Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5000 posts  congrats.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe too high on the waist.  Do you wear mom jeans?

Butt of gun pivoting outward, holster loops on trigger guard area or past it, to pull butt in.

Also try canting gun muzzle ahead of butt so the grip is more parallel to your waistline.
5000 posts  congrats.

Thanks!  Wow its been 5000 already??

Cant believe I wasted it trying to help someone
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Fatties can't do AIWB.

You'll have to put it on your belt and wear a tan vest with a lot of pockets. And an NRA hat.

It's a cruel irony that the guys who don't need to use their penis for much will be the ones saved from a gun shot because their gunt prevented scrotal execution carry style.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used this holster with a G26 for years Appendix Carry i do not like the wide holsters with leather backers. i found after trying many holsters the minimal design of this one makes it very easy and comfortable to carry with everything from drawstring athletic shorts to dress pants. the thing that makes the most difference in comfort is a good belt and with drawstring shorts obviously making sure the strings are tied tight.

I am in good shape overweight however and understand even moderate amounts of fat around the mid section probably would make it uncomfortable and print a little more maybe.

I dont really understand people worried about shooting themselves, i would not use a leather or other soft side holster for AIWB having said that. with kydex, a quality firearm and proper training there shouldn't be a question of safety, i have drawn from that position a lot and still don't really understand how people would be able to shoot themselves unless they get on the trigger way too soon and have really bad mechanics.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fatties can't do AIWB.

You'll have to put it on your belt and wear a tan vest with a lot of pockets. And an NRA hat.

It's a cruel irony that the guys who don't need to use their penis for much will be the ones saved from a gun shot because their gunt prevented scrotal execution carry style.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What happened to, "never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to destroy"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476319/20210608_182917-1974670.jpg
I aiwb carry this in the summer from time to time.
I'm 5'8" and 165#. Easy peasy.
Don't want to shoot yourself in the dick?
Don't squeeze the trigger while it's pointed at it.

What happened to, "never point a weapon at anything you don't intend to destroy"?

I don't squeeze the trigger while it's pointed there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/SIC7R6C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/46usoU8.jpg

Pull gun from waistband and the kydex trigger-cover stays behind. Been carrying almost daily like this for years and my balls & femoral artery have never been abused. Just don't be a loud mouth who gets into brawls frequently and might get tossed on his head.  For that you would want a holster to hold your pistol in your pants when you are upside down.
Drive and walk for hours like this or with a G33 and forget I'm wearing it.   5'10", 155lbs, 33 waist. 1:00 & 2:00 oclock carry.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#7]
@OP

Post a pic of your gun, holster, and a pic of you wearing the gun.

I'd bet you are overthinking how much you "print". Does it even matter in your state about printing?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
5’11 190
T.Rex Sidecar
Blue Alpha low profile belt
Sig 365XL with a 12rnd flush mag and a Holosun 507k
15rnder in the mag holder

Works for me fine. But I also don’t wear skintight T-shirt’s and then bitch about printing. I’m typically in jeans or slacks and a untucked dress shirt. Gun disappears.

ETA for all the you’re going to shoot your dick off tards, if you don’t pull the trigger your don’t shoot your dick.
View Quote

T.Rex all the things. I have basically the same setup and it works great. I did swap the belt loops out for some thinner metal ones (and bent them away from the holster) and that helps to conceal even better.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I think part of the reason it doesn't work for me is that I have a slim waist and narrow hips. Looking down from the top, my abs form a trapezoidal shape that pushes the gun out at an angle.  I'm carrying a Glock 19 with RMR and XC1B between 3 and 4 o'clock under an untucked fitted polo and the gun disappears. To conceal the same gun AIWB, I'd have too wear a hoodie or an oversized button down.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#10]
To the OP,

look for a holster that offers a wing or device to push the grip into your body.

look for an option for a pad that pushes the butt of the gun into your body

look for a holster that overall is narrow

I haven't found that the belt attachment significantly impacts me but prefer a metal clip

i prefer kydex and you want something that doesn't compress easily

Have a stiff or supportive belt

learn to dress to support whatever method you pick

i have found the dark star holster to work well for me carrying AIWB
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#11]
The anti-appendix carry sentiment in this thread is comical.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Are you wearing your pants on your hips or on your waist? If you wear your pants low, that could be a problem.

Get a good belt, get a good holster.

Glocks are a little more difficult to hide AIWB because of the slide shape. A 1911, Beretta (92 or PX4), S&W M&P, Sig P320, etc etc etc...most other guns will disappear. With Glocks, it is the top rear right corner of the slide that usually pokes out.

You also probably want a longer holster than you think you'll need. A 17 or 34 holster will help keep the top cantilevered in. Short holsters can tend to roll out.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I also carry a g19. The most comfortable holster for me has been the Comfortac. I resisted because I just didn't like the idea the holster was built around. Then I tried it and was pleasantly surprised.

https://comforttac.com/?msclkid=ecd2ba7778931aa76bfedab40e25eb09&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%5BBrand%5D%20-%20Comforttac%20-%20Search%20-%20US&utm_term=comforttac&utm_content=1%20-%20Comforttac%20EX

May not be for everyone though.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I also carry a g19. The most comfortable holster for me has been the Comfortac. I resisted because I just didn't like the idea the holster was built around. Then I tried it and was pleasantly surprised.

https://comforttac.com/?msclkid=ecd2ba7778931aa76bfedab40e25eb09&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=%5BBrand%5D%20-%20Comforttac%20-%20Search%20-%20US&utm_term=comforttac&utm_content=1%20-%20Comforttac%20EX

May not be for everyone though.
View Quote

I've toyed with the idea of one of those. Seems like it would be easier to tuck in your shirt wearing one of those. Do you wear your shirt tucked in with it? @Rdrllcinc
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Two handed draw is a big downside to AIWB.

It looks nifty on the range when you always have the luxury of two hands.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I've read that no-one who competes or has a profession where it's somewhat likely they may have to shoot someone carries AIWB.  Assuming this to be true, what does that tell you about carrying in that way?  
Full disclosure: I'm too heavy to make it comfortable for me although I have carried AIWB on occasion.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've read that no-one who competes or has a profession where it's somewhat likely they may have to shoot someone carries AIWB.  Assuming this to be true, what does that tell you about carrying in that way?  
Full disclosure: I'm too heavy to make it comfortable for me although I have carried AIWB on occasion.
View Quote

I'm confused by this. Competition rigs are generally OWB. Cops (people likely to be shot at) also OWB. Neither has any reason to conceal.

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
so what do I need to do to conceal the gun appendix? Trying to carry a G19 how should it be oriented? Just can't seem to carry it well. I am basically average size not a fatty but could lose 5 lbs. Strong side IWB the gun hides pretty well for me but I'd really like to figure out this aappendix thing. Using a comptac holster right now but I have used others more popular for appendix that also don't work out well for me. The side car thing seems to really not work for me...
View Quote

I used to do a similar carry method, "Thunderwear."  It worked fairly well for "deep carry" missions where concealment was paramount but was still a two-handed draw and reholster.

I have since learned "my left hand might be busy," often holding a flashlight.  For myself, I will only have a one-handed draw and reholster.

I'd instead suggest pocket carry or belt holster for summer, perhaps shoulder holster in winter.

If you still prefer appendix carry, best of luck to you.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
cognitive dissonance much?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I really like my Concealment Express for AIWB.  But I do an actual "appendix carry."  By that I mean about 10:00 (I'm left handed); that would be 2:00 (over the appendix) for normal people.  I don't understand how appendix carry became 12:00!  Of course that would be uncomfortable!

View Quote

This!  Even the go fast guys in well made TV shows know this...LOL

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm 5'11" and lean. 938 in an Aliengear works.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm confused by this. Competition rigs are generally OWB. Cops (people likely to be shot at) also OWB. Neither has any reason to conceal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While this is true, if appendix carry is faster and more ergonomic as its proponents claim, why don’t competitive shooters wear OWB rigs in the front?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I used to think that too...until I tried it.  I can't explain how it works, but it does and is surprisingly comfortable, even when sitting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Near as I can figure, you need to wear yours pants as high as Steve Urkel, otherwise the gun won't be inline with your torso when you sit.

I used to think that too...until I tried it.  I can't explain how it works, but it does and is surprisingly comfortable, even when sitting.

Sitting while carrying AIWB is only comfortable for me if I hike my pants way up.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#24]

WTF with these responses. Do any of you people shoot?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In about two weeks there will be a new thread and poll called

"I shot my freaking balls off!!!!  What do now?"
View Quote

If the only thing keeping you from shooting your balls off is where you carry your gun, maybe you shouldn’t be carrying a gun.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
so what do I need to do to conceal the gun appendix? Trying to carry a G19 how should it be oriented? Just can't seem to carry it well. I am basically average size not a fatty but could lose 5 lbs. Strong side IWB the gun hides pretty well for me but I'd really like to figure out this aappendix thing. Using a comptac holster right now but I have used others more popular for appendix that also don't work out well for me. The side car thing seems to really not work for me...
View Quote

Directly in the middle of your britches in the front, with the barrel going down one side of your junk in the little pocket of your groin area. If I absolutely need a belt I use the inner Velcro belt from my 2 piece Ronin battle belt and shift the overlap to one side. Fuck belts with buckles for AIWB. HOLSTER is Stealth Gear Ventcore, fuck all that raw kydex gouging into your belly and groin. I wear sports type undies so the holster slides with my pants and doesent bind up when moving against my body. I'm not rail skinny, nor am I fat. Initially I carried a G19 and it was ultimately just too big and heavy of a piece for me to deal with and conceal properly. Bending over trying to pick something up jammed it into places that didn't feel too great. Moved to a P365 in the same model holster and it was a NIGHT and DAY difference. The comfort level is amazing and the pistol disappears under any shirt. I even wear it in baggies with a draw string in the middle of the hot summer without issues. If I'm driving, I remove the holster and place it in the gap between my seat which is easier to draw than dealing with a shirt and seatbelt.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Tenicor
PHLster
Dark Star Gear

All of the above make holsters specifically designed for AIWB. Having a wedge and a camming bar make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Near as I can figure, you need to wear yours pants as high as Steve Urkel, otherwise the gun won't be inline with your torso when you sit.
View Quote

False, relaxed fit low rise pants/shorts. The pistol lays flat with the contour of your lower torso and tucks into the vertical portion of your upper torso. Your pistol doesent have to be in your pants 24/7 either. Just in the situations where you need it to be concealed.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I guess ill be helpful, because appendix does have a bit of a learning curve. Firstly it’s IWB so I like my pants to fit 1” or so looser than normal. I strongly prefer Velcro belts since the smallest of adjustments can make a huge difference here. The 1” or 3/4” adjustments of leather belts are often too coarse, they work, but they aren’t ideal. Also, you don’t carry @ 12, I carry at…1? The slide sits in the gap between my abs and where my thigh begins. I wear my pants up higher not along the hips, such that when I bend the barrel doesn’t jut into my leg. Also, maybe you can pull it off, but a full-width pistol doesn’t work well for me. A slim 43X/365ish works great though, and short slides work better than long ones, whereas the grip length doesn’t matter much and can run long. Oh, and have the buckle portion of the belt off to the left one loop, that way everything is clipped into straight belt without the buckle fucking everything up.

For reference, I’m 5’9” (actual height not Internet height) and a low bodyfat 170 (actual weight, not Internet weight). If you have a gut you’re going to have a bad time.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#30]
in for the laffs
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

While this is true, if appendix carry is faster and more ergonomic as its proponents claim, why don’t competitive shooters wear OWB rigs in the front?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rulez.  IPSC IIRC has a "nipple rule", firearm cannot be in the area between your nipples.  

There was a period in IPSC that guns were creeping towards the appendix area as the surrender position they used was a quick drop to appendix position.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Rulez.  IPSC IIRC has a "nipple rule", firearm cannot be in the area between your nipples.  

There was a period in IPSC that guns were creeping towards the appendix area as the surrender position they used was a quick drop to appendix position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While this is true, if appendix carry is faster and more ergonomic as its proponents claim, why don't competitive shooters wear OWB rigs in the front?

Jim Zubiena knew just a bit about competition shooting.

Miami Vice Jim Zubiena Mozambique drill scene

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I used to do a similar carry method, "Thunderwear."  It worked fairly well for "deep carry" missions where concealment was paramount but was still a two-handed draw and reholster.

I have since learned "my left hand might be busy," often holding a flashlight.  For myself, I will only have a one-handed draw and reholster.

I'd instead suggest pocket carry or belt holster for summer, perhaps shoulder holster in winter.

If you still prefer appendix carry, best of luck to you.  
View Quote

One hand draw AIWB is no problem.  Strong hand hooks edge of hanging cover garment and hikes it up, then drops to grip.

Reholster one hand by sticking strong side thumb out, use to hook edge of cover garment and hike it up, then holster firearm in now-exposed holster.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXv8IepBVJQ

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While this is true, if appendix carry is faster and more ergonomic as its proponents claim, why don't competitive shooters wear OWB rigs in the front?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXv8IepBVJQ

Surprised he didnt shoot his dick off!

Bit yeah, he looks like he might know a thing. Maybe 2.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've tried it a number of times with an XDS,  P365, and G48 in standard kydex holsters that I normally wear on my hip.  I have no issues while on my feet, but momemt I sit down, I can't stand the muzzle jamming into my groin.  It's very uncomfortable and starts to become painful.  I've carried into work like that to "try again", but by noon I have to move the holster back to my hip.  I can't imagine that a dedicated AIWB holster would alleviate that.
View Quote

A proper AIWB holster not made solely from hard gut and groin jabbing plastic?

https://stealthgearusa.com/sig-sauer-p365-appendix-ventcore-holster/

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you remove your shirt and upper garment in every other concealed option? With your second hand, or make due with your free hand. I swear, the idiocy in these threads are .
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm with you, OP.  In fact, I posed a related question a week or so ago.  

Appendix carry in the car results in my weapon being inside my pants, covered by my shirt, and then parts of it under the seat belt.  So, move the seat belt up, and now I got the seat belt in the "rupture my organs" high position.  

Bending over or even sitting in an office chair is uncomfortable.  

5-10 and 1/2, 189 lbs on the scale this morning, wear a 44 in a suit coat, and carrying a double stack 9mm.  Specifically, a Sig P228.  

I don't give a flying F about printing.  Its not a real issue in my state.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm with you, OP.  In fact, I posed a related question a week or so ago.  

Appendix carry in the car results in my weapon being inside my pants, covered by my shirt, and then parts of it under the seat belt.  So, move the seat belt up, and now I got the seat belt in the "rupture my organs" high position.  

Bending over or even sitting in an office chair is uncomfortable.  

5-10 and 1/2, 189 lbs on the scale this morning, wear a 44 in a suit coat, and carrying a double stack 9mm.  Specifically, a Sig P228.  

I don't give a flying F about printing.  Its not a real issue in my state.
View Quote

Do you absolutely have to keep your pistol stuffed in your pants while driving? I do not and I absolutely do not want that mass anywhere near my body if I get into a wreck . If possible find a handy location to put it. Slip it back in before exiting the vehicle. If you have a truck get out and put it in. No one is gonna see anything.

Agree about printing. I used to have a bit of concern about it, but not any more, at all. When in public people are totally self absorbed and oblivious. For months I actually payed attention to people and where they looked. Very few people are staring at others peoples belt line/crotches.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you can't draw from appendix one handed, you're an idiot
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That'd absolutely the exact opposite of my experience. The folks I know and train with who are very serious about shooting and gunfighting carry appendix
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rules typically don't allow it. Even at work, my duty holster sits forward slightly of my hip as it provides a more natural and faster draw.

Stand up straight and let your arms hang in a relaxed position, guarantee they are forward of your hips slightly not directly at your side or behind your hips. Drawing from a natural, relaxed position is faster
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm 6'3" and fat as F-U-C-K and I've been carrying my G19 easily for six months.  I was pocket carrying an old S&W mdl38 before that.  

The gun stays in the holster so I haven't shot myself yet.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm skinny and I don't print at all while appendix carrying but sitting down sucks unless I pull my pants up above my belly button.

Edit: this is with a G19 and an incog eclipse holster
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:52:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

What? You can use 1 hand just like 3oclock if needed, in fact it's easier. And it's even better that you can visually check the holster before reholstering by just a glance down
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476319/20210608_182917-1974670.jpg
I aiwb carry this in the summer from time to time.
I'm 5'8" and 165#. Easy peasy.
Don't want to shoot yourself in the dick?
Don't squeeze the trigger while it's pointed at it.

You think this applies to a holstered weapon?  Really?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:57:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not saying it can’t be done, but I never see anyone doing it. I sometimes carry a BUG AWIB and I practice clearing and drawing with one hand but I can’t remember seeing anyone else do it in real life or online.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#48]
The derp in this thread is strong.

Aiwb is not for everyone.

It does allow for a faster draw, easier to draw while ground fighting, easier to defend from a gun grab, easier to conceal, and allows you situational awareness.

5" 1911
Attachment Attached File

K frame
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I'd rather stick the gun up my ass than appendix carry.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I like my crossbreed reckoning holster

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top