Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I don’t enjoy a gun jammed into my Johnson when I try to drive a car.  Maybe that’s just me.
2-3 o’clock here.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:58:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

5'11" 168# 32" waist .... can't figure it out
View Quote

Where you at specifically? PM me. Might be able to let you try something.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Alien Gear is the answer you seek...
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:04:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've carried at the appendix for 24 years. The ru-tarded ones are those who shoot themselves while doing so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really ru-tarded

You'll shoot your balls off or hit the femoral artery.

Don't
I've carried at the appendix for 24 years. The ru-tarded ones are those who shoot themselves while doing so.

This...
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chandler
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Chandler
View Quote

Check PMs.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#7]
It really depends on where your belt line is. People's bodies conform to where they wear their belt. I don't "sag" my pants by any means but my belt line rides slightly lower than normal I guess. So appendix isn't comfortable for me. 3:30-4 position is what's comfortable for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:22:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe too high on the waist.  Do you wear mom jeans?

Butt of gun pivoting outward, holster loops on trigger guard area or past it, to pull butt in.

Also try canting gun muzzle ahead of butt so the grip is more parallel to your waistline.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:39:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe too high on the waist.  Do you wear mom jeans?

Butt of gun pivoting outward, holster loops on trigger guard area or past it, to pull butt in.

Also try canting gun muzzle ahead of butt so the grip is more parallel to your waistline.
View Quote
5000 posts  congrats.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What is the proper holster then? I even tried a tier 1
View Quote

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWBWC2-G19.html
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:17:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476319/20210608_182917-1974670.jpg
I aiwb carry this in the summer from time to time.
I'm 5'8" and 165#. Easy peasy.
Don't want to shoot yourself in the dick?
Don't squeeze the trigger while it's pointed at it.

Good holster and belt make a big difference. And you've got a good belt already. I have a Hidden Hybrid holster for it and is very comfortable.
Also play with the cant of the holster and where, side to side you like to have it.
Eta: clothing and habits make a big difference when it comes to comfort and safety while aiwb.
Keep loose under layers tucked in. You don't want a shirt getting caught in the trigger while reholstering, which you should NOT do with the holster tucked into your pants. Good way to shoot yourself in the junk.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:25:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I am almost exactly your height and weight. I have carried a 19 or 19x aiwb for almost 4 years. I use a vedder holster day to day, and a raven vanguard for deep concealment. The 19x in the vedder definitely prints, but I don’t care, and neither does anyone else. If I need to carry in a no carry area, I use the vanguard, pull my aegis belt tight and my 19 will disappear.

It wasn’t all day comfortable at first, but I could now work my 7-4 and then do work at home and not even notice it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

T shirt, shorts. Not super fitted but not moo moo fit either. I'm comfortable at 3-4 o'clock not appendix really
View Quote
Based on this and your other replies, I think you should try a different holster. One designed for AIWB but one without the magazine caddy.That way you have more flexibility to position things. I carry a LLT 92 with a X300U in a Floodlight holster.

Also if your problem is that you feel like the grip of the gun is tipping forward try a larger gun (G17,G34) the extra length will help.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWBWC2-G19.html
I picked up one of these JM Custom appendix holsters for my M&P 2.0 compact with a TLR-7A.  It's the only AIWB holster I have so I don't know if it's perfection, but it works well.  The full sweat gaurd, the claw, and the wedge of foam all help.  I'm 5'9" and 190# with a 34" waist.  It disappears under a snugly fit shirt.  I do find sitting to be mildly uncomfortable from the pressure point in my belly, not so much my crotch.

It's the most comfortable way for me to IWB carry while walking, but while sitting a 4 o'clock is more comfortable.  AIWB conceals better all around though, for me.

Also, you're just as likely to have a ND at the appendix as any other method of carry.  Don't finger fuck your trigger, dummies.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's a crazy idea: If you don't like it, don't do it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#16]
@greenspan check out Phlster. Pro series or skeleton if you're not using a WML. Otherwise floodlight is what you want.

They also put up a good guide recently with visuals. Hope it helps!
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Find a holster that works.  I've used the G-Code Incog for many years.
View Quote

I might even say holster & gun combination.

I can carry a G-Code Incog with a Glock 19 very comfortably.
I tried a G-Code Incog with a 1911 commander.  It was horrible!  The muzzle really dug into me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It doesn't work for me either. 3 or 4 o'clock only.
View Quote

This, I have no problem with appendix carry it just doesn’t work for me is all
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#19]
My holster has a piece of replaceable foam rubber on it that causes the grip of the gun to tuck more into my stomach instead of printing. You can buy them that way but I made mine with some pieces of industrial velcro, a piece of foam floor tile, and a belt sander.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#20]
5’11 190
T.Rex Sidecar
Blue Alpha low profile belt
Sig 365XL with a 12rnd flush mag and a Holosun 507k
15rnder in the mag holder

Works for me fine. But I also don’t wear skintight T-shirt’s and then bitch about printing. I’m typically in jeans or slacks and a untucked dress shirt. Gun disappears.

ETA for all the you’re going to shoot your dick off tards, if you don’t pull the trigger your don’t shoot your dick.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Mexican carry.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My holster has a piece of replaceable foam rubber on it that causes the grip of the gun to tuck more into my stomach instead of printing. You can buy them that way but I made mine with some pieces of industrial velcro, a piece of foam floor tile, and a belt sander.
View Quote

I had an issue with the butt of the gun pushing out until I did what this poster describes. Definitely more comfortable to wear now. Here’s a how to video.

Appendix Carry Yoga Block Modification
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In about two weeks there will be a new thread and poll called

"I shot my freaking balls off!!!!  What do now?"
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Appendix isn’t a plug and play like 3-4 o clock. But when it works, it REALLY works. I’ve had plenty of trained eyes around me surprised to see a 2011/x300u or Roland special in my pants. Pretty much a jeans and a tee shirt guy off duty.

It requires different pants, holster, belt combinations. I currently use a phlster spotlight with a mean gene leather belt for appendix. You don’t need anything crazy Uber stuff for a belt like OwB requires. A comptac holster shouldn’t even be remotely considered appendix ready.

Also experiment with various wedges and wings on the holster. Dark star gear and phlster make top tier appendix holsters, look at them OP before moving on.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Why anyone would want to point a pistol at their pecker is be on me.....
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a 28" waist and visible abs and I can't conceal anything larger than a 43 AIWB unless I'm wearing a hoodie or something.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Try a "fat guy" holster from JX Tactical.  IT sits deeper than others and helps to conceal.  That might help especially since you're using a quality belt like the Blue Alpha
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Whole lot of '20s accounts weighing in with some really stupid shit. How many times have you boneheads accidentally discharged your sidearm drawing from a holster?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476319/20210608_182917-1974670.jpg
I aiwb carry this in the summer from time to time.
I'm 5'8" and 165#. Easy peasy.
Don't want to shoot yourself in the dick?
Don't squeeze the trigger while it's pointed at it.
View Quote

What happened to, "never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to destroy"?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#30]
I like a much more flexible belt for AIWB than I do for other forms of carry.  It lets me reposition the gun more easily depending if I am sitting or standing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

ETA for all the you're going to shoot your dick off tards, if you don't pull the trigger your don't shoot your dick.
View Quote
This.  I think there is a little more potential risk, but some posters sound like they've just given up and plan to ND/shoot themselves one day.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What happened to, "never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to destroy"?
View Quote

Not directed at you specifically, but how often do you 3-4 o'clock guys flag your strong side leg and not know it?

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I really like my Concealment Express for AIWB.  But I do an actual "appendix carry."  By that I mean about 10:00 (I'm left handed); that would be 2:00 (over the appendix) for normal people.  I don't understand how appendix carry became 12:00!  Of course that would be uncomfortable!

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#34]
A good quality holster, built for AIWB and a damn good belt designed for CCW makes a world of difference.

I carry my G43x in a Davis Tactical holster with a Kore Essentials belt. And I could stand to lose 20 lbs. Works great for me and is completely comfortable

Attachment Attached File

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/western-belts/products/flag-buckle-western-black-full-grain-leather-gun-belt
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why anyone would want to point a pistol at their pecker is be on me.....
View Quote

We trust our equipment because we know it
It's much more concealable in all types of clothing
Much faster and more natural draw
IME, people who appendix carry actually train
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In about two weeks there will be a new thread and poll called

"I shot my freaking balls off!!!!  What do now?"
View Quote

"Calm down, ma'am!"
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#37]
LOL,. All these folks that think they'll shoot themselves.

I mean,.  Are you using a holster that covers your trigger guard?

What's stopping you from shooting yourself in the other positions?

I've never had a problem carrying appendix.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:52:46 AM EDT
[#38]
It's for skinny people who don't ever sit down.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I can’t either. Maybe my body isn’t made for it (long torso, short legs). But it protrudes and will print, the “claw” helps tilt it some but now it’s even wider. I can do it with a scrub shirt over jeans. But not a t shirt or polo. And I cannot find a comfortable position while seated
View Quote

Pull your pants up higher.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:03:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have a Tier1 and it prints?

I carry a G19 with a 22 round(G17 mag with a +5 extension) in the sidecar with no printing. 5'10, 180.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I also don't have the body type for it. I can't even do it with a little Sig P238.
View Quote

Thats because the dmaller guns are actually harder to appendix carry than a G19.   They want to roll out of your pants because they don't have enough length to act as a rudder.  I carry a 43 in a 48 length holster, and many times,  the G19 feels better than the 43. And I have plenty  of gut to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
AIWB won’t work if you have a belly that pokes. That’s all there is to that. It’ll just be painfully uncomfortable if you force it and your draw will suffer. Lose the weight if you really want to do it.
View Quote

That's simply not true.  I've got plenty of gut and have no issues.  And I train with other guys with more gut than me that have no issues drawing from appendix much faster than fat guys cwrrying at 3 or 4 oclock.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
1.)  Don't
2.)  3 or 4 o'clock ftw
3.)  It's kinda tarded
View Quote

He’s not wrong.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm the opposite, have found AIWB is the only way for me to comfortably carry.  Key is a good holster.  Lately I've settled on Tier One.  Use them for a 19x or 2011
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#45]
There are dozens of videos on the topic and many of them will give you a better idea than someone trying to type you through it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I struggled with it too until I got the right setup. Holster
from ANR Design and a belt from Nexbelt.

I usually carry a S&W Shield so a bit thinner than your G19 but occasionally an M&P compact and it still carries great.

Unlike pretty much everyone, I actually carry it slightly  the left (I'm still a righty though). I guess you'd say about 11 o'clock. I find slightly off center in either direction to be more comfortable because it kind of rides in the crease (for lack of better word) between your leg and pelvic area. I can't keep it to the right (1 oclock) due to a previous surgery and it's wicked uncomfortable for me... so 11 o'clock it is. By keeping it at 11 o'clock too it places the grip of the pistol across my belly too instead of sticking past it to the right... if that makes sense? I just find it sits flatter to me when it's that way.

I wear Tshirts no problem with that setup, and moderate length drives are no problem either.

Check out ANR Design, solid AIWB holsters. I use the claw with the M&P compact but no claw with the Shield.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Blackpoint with the wings, ctac, and a couple of specific ones made for appendix all print a ton. At 3 o'clock my wife can't even notice it but appendix she always can point it out.

Eta oh and a tier 1 with a sidecar
View Quote

Can you pull your belt tighter a notch? I made a wedge foe my Tier 1 using a Dr Scholl's gel heel cup and velcro.  Tips the top of the gun inward too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#48]
I used to hate it as well and one day it sort of clicked for me. Carry a P365xl in a Raven Vanguard II or Tulster Oath depending

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#49]
I've tried it a number of times with an XDS,  P365, and G48 in standard kydex holsters that I normally wear on my hip.  I have no issues while on my feet, but momemt I sit down, I can't stand the muzzle jamming into my groin.  It's very uncomfortable and starts to become painful.  I've carried into work like that to "try again", but by noon I have to move the holster back to my hip.  I can't imagine that a dedicated AIWB holster would alleviate that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#50]
I’m too skinny, it’s the only way I can carry in the summer. Right now I’m carrying small of back with the back of my shirt untucked. I always tuck my shirt in so it’s the only option.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top