Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
if you can't figure it out, then you probably shouldn't be doing it

there's a reason why reputable instructors don't allow it at their courses
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I never see anyone doing it. I sometimes carry a BUG AWIB and I practice clearing and drawing with one hand but I can't remember seeing anyone else do it in real life or online.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two handed draw is a big downside to AIWB.

It looks nifty on the range when you always have the luxury of two hands.

If you can't draw from appendix one handed, you're an idiot

I'm not saying it can't be done, but I never see anyone doing it. I sometimes carry a BUG AWIB and I practice clearing and drawing with one hand but I can't remember seeing anyone else do it in real life or online.
How would you draw one handed from a 3 o'clock position from under a cover garment?  You would do basically the same for appendix, wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You driving with the gun?

I think the only system that will work for you is one of the underwear carry options.

Now it ain't no quickdraw, and you'll have 27 ounces of Austrian steel and plastic hovering over your nards, but I think it's the only way if you're driving.

You don't want it at your back. At 3 o'clock, it will whack the seatbelt buckle.
View Quote

I drive with my appendix carry all the time zero issues
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The yOuLL sHoOt YoUr BaLLs oFF fudd crowd is fucking hilarious.  

When was the last time a gun went off in your holster?  Finger off the fucking trigger, it doesn't go off, remember?

If you can't carry a gun without negligently discharging on the draw or reholster you should'nt be carrying a fucking gun PERIOD.  

"Hurr durr I carry 3-4 o clock so when I shoot my gun without intending to its not me who gets hurt.  Hurr durr."
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm not that skinny. 5-11 225 and my pants aren't that high
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I guess I'll try that but I really do mean 5lbs and even when I was in perfect shape it never seemed to conceal well for me.
View Quote

Your pecs have to extend past the vertical plane of your belt buckle. Your shirt needs to drape off your chest, not get hung up on the part of the gun that isn't in the holster. And you obviously have to pick your shirts right. Nothing tight and form fitting, unless you have a true V-shape and its only snug at the top. Heavy materials in button ups usually work well too. If you live somewhere cold, flannels are pretty good at concealing.

I am 6'3", 210 lbs and carry AIWB. I have a Sig P320 compact in a TREX Sidecar and a P365 in a Tier 1 Concealment Axis Slim. They both work for me. The Sidecar has a neoprene wedge and it was a game changer.

Try a neoprene wedge to force the butt of the gun more vertical (or press it slightly further into your abs). I can wear a simple T-shirt with the P365 and it's not obvious unless there's a hard wind hitting me in the chest...
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
PHLster has a really informative guide on appendix carry.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/the-basics-of-concealment-mechanics/

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm 6'1 / 202# not skinny, but not obese either.
Pictured is a Glock 20SF.
With that style shirt (button up), no problem.
With thinner shirts / t-shirt like, Glock 19/23
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd rather stick the gun up my ass than appendix carry.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The amount of fudds in here is crazy. OP get a better holster like Tier1 Axis Elite, Trex sidecar, etc. Also get a hanks gunner belt (comfortable) or blue alpha edc (sturdy af but rubs a little if you're chunky.

Train a lot and dont rush to reholster. /end
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/SIC7R6C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/46usoU8.jpg

Pull gun from waistband and the kydex trigger-cover stays behind. Been carrying almost daily like this for years and my balls & femoral artery have never been abused. Just don't be a loud mouth who gets into brawls frequently and might get tossed on his head.  For that you would want a holster to hold your pistol in your pants when you are upside down.
Drive and walk for hours like this or with a G33 and forget I'm wearing it.   5'10", 155lbs, 33 waist. 1:00 & 2:00 oclock carry.
View Quote

*Please be trolling, please be trolling*
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:57:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're not talking hobbies right now, we're talking CCW.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like you should try a phlster enigma. Even if you end up not liking it, they're in high demand and you could sell it for exactly what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’m not saying it can’t be done, but I never see anyone doing it. I sometimes carry a BUG AWIB and I practice clearing and drawing with one hand but I can’t remember seeing anyone else do it in real life or online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two handed draw is a big downside to AIWB.

It looks nifty on the range when you always have the luxury of two hands.

If you can't draw from appendix one handed, you're an idiot

I’m not saying it can’t be done, but I never see anyone doing it. I sometimes carry a BUG AWIB and I practice clearing and drawing with one hand but I can’t remember seeing anyone else do it in real life or online.

I do and so do the guys I know who carry AIWB
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Much of the big instructors are advocates of it
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#17]
After carrying for decades it's hard to beat pocket carry, haha. That or yeah strong side carry. 3-4 o'clock. Cross draw or shoulder holsters are the best when driving or sitting down, but usually needs a jacket to conceal well. Appendix carry is fine standing up, but sucks sitting down. It's popular with some, but it's not for me. If you're worried about shooting your junk, I'd go SA/DA or DAO. I think a hammerless J-frame revolver is the way to go for appendix as it's more natural shaped with the body.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm 6'1 / 202# not skinny, but not obese either.
Pictured is a Glock 20SF.
With that style shirt (button up), no problem.
With thinner shirts / t-shirt like, Glock 19/23
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302943/20210505_115442_jpg-1975000.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302943/20210505_115517_jpg-1975001.JPG
View Quote

Between the fit and the pattern of that shirt, you should be able to conceal a Draco with a drum under that motherfucker.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Near as I can figure, you need to wear yours pants as high as Steve Urkel, otherwise the gun won't be inline with your torso when you sit.
View Quote

This.

Standing is fine.  Sitting doesn't work.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do you absolutely have to keep your pistol stuffed in your pants while driving? I do not and I absolutely do not want that mass anywhere near my body if I get into a wreck . If possible find a handy location to put it. Slip it back in before exiting the vehicle. If you have a truck get out and put it in. No one is gonna see anything.

Agree about printing. I used to have a bit of concern about it, but not any more, at all. When in public people are totally self absorbed and oblivious. For months I actually payed attention to people and where they looked. Very few people are staring at others peoples belt line/crotches.
View Quote

Currently - OWB, 4 o'clock.   But, its uncomfortable while driving.   So, I end up removing the weapon from the holster immediately prior to entering the vehicle, and re-holstering upon exit.   I was trying to avoid all the "in and out" of the holster.  

I live in the swamp, so shoulder holster means I need to wear a wife beater plus a button up sort of shirt over it basically 9 months out of the year.   3 months, a light jacket does the job, but then I can't take the jacket off w/o revealing I am carrying.      

I want to conceal, but printing is not an issue.  I can open carry, but don't want the attention that brings.      
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I also don't have the body type for it. I can't even do it with a little Sig P238.
View Quote
cant fit my shield with my gut. it works as long as I dont have to sit. 4oclock for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I see the Botkin cult members have arrived in force.  Appendix carry or you are a Boomer Fudd!  

Sorry, many of us don't wear 12yo girl skinny jeans and speed up our videos.

If you want to transition to a woman, go ahead and carry it pointed at your beans and weiner.  BTW, when you start drawing, the trigger guard of the holster is no longer effective.

I don't recall and real gunfighters carrying this way, only TRex worshipping larpers.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Somewhere on internet - I saw a video - basically they said that it has very little to do with your weight and physical shape - but it has everything to do with how do you wear your belt and pants - if you wear your pants belt low on your hips, especially with even a little belly spilling out - it will be almost impossible to carry AIWB succesfully

if you wear your belt high - at or just below your waist - you can be a 400 lbs fatso and still be able to conceal AIWB with right clothes and be comfortable

it makes sense to me - I wear by pants under my belly - cant do it
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I see the Botkin cult members have arrived in force.  Appendix carry or you are a Boomer Fudd!  

If you want to transition to a woman, go ahead and carry it pointed at your beans and weiner.  BTW, when you start drawing, the trigger guard of the holster is no longer effective.

I don't recall and real gunfighters carrying this way, only TRex worshipping larpers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#25]
It works well for concealment but it's not the most comfortable thing in the world, particularly if you're driving somewhere and you're concealing a G19 or larger handgun.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many times have you given yourself Glock-leg, discharging on the draw stoke when carrying strong-side IWB?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
OP didn't ask what form of carry was better, or about his balls or sticking a gun up his ass, or any of the other shit people like you have have shit posted.  Go be fat somewhere else.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In about two weeks there will be a new thread and poll called

"I shot my freaking balls off!!!!  What do now?"
View Quote

Holy shit
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This!  Even the go fast guys in well made TV shows know this...LOL

View Quote

Hahah yeap

I wear mine at about 2 almost to hip bone
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
oh for fuck's sake
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In about two weeks there will be a new thread and poll called

"I shot my freaking balls off!!!!  What do now?"
View Quote

I’ll take, “how to tell people you don’t train without saying you don’t train” for $500, Alex.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Between the fit and the pattern of that shirt, you should be able to conceal a Draco with a drum under that motherfucker.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-FkKXIT5pg
View Quote

Shooting cast with Unique?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where did you come up with this bullshit?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:22:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Botkin is a retard, but AIWB is sound practice.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Directly in the middle of your britches in the front, with the barrel going down one side of your junk in the little pocket of your groin area. If I absolutely need a belt I use the inner Velcro belt from my 2 piece Ronin battle belt and shift the overlap to one side. Fuck belts with buckles for AIWB. HOLSTER is Stealth Gear Ventcore, fuck all that raw kydex gouging into your belly and groin. I wear sports type undies so the holster slides with my pants and doesent bind up when moving against my body. I'm not rail skinny, nor am I fat. Initially I carried a G19 and it was ultimately just too big and heavy of a piece for me to deal with and conceal properly. Bending over trying to pick something up jammed it into places that didn't feel too great. Moved to a P365 in the same model holster and it was a NIGHT and DAY difference. The comfort level is amazing and the pistol disappears under any shirt. I even wear it in baggies with a draw string in the middle of the hot summer without issues. If I'm driving, I remove the holster and place it in the gap between my seat which is easier to draw than dealing with a shirt and seatbelt.
View Quote

I just move my buckle one loop to the right.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir

Iirc it's 8gr under a 158gr bullet. About 1100fps.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#39]
The limiting factor for appendix carry is barrel length.  The barrel needs to be short enough to not stab you in the thigh when you sit.  For me a G19 is too long.  26 or 43 work great.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Directly in the middle of your britches in the front, with the barrel going down one side of your junk in the little pocket of your groin area. If I absolutely need a belt I use the inner Velcro belt from my 2 piece Ronin battle belt and shift the overlap to one side. Fuck belts with buckles for AIWB. HOLSTER is Stealth Gear Ventcore, fuck all that raw kydex gouging into your belly and groin. I wear sports type undies so the holster slides with my pants and doesent bind up when moving against my body. I'm not rail skinny, nor am I fat. Initially I carried a G19 and it was ultimately just too big and heavy of a piece for me to deal with and conceal properly. Bending over trying to pick something up jammed it into places that didn't feel too great. Moved to a P365 in the same model holster and it was a NIGHT and DAY difference. The comfort level is amazing and the pistol disappears under any shirt. I even wear it in baggies with a draw string in the middle of the hot summer without issues. If I'm driving, I remove the holster and place it in the gap between my seat which is easier to draw than dealing with a shirt and seatbelt.

I did the same when I wore a buckled belt. But, eventually realized that the infinite adjustment and slim profile of the velcro only a lot more comfortable overall.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The derp in this thread is strong.

Aiwb is not for everyone.

It does allow for a faster draw, easier to draw while ground fighting, easier to defend from a gun grab, easier to conceal, and allows you situational awareness.

5" 1911
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1974994.JPG
K frame
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20210101_140619_jpg-1974996.JPG
View Quote

Was just gifted a 13-3 from my father and have been bit by the S&W bug. Can you tell me about your K frame? Model, grips etc..

@03RN
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes sir

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir

I figured as much!

I’ve burned a lot of Unique and cast over the years before moving over to Sport Pistol and powder coating.  The plume of smoke looked familiar!  

I think Unique is just flammable dirt!  

That’s some pretty good speed for a 158!

Good job on the reloads!  It’s nice to see a “younger” person that knows how to use speed loaders.

I’m an older dude ( but not a boomer ) that occasionally appendix carries. I don’t see what the big deal is either way. I seem to always go back to 3 o’clock because….I don’t know?  Old habits?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Fat Guys Concealed Carry & The '300th Parallel'
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Was just gifted a 13-3 from my father and have been bit by the S&W bug. Can you tell me about your K frame? Model, grips etc..

@03RN
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does allow for a faster draw, easier to draw while ground fighting, easier to defend from a gun grab, easier to conceal, and allows you situational awareness.

5" 1911
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/KIMG1050_JPG-1024373_jpeg-1974994.JPG
K frame

@03RN

@AstraPat
Sure.
M66-8 with a 2.75" barrel and ahrend grips.
Attachment Attached File

I've tried a lot of grips. If I wasn't using magnums I'd be happy with vz grips. If I couldn't find ahrends but wanted to shoot magnums I'd use pachy compact grips.

What barrel length on the 13? I carried a 4" m19-3 for a year aiwb and it was ok. Really only switched to a shorter barrel because I wanted a stainless gun to help decrease rusting.

Jmcustom makes the holster I use and I use a safariland cd-2 for my speedloader
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#46]
It’s not for everyone OP. Definitely not for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I figured as much!

I’ve burned a lot of Unique and cast over the years before moving over to Sport Pistol and powder coating.  The plume of smoke looked familiar!  

Good job on the reloads!  It’s nice to see a “younger” person that knows how to use speed loaders.

I’m an older dude ( but not a boomer ) that occasionally appendix carries. I don’t see what the big deal is either way. I seem to always go back to 3 o’clock because….I don’t know?  Old habits?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir

I figured as much!

Thanks

I've found a great load with be-86 now. 8.1grains for an even 1150fps from the 2.75" barrel.

I carry at 4oclock sometimes. Definitely is a nice change of pace every once in a while.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#48]
6’2” and 240 pounds of pure squishyness.

The right belt and holster make it work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@AstraPat
Sure.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20210601_151334_jpg-1965993_jpeg-1975161.JPG

I've tried a lot of grips. If I wasn't using magnums I'd be happy with vz grips. If I couldn't find ahrends but wanted to shoot magnums I'd use pachy compact grips.

What barrel length on the 13? I carried a 4" m19-3 for a year aiwb and it was ok. Really only switched to a shorter barrel because I wanted a stainless gun to help decrease rusting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5" 1911
K frame

@03RN

@AstraPat
Sure.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20210601_151334_jpg-1965993_jpeg-1975161.JPG

Awesome, thanks for the reply! Guess I’m on the hunt for a model 66 now..

It’s is 4” bbl. trying to find a LH IWB holster for it.

Attachment Attached File

@03RN
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126406/1E1C3C13-BE1A-4E53-A4C4-3AFE300819AB_jpe-1975229.JPG

@03RN
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5" 1911
K frame

@03RN

@AstraPat
Sure.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126406/1E1C3C13-BE1A-4E53-A4C4-3AFE300819AB_jpe-1975229.JPG

@03RN

@AstraPat

Nice gun.

If you want a traditional iwb check out Ryan grizzle. He's great with horsehide.

With a 4" square butt I found VZs to handle any recoil just fine.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top