in laughter again. Cooing and looking, focused eyes tracking one spot over my shoulder. I paused changing his diaper and looked slowly over my right shoulder up at the popcorn ceiling.

Nothing there of course. As I finish up changing his diaper, he does it again. The hair was standing up on the back of my neck at this point, I didn't bother looking up again, stuffed him back in his onsie or whatever and went on with life. Still creeps me the fuck out to this day though, I have 3 kids and nothing out of the ordinary has ever happened but I got a really weird (but not negative or evil) vibe from that experience.

Link Posted: 3/2/2023 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They dont predict anything, they simply sense/feel//hear/smell it long before we do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm curious how you'd define "predict".
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 2:59:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top